Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
Georgetown always gets a hopeful crowd or two in September, but by mid-October, when Lehigh usually arrives, the home fans are just beaten down. A lot of fans give up (or already have). Georgetown's all-time PL record at home, in games after September, is 5-25. Try to justify that record (at any ticket price) to the casual fan who asks when basketball season starts. Never mind how uncomfortable the MSF is (without so much as a permanent set of rest rooms) , it's a win-loss issue.

Which is, in part, why I've raised my concerns about how fragile the relationship is about to become for Georgetown in the Patriot League. When the 31-14 home losses to Colgate or Bucknell start trending to 42-0 or 55-10 every week, at what point do the fans lose interest altogether?
Georgetown definitely faces an uphill battle in football. I give the Hoya fans I've sat near when I've attended games there credit though - they are into the game and the team even though they have been a distinct underdog in all three games I've attended at Multi-Sport Field.