Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivy League Non-Conference Schedules, 2015-2017

Ivy League Non-Conference Schedules, 2015-2017

Posted at the Ivy League web site:

Brown's three non-conference opponents from 2015-17 will be Bryant, URI, and Stetson.
    Columbia has added Georgetown to go along with Fordham, with Wagner in 2015 and Marist in '16 and '17.
    Cornell has Bucknell and Colgate each year, with Sacred Heart in '15 and '16 and Delaware in 2017
    Dartmouth has Georgetown, Sacred Heart, and Central Connecticut in 2015, with UNH in '16 and the rest still TBA.
    Harvard has secured multi-year deals with Georgetown, Lafayette, and URI.
    Penn has Lehigh, Fordham, and a third TBA after Villanova rolls off in 2015.
    Princeton has a rotation which variously includes two each with Lafayette, Lehigh and Georgetown, plus Colgate in '15 and San Diego in '17
    Yale: Two each with Colgate and Lehigh, plus Maine ('15), and Fordham ('16), one TBA.

http://static.psbin.com/4/a/vjio6fzf...uide-Intro.pdf
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas, UC Davis, Chicago, MIT

Re: Ivy League Non-Conference Schedules, 2015-2017

Oh my. Harvard has guaranteed OOC wins for the next three years, because Georgetown and URI are cellar-dwellers in their respective conferences and won't probably change for the next few years. Definitely a step down from years before.

Yale, however, has the best quality of OOC opponents in the Ivies for the next three years because of the presence of Maine and Fordham. Cornell will be battle-tested as well because of Sacred Heart and Delaware, though the Pioneers aren't there yet. Columbia-Fordham may become a inter-borough FCS rivalry, though Columbia-Wagner may be more appropriate.
    Will FCS football survive the mess created by the NIL saga?

---
    AGS Countdown Maven since 2019
    AGS Schedule Maven since 2022

I think it's safe to say that the Ivies are "p*ssying out".....sad....they are only going to be more irrelevant going forward.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sader87 View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the Ivies are "p*ssying out".....sad....they are only going to be more irrelevant going forward.
    Yes, that has been the case for a few years now. That's why I am studying my options for 2015 - whether to support two FCS teams that year or to fully support a scholly FCS team that is restarting that year (ETSU) or to become an "FCS generalist"...

---

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

So Penn is finally going to play Lehigh again? By the time it happens a decade plus will have passed....

AGS FCS Champion

I treasure our series with Harvard & Princeton and the return of Penn( Lord how I hate them). It is sad to witness the agonizing devolution of Ivy football into total irrelevance. The tragedy is not due to lack of talent or funding but simply to the institutional arrogance of Harvard and Yale abetted by the academics assumption that the Ivies ar relevant simply because the Ivies. Puzzling how a group of schools that pride themselvrs in striving to be the best as possible in academics and all other sports seek only stagnation and irrelevance in football

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    It is sad to witness the agonizing devolution of Ivy football into total irrelevance. The tragedy is not due to lack of talent or funding but simply to the institutional arrogance of Harvard and Yale abetted by the academics assumption that the Ivies ar relevant simply because the Ivies. Puzzling how a group of schools that pride themselvrs in striving to be the best as possible in academics and all other sports seek only stagnation and irrelevance in football
    Unfortunately, for me, that is unacceptable. That's why I am planning to switch loyalties to ETSU or to become an "FCS generalist" by 2015.

---

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

So much for those idle threats about pushing the PL schools off the schedule once they have scholarships.

Unless your school's colors are purple, though it's hard not to see some of those TBA's become Holy Cross (for example, Dartmouth).
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    I treasure our series with Harvard & Princeton and the return of Penn( Lord how I hate them). It is sad to witness the agonizing devolution of Ivy football into total irrelevance. The tragedy is not due to lack of talent or funding but simply to the institutional arrogance of Harvard and Yale abetted by the academics assumption that the Ivies ar relevant simply because the Ivies. Puzzling how a group of schools that pride themselvrs in striving to be the best as possible in academics and all other sports seek only stagnation and irrelevance in football
    I agree with you, and I'm a Dartmouth alum.

I remember the early 80s when Harvard played Army and W&M. URI makes zero sense. Georgetown is a cupcake. I may withhold poll votes for all Ivy teams as a result.
    Harvard 2023: Back in the saddle again! A bit crowded, though.