Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Re: North Dakota State vs Towson - National Championship

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    But Bizon fans need a guy like me, it can be lonely at the top
    Lonely? Who is lonely we have a whole herd on top.
    "I tip my hat to NDSU they were more physical then we were."- Tim Brewster

"I thought they(NDSU) took it to us in every way, shape and form, I'm just happy we won the football game."- Glenn Mason Gophers head coach

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral? 'When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."-Will Rogers

On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Looking forward to this game having played both teams in the past couple years. It could be a high scoring affair. Hopefully the Tigers QB is healthy enough to start and make an impact. If not, Bison will really focus on 8-9 in the box and force Towson to go to the air. My number one concern is whether Towson's D can withstand four quarters of pounding from the Bison line and tough backs. Jensen also a very good QB. While I will be rooting for the Tigers, gotta give the Bison the nod on the prediction front by about 10 pts.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Thanks for the correct pronunciation. For Towson fans we NDSU fans pronounce Bison similar to treason and poison.

How does your fan base travel? I am not trying to be a d*ck just trying to learn more about your program.

Dewey
    To be honest not all that great. Towson's still a commuter school, even though the number of students living on campus is growing. My guess is the crowd in Frisco may be 80/20 Bison fans. A lot of the student population omes from the Baltimore area, but also the Long Island/New York area as well, at least it was whenI was going there (though that was 20 years ago)

NDSU is just going to move the Dome crowd south...and it will be a big advantage.

Towson released some tickets last night and NDSU fans were there to purchase them.

I think 20% is optimistic.

FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by TUTigers View Post
    MplsBison is acting like you are playing a high school team on Jan 4th. You are the best team right now, but don't count your trophies til it's over. Are you favored? Sure. Give Towson a little respect though. LSU didnt even beat us by 35+
    Fixed it for you.

Like I said to the UNH fans last week, the fact that I think my team will win easily is not disrespect towards Towson, it's my opinion having watched this NDSU team steamroll everyone they've played since UNI. Do I think NDSU will win easily? Yes. Would I be surprised to see them win by 35+? I would be but I don't discount that's a possibility with the way NDSU is playing right now just like it's a possibility that Towson could pull the upset. I think Towson has had a fantastic year and regardless of the outcome in Frisco it should be celebrated by your fans because it's pretty spectacular, for your seniors especially, to have come from 1-10 in 2010 to the national title game in 2013. I just think your team is running into a juggernaut in the national title game.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; December 22nd, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the back to back to back Division 1 Football National Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

I think it will look a lot like the crowd in the dome for the last 3 games with just a little spot of fans from the opposing team
    "I tip my hat to NDSU they were more physical then we were."- Tim Brewster

"I thought they(NDSU) took it to us in every way, shape and form, I'm just happy we won the football game."- Glenn Mason Gophers head coach

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral? 'When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."-Will Rogers

FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    NDSU is just going to move the Dome crowd south...and it will be a big advantage.

Towson released some tickets last night and NDSU fans were there to purchase them.

Probably more like 10%

FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by GABison View Post
    Prof., I usually agree with you, but seriously? I marveled at how McKinnion is built like a linebacker, Bell not nearly close to that. I think the "tough as nails" award goes to Jaybo Shaw. Man, did he take a beating in the 2011 semi-final.

Just my opinion.
    You have a point. Bell is listed at 6'2" 195 at McKinnon is listed at 5'9" 205 so McKinnon is definitely more built and a smaller target in stature (and I do question whether Brian Bell at 195 is accurate) but I think McKinnon is the tougher of the two regardless.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the back to back to back Division 1 Football National Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
    Looking forward to this game having played both teams in the past couple years. It could be a high scoring affair. Hopefully the Tigers QB is healthy enough to start and make an impact. If not, Bison will really focus on 8-9 in the box and force Towson to go to the air. My number one concern is whether Towson's D can withstand four quarters of pounding from the Bison line and tough backs. Jensen also a very good QB. While I will be rooting for the Tigers, gotta give the Bison the nod on the prediction front by about 10 pts.
    I really don't see Towson scoring more than 10-13 points....maybe 17 unless NDSU has multiple turnovers. They remind me a lot of MVFC teams with a good running game and ability to pass. I'm thinking 31-10 or 38-17 NDSU seems about right at least on paper. The concern I have is each team has long scoring drives and both teams only have 7 or 8 possessions for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by UIWWildthing View Post
    To be honest not all that great. Towson's still a commuter school, even though the number of students living on campus is growing. My guess is the crowd in Frisco may be 80/20 Bison fans. A lot of the student population omes from the Baltimore area, but also the Long Island/New York area as well, at least it was whenI was going there (though that was 20 years ago)
    Not a chance Towson is 20% of the crowd. Lucky if it is 5%

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I can't wait for the playoffs when (insert SoCon team here) beats the hell out of NDSU. All 4 of the top SoCon teams would run your slack a$$ conference. - Apphole (11/5/2011)