Click The Banner To Read 150th Meeting Facts:

Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Re: North Dakota State vs Towson - National Championship

Quote Originally Posted by FCS_pwns_FBS View Post
    I might set off a poop storm with this, but I think there is one advantage that Towson has here...

Coaching.

Nothing against Bohl at all, but Ambrose has taken a team that moved into the CAA from the middle of the pack in the Patriot League and has made them the top CAA team for a few years running now. Towson has lost some unexpected games over the past few years, but he has them ready for the big games. I laughed last year at Ambrose's apparent confidence about having a decent chance against LSU, but they did very well and he arguably out-coached Les Miles.

When NDSU has come up against opponents that they can't overpower (see Georgia Southern last year) they win more by making fewer mistakes (of course the Noise-O-Dome was a big help) and executing.

Attachment 18707
    Ambrose is a great coach for sure. He did not look concerned at all during the EWU game. Looking forward to Frisco and the matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTigers View Post
    Bison fans are acting like you are playing a high school team on Jan 4th. You are the best team right now, but don't count your trophies til it's over. Are you favored? Sure. Give Towson a little respect though. LSU didnt even beat us by 35+
    Hope to see your first string QB on the field we want the best on the field. To be the best you have to beat the best. I think the Bison D is up to the task of taking on Towson's O it will be interesting to see how the Bison O matches up with Towson's D.
    "I tip my hat to NDSU they were more physical then we were."- Tim Brewster

"I thought they(NDSU) took it to us in every way, shape and form, I'm just happy we won the football game."- Glenn Mason Gophers head coach

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral? 'When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."-Will Rogers

Bison fans are acting like you are playing a high school team on Jan 4th. You are the best team right now, but don't count your trophies til it's over. Are you favored? Sure. Give Towson a little respect though. LSU didnt even beat us by 35+
    Rule #1: Don't think all Bison fans are acting like that when it's some Bison fans acting like that.
    Rule #2: Don't make "But LSU" into "But Bama".

So we can start the............................Butt LSU talk
    The Original Da Bison

Not to be confused with imposters

First Class FCS Advocate Milkman's Avatar

When reading anything from mplsbison please take it with one of these

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak 4 Ever View Post
    Towson is larger than NDSU. You can find that out on the Google machine.
    Many sources on the Internet will also tell folks that Towson is a town in MD and the university resides in that town, just outside Baltimore. And that it is Towson not Townson as some have written and I hear far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by UNH_Alum_In_CT View Post
    Many sources on the Internet will also tell folks that Towson is a town in MD and the university resides in that town, just outside Baltimore. And that it is Towson not Townson as some have written and I hear far too often.
    Good grief yes. It's pronounced "TAO-sun". No extra N, no Z
    Also Towson is a separate town from Baltimore, as it's also the county seat for Baltimore County. Baltimore City is an independent city within Maryland.

To answer the question about UMBC, Hopkins, Morgan and Coppin, none of those schools have made the effort to try to take the mantle of "Baltimore's school". Driving through Baltimore there are billboards throughout the city for Towson football and basketball and ordering tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by UIWWildthing View Post
    Good grief yes. It's pronounced "TAO-sun". No extra N, no Z
    Also Towson is a separate town from Baltimore, as it's also the county seat for Baltimore County. Baltimore City is an independent city within Maryland.

To answer the question about UMBC, Hopkins, Morgan and Coppin, none of those schools have made the effort to try to take the mantle of "Baltimore's school". Driving through Baltimore there are billboards throughout the city for Towson football and basketball and ordering tickets.
    Thanks for the correct pronunciation. For Towson fans we NDSU fans pronounce Bison similar to treason and poison.

How does your fan base travel? I am not trying to be a d*ck just trying to learn more about your program.

Dewey
    “I’ve coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome,” Jeff Monken said. “There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It’s unbelievable. It’s the best atmosphere in college football – at any level.”

FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Dobie View Post
    Bison Media Guide from the last time NDSU played Towson. It was a cold day and the crowd was sparse.
    We won that game because of an inadvertent whistle, according to my Dad. He states that they passed the ball for a TD to go up and the whistle blew, so the play was called back. We stopped them there after.
    Those who stay will be Champions

Once a Bison, Always a Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    No...your act is old....
    But Bizon fans need a guy like me, it can be lonely at the top