Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: North Dakota State vs Towson - National Championship

Re: North Dakota State vs Towson - National Championship

Like Ole said to Sven "If dat team from Maryland is going to beat da Bison they vill have to score a towson points!

My Team
    Eastern Washington

Lots of harping on EWU when they get to play at home next week. Still think they have a better chance than Townson to meet NDSU in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by tomq04 View Post
    Lots of harping on EWU when they get to play at home next week. Still think they have a better chance than Townson to meet NDSU in Frisco.
    That may be true against Townson but it will be a better game against Towson!

Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
    Towson has an excellent offense, but their defense concerns me as far as being able to be stout enough to win a NC. I think a match up with NDSU would be great. Wouldn't an "all CAA" final with UNH be a scream?!
    The way Towson has handled New Hampshire in recent years, we don't want a Towson-UNH championship game. That would be ugly.

Master FCS Advocate UNHknowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    The way Towson has handled New Hampshire in recent years, we don't want a Towson-UNH championship game. That would be ugly.
    I'm a serious UNH homer, and I'd have to agree with that statement. As slim as our chances are these next two weeks, I like our chances against NDSU more than I do against Towson. West is as good as they get. I'd go as far as to say that he's probably better than Williams at BC (Doak Walker winner), and West is only a junior. I remember watching West as a freshman against a very stout Richmond D and he made them look like a total sieve. But hey, UNH is true grit right now. Other than Bohl, Coach Mac has the most playoff experience of the remaining coaches too, that has to mean something.
    UNH IS a football school

Quote Originally Posted by UNHknowledge View Post
    I'm a serious UNH homer, and I'd have to agree with that statement. As slim as our chances are these next two weeks, I like our chances against NDSU more than I do against Towson. West is as good as they get. I'd go as far as to say that he's probably better than Williams at BC (Doak Walker winner), and West is only a junior. I remember watching West as a freshman against a very stout Richmond D and he made them look like a total sieve. But hey, UNH is true grit right now. Other than Bohl, Coach Mac has the most playoff experience of the remaining coaches too, that has to mean something.
    Playoff experience, but how do you explain that piss poor clock management on Friday? Horrendous! I figured that he would make a good Bison coach until I saw that

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    5x FCS Champions - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by UNHknowledge View Post

Some teams just don't match up well. Plus being a conference foe makes it even tougher because the teams know each other so well.

Towson is a very good team but I would say the Bison have a much better defense and a lot better passing game.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Just let N Dakota State go play the florida St Auburn winner and give SELA a merry Christmas call..... your back in it. N Dak state is far and above any of the FCS teams left

Now in multiple locations to serve you better

Quote Originally Posted by buffalobill View Post
    The Bison played Towson back in the D-2 days during playoffs in 1983 in Fargo and won 24-17. If they play and Towson can effectively run the football that might be a similar type score.
    Was it snowy that game? For some reason I thought it was but had a family deal and missed the game (had to listen on the radio.)
    "An out-of-context quote to support my world view." - Some Dead Guy

My Team
    William & Mary

I would love to see UNH beat NDSU but do not see it. Tribe beat UNH at home 17-0 for their only shutout since 1995 this year, see NDSU winning at home.

Got Towson and NDSU in the final of my pool also. Tribe lost to them 15-9 at home. West is the real deal as we "held" him to only 160 yards! The only weakness Towson has is no kicking game but with West has not been an issue. Their D bends but does not break. My prediction is 14-13 Towson.........