Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
Can't imagine this game to be in the 38-7 neighborhood........
First, despite the 38-7 score... I think most objective NDSU fans would say Furman did pretty well for playing only 4 seniors on our team. Our team is 57% freshman. Our front 7 on D (all 14 of em, the whole two- deep) return next year as we have no seniors there. Two seniors on D, Two on O total basically.

That said I post here bc Furman has played Both Coastal and NDSU ! We were a far worse team when we played coastal (2-4) and then we turned the Corner and won the SoCon (winning 6 straight FCS Games).

Point is, I can say without a doubt that your basic assessment should be Coastal will bring a superior offense into Fargo (better than Furman) but an inferior defense (esp far less run D than Furman had). Just look at our stats when we played vs coastal Carolina. We ran very well against them. Having seen NDSU I expect NDSU to run on coastal all game like they did to us in the second half. Coastal has to outscore you. The score with Montana is pretty spot on today.

We ran 45 times for 240 yds vs Coastal and we weren't playing nearly as well then... Over 5 ypc. Today vs NDSU we ran 35 times for 102 yds. Barely 3 ypc. The DL of NDSU is far better than the DL of coastal. But Furman was able to throw some today and coastal can be very very dangerous in the air. That's how they hung 35 on us

My guess? Having seen both teams ill say NDSU 37 , coastal 23. NDSU just needs to run and run and run and coastal will wear down. Keep it simple , keep their offense off the field