Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 SoCon schedules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You are not gonna forget me. GO CATS! catamount man's Avatar
    My Team
    Western Carolina

2014 SoCon schedules

With the conference adding VMI and Mercer for 2014 football, so far looks like the schedules will wind up the same as this year. Here is what I know, based on reliable bartenders and news clippings, Western Carolina will host, again, both Wofford and The Citadel in 2014 and go to Mercer. VMI will also come to Cullowhee Nov 15. I would assume to balance things out, the cats will go back to Chattanooga. Don't know where we will face Furman yet.

Home - VMI, Wofford, The Citadel
    Road - Mercer, (assume - UTC, Furman, Samford)

The Furman folks ain't happy about 2 in a row at EL CID. GO CATS!

Re: 2014 SoCon schedules

Quote Originally Posted by madhatterCAT View Post
    With the conference adding VMI and Mercer for 2014 football, so far looks like the schedules will wind up the same as this year. Here is what I know, based on reliable bartenders and news clippings, Western Carolina will host, again, both Wofford and The Citadel in 2014 and go to Mercer. VMI will also come to Cullowhee Nov 15. I would assume to balance things out, the cats will go back to Chattanooga. Don't know where we will face Furman yet.

Is there a list of the changes for the whole conference. Wofford is always secretive about our schedule, which is usually the last SoCon schedule to be released.

No offense, but if we had to double-up an away game, I would have preferred it to be Citadel - we play them better in Chucktown than we do at home (and the stadium is closer to my house)

It's my understanding Furman will play at the Citadel again and will also play at Mercer.

I don't particularly care about Furman playing twice at the Citadel. Charleston's nice and I enjoy seeing Furman win at Johnson Haygood.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

You are not gonna forget me. GO CATS! catamount man's Avatar
    My Team
    Western Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    It's my understanding Furman will play at the Citadel again and will also play at Mercer.

I don't particularly care about Furman playing twice at the Citadel. Charleston's nice and I enjoy seeing Furman win at Johnson Haygood.
    Furman will also play at VMI November 1.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Furman

Furman will also play at VMI November 1.
    So Furman plays…
    @Citadel
    @VMI
    @Mercer

that leaves…
    Wofford
    Samford
    Chatty
    Western

I can't see Furman agreeing with this without getting a game back.
    This seems very unfair that Citadel now gets Samford, Chatty, and Furman every other year from here on out.
    I can't see Furman going from playing a balanced league schedule 4/4 to 5/2 home and away.
    Some body is coming back to Paladin Stadium, or we're getting screwed.

That would give Furman in 2015… which I think will be a very good year for FU.
    Citadel at home
    VMI at home
    Mercer at home
    Samford at home
    Wofford at home
    road games @Western, Chatty, and ETSU

I want a home game again next season with Wofford, or Samford.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinNation View Post
    So Furman plays…
    @Citadel
    @VMI
    @Mercer

that leaves…
    Wofford
    Samford
    Chatty
    Western

I can't see Furman agreeing with this without getting a game back.
    This seems very unfair that Citadel now gets Samford, Chatty, and Furman every other year from here on out.
    I can't see Furman going from playing a balanced league schedule 4/4 to 5/2 home and away.
    Some body is coming back to Paladin Stadium, or we're getting screwed.

That would give Furman in 2015… which I think will be a very good year for FU.
    Citadel at home
    VMI at home
    Mercer at home
    Samford at home
    Wofford at home
    road games @Western, Chatty, and ETSU

I want a home game again next season with Wofford, or Samford.
    I don't think ETSU plays a conference schedule until 2016. Football restarts earlier, but they will not play on conference their first year.

I doubt Wofford would go to FU next year since we are already doubling away games with WCU. Samford would be more likely.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post

Jeebus Dude one would think that being a vermin person and from South Carolina you would know the history of your own State. This is General and Governor Johnson Hagood.

http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    Jeebus Dude one would think that being a vermin person and from South Carolina you would know the history of your own State. This is General and Governor Johnson Hagood.

I have ties to SC, but I am certainly not from there.

However, if that facial hair style ever came back en vogue, I'd be right on board.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

It's really hard to speculate at this point. I know Samford is probably not happy with having road games to all of the South Carolina teams in the same year. Would be a really tough sell if they continued to travel to those three schools and had to add on a road trip to Lexington or Johnson City.
    FU all the time.

My Team
    The Citadel

I'm happier about the prospect of getting two in a row against Sammy in Charleston. I'm not really as concerned about Furman.
    "I will derive mucho pleasure when we run the score up on the Bell Hops this year. Our boys will be eager for sweet revenge. I expect no less than 60 points. I'm thinking 3 TD's for Price alone." - Apphole

OLD CORPS