Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ SDSU: The Battle for the Dakota Marker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

NDSU @ SDSU: The Battle for the Dakota Marker

I think I've finally been able to mostly recover from yesterday so I'm ready to look forward to the first big MVFC game of the year this Saturday in Brookings.

NDSU has won the last 4 matchups so I'm sure there's no lack of motivations from the SDSU side. I'm skeptical that NDSU can continue to hold down Zenner as well as they did last year but it looks like Sumner is really struggling with turnovers and playing against an opportunistic secondary like NDSU has may be too much for the Jacks to overcome.

I still think Sumner is the X factor, he needs to be precise and make good decisions about where he goes with the ball (hint: he might not want to throw at #1 too much). If he has a good game SDSU will have a chance to win because Zenner will get the bulk of the attention from the NDSU defense and I think he'll get his. If Sumner continues to play inconsistently and turn it over NDSU wins easily.

Let's hear your thoughts on the game?
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: NDSU @ SDSU: The Battle for the Dakota Marker

I slept from 7p to 1130a.

Yesterday destroyed me.

Zenner will get some yards, but not nearly enough to beat NDSU.

Marcus will further pad his all time pick 6 record and Bohl will pad his win record.
    North Dakota State University Football
    National Champions: 1965 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 2011 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21
    MVFC champions: 2011 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19 '21

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

NDSU by 17+

Honestly, I am not worried about our offense. Now unless our D can figure out how to stop on third down plays... I question if our O will be able to score enough to win.

Honest opinion...
    Right now our O is top 5 in the FCS, when we are clicking, we seem to move the ball pretty much at will. (I know NDSU has a great D, so proof will be in the pudding so to speak.)

Right now our D, Mid-lower FCS. Two straight games of not getting off the field unless there is a turnover. It is weird because they seem to be able to get in third and mid to long situations, which should translate to a relatively easy stop... and then the other team goes for 10-15 yards on third down. This needs to get fixed and quick or SDSU could be in for a LONG conference season.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by LeeshaJo View Post
    Honestly, I am not worried about our offense. Now unless our D can figure out how to stop on third down plays... I question if our O will be able to score enough to win.

Honest opinion...
    Right now our O is top 5 in the FCS, when we are clicking, we seem to move the ball pretty much at will. (I know NDSU has a great D, so proof will be in the pudding so to speak.)

Right now our D, Mid-lower FCS. Two straight games of not getting off the field unless there is a turnover. It is weird because they seem to be able to get in third and mid to long situations, which should translate to a relatively easy stop... and then the other team goes for 10-15 yards on third down. This needs to get fixed and quick or SDSU could be in for a LONG conference season.
    I think your defense is better than you think but your offense isn't as good as you think. IMO, it's more a byproduct of the teams you've been playing that it's looked that way. UND has no defense and a very potent offense and Nebraska's D, despite being FBS, is also bad this year. I don't know much about SELA but looks like they have a pretty porous defense as well judging from the box scores.

NDSU will be a different game than any you've played so far this year. Perhaps the Jacks match up better in this type of game but the offense will have to play it's best game of the year collectively for SDSU to pull off a win.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeshaJo View Post

Honest opinion...

I agree with ya, the Jacks D doesn't seem to be as stout this year. Although I don't believe your O is top five, top fifteen not top five.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

IF SDSU can keep the ball with long drives to keep their defense fresh they have a shot. Don't think it will happen but that's the recipe for success.
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

I can't believe I am awake right now at work...slept 4 hours on Friday-Saturday night, 5 hours last night for 12 hour shift today.

On topic:

I don't think Sumner will be able to pull NDSU's D out of the box enough so that Zenner can run. Last year we were getting pressure with our front 4 pretty frequently while containing Zenner. Should be a fun game, I'm sitting on the 50.

NDSU by 10.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 '17 '18 & '19 National Champions

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

After watching some of SDSU this year, their defense is not as good as last year. But they are playing at home and it is NDSU, they always play the Bison tough.

ZZ will not run all over the Bison defense. He will probably get more than 40 yds, his game ave from last year, but not enough to keep our defense on the field. Plus, the Bison offense is better this year.

Bison win by 2 TDs.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    After watching some of SDSU this year, their defense is not as good as last year. But they are playing at home and it is NDSU, they always play the Bison tough.

ZZ will not run all over the Bison defense. He will probably get more than 40 yds, his game ave from last year, but not enough to keep our defense on the field. Plus, the Bison offense is better this year.

Bison win by 2 TDs.
    My Dad and I were more impressed with our WR core every snap that we've watched so far this year. It's crazy how last year it was like "WR core is low!!" Now it's like "Uhhh, how do we even play them all?!"

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 '17 '18 & '19 National Champions