A new spreadsheet for you to take a look at. Maybe it will help with your poll, maybe not. As with everything else that I put out, I advise not to put too much emphasis on any one source, especially early in the season. However, it is one more tool for your box, and the more tools you have, the better job you can do.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

This is a list of "Good Wins" and "Bad Losses" for teams. In the early going, it's going to have a lot of fluctuation and there isn't a whole lot I can do about that because the sample size just isn't large enough. A perfect example of this: Right now Fordham's win over Villanova is listed as a Good Win. Villanova was ranked and people expected them to do well. However, Villanova is now 0-2. If Villanova keeps losing, say they get to 1-4 or 2-5 or something of that sort, this is no longer a "Good Win" because that will mean Villanova was not as good as expected.

The reason this is helpful? Well, let's just say that in a few weeks Villanova is sitting at 2-5. Well, the How They Fared spreadsheet will still show that Fordham has a victory over a Top 25 team this season, which is correct, but will it really be a good win at that point? By comparing the How They Fared spreadsheet with the Good Win/Bad Loss sheet later in the season, you'll get a little clearer picture of which one of those Top 25 wins were early season ones that turned out to be duds (see example above if Villanova falters), or which teams aren't getting their due (that Eastern Kentucky win over Robert Morris looks a lot better in Week 10 if Robert Morris is 8-1 than it does today).

Some other "rules" of how I am doing this are a little more steadfast. Any win over an FBS school is a good win, even Georgia State (reluctantly) because they have more scholarships and are "expected" to win. Obviously I would take NDSU 100 times out of 100 against Georgia State, but the fact is that is a win against a higher level, so to be a little less arbitrary, they all count.

Any loss against a lower opponent (D2, D3, NAIA) is a bad loss. I don't care if you lose by 1 point and that team wins the D2 NC, it is staying on. It's a game that the FCS team should win. As with Georgia State and the FBS argument, there are a few D2 teams that I would take 100 times out of 100 against some FCS teams, but again, they all count, and in this case, they all count as negative.

Along that same vein, no win against a lower opponent (D2, D3, NAIA) counts as a good win. And again, I don't care if it is Campbell knocking off Mount Union, it's not going to count.

So again, in the early going, there will be changes weekly to the Good Wins and Bad Losses as teams show they aren't as bad this year as they have been or they aren't as good this year as expected. It's just meant as a helpful tool, not a definitive guide.