Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: FCS vs FBS Records

Quote Originally Posted by Vitojr130 View Post
    If by "we" you mean FCS in general, no we do not regularly beat them. The overall record is something like a 9:1 ratio. But, if you mean "we" as in NDSU, then yes, we have regularly beat them and I look forward to see the damage we can and will do in Manhattan.
    The "we" I was speaking about was NDSU.

NDSU needs to come quit toying around with those no talents up in the Big10 and join the SoCon in playing the SEC.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

Sioux-per Fan
    My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by justintyem View Post
    The whole FBS vs FCS debate is total B.S. I just dont think FBS teams should stop playing FCS teams. Play'em FBS,Play'em......... If you cant beat FCS regularly,Fire their FBS coach. Once in a blue moon,no problem. The FCS team,had their number on a bad day. But to stop playing the LiL Brother, which helps them(LiL Brother) monetary, is BUSH LEAGUE. I was a UW-Badger Fan First,born that way and went to a school in madison. And Im PISSED,that Barry would stop helping the LiL Brothers. Arggggggggggg,I now want NDSU GO BIG or Go Home FBS Style and Kick the Badgers and Barry Alvarez A$$E$ !!!!!! GREEN AND GOLD 4 LIFE
    Forget the Badgers...just kick Barry's ass!!
    UND (1-2) vs Stony Brook (1-2)
    0-0 BSC Record

Not all FBS conferences are scared to play FCS teams. Only the little ten conference!

I'm as big an NDSU fan as anyone, but I doubt any other BCS conference schools are scared of playing us. Yeah, we have beaten 6 piss poor FBS teams, but let's not get a big head over it! I can't wait to watch the NDSU/KState game this fall. Win or lose it's going to be a good one! GO BISON!!!

Sioux-per Fan
    My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    Not all FBS conferences are scared to play FCS teams. Only the little ten conference!

I'm as big an NDSU fan as anyone, but I doubt any other BCS conference schools are scared of playing us. Yeah, we have beaten 6 piss poor FBS teams, but let's not get a big head over it! I can't wait to watch the NDSU/KState game this fall. Win or lose it's going to be a good one! GO BISON!!!
    Maybe the Gophers are giving the Big 10 a bad name not only losing to NDSU twice, but losing to South Dakota. USD is not and has not ever been a football powerhouse in either division, and proves how bad Minnesota is/was. UND is 0-20 all time vs the Gophers and if UND were to squeeze out a win over the Goofs in 2017 or 2018 (talks were in progress to meet), then I think Barry Alverez would have a coronary.
    UND (1-2) vs Stony Brook (1-2)
    0-0 BSC Record

From 1988 until 1993 The Citadel went 6-1 over FCS teams: We beat Arkansas, Navy x2, Army x2, and South Carolina. Air Force beat us 10-7.

NDSU is the flavor of the year right now, but they have never embarrassed anyone like we embarrassed Arkansas (10-3) and USC (38-35), and it did not affect the FBS playing FCS landscape one bit.

I'd say suggesting a few wins over teams like Minnesota is the reason for the Big 10 dropping FCS games is leaning towards hubris.
    "I will derive mucho pleasure when we run the score up on the Bell Hops this year. Our boys will be eager for sweet revenge. I expect no less than 60 points. I'm thinking 3 TD's for Price alone." - Apphole

OLD CORPS

Quote Originally Posted by CID1990 View Post
    From 1988 until 1993 The Citadel went 6-1 over FCS teams: We beat Arkansas, Navy x2, Army x2, and South Carolina. Air Force beat us 10-7.

NDSU is the flavor of the year right now, but they have never embarrassed anyone like we embarrassed Arkansas (10-3) and USC (38-35), and it did not affect the FBS playing FCS landscape one bit.

I'd say suggesting a few wins over teams like Minnesota is the reason for the Big 10 dropping FCS games is leaning towards hubris.
    I disagree. Minnesota was embarrassed twice and Central Michigan, Ball State and Kansas were embarrassed too! I'm not saying that caused anything, just that those teams were embarrassed! I'm sorry but no matter how bad an FBS team is they still have more money and schollies then an FCS team and should be getting better talent and depth across the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    I disagree. Minnesota was embarrassed twice and Central Michigan, Ball State and Kansas were embarrassed too! I'm not saying that caused anything, just that those teams were embarrassed! I'm sorry but no matter how bad an FBS team is they still have more money and schollies then an FCS team and should be getting better talent and depth across the board!
    But you just listed schools that were never in serious contention to win a BCS level conference or make any noise on a national level. I believe that's what CID was referring to by embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    But you just listed schools that were never in serious contention to win a BCS level conference or make any noise on a national level. I believe that's what CID was referring to by embarrassed.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    OK.

Wait a second, Arkansas and South Carolina were in contention to make noise on a national level???