Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
I admire the optimism, but JSU is not financially strong enough to float this on its own and I question why the Legislature would ever hand over a share of the tax base (in credits or pass-throughs) to fund this. One need only look at the Ole Miss facilities campaign and how that has stalled out.

Basketball is a stretch for this project. The stadium would be too small to host a Final Four and while it could host regional games, JSU is not going to come close to filling it for basketball. The last three home games for JSU (against Texas Southern, PV, and Grambling) drew 401, 402, and 799 fans, respectively. Outside of a game against Mississippi Valley, the Tigers are averaging just 697 per game.

http://www.jsutigers.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205758479
Whatever dude.
You read the story and still don't see whats going on. There is more to this stadium than just JSU. But.............I'm not gonna waste my time explaining it to people that will throw salt even if JSU showed you a cashiers check for $300 million.

People like you said JSU didn't have the resources to pull off over $600 million in construction and improvements to campus, TRIPPLING THE SIZE OF JSU, before we started that back in 2002. Now people stand around with their jaws wide open wondering how "those people" pull this off and we still building.

And when did Ole Miss "stall out."
Those fools up there building new facilities every year. They about to start their 3rd expansion of their football stadium. Mississippi state is about to build a new Basketball arena on top of their expansion to their football stadium, plus a brand new Sports / medical facility, and a brand new indoor practice facility.

People are building everyday in this state but you know everything from the net out in Dallas.