Quote Originally Posted by GSUwinsagain View Post
As a GSU fan, I know what it's like to be on top, but to be the man, you gotta beat the man. The Bison whipped us pretty good the last 2 times, so we have no reason to question them. Fighting over rankings and strength of schedule at ths time is just plain dumb and embarrassing. I hope we can meet in TX, but we have a lot of football left to play first. Go Eagles, whip the Mountaineers !
Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
I will admit I'm getting tired of Bison fans either ripping on other teams or thinking we are the best team in the world. Every once in a while just shut up, everyone knows how good the Bison and especially the defense are.
These statements are so true. I don't see how we can even think that we should be the higher-ranked team until we beat NDSU. I also wish that some of our more exuberant fans would follow stevedock's advice. We have a good team. I think most, if not everyone here knows this. What we need to do is let the guys who actually play prove it. I love good-natured trash talk but I am not going down another school. Worrying about whether or not we are ranked #1 during the regular season is for fans who are not accustomed to being ranked #1. If we are truly the best team in the FCS, we will prove it in January.

First-things-first, we have to beat App. St, and that ain't going to be easy. We win, we win the SoCon's auto-bid and possibly a #2 seed, at worst, if we also beat Howard. If lose, then we lose the auto-bid and finish, at best, a 3-loss team.

GO EAGLES!