and this phenomena didn't just start in 2012. There are entirely TOO many glaring examples of how horrid it is, recent like. 2012, the SLC is 2-0 CONVINCINGLY vs 2 most recent SWAC "champions" in Prairie View A&M and texas southern universities (2009/2010 respectively). PVAMU losing to an upstart 3rd year SLC cellar dweller in Lamar Univ to the tune of 31-0 spoke volumes. The mere fact that SHSU entered texas southern's new home and rang up 50 pts and holding them to only 6 while SHSU played a smidget of 1st teamers here or there for 4 qrtrs spoke volumes again. If any witnessed the game last night, it was painfully obvious that ISOLATIONISM, NON-DIVERSITY in recruitment/staff, and LACK of TRUE INTELLIGENT planning from the top down are on display @ these respective institutions.

There is no other way to say this, and I certainly seek NO ONE's affirmation in cyber-land, other than folx I would consider intelligent, vs the latter I've had banter w/ over there --------> (open-enrollment type individuals)... Since the SWAC in total decided it wanted to purchase its own ball, create its own isolated fields for competition, and simultaneously w/draw itself from the integrated world by competing against schools that were deemed @ its level (former i-aa'ers), it has now become nothing short of a 5.5A HS laughing stock (the texas based FCS schools) in talent/presentation.

There are those ppl -----> of color (supporters of "HBCU" football, whatever in the hell that is) who REFUSE to 'ack' this issue and are very, very prone to desire to shoot the messenger (me, because I'm black, I guess ) when the vocal messenger REPEATS word-for-word almost VERBATIM the EXACT same words any FCS saavy individuals would state: SWAC football is putridly pitiful/horrible from the coaching down to the student-athletes down to the fans of "black college football." I've NEVER EVER been a fan of "black college football." I'd transitioned to being a fan of former I-A football to I-AA football now FCS football. If Prairie View A&M University, the program, doesn't desire to be a participant of the Division-I FCS level of football and continues to trend towards "black college football," this is one former supporter who will take his talents, $$$, and support elsewhere.

Ciao.