Quote Originally Posted by Go...gate View Post
I have a sad feeling that the days of numerous PL-Ivy games may be a thing of the past, though Penn seems willing to play LC and LU along with CAA teams. Would love to see Harvard and Colgate play but David Roach, our now-former AD advised that Harvard, Brown, Penn and Columbia would not even take "1 for 2" scheduling.
You would think so, but Lafayette has four OOC Ivy games next year -- Penn, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and three for 2014, and I don't recall 2015. Penn has not played Lehigh for awhile, but we are a rival of theirs... most played outside of the Ivy and approaching 90 games and was a fierce rivalry from like 1883 to the 1920s. Penn only can schedule three OOCs... which are usually us, Villanova, Bucknell. W&M has made an appearance on the schedule, and so has Fordham.

That's bizarre why those other teams will not play you... we have a weird 2-2 deal with Harvard, but it always seems we are playing at their place. I like the concept of playing them because it's a) Harvard and b) they are a good team... but c) the game always seems to be in the middle of the season and following a game where we suffered an emotional breakdown, and subsequently embarrass ourselves.