Quote Originally Posted by slostang View Post
First, the number of starters is questionable. Not counted in returning starters is OT Giovani Sani that has 16 starts in the last three years, RB Williams 4 starts in 2011 and former Big Sky Newcomer of e Year, WR Willie Tucker who played more snaps than last years starters on offense. On defense Cal Poly has two transfers from Wisconsin, one from UCLA and three JC transfers who should all see a lot of playing time. They also return senior QB Andre Broadous who can turn a busted play into a 50 yard TD. Lastly Cal Poly does not play Montana, Montana State or Eastern Washington in Conference.
For me, I'm trying not to put as much emphasis on the schedule as I did in the past because of the unbalanced nature of the schedule. Cal Poly comes in with an experienced quarterback, something that is necessary in the conference, and also a coach who has had success in the Big Sky before. Granted they have as many questions surrounding them as pretty much anyone else in the conference, but based on that, I can start them at #3 without the favorable conference schedule and see how it plays out.