Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11 MORE DAYS TIL MONMOUTH SHOCKS LEHIGH!!

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Re: 11 MORE DAYS TIL MONMOUTH SHOCKS LEHIGH!!

Lehigh Video preview of the game...

http://www.lehighsports.com/videos/m...-monmouth.aspx

Highlights from last year..

Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by NFLCB2 View Post
    Last year Lehigh beat us easily.. They are a good program and also a bad matchup.. You must know something that I don't know!
    Yeah I do-- lehigh loses their stud QB, all of their LB's and a good complimentray WR and a few other players.. Meanwhile, we return 19 starters plus our kicker. Lehigh was game 1 last yr. We got a bit better as the season went on and Sterling, Hayes and George are all flat out studs. Frazier is back and healthy and so is almost our whole offensive line. We have the most depth of any team I have ever seen at RB and 3 solid WR's all with serious size combined with speed. Our TE is a fringe NFL prospect. Our defense will be much better with all our LB's coming back and now Pollard at DB to help the others. We lose Jose and Ian, but gain experience with 9 starters back and depth on the D- Line. Lehigh is a great program and I root for them the whole year except here. Spadola is an NFL player and they have good players. But remember this game was 21-10 in the 3rd Qtr last yr and we had a bad game and bad yr. Lehigh was a top 10 team and probably better. At BEST they will probably be about as good as las year. but more likely about 75% as good. MU will no doubt be much better. And we beat Nova, CCSU, Bryant, all on road. We has a lof of good spots.. 19 returning starters.. We will def not be out sized. We have speed and depth. I think you are making a mistake thinking Lehigh is like Delaware or Montana. They can be beat.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team

Quote Originally Posted by MUHAWKS View Post
    Yeah I do-- lehigh loses their stud QB, all of their LB's and a good complimentray WR and a few other players.. Meanwhile, we return 19 starters plus our kicker. Lehigh was game 1 last yr. We got a bit better as the season went on and Sterling, Hayes and George are all flat out studs. Frazier is back and healthy and so is almost our whole offensive line. We have the most depth of any team I have ever seen at RB and 3 solid WR's all with serious size combined with speed. Our TE is a fringe NFL prospect. Our defense will be much better with all our LB's coming back and now Pollard at DB to help the others. We lose Jose and Ian, but gain experience with 9 starters back and depth on the D- Line. Lehigh is a great program and I root for them the whole year except here. Spadola is an NFL player and they have good players. But remember this game was 21-10 in the 3rd Qtr last yr and we had a bad game and bad yr. Lehigh was a top 10 team and probably better. At BEST they will probably be about as good as las year. but more likely about 75% as good. MU will no doubt be much better. And we beat Nova, CCSU, Bryant, all on road. We has a lof of good spots.. 19 returning starters.. We will def not be out sized. We have speed and depth. I think you are making a mistake thinking Lehigh is like Delaware or Montana. They can be beat.
    You guys are experienced but unless there was a was a major increase in team speed and depth you guys will be in major trouble come Saturday. You were convinced last year that you were going to win after Lehigh lost their OL and defensive secondary and you saw how that turned out.

That sounds like what you wrote last year

Good point about opening game so not looking past, but I think lehigh truly thinks they are on a different level. Spadola is on facebook talking a bit of trash which is all good man, I actually like it, but beleive me when I tell you this, MU has some guys on D that can bring it. They have a legit cover corner and Gumbs is the hardest hitter and best safety in the league. IMO< the best polayer on the field tomorrow. They ahve some studs at D line and from what I am told Lehigh weakness will be their I line.. I am a homer, but I am usually honest about them and I truly feel this is a team that can so damage. There are a alot of "athletes" on this team.. We shall see., I have nothing but respect for Lehigh so I am only having fun here, but I really feel like we are gonna win this game and I DID see Lehigh play 2 x last yr... We shall see. Best to you..
    Perfect, so the sentiment here is what I thought..MU with no shot...LOVE IT!! Anyway, Gumbs is a safety not a CB but he can cover anyway, but just saying.. MU WR corps will shock everyone as will their D Line.. Its gonna come down to the 4th Q...Unless Lehigh truly has 1 or 2 guys who MU cant match up with (doubt it) no way Lehigh can put them away, I am telling you all, MU D is solid and Gymbs and Phillips and The other CB are STRONG, nullyfyiing Lehigh strong passing game.. Upfront MU has a big advantage against lehigh O line. No sense talking , I am not even trying to be a clown, we will see soon enough.. Just wishing good health and safe travels for all fans, players, families involved as always..Looking forward to a HUGE turnput as I know Lehigh travels strong..
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    You guys are experienced but unless there was a was a major increase in team speed and depth you guys will be in major trouble come Saturday. You were convinced last year that you were going to win after Lehigh lost their OL and defensive secondary and you saw how that turned out.

That sounds like what you wrote last year
    Yeah, looks like I was wrong last yr.. Again, Lehigh was 1 BS play away from an undefeated yr and who knows what would have happened had Ryan played in the playoff loss.. All I am saying is MU will be much better. I do not see Lehigh being "better". Hell, of course I could be wrong on both, but with 19 starters coming back and a few of them being nationally recognized types, one would think we will be improved. Hey we will see soon enough. Maybe I was just a yr early in my feeling about this team.. Frazier is probably better than Colvin and our O line is also prob better. Spadola is all world but not sure anyone can mark up with # 17 for us.. Should be a great game.. Sports network calls it 24-21 lehigh which means they think it is a 1 play game so I am not sure how crazy I sound by thinking this is a good game with an MU win..But it aint life or death..It is college football and as seriously as I take this, I am here not to be a punk but for fun.. I like and respect the Lehigh program and will root for them the whole way sans 9/1/12.. Cannot wait to get to Goodman..coming up friday to take it all in..

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Frazier is probably better than Colvin and our O line is also prob better....
    We'll see about that this Saturday.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

First Class FCS Ruler bobcathpdevil56's Avatar
    My Team
    Montana State

Lehigh TU OWL are you gonna go to the game Tomorrow? Gonna be a great time

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team

Quote Originally Posted by bobcathpdevil56 View Post
    Lehigh TU OWL are you gonna go to the game Tomorrow? Gonna be a great time
    I have work until 7 so i'm going to miss it. I'm definitely attending the UND game at the end of October. I'd like to go to the EWU game too. Unfortunately, it might be tough getting two saturday's off in row if our course is still open.

We will see Saturday!
    Play the rules, Don't let the rules Play you. When a system repeatedly fails. Do we go to the core of the drills we teach and practice? When it costs crucial touchdowns or first downs?

First Class FCS Ruler bobcathpdevil56's Avatar
    My Team
    Montana State

No worries, i have a junior high jamboree on friday and probably shouldnt miss the last practice before it. Oh well, i guess missing the first night game isn't as important as junior high football

We will need to meet up in Bozo and grab a beer when we both make it to a game

I think you are making a mistake thinking Lehigh is like Delaware or Montana. They can be beat.
    Delaware or Montana? Both of those teams can be beat. 9 times out of 10 they will win They might not be on their level but they are VERY close.
    Play the rules, Don't let the rules Play you. When a system repeatedly fails. Do we go to the core of the drills we teach and practice? When it costs crucial touchdowns or first downs?