I know the topic has been beaten to death but I saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was interesting enough to share. Jacksonville State head coach Jack Crowe was interviewed yesterday at the OVC Media Day and had the following to say about JSU's FBS intentions:

http://www.examiner.com/article/coll...id=db_articles

Will Aubrey: Three or four years ago you told me that you were considering moving to the Football Bowl Subdivision. Is that something you are still considering?

Jack Crowe: The board has made the statement that we are going to investigate that. But we haven't run our program differently because of that statement. It looks like there will be five or six FCS schools that are going to be pulled into the bottom of the WAC. And we'd like to have a discussion to see if we're one of them.

There could be six, seven, or eight of us. But none of those discussions are going on. Letters have been exchanged. There's some reality to it. But is it going to go anywhere? I don't know.

Obviously nothing has been decided at this point but if nothing else, it seems that the idea is not completely dead like many people (myself included) thought. This still seems like a bit of a long shot to me but several schools appear to be keeping their options open.

Thoughts?