I cant for the life of me see why there are the majority of Montana fans up in arms about Engstrom, Florio, Missoula police etc.

Many many altercations occurred at UM BEFORE Engstrom got hired so why are people looking his way?

Many many stories happened about the crime spree the football team was on before Gwen Florio got her job there.

The Missoula police have been around as long as the university and there has been a lot more turnover in the employee pool than at UM.

I am not saying that certain situations were handled correctly or incorrectly but the above 3 points are not who the majority of the blame should be directed. Lets face it, there have been problems with the football team under every coach in every decade since the schools inception.

The difference is how these incidents were handled, like it or not the crime spree escalated under Hauck and O'Day to the point of national embarrassment and ramped up from there to the current state right now. You cannot tell me that if ODay had done his job and chopped the head off the monster 6-8 years ago that we would be in the position we are now. The student athletes will take things as far as they know they can get away with and ODay gave them too much rope.

The brunt of the blame doesnt lie on Engstrom, Florio or the Missoula police department it lies on the person that got themselves into the situation to begin with.

Its called personable accountability.

JJ right or wrong put himself in the position to be accused/or actually rape somebody. I like JJ hes the best QB we have had at UM since DD but he is not above the program.

Tru Johnson had repeated brushes with trouble and should have been kicked off the team when the second curb stomping happened then he wouldnt have been around to get tased. Once again he showed over and over that his bad decision making wasnt an accident or a one time thing.

Kemp has put himself in bad situations a few times and from everything I hear he is supposed to be a good person but I am neutral on that right now.

The list goes on and on:

Maus
Stuberg
Ginn
Wilson
Quinn
Von Appen
Montelius
Coleman
Bruno
Shelton
Donaldson
Pate
Montana
Etc

Sure some of them are not that big of a deal like the DUIs but its still negative press. It would be different if the team hadnt had an altercation for 2-3 years and then Nate Montana got his DUI. If that had been the case for the last 6-10 years you can write it off as "kids being kids" but its more than that and deep down people know that.

That is why many fans offer up a laundry list of excuses instead of placing the blame where it squarely belongs.......on the people putting themselves in these situations.

Posters like PlayaRape go to great extent spinning and making excuses for these players and it makes the real world nauseous. There is a difference in a program not having a problem for a year or 2 and then having a house party get a little out of hand. (Kemp/Johnson) If this had happened after a 3-5 year dry spell of the football team being angels then maybe I would question the cops getting out of hand at a simple house party.

Now I just want the cops to do anything they can to stop this crap from happening and I really dont care whos feelings get hurt doing it.

Now I just want them to totally clean house, Foley, Mayes, Gee, the people in the offices that help any of the listed, get them all out and start over because right now something stinks at UM and it needs an enema to clean it out.

Another thing that is sickening is the crowd that says "Dont let a few bad apples spoil the whole pie". Well guess what, at last calculation there was 7% of the team that has had some sort of problem. They are not all perfect and pristine and its more than 1 or 2 people doing bad things in our program. Its also a little hard to blame them because of the culture put in place by ODay and Hauck, the "kids" were just playing by the rules set up in the program.

Kudos to the majority of the Griz players that do somehow manage to stay out of trouble, go to school and get a degree, those players are the last link to why many are still fans, because there isnt much else to be a football fan about at the University of Montana anymore.

Does it suck that JJ is probably expelled because of an accusation? Yes, but he still put himself in that position. Engstrom didnt do it, Florio didnt do it....HE DID.

Right now in Griz Nation if you are making excuses or directing the blame towards anyone other than the people involved.....right or wrong........YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!