Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UND vs NDSU in 2013??

My Team
    North Dakota

UND vs NDSU in 2013??

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/201.../just-a-theory

Now things really got complicated once UND was accepted into the Big Sky, meaning UND and Montana became conference rivals. Montana now is scheduled to play in Grand Forks in 2012, 2013 and 2014. The ’12 and ’14 games are conference games, the 2013 is non-conference. I cannot see Montana coming to Grand Forks three straight years. While it would be great for FCS fans in the state to watch a perennial powerhouse like Montana, to get the Grizz to travel anywhere is a feat, and if they don’t have to, I don’t believe they will.
    Has Montana ever played a the same team on the road in 3 straight years? IMO I don't see Montana buying out this game. If UND beats Montana this season why wouldn't Montana want to try to beat them in 2013? And if Montana wins this year I would think Montana would want to keep the game since you do need 7 DI wins and scheduling is becoming harder and harder.
    UND (3-5) at E.Washington (7-2)
    1-3 BSC Record

Darell wants the precioussssssssss!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: UND vs NDSU in 2013??

I informally heard buyout is over 200k. For um to buy it out and pay for a swac ovc or meac it would probably be approaching 500k. I doubt they buy it out also......

Quote Originally Posted by darell1976 View Post
    http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/201.../just-a-theory

Has Montana ever played a the same team on the road in 3 straight years? IMO I don't see Montana buying out this game. If UND beats Montana this season why wouldn't Montana want to try to beat them in 2013? And if Montana wins this year I would think Montana would want to keep the game since you do need 7 DI wins and scheduling is becoming harder and harder.
    North Dakota State University Football
    National Champions: 1965 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 2011 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21
    MVFC champions: 2011 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19 '21

hey 26, how's it going. slow news day at wday apparently. weather is rainy today, should be nice saturday though.

My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    I informally heard buyout is over 200k. For um to buy it out and pay for a swac ovc or meac it would probably be approaching 500k. I doubt they buy it out also......
    And look at the scheduling problems NDSU and UNI had with $$$, I don't think UNI has filled its 2012 schedule yet. I think Izzo has wishful thinking in the article. He should have wrote this article if Montana did buy the game out not a year before when there is no proof they will.
    1-3 BSC Record

And look at the scheduling problems NDSU and UNI had with $$$, I don't think UNI has filled its 2012 schedule yet. I think Izzo has wishful thinking in the article. He should have wrote this article if Montana did buy the game out not a year before when there is no proof they will.
    Not to nit pick but it is a blog and a theory versus an article. Personally, I wish he wouldn't have blogged it because it is all just speculation at this point. I do find it odd that the Montana/UND game is nonconference game. I realize it was a home and home but it still seems odd.

My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bison View Post
    Not to nit pick but it is a blog and a theory versus an article. Personally, I wish he wouldn't have blogged it because it is all just speculation at this point. I do find it odd that the Montana/UND game is nonconference game. I realize it was a home and home but it still seems odd.
    On gobison.com they list South Dakota as a non-conference game. They did a home and home series. 2013 and 2014 has USD @ NDSU. So its not going to be too odd when you try to get OOC games within your conference. It will be a long time I think when you see this again(UM @ UND 3 years in a row) if ever.
    1-3 BSC Record

AGS FCS Champion

Dom knows what gets a buzz going in his readership and this is nothing more than a play for some hits on his blog and to rattle the cages of some of the fans who take this topic way too seriously. They'll play again but it's very very unlikely to be in 2013 with the scenario that he cooked up.

I have a gut feeling that NDSU and UND match up in the playoffs before an agreement is actually hashed out between the schools for a regular season matchup. You know that if the two would both be in the playoffs that the NCAA would match them up against each other unless they're both seeded due to the proximity of the two schools and the ticket interest they know it will generate.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Dom knows what gets a buzz going in his readership and this is nothing more than a play for some hits on his blog and to rattle the cages of some of the fans who take this topic way too seriously. They'll play again but it's very very unlikely to be in 2013 with the scenario that he cooked up.

I have a gut feeling that NDSU and UND match up in the playoffs before an agreement is actually hashed out between the schools for a regular season matchup.
    I hope they meet in 2012.
    1-3 BSC Record

On gobison.com they list South Dakota as a non-conference game. They did a home and home series. 2013 and 2014 has USD @ NDSU. So its not going to be too odd when you try to get OOC games within your conference. It will be a long time I think when you see this again(UM @ UND 3 years in a row) if ever.
    Hmm. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but I show conference games marked by a * for the 2012 and 2013 games against USD. They don't show it as a conference game in 2014 though. Maybe that is what you meant?

My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bison View Post
    Hmm. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but I show conference games marked by a * for the 2012 and 2013 games against USD. They don't show it as a conference game in 2014 though. Maybe that is what you meant?
    Exactly MVFC game in 2012, 2013, but OOC in 2014.
    1-3 BSC Record