This is an honest question here, no smack intended. I did some research on Chuck South, and I found that they used to be called Baptist College. They are located in the FAR northern fringes of the Charleston, SC metro area, and they play in 1) What, according to AGS consensus, is the worst FCS football stadium, and 2) the smallest basketball arena in Division I (881 seats).

I saw that their enrollment is about 3,300, which is not too bad for a private school, but keep in mind a VAST majority of private schools in the US with that kind of enrollment are D3. Athletic budget was 8.2 million dollars in 2010-11, which was kind of surprising. But I heard from a couple articles that absolutely NO ONE in the Charleston area cares about CSU athletics, or even knows they exist. But this is just what I've read. Average attendances last calendar year (2011) of 2,969 for football and 821 for mens basketball.

Wouldn't Chuck South be better suited in something like the Gulf South Conference of Division 2?? Again, I'm just asking an open question.