PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League 2011 - The Final Week

bonarae
November 12th, 2011, 06:23 PM
While the title race is over with Harvard winning it, there's still a week of football left.

The Game - Harvard at Yale
Brown at Columbia
Cornell at Penn
Princeton at Dartmouth

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Harvard 34, Yale 21 --- until Harvard routed Penn so thoroughly today, I thought that Yale might have the mojo
Dartmouth 28, Princeton 19 --- watch the Green next year. If they had beaten Penn this year...
Brown 41, Columbia 20 --- the Bears will be kicking themselves for letting that Dartmouth game get away
Cornell 36, Penn 35 ---- why not? Upset special.

Cleets
November 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I agree all the way around except I'll take Penn (they win by 17 next week) against Cornell

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I agree all the way around except I'll take Penn (they win by 17 next week) against Cornell

We can always dream, can't we?:D

Cleets
November 12th, 2011, 09:28 PM
While we're dreaming it would be nice if Harvard put it all together for next week... A complete game from both sides of the ball

bulldog10jw
November 12th, 2011, 09:42 PM
While we're dreaming it would be nice if Harvard put it all together for next week... A complete game from both sides of the ball

It would suck!

Harvard Worship
November 13th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Harvard beats Yale
Brown beats Columbia
Penn beats Cornell
Dartmouth beats Princeton

LehighU11
November 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Brown at Columbia

I sure hope so! It's rough seeing another likely 0-10 season. The only thing Columbia's been conquering is Manhattanville. ROAR, LION, ROAR!

LehighU11
November 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM
And to think that Columbia beat Towson and Lafayette last year...

RichH2
November 16th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Love to see Baby Blues get a win.Heck, I'd like to see them have a winning season.Also would like to be 3 inches taller and 20 yrs younger both of which are more likely than Columbia having a winning season. Alas and Alack

LehighU11
November 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Love to see Baby Blues get a win.Heck, I'd like to see them have a winning season.Also would like to be 3 inches taller and 20 yrs younger both of which are more likely than Columbia having a winning season. Alas and Alack

They did have a 5-5 season back in 2006. Last winning season was in 1996 when Columbia went 8-2. There's a reason my brother has been to Lehigh-Lafayette and 3 other Lehigh home games, yet never been to a Columbia game in his 3 years there. The program is awful and no student wants to take a train all the way uptown to see a sure loss.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Harvard beats Yale
Brown beats Columbia
Penn beats off
Dartmouth beats Princeton

FIFY!:D

Did I say that I hate Penn?

Green26
November 16th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Harvard 34, Yale 21 --- until Harvard routed Penn so thoroughly today, I thought that Yale might have the mojo
Dartmouth 28, Princeton 19 --- watch the Green next year. If they had beaten Penn this year...
Brown 41, Columbia 20 --- the Bears will be kicking themselves for letting that Dartmouth game get away
Cornell 36, Penn 35 ---- why not? Upset special.

Yes, if Dartmouth had only beaten Penn. Giving up the lead on that last long drive with 3 minutes to go was a killer. Also, in that game, Dartmouth lost its captain and playmaker Timmy McManus. A concussion that has lingered. While no one player makes a team, he had consistently been the guy who found a way to make the unbelievable catch or play (from qb/wild cat) to win the game or start the comeback. This loss hurt Dartmouth considerably. He is a three-year captain, one of the few ever at Dartmouth and the first one since the start of the 20th century. His frosh brother has been getting some playing time, and there's a little brother still in high school. Great kids and family. Losing Schweiger next year will be a huge loss. At least Dartmouth now has a president and AD who are committed to bringing back football, as well as improving other sports. The president is on the sidelines at all home games. That's where an Ivy president belongs, right? He was a high school qb in Iowa.

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
NOTHING goes by quicker than the Ivy League football season

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM
This Week's Lines:

"The Game" - Harvard (-14½) at Yale o/u 63½

"The Rivalry" - Lehigh (-23½) vs Lafayette o/u 52

Brown (-20½) at Columbia o/u 43

Penn (-6½) vs Cornell o/u 47

Bucknell (-6½) at Colgate o/u 47

Holy Cross (-14½) at Fordham o/u 37½

Dartmouth (-18½) vs Princeton o/u 45½

Other Games of Interest:

Maine (pk) at New Hampshire o/u 64

William & Mary (-1½) at Richmond o/u 36½

Towson (-11) at Rhode Island o/u 61½

James Madison (-3) at UMass o/u 41

Delaware (-8½) at Villanova o/u 42½

bulldog10jw
November 18th, 2011, 08:29 AM
This Week's Lines:

Other Games of Interest:

I would take Lafayette and the points; not quite sure about Yale, though. Harvard could win by 10 if Yale can move the ball, but could also win by 24 if they shut Yale down on O. xconfusedx

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
This Week's Lines:

Other Games of Interest:

The Harvard spread seems about right, although I'm tempted to take the under. Surprised that the Penn-Cornell spread is so close but, hey, I'm picking the Big Red straight up!

bonarae
November 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Season's over! Another wild weekend.

Harvard 45, Yale 7 xthumbsupx
Columbia 35, Brown 28 - never expected it xconfusedx
Cornell 48, Penn 38 - same with Columbia/Brown
Dartmouth 24, Princeton 17

bulldog10jw
November 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM

Harvard 45, Yale 7 :(xsmhxxbawlingx
Dartmouth 24, Princeton 17

FIFY

Wildcat80
November 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Wow! Congrats Columbia and Cornell! Is Williams on the way out at Yale?

Harvard Worship
November 20th, 2011, 01:57 AM

I agree -- very surprising. I wonder if this indicates we'll see good Ivy parity next year. Sad that we already have another year to wait for Ivy football.

Green26
November 20th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Yes, congrats to Columbia and Cornell. I believe that resulted in Dartmouth tying for 2nd in the conference with a bunch of teams.

Thanks to the posters who provided the good and prompt predictions and results this season (and past seasons). It was much appreciated out here in Montana. Feel free to jump on the Griz bandwagon. With the way the team played as the season went on, and especially yesterday, the Griz may be going somewhere this year.

Bogus Megapardus
November 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm really pleased with the Columbia win. Does Norries Wilson keep his job at Columbia?

hawkineer
November 20th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Harvard 45, Yale 7 xthumbsupx

It is a real shame that Harvard isn't allowed to participate in the FCS playoffs. They could make some noise.

Congratulations on a great year!xsmileyclapx

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
It is a real shame that Harvard isn't allowed to participate in the FCS playoffs. They could make some noise.

Congratulations on a great year!xsmileyclapx
Thanks, hawkineer, and good luck in the playoffs!xthumbsupx With Harvard's luck, the year that the Ivy presidents finally get off their azzes and approve FB playoffs, Columbia will get the auto bid!xlolx