vs. CAA 0-5
vs. FBS Independents 0-1
vs. Ivy 9-7
vs. MEAC 1-0
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. NEC 5-0
vs. PFL 3-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)
(These are not the “official” standings because Fordham is included.)

Lehigh 5-0, 9-1
Georgetown 4-2, 8-3
Bucknell 3-2, 6-4
Holy Cross 3-2, 5-5
Lafayette 2-3, 4-6
Colgate 1-4, 4-6
Fordham* 0-5, 1-9

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

Engineer86
November 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Really only one game in question, I'll go with Bucknell. I will also take Lehigh in the money raising competition. Let's hope for good weather for the tail gate and Lehigh rapping things up.

ngineer
November 12th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Even without Barket, I think Lehigh's offense should move pretty well. Fitz is a strong, hard running back. Doesn't have the moves Barket has, but is actually faster. Sherman provides decent back up. Lafayette will certainly be psyched as all players are for this game. The one edge they lost on Saturday was that if they had beaten Holy Cross, they could have been playing for winning season. With long term weather forecast to be similar as today, I go with Lehigh, 31-17.

Bucknell can finish on a real high with a win over the Raiders as part of the second best turn around story of the year. Colgate may be feeling sorry for itself at this point. I think the Bison might pull this off, 24-21.

Holy Cross will shred Fordham. This could be real ugly. 44-14.

Georgetown--great season!

CFBfan
November 13th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Even without Barket, I think Lehigh's offense should move pretty well. Fitz is a strong, hard running back. Doesn't have the moves Barket has, but is actually faster. Sherman provides decent back up. Lafayette will certainly be psyched as all players are for this game. The one edge they lost on Saturday was that if they had beaten Holy Cross, they could have been playing for winning season. With long term weather forecast to be similar as today, I go with Lehigh, 31-17.

Bucknell can finish on a real high with a win over the Raiders as part of the second best turn around story of the year. Colgate may be feeling sorry for itself at this point. I think the Bison might pull this off, 24-21.

Holy Cross will shred Fordham. This could be real ugly. 44-14.

Georgetown--great season!

I was at all of GU's games this year and Lehigh was by FAR the best team they played all year by FAR! LU should make some noise in the playoffs

Engineer86
November 13th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Lehigh 9-1, Lafayette 4-5. What was the stat about wins by one of the teams that had 5 or more less wins than the favorite? I think it was something like 3 wins? 3 out of 146, if those numbers are correct, I like the odds.

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Lehigh
Colgate
Holy Cross

carney2
November 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH – The ChickenSquawks could have 600 yds. in total offense and should win by 3 TDs. I'm picking Lafayette.*

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE – Two teams headed in opposite directions, but a tough pick nonetheless. Pretty much a coin flip.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM – Nolo contendere.

*As posted other times and other places, all of that “you can throw the records out the window for this one” crap is just that – crap. The favorite usually wins. As Pard4Life has said, and will undoubtedly say again, in games with a 5 win differential such as this one, the underdog has only won 4 times.

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2011, 09:05 AM
A show of hands, please, for those who predicted Georgetown to go 8-3 while scholarship Fordham stares at a possible 1-10 finish, with its lone win a three point decision over winless Columbia.

(Didn't think so...)

ngineer
November 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
A show of hands, please, for those who predicted Georgetown to go 8-3 while scholarship Fordham stares at a possible 1-10 finish, with its lone win a three point decision over winless Columbia.

(Didn't think so...)

No question a stellar year. Now, the question will be can the Hoyas sustain the momentum. The defense has always been the Hoyas strongest point. They really need to address the O side of the ball.

CFBfan
November 13th, 2011, 10:15 AM
No question a stellar year. Now, the question will be can the Hoyas sustain the momentum. The defense has always been the Hoyas strongest point. They really need to address the O side of the ball.

the GU O line was exposed yesterday by the LU D line.....they had their way with them, couldn't run the ball and couldn't pass protect BUT it looks like they return most if not all and a season od experience should help

RichH2
November 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Grate season for Hoyas. Yup their OL very large but quite immobile.
Finally here,
Lehigh
Bison
Cross

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I was at all of GU's games this year and Lehigh was by FAR the best team they played all year by FAR! LU should make some noise in the playoffs

Um, that's really not saying much. Check your schedule.

carney2
November 13th, 2011, 10:58 AM

They recruited very well for O-linemen this year. This "deficiency" should be corrected in the near future.

CFBfan
November 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM

understood Pard, I was saying that in regard to the rest of the league. AND, regardless of of who GU played the talent level of LU was apparent

Engineer86
November 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Yea you can't keep loading up on patsies like the Leopards.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
In fairness to Georgetown, and its players, coaches and fans, if we had their record this year and their degree of success after being down for so many years, I'd be crowing too. I've picked on the Hoyas a bit this year on this board, but I'm a Patriot League fan and I wish all teams in the league overall success. Besides, we'll get them next year.

hawkineer
November 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
understood Pard, I was saying that in regard to the rest of the league. AND, regardless of of who GU played the talent level of LU was apparent
Oh come on! Throw Bogie and Puddycat4life a bone and say that LC was the best and most talented team you've seen all year. ;) They need something to hold on to this week besides _________. (fill in the blank).xeekx

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Yea you can't keep loading up on patsies like the Leopards.

Better than loading up on pasties, like the Lehigh Light-Loafers.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
They need something to hold on to this week besides _________. (fill in the blank).

I was going to suggest what Lehigh fans hold onto, but this is a family board.

The Last Engineer
November 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I was going to suggest what Lehigh fans hold onto, but this is a family board.

Bogie, I think you are allowed to say "Another Patriot League football championship trophy" in front of minors.

hawkineer
November 13th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Bogie, I think you are allowed to say "Another Patriot League football championship trophy" in front of minors.xthumbsupx

Sader87
November 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Sort of an odd season in the PL this year. I'd rank them this way:

1. Lehigh....week in, week out the class of the league but not that much better than the next grouping.

2-5: HC, GTown, Lafayette and Bucknell...all essentially the same though I would say HC was probably the 2nd best team overall in the PL when they weren't shooting themselves in the foot.

6. Colgate....tough year for the Red Raiders.

7. Fordham....what else can you say?

RichH2
November 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM

1. Lehigh....week in, week out the class of the league but not that much better than the next grouping.

2-5: HC, GTown, Lafayette and Bucknell...all essentially the same though I would say HC was probably the 2nd best team overall in the PL when they weren't shooting themselves in the foot.

6. Colgate....tough year for the Red Raiders.

7. Fordham....what else can you say?

Accurate recap for Pl this year.

Engineer86
November 13th, 2011, 03:31 PM

2-5: HC, GTown, Lafayette and Bucknell...

Come on, soundly beat Georgetown and Bucknell. HC comes in after Lehigh team dealt with no power, heat, hot water for 4 days. Besides the prep work, that is just tough to deal with.

I would say MUCH better.

Go...gate
November 13th, 2011, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=DFW HOYA;1721506]A show of hands, please, for those who predicted Georgetown to go 8-3 while scholarship Fordham stares at a possible 1-10 finish, with its lone win a three point decision over winless Columbia.

You guys have much to be proud of. Well done. I admit that I had begun to grow a bit restive that Georgetown might be satisfied being the "Columbia of the Patriot League", but the coach and players have proven us all wrong, as Fordham ultimately did as well. Now we have to figure out how to keep the whole damned football league together.

van
November 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Lehigh (4 in a row)
Gate at home
Cross

hawkineer
November 13th, 2011, 05:17 PM

2-5: HC, GTown, Lafayette and Bucknell...

Bucknell 30-6
HC 14-7
Georgetown 34-12
LC TBD

Not that much better?xconfusedx Average margin of victory against next grouping 18. Average margin of victory against league is 19.
Man I hope we're not that much better than the rest of the league again next year.:D

carney2
November 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Sader87 started this so I guess even I can offer an opinion:

1. Lehigh - What's the argument? Heads and shoulders above anyone in this League.
2. Georgetown - You can criticize their schedule all you want, but 8-3 and in the hunt on the last day does it for me.
3. Holy Cross - Will have a winning record while playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.
4. Bucknell - In many ways a bigger surprise than anyone. A solid shot at 7-4.
5. Lafayette - Played the toughest FCS schedule in the country but did not handle it particularly well.
6. Colgate - Lots of injuries and disappointment.
7. Fordham - No way to put any lipstick on this pig. Two scholarship classes should have provided some bump against mere Patriot League competition.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2011, 06:37 PM
The real question is who gets coach of the year?

Sader87
November 13th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Bucknell 30-6
HC 14-7
Georgetown 34-12
LC TBD

Not that much better?xconfusedx Average margin of victory against next grouping 18. Average margin of victory against league is 19.
Man I hope we're not that much better than the rest of the league again next year.:D

Lehigh is not that much better than HC...HC came within hitting the crossbar on a FGA of going up 10-0 late in the 3rd Q at Lehigh last week. Beware of the Pards, their offense was very formidable yesterday at Fitton.

hawkineer
November 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM

Has to be GU's Kevin Kelly, perhaps followed by BU's Susan.

hawkineer
November 13th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Lehigh is not that much better than HC...HC came within hitting the crossbar on a FGA of going up 10-0 late in the 3rd Q at Lehigh last week. Beware of the Pards, their offense was very formidable yesterday at Fitton.
Your selective memory seems to forget that LU hit the upright at the end of the first half and a chip shot FG at the end of the game. By the way, based on the eye test, I would have rated HC the 2nd best team in the league. I have no idea how HC lost to GU after seeing both teams.

LU will not overlook the spotted puddy cats, especially since they have a lot to still play for including sending off the seniors with 4 straight wins, a first round playoff bye, ten win season, and its Laugheyette.

Sader87
November 13th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Your selective memory seems to forget that LU hit the upright at the end of the first half and a chip shot FG at the end of the game. By the way, based on the eye test, I would have rated HC the 2nd best team in the league. I have no idea how HC lost to GU after seeing both teams.

LU will not overlook the spotted puddy cats, especially since they have a lot to still play for including sending off the seniors with 4 straight wins, a first round playoff bye, ten win season, and its Laugheyette.

Hats off to the Hoyas...but if it's even a halfway decent weather day when these 2 teams met at Fitton, HC probably wins 8 out of 10 times.

Engineer86
November 13th, 2011, 06:58 PM
And if Lehigh has power, heat, and the sembelence of a normal week to prepare for HC, Lehigh wins by 20 or more. Every team has good and bad days.

LehighU11
November 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Oh please, Lehigh is on a whole other talent level than the rest of the Patriot League. Holy Cross has had 0 convincing wins this season against the PL, besides Colgate. Lehigh beat Bucknell with ease on the road, where HC just scraped by with a 3 point win. Georgetown handed it to HC at Fitton, and you saw what we did to them yesterday. The Crusaders lost to Brown (!) and barely beat an awful Dartmouth squad. Yesterday's HC win against Lafayette was a close one too. No way can you compare a 5-5 (3-2) to a 9-1 (5-0) team.

Lum is one of the best QBs in the FCS and in PL history, compared to Taggart who was awful last week against our smothering defense. HC's running game was weak and got about half the yards Lehigh gained.

Just accept that this was a down year for the recent PL powerhouses HC and Colgate, when Lehigh happens to be having one of its best season's in the program's history.

Sader87
November 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Lehigh is good this year...not great. Great PL teams were the Colgate and HC teams of the 80's, maybe some of those late 90's/early 00's Lehigh teams (during an era when HC seemingly gave up football, so I didn't see them), Colgate in 2003 and maybe a couple others here and there.

The Historian
November 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Lum is having a great season, but his body of work does not match at least four other PL QBs - Ciacio, Vena, Stambaugh and Randolph. However, if Lum took Lehigh deep into the tournament, then he would have to be considered with that group. Stambaugh is the only one to win a playoff game. I am sure Ciacio would have if Holy Cross had gone to the playoffs, but no other PL QB had a better supporting cast.

carney2
November 13th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Do you have someone other than Kevin Kelly in mind?

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Lum is definetely not in the top corps of PL QBs. I wouldn't even rank him with Randolph or Skelton.

As for this Lehigh team: good and definetely the best in the PL, but not of the caliber of the earlier Lehigh teams or even 2002-2004.

Susan gets the nod in my mind. Gtown gave hints last year but Bucknell came out of nowhere.

Doc QB
November 13th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Sader87 started this so I guess even I can offer an opinion:

1. Lehigh - What's the argument? Heads and shoulders above anyone in this League.
2. Georgetown - You can criticize their schedule all you want, but 8-3 and in the hunt on the last day does it for me.
3. Holy Cross - Will have a winning record while playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.
4. Bucknell - In many ways a bigger surprise than anyone. A solid shot at 7-4.
5. Lafayette - Played the toughest FCS schedule in the country but did not handle it particularly well.
6. Colgate - Lots of injuries and disappointment.
7. Fordham - No way to put any lipstick on this pig. Two scholarship classes should have provided some bump against mere Patriot League competition.

Really? Two currently ranked teams, only one of which is playoff bound? Penn and Yale overrated, Stoneybrook may get autobid if lucky. I think calling it a very respectable, solid schedule says enough.

carney2
November 13th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Really? Two currently ranked teams, only one of which is playoff bound? Penn and Yale overrated, Stoneybrook may get autobid if lucky. I think calling it a very respectable, solid schedule says enough.

Most difficult schedule in FCS football based on win-loss record of opponents. As ol' Casey used to say, "you can look it up."

Sader87
November 13th, 2011, 09:13 PM
HC played a tougher overall OOC than anyone in the PL but I think it's close with both Lafayette and Lehigh.

Doc QB
November 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Most difficult schedule in FCS football based on win-loss record of opponents. As ol' Casey used to say, "you can look it up."

Carney, with all due respect (and I am not being sarcastic) you could open up a HUGE can of worms by using that argument....and the first comment would be, and undoubtedly shared by more than a few, is who are the team on your schedule stacking up winning records against? Based purely on win-loss records, sure, you have numbers to back up such a statement. But, strength of schedule based on who those wins actually come against and what conference and national rankings, GPI, Sagarin's, etc...the opposite effect may be why Sam Houston is getting beat up on another thread here, they will likely be undefeated against a soft schedule and conf, but is postulated by some they could get skunked in the seedings.

Other than NDSU, what opponents on LC's sched are from a power conference? Harvard beat up on Ivies that the rest of the PL beat up on. No disrespect to G'town and Bucknell's fine turnarounds, (although it will come across as such) who did they really beat? And as much as it could pain me to say it, my mightly LU, losing to a UNH squad fighting for an at-large and a Liberty team that is as well...people have argued ad nauseum we haven't beat anyone, either.

But, in my sleep deprived state, I did forget to include my mighty Engineers as ranked and playoff bound in my first comment on your entry. So what the hell do I know...

carney2
November 13th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Carney, with all due respect (and I am not being sarcastic) you could open up a HUGE can of worms by using that argument....and the first comment would be, and undoubtedly shared by more than a few, is who are the team on your schedule stacking up winning records against? Based purely on win-loss records, sure, you have numbers to back up such a statement. But, strength of schedule based on who those wins actually come against and what conference and national rankings, GPI, Sagarin's, etc...the opposite effect may be why Sam Houston is getting beat up on another thread here, they will likely be undefeated against a soft schedule and conf, but is postulated by some they could get skunked in the seedings.

Other than NDSU, what opponents on LC's sched are from a power conference? Harvard beat up on Ivies that the rest of the PL beat up on. No disrespect to G'town and Bucknell's fine turnarounds, (although it will come across as such) who did they really beat? And as much as it could pain me to say it, my mightly LU, losing to a UNH squad fighting for an at-large and a Liberty team that is as well...people have argued ad nauseum we haven't beat anyone, either.

But, in my sleep deprived state, I did forget to include my mighty Engineers as ranked and playoff bound in my first comment on your entry. So what the hell do I know...

Based entirely on win-loss record. No strength of schedule in the calculation. That's what it is and we'll take it. We will, in fact, take any alibi, excuse or fantasy that helps to explain the total garbage passing as football that we've been subjected to for the past two years. Denial? No, it's tough to deny anything that smells this bad. Just looking to reduce the stench.

Doc QB
November 13th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Based entirely on win-loss record. No strength of schedule in the calculation. That's what it is and we'll take it. We will, in fact, take any alibi, excuse or fantasy that helps to explain the total garbage passing as football that we've been subjected to for the past two years. Denial? No, it's tough to deny anything that smells this bad. Just looking to reduce the stench.

I didnt know there was a calculation. Guess that makes it objective over a subjective method that would rely on all of those juicy transitive comparisons and conference strength arguments.

Yes, although there may be some stench blowing toward us from Easton, it is the up and down play of the 'Pards that does worry me that you'll put it together next weekend and put us into the playoffs limping. I know you guys would like nothing more. I hope our guys are focused and get the job done.

carney2
November 13th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Yes, although there may be some stench blowing toward us from Easton, it is the up and down play of the 'Pards that does worry me that you'll put it together next weekend and put us into the playoffs limping. I know you guys would like nothing more. I hope our guys are focused and get the job done.

Just between you and me, there isn't a lot for the Squawks to worry about. The Pards have no linemen worth a thimble of warm spit - on either side of the ball.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2011, 10:32 PM
We have many key guys out. We probably have the worst luck in FCS. Who develops an internal infection that is almost life threatening to your star WR?!

I'm only going to 147 for the friends, food, and keeping the streak alive.

At least when Lehigh snuck up on us those two years they were getting stronger at the end of the year. We need a miracle.

LehighU11
November 14th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I'm only going to 147 for the friends, food, and keeping the streak alive.

Please tell me you're bringing Kate Upton, too.

DFW HOYA
November 14th, 2011, 09:38 AM
For those that complain about Georgetown's strength of schedule, three points:

1. Georgetown was held out of the Ivy rotation for years--what games it did get from 2003-09 were leftovers from Towson, Yale has been the only Ivy game for a number of years, and the Princeton series in 2012 is the first significant entry into Ivy scheduling.

2. CAA teams are, by and large, not interested in scheduling Georgetown over the MSF. Old Dominion dropped GU after just one game of a four game series to pick up Norfolk State, and the Richmond series was cut two years short by mutual consent. Villanova has steadfastly NOT wanted to play GU, Towson is out of the picture because they schedule up in non-conference, and the New England schools aren't biting, either. What's left is generally lower tier NEC or eastern Pioneer schools, though Howard (full scholarship albeit not very good) was a welcome addition this year. I know of at least one other MEAC school that passed an opportunity to play Georgetown a number of years ago.

3. Georgetown has avoided the "body bag" games to Cal Poly or ND State because it doesn't serve the program well and the financial gain isn't much when travel costs are put into effect. The Hoyas played FIU one year (lost 27-2) and that was the last such guarantee game.

Many PL schools have a wide variety of schools with two hours of the campus. For Georgetown, there are only three nearby I-AA options: Towson, Howard, or Morgan State, and the HBCU's prefer to schedule "classic" games rather than out of conference series. In a more perfect world, schools like American, GW, and George Mason would all be playing I-AA football and the DC area would be a great place for college football. That didn't happen, of course.

Would I like to see Georgetown play "up"? Sure, but this was an 0-11 team not that long ago, too. Add in the low/no equivalency issue and no larger program is going to commit to a series whether they're 0-11 or 8-3.

RichH2
November 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Kelly s/b COY. As to the back and forth on strength of schedule and excuses, we should keep in mind that Lehigh is the best in our little pond this year and last. Next year another school will probably be top dog. Is this one of LU's best teams? Certainly very good but not a top 5 team. Only goal now s/b beating Pards. Then worry about brackets et al .

TheValleyRaider
November 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Another season comes to an end, they always go so fast (and somehow slower when you play below expectations). 3-0 last week, now 40-12 for the year (with a full half of my losses coming from Colgate games). One more perfect week would break my personal season high from 2008. On to victory we're marching....

Lafayette at Lehigh Lehigh First, the League's favored matchup. As in most years, there is little on the line in the LL game except pride. The Hawks have already wrapped up the League crown, and now look to complete a second straight unbeaten year. The Leopards, on the other hand, have bounced around, toying with their fanbase's emotions even more than usual. Still, their season ends this weekend regardless of the result. Rivalry games are funny things, and though the favorites almost always win, there are just enough funky things to make picking them feel like an adventure. Still, the numbers don't lie, and when in doubt, go with the better team

Bucknell at Colgate Colgate Two teams with similar records and yet very different feelings. In Lewisburg, the few who have not turned their attention to the hardwood floors are probably enjoying a renewal, fueled by a tough defense that generates turnovers. In Hamilton, meanwhile, expectations of another title challenge have given way to disappointment over Biddle's 2nd losing season in 16 years. Injuries have stymied the Raiders all year, but at the very least they have played well at home. Bucknell's limited offense struggles just enough on the frozen tundra, while the 'Gate closes Eachus' career, and closes the season, on a high note

Holy Cross at Fordham Holy Cross One more Catholic clash to close out the season. Georgetown already took the Patriot's Catholic Crown this year, so this is for second place (of a competition that doesn't really exist (or does it?)). Holy Cross started strong, but seems to have regressed as the season went along, at least offensively. Fordham, meanwhile, has just been offensive, the excitement of scholarships and trips to UConn and Army giving way to the reality of a team that is simply not very good. The Crusader defense makes enough plays against a toothless Ram attack, and the offense puts up the points for a comfortable win

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
ValleyRaider's outlook for this weekend's games is a good as any I've seen. Bucknell at Colgate should be the most competitive of the three.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Please tell me you're bringing Kate Upton, too.

Oh how I wish... I'll let her sit right behind the Lehigh bench during positional meetings so you know, the offense and defense can have their minds wander...

LehighU11
November 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
How did Divers get ST Player of the Week for the PL? Missed a field goal and had a 4 yd punt. That 60+ yarder was only due to a terrible judgment by the G-town return man. Enough of these field goals attempts, they're costing us big points.

RichH2
November 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
How did Divers get ST Player of the Week for the PL? Missed a field goal and had a 4 yd punt. That 60+ yarder was only due to a terrible judgment by the G-town return man. Enough of these field goals attempts, they're costing us big points.

Did not compare but I would guess a lack of anyone else. Kind of embarassing

ColgateTD
November 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Lafayette - based on the 'Pards OT win against us - imitating Tom Brady and Eli's last minute heroics - I have to say "Watch Out, EngineHawks!" Have to stick with Pard4 and Carney2 'till the end.

Holy Cross - Jesuits vs. Jesuits. I'll take the Wuster Jesuits in a cakewalk. So much for schollies.

Colgate - I don't see the seniors going out with a loss at home in this one. Weather looks good for a passing game; McCarney should be able to air it out to 6-7 different receivers. There's rumors Eachus might start. Head-scratching year for the Red Raiders with injuries galore, but Biddle won't end year on a sour note.

ngineer
November 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM

That says alot about the rest of the ST's in the PL. The FG attempt was beyond his reach (47 yard attempt). I don't know why Andy tried it. Maybe he felt with the wind it was worth alook to see what he could do. He did make all PAT's and two other fgs. The punt was attrocious.

LehighU11
November 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
The FG attempt was beyond his reach (47 yard attempt). I don't know why Andy tried it. Maybe he felt with the wind it was worth alook to see what he could do. He did make all PAT's and two other fgs. The punt was attrocious.

I was cringing when I saw them send him out to attempt that 47 yarder. He's just 6-9 from 30-39 yards. They punt or attempt long FGs far too often from within the 40. As dominant as the Lehigh D is, you have to trust that they will hold in the event that the offense fails to get a yard or two on 4th down. We could have put the HC and G-town games away far earlier had it not been for such conservative play calling.

van
November 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I was cringing when I saw them send him out to attempt that 47 yarder. He's just 6-9 from 30-39 yards. They punt or attempt long FGs far too often from within the 40. As dominant as the Lehigh D is, you have to trust that they will hold in the event that the offense fails to get a yard or two on 4th down. We could have put the HC and G-town games away far earlier had it not been for such conservative play calling.

Agree with over conservative play calling against HC and Hoyas. But the 47 yard FG with the wind behind us and 4th and 15, FG was the right call. It seemed to me that the snap was not handled cleanly and that threw Divers timing off. I think he could make that FG 50% of the time with the wind. Just MHO.

Leopard Loyalist
November 16th, 2011, 04:55 PM
For the last time this year, I'm (logically) picing against the Leopards.
I think Colgate pulls it together to upset Bucknell. (That just sounds weird.)
Holy Cross brings a merciful end to Fordham's season.

39-13 for the season.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Lafayette - based on the 'Pards OT win against us - imitating Tom Brady and Eli's last minute heroics - I have to say "Watch Out, EngineHawks!" Have to stick with Pard4 and Carney2 'till the end.

It's nice to have a respected conference foe reiterate what ought to be the universally-expected outcome. Those Packer Slackers think that they're simply going to show up and rehash the whole we're-entitled thing just because their excrement-stained britches befoul others into submission.

But we're bringing Lysol, rinsing twice, and hanging them out to dry.

Sam
November 16th, 2011, 07:14 PM
He's out two concussions? Tough year for Nate wish him well in his future career, Colgate degree will pay off in the end.

lehighfball
November 16th, 2011, 07:34 PM
LEHIGH 31-6

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2011, 07:36 PM
LEHIGH SUCKS.

I just thought I'd throw in a random thought here. Nothing in particular, of course.

ngineer
November 17th, 2011, 12:07 AM
November 19, 2011--THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSIES TO BLEED!

CFBfan
November 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Lum is definetely not in the top corps of PL QBs. I wouldn't even rank him with Randolph or Skelton.

As for this Lehigh team: good and definetely the best in the PL, but not of the caliber of the earlier Lehigh teams or even 2002-2004.

Susan gets the nod in my mind. Gtown gave hints last year but Bucknell came out of nowhere.

if Bucknell doesn't win this week there's no way he gets the nod over Kelly (imo)

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 07:58 AM
This Week's Lines:

"The Game" - Harvard (-14˝) at Yale o/u 63˝

"The Rivalry" - Lehigh (-23˝) vs Lafayette o/u 52

Brown (-20˝) at Columbia o/u 43

Penn (-6˝) vs Cornell o/u 47

Bucknell (-6˝) at Colgate o/u 47

Holy Cross (-14˝) at Fordham o/u 37˝

Dartmouth (-18˝) vs Princeton o/u 45˝

Other Games of Interest:

Maine (pk) at New Hampshire o/u 64

William & Mary (-1˝) at Richmond o/u 36˝

Towson (-11) at Rhode Island o/u 61˝

James Madison (-3) at UMass o/u 41

Delaware (-8˝) at Villanova o/u 42˝

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2011, 08:49 AM
There are three gauranteed things in life: death, taxes, and Lafayette beating that spread tomorrow.

The Last Engineer
November 18th, 2011, 08:55 AM
This Week's Lines:

"The Rivalry" - Lehigh (-23˝) vs Lafayette o/u 52

This line surprises the heck out of me. While I would be absolutely thrilled with a 38-14 Lehigh victory tomorrow, I think the Sagarin prediction of ~18 points is a little closer to the truth.

Anyone else look at quick look at Bogie's avatar and think it was Chewbacca grinding down a wire on a skiboard? Please use this non-Chewbacca image for comparison:

http://www.eielson.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/thumbnails160/071118-F-3277E-003.jpg

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Lehigh 28, Lafayette 21... we have no DL or ability to pressure Lum, but we can move the ball and it will be close.
Bucknell 30, Colgate 24... odd season ends for Gate and Bucknell wins seven games!
Holy Cross 41, Fordham 10... DOJ issues a brief tomorrow that Fordham's 2011 season constitutes illegal torture.

Bonus: Harvard 24, Yale 14... Harvard honored Witt decided to lose to them rather than lose the Rhodes.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2011, 09:02 AM
This line surprises the heck out of me. While I would be absolutely thrilled with a 38-14 Lehigh victory tomorrow, I think the Sagarin prediction of ~18 points is a little closer to the truth.

Anyone else look at quick look at Bogie's avatar and think it was Chewbacca grinding down a wire on a skiboard? Please use this non-Chewbacca image for comparison:

http://www.eielson.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/thumbnails160/071118-F-3277E-003.jpg

Nope... it's a Mountain Hawk stuck in a power line. Pretty pretty, pretty clear to me.

RichH2
November 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Hell of a spread. Do hope Bookies know more than I do. I expect a close game until the 2nd half. Even then Pards can score so competitive til the end. DRAT

Southsider
November 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I like LU 38-19. Pards miss XP, then fail on a 2 pt conversion. Lum throws for 3 TD's. Matt Fiz has a memorable day in his first start! Spadola and Drawl continue to deliver! Game can't get here soon enough.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Anyone else look at quick look at Bogie's avatar and think it was Chewbacca grinding down a wire on a skiboard?

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3972/spellitout.png

You see, Last Engineer, the image is intended as a metaphor representing . . . Oh, ever mind. I keep forgetting where you went to "school."

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Hell of a spread. Do hope Bookies know more than I do. I expect a close game until the 2nd half. Even then Pards can score so competitive til the end. DRAT

23.5 points!!!! Like WTF! WOW!! Hmmm, what was that Penn spread??? LETS GO PARDS!!! Leaving for Lafayette Valley after work!!

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
23.5 points!!!! Like WTF! WOW!! Hmmm, what was that Penn spread??? LETS GO PARDS!!! Leaving for Lafayette Valley after work!!

To bad you wont be ableto make it to the game xlolxxsmiley_wix

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
To bad you wont be ableto make it to the game xlolxxsmiley_wix

Haven't you read a map lately?

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8218/lafayettevalleycrop.png

RichH2
November 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Cute,Pard insecurity raging full blast

ngineer
November 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM
With the weather forecast, I think the O will be able to penetrate the Pussies at will. Tavani may be calling 911 by halftime. If Lehigh gets up by a couple scores early, it could get ugly. OTOH, if LC can keep within spitting range by halftime, it could be a nailbiter. I'm feeling very confident after speaking with the seniors last night that they are very focused and will get down to business early. Lehigh 35-17.

RichH2
November 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
With the weather forecast, I think the O will be able to penetrate the Pussies at will. Tavani may be calling 911 by halftime. If Lehigh gets up by a couple scores early, it could get ugly. OTOH, if LC can keep within spitting range by halftime, it could be a nailbiter. I'm feeling very confident after speaking with the seniors last night that they are very focused and will get down to business early. Lehigh 35-17.

From your mouth to God's ear,as my Irish grandpa used to tell me.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Cute,Pard insecurity raging full blast

That's the best you can do? I thought the map responded to Engineer86 rather well.

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM

Where is this fantasy land? Just east of Oz and north of Neverneverland? .. is this where Lafayette College has a shot to win tomorrow?

RichH2
November 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
That's the best you can do? I thought the map responded to Engineer86 rather well.

I do humbly apologize for the cursory response but I am driving down to the LEHIGH Valley as we speak. MBH is keeping me a breast of your shenanigans.( He just quoted a Groucho marx joke which I will not post.)

van
November 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Where is this fantasy land? Just east of Oz and north of Neverneverland? .. is this where Lafayette College has a shot to win tomorrow?

Ah yes, Lafayette Valley, home of Easton junior college. We, on the other hand do not matriculate in the valley, but rather at old South Mountain, home of the PL champs!

Enter Fan now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Colgate 31 Bucknell 21
Holy Cross 32 Fordham 20
Lehigh 38 Lafayette 24

Southsider
November 18th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Colgate 31 Bucknell 21
Holy Cross 32 Fordham 20
Lehigh 38 Lafayette 24

I have a feeling the LU D will dominate tomorrow. Laf won't score 20!

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Date, time and link of the Playoff Bracket announcement?

Sunday, 11/20 on ESPN U. I expect web site ncaa.com

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Lehigh.

Wait, there are other games????

carney2
November 18th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Wait, there are other games????

Not this week.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I love how you view Lum as 'god' and Lehigh's offense as all-supreme. Look how you did last year, despite our loss:

Lehigh Lafayette
FIRST DOWNS................... 15 22
Rushing..................... 4 4
Passing..................... 11 13
Penalty..................... 0 5
NET YARDS RUSHING............. 58 60
Rushing Attempts............ 27 34
Average Per Rush............ 2.1 1.8
Rushing Touchdowns.......... 0 0
Yards Gained Rushing........ 69 88
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 11 28
NET YARDS PASSING............. 214 223
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 18-29-2 26-43-2
Average Per Attempt......... 7.4 5.2
Average Per Completion...... 11.9 8.6
Passing Touchdowns.......... 2 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 272 283
Total offense plays......... 56 77
Average Gain Per Play....... 4.9 3.7

lehighfball
November 19th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I love how you view Lum as 'god' and Lehigh's offense as all-supreme. Look how you did last year, despite our loss:

Lehigh Lafayette
FIRST DOWNS................... 15 22
Rushing..................... 4 4
Passing..................... 11 13
Penalty..................... 0 5
NET YARDS RUSHING............. 58 60
Rushing Attempts............ 27 34
Average Per Rush............ 2.1 1.8
Rushing Touchdowns.......... 0 0
Yards Gained Rushing........ 69 88
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 11 28
NET YARDS PASSING............. 214 223
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 18-29-2 26-43-2
Average Per Attempt......... 7.4 5.2
Average Per Completion...... 11.9 8.6
Passing Touchdowns.......... 2 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 272 283
Total offense plays......... 56 77
Average Gain Per Play....... 4.9 3.7

Is Skid Mark Shoop your man next year? He ***** his pants today..................