PDA

View Full Version : A-10 Prospectus

blur2005
May 12th, 2006, 01:01 AM
I wasn't certain that anybody had posted this, just saw the A-10 prospectus on the A-10 site. It has information and the projected two-deeps for all A-10 teams.

A-10 Prospectus (http://atlantic10.com/sports/football/mediaguides/2006/06Prospectus.pdf)

Mr. C
May 12th, 2006, 06:05 AM
They usually mail copies of that out to the media. Haven't gotten mine yet, but it is always interesting. Not many conferences do that in I-AA.

bluehenbillk
May 12th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Thanks blur, this will give me some great reading for the off-season!

DTSpider
May 12th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I hope that the CAA office has been taking notes. As much as we complain about the A10, they do distrubute these media guides and have at least one game every week broadcast on tv. Fortunately, I feel pretty confident in the of the leader of CAA football :D

ccd494
May 12th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Is the new CAA going to accept the previous A-10, Yankee, whatever conference history?

For example, this prospectus lists Maine, UMass, UConn, UVM, URI and New Hampshire as members since 1947.

DTSpider
May 12th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I've heard that it'll be the same transition as last time so all the conference history and records will remain.

henfan
May 12th, 2006, 10:13 AM
For those of you who didn't get DTSpider's reference to the new leader of the CAA league, it'll be Chuck Boone, former UR AD and Yankee Conference Commissioner. He'll do a great job. The league will absolutely see more of a committment to promoting FB than it did with the A-10, as more of its members have a vested interest in the conference's well being.

All of the records from the YankCon and A-10 will transfer to the CAA, per the below excerpted article from last year. I don't think the article is archived any longer on the HRDP's website.

CAA officially adds football

William and Mary is among the schools that will begin play in the new league in 2007.

MARTY O'BRIEN
Hampton Roads Daily Press
5 May 2005

RICHMOND -- Tom Yeager says he floated an idea three years ago to start a Colonial Athletic Association football league. CAA athletic directors didn't like it because it would've meant breaking the Atlantic 10 football league in half.

Yeager finally got his football league on Wednesday, one his athletic directors can live with. At a press conference in Richmond, Yeager announced that the 12 schools affiliated with the A-10 for football will form the new CAA football league beginning with the 2007 season.

Those schools are Delaware, Hofstra, James Madison, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Northeastern, Rhode Island, Richmond, Towson, Villanova and William and Mary. The only differences between A-10 and CAA football will be the league name and the office personnel.

Yeager said the two divisions of six teams each will remain the same as
the A-10, and that scheduling rotation will continue unchanged. A-10
conference records will transfer to the CAA and the same officials will
be used. Most important, the CAA will inherit the A-10's automatic bid
to the Division I-AA playoffs.