PDA

View Full Version : Wofford on the bubble...

theasushow
November 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Wofford, who has been a consensus top 10 all season, and a potential top 5 seed in many playoff predictions, is one UTC loss away from being eliminated from the playoffs. Wofford has a extremely potent offense when clicking on all cylinders, but it appears that they may have peaked a little too early. UTC also has a potent offense and was a preseason favorite to finish near the top of the SOCON. It will be senior day for the Mocs, and anything can happen. But I think Wofford steps up and gets the big win, hard to imagine the SOCON with only 2 teams in the playoffs this year.

eagle07
November 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Chatty coming off a bye week too, all rested up...... I'm going to go ahead and put Woffy on upset alert

Reign of Terrier
November 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Chatty's offense hasn't been anything special lately, but they get Coleman back next week. Their defense is great. Wofford is pretty banged up, but we play well with our backs against the wall

eagle07
November 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Is it going to be on tv whats the PBS of the week game next week? lol

theasushow
November 12th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Chatty's offense hasn't been anything special lately, but they get Coleman back next week. Their defense is great. Wofford is pretty banged up, but we play well with our backs against the wall

Agreed, I think a lot of it has to do with which teams show up. Both teams have looked great at times and pretty bad at times. Another thing in UTC's favor is they had 2 weeks to prepare for the Wofford's offense.

Reign of Terrier
November 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Agreed, I think a lot of it has to do with which teams show up. Both teams have looked great at times and pretty bad at times. Another thing in UTC's favor is they had 2 weeks to prepare for the Wofford's offense.

I think Wofford will do fine next week, offensively we didn't do as bad as the 10 points imply, GSU controlled TOP. Hopefully we'll be healthy

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I think Chattanooga has what it takes to get it done.

CropDuster
November 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Is it going to be on tv whats the PBS of the week game next week? lol

ASU-Elon

SMH.

theasushow
November 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I think Chattanooga has what it takes to get it done.

for sure...but less to play for.

CropDuster
November 12th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Elon didn't exactly have a lot to play for today...

theasushow
November 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Elon didn't exactly have a lot to play for today...

very true. I think Furman is the better overall team, but clearly these hangover games have been killin teams this season.

AppMAN04
November 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Woffy will pull this win off and send Chattys seniors a good farewell..

blueballs
November 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Wofford is still plenty good... don't discount them based on what happened today. GSU played a GREAT second half today and if they sustain that kind of effort and execution will hoist the trophy in January.

IMO Wofford is good enough to win playoff games.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Come on chatty do it for the missouri valley!

whoanellie
November 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
They only were playing playing for a winning season, and it was a conference game that was on the schedule. Sure not a lot to play for but aparently it was enough. just say'n
very true. I think Furman is the better overall team, but clearly these hangover games have been killin teams this season.

chattanoogamocs
November 12th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Coming from a fan of a team that has 3 titles in the last decade, I could understand your comment.

But, coming from the fan of a team that was mired in 25 years of wandering in the desert, trust me, there is plenty to play for...

1) 3rd winning season in a row (hasn't happened in 20 years)...even if it is only 6-5
2) A chance at revenge from last season's dismantling at the hands of Wofford (keeping the Mocs out of the playoffs)
3) Pride

The Mocs had really had nothing to play for last weekend at Samford and was able to win 24-9 with a 3-man rotation of an injured 2nd stringer, a 3rd stringer and a WR at quarterback.

Wofford will be a very tough game, but I know there is nothing the Mocs would like more than to return the favor and ruin the Terriers chances at the playoffs.

Great game to end the SoCon season. Would love to see BJ Coleman to Joel Bradford for the game winning TD.

Eagle22
November 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Coming from a fan of a team that has 3 titles in the last decade, I could understand your comment.

But, coming from the fan of a team that was mired in 25 years of wandering in the desert, trust me, there is plenty to play for...

1) 3rd winning season in a row (hasn't happened in 20 years)...even if it is only 6-5
2) A chance at revenge from last season's dismantling at the hands of Wofford (keeping the Mocs out of the playoffs)
3) Pride

The Mocs had really had nothing to play for last weekend at Samford and was able to win 24-9 with a 3-man rotation of an injured 2nd stringer, a 3rd stringer and a WR at quarterback.

Wofford will be a very tough game, but I know there is nothing the Mocs would like more than to return the favor and ruin the Terriers chances at the playoffs.

Great game to end the SoCon season. Would love to see BJ Coleman to Joel Bradford for the game winning TD.

#2 on your list is all it takes.

Well, that and a defensive effort that Chattanooga has been able to display at times this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
There will be a lot of at-large teams rooting for the Mocs next weekend.

StorminASU
November 13th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Ahh, it seems like only moments ago Youngterrier was just telling us how dominant Wofford was and now they're on the edge of the playoffs.

cbarrier90
November 13th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Ahh, it seems like only moments ago Youngterrier was just telling us how dominant Wofford was and now they're on the edge of the playoffs.

Give credit where credit is due, though. When you beat the worst ASU team since 2004 that has an extremely young defense unfamiliar with the triple option playing on the road and counter with a senior-laden offense led by a Boone native with a chip on his shoulder after having gone 0-3 vs. the Mountaineers in his career you're a pretty dominant team.

StorminASU
November 13th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Give credit where credit is due, though. When you beat the worst ASU team since 2004 that has an extremely young defense unfamiliar with the triple option playing on the road and counter with a senior-laden offense led by a Boone native with a chip on his shoulder after having gone 0-3 vs. the Mountaineers in his career you're a pretty dominant team.

Hahaha, while those are all excuses and if I saw a GSU fan write a similar assessment of our game I would be pissed, I'm going to allow this, haha.

Mountaineer#96
November 13th, 2011, 03:58 PM
gonna pick Chatty on this one.....all because Chattownmocs has fallen off the grid...;)

cannonballgsu
November 13th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I think Wofford will do fine next week, offensively we didn't do as bad as the 10 points imply, GSU controlled TOP. Hopefully we'll be healthy

That touchdown pass that was dropped hurt you guys. He was WIDE open.

terrierbob
November 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM
That touchdown pass that was dropped hurt you guys. He was WIDE open.

It did, and it could have swung the big Mo, but the better team won, no doubt.

cannonballgsu
November 13th, 2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=SJ&Date=20111112&Category=PHOTOS07&ArtNo=111209993&Ref=PH&Item=59&Maxw=603&MaxH=452&q=90

Good gallery: http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/tngallery?Site=SJ&Date=20111112&Category=PHOTOS07&ArtNo=111209993&Ref=PH

Reign of Terrier
November 13th, 2011, 09:02 PM
http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=SJ&Date=20111112&Category=PHOTOS07&ArtNo=111209993&Ref=PH&Item=59&Maxw=603&MaxH=452&q=90

Good gallery: http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/tngallery?Site=SJ&Date=20111112&Category=PHOTOS07&ArtNo=111209993&Ref=PH

Just STOP! xlolx that made it look worse than I thought it was!

eaglewraith
November 13th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Just STOP! xlolx that made it look worse than I thought it was!

So I should not submit this to Failblog is what you're saying? :)

Reign of Terrier
November 13th, 2011, 09:19 PM
So I should not submit this to Failblog is what you're saying? :)

:/