PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-12

JALMOND
November 10th, 2011, 10:35 PM
A weekend in the Big Sky and both Montana and Montana State are not playing, leaving the games to the non-Big Sky Country teams, most of which are playing for pride (among other things). Currently for the season I am at 43-11 and, with a strong finish, I could have one of my better years picking these games, so I even have a stake in these games. Here are this weekend's predictions and my attempt at perfection (once again). Have at them!

EWU at Cal Poly---The Eagles took last week off to get healthy and refocused, now that they are pretty much out of the playoffs. They hit the road to face future Big Sky member, Cal Poly, whose playoff chances took a serious hit last week. Both teams playing for pride, who wants it more...EWU 38, Cal Poly 35.

ISU at Sac State---The Hornets have clearly lost their focus after letting Eastern Washington get a win at home three weeks ago. They went through the motions at home against Northern Arizona and then played an ugly slugfest last week at Portland State. The Bengals, however, gave up on the season long ago...Sac State 21, ISU 17.

NAU at WSU---The Lumberjacks, on the other hand, have relished being the spoiler in the conference, killing Sacramento State's playoff chances and putting a halt to Northern Colorado's recent revival. Now they head on the road to play the Wildcats in the last home game for their longtime coach. If the Lumberjacks win, crown them the new bad boys of the conference...NAU 31, WSU 21.

PSU at UNC---In a very ugly game last week where it seemed no one wanted the win, the Vikings ended up on top and kept their late run intact. Now they go on the road to play the Bears who were playing well themselves until last week's game at Northern Arizona. Clearly the Bears have recovered but the Vikings are playing tough...PSU 27, UNC 14.

Squealofthepig
November 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Agree with EWU over Cal Poly in a close one - probably the best game this weekend.

ISU/Sac State - This depends on which Sac State team shows up. The Bengals have had some great flashes, and Sac State too has been impressive. Which team plays up to potential the longest? I'll take ISU just to be a contrarian. :)

NAU/WSU - Weber played pretty well against those other Cats for almost three quarters, before MSU went wild in front of fifteen people last weekend. The 'Jacks are riding a road win, though, and I think they keep the game close and outlast Weber.

PSU at UNC: If I'm betting money, I put the cash on the Vikings, but I'm really pulling for Northern Colorado to pick up a win this year, as I really like their coach and hope he's given time to develop the program.

wapiti
November 11th, 2011, 12:46 PM
EWU 20 at Cal Poly 24---I would like to see EWU win this, but I think CP will regroup after the loss to UCD and being at home take the win.

ISU 13 at Sac State 38---The good Sac state team shows up for this game, but that may be easier with ISU's ability to play on the road.

NAU 24 at WSU 32--- BBQ playes inspired ball so that McBride get a W in his final home game in Ogden.

PSU 17 at UNC 13---UNC plays tough at home, but still finds a way to lose in the 4th quarter.

Future big Sky Teams:
ND 13 at UCD 16---UCD wins this one in OT. After the W over CP they contine the good playing and earn another W.

SUU 27 at Northern Iowa 28---I wouild like to see SUU win this one, but UNI is at home and much higher ranked team. SUU makes it much closer than UNI would like.

JALMOND
November 13th, 2011, 02:52 AM
A weekend in the Big Sky and both Montana and Montana State are not playing, leaving the games to the non-Big Sky Country teams, most of which are playing for pride (among other things). Currently for the season I am at 43-11 and, with a strong finish, I could have one of my better years picking these games, so I even have a stake in these games. Here are this weekend's predictions and my attempt at perfection (once again). Have at them!

EWU at Cal Poly---The Eagles took last week off to get healthy and refocused, now that they are pretty much out of the playoffs. They hit the road to face future Big Sky member, Cal Poly, whose playoff chances took a serious hit last week. Both teams playing for pride, who wants it more...EWU 38, Cal Poly 35.

ISU at Sac State---The Hornets have clearly lost their focus after letting Eastern Washington get a win at home three weeks ago. They went through the motions at home against Northern Arizona and then played an ugly slugfest last week at Portland State. The Bengals, however, gave up on the season long ago...Sac State 21, ISU 17.

NAU at WSU---The Lumberjacks, on the other hand, have relished being the spoiler in the conference, killing Sacramento State's playoff chances and putting a halt to Northern Colorado's recent revival. Now they head on the road to play the Wildcats in the last home game for their longtime coach. If the Lumberjacks win, crown them the new bad boys of the conference...NAU 31, WSU 21.

PSU at UNC---In a very ugly game last week where it seemed no one wanted the win, the Vikings ended up on top and kept their late run intact. Now they go on the road to play the Bears who were playing well themselves until last week's game at Northern Arizona. Clearly the Bears have recovered but the Vikings are playing tough...PSU 27, UNC 14.

3-1 this week brings me to 46-12 for the year. Not too bad.