PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina A&T Coach Reprimanded/Prohibited From Sideline

superman7515
November 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.meacsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=20800&ATCLID=205330458

North Carolina A&T State head football coach Rod Broadway has been reprimanded by the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) for displaying unsportsmanlike conduct during the Aggies football game against Florida A&M on Saturday, November 5.

MEAC Commissioner Dennis Thomas said in a statement on Tuesday that "the conference expects all student-athletes, coaches, and athletic staff to demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after all athletic events."

In addition to the reprimand, Coach Broadway will be prohibited from coaching on the sidelines during the Aggies next scheduled football game against South Carolina State on Saturday, Nov. 12. He will be allowed to coach the team from the press box during the game and overtime if needed.

Mr. C
November 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
So what did Rod Broadway do?

alvinkayak6
November 9th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, go do your unsportsmanlike stuff in the press box! Because if nobody sees it, it aint a problem!

Big Dawg
November 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
So what did Rod Broadway do?

I have no idea...MEAC officiating is terrible!!!

FAMU and NCA&T combined for 29 penalties for almost 300 yards on Saturday...it was ridiculous

Mr. C
November 10th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I have no idea...MEAC officiating is terrible!!!

FAMU and NCA&T combined for 29 penalties for almost 300 yards on Saturday...it was ridiculous

Was the woman referee working as the crew chief?

superman7515
November 10th, 2011, 12:23 AM
It's my understanding was on the field of play complaining for every penalty called in the game from midway through the 2nd quarter until the game was finished, a few sideline warnings, and received a penalty himself during halftime.

Big Dawg
November 10th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Was the woman referee working as the crew chief?

Yep

Big Dawg
November 10th, 2011, 01:26 AM
It's my understanding was on the field of play complaining for every penalty called in the game from midway through the 2nd quarter until the game was finished, a few sideline warnings, and received a penalty himself during halftime.

Yeah...we were allowed to kickoff from midfield to start the 2nd half...we had no idea why

Both teams were getting shafted, IMO.

Mr. C
November 10th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Yep

I bet if someone did a study on it that this particular crew would have the most penalties on average of any crew in the MEAC and maybe all of FCS. Every game I've seen this crew work has been riddled with penalties. Hope they are not at Morgan State on Saturday.

SoCon48
November 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM
This is uncharacteristic of Rod. He had to really be pissed for this to happen.

WileECoyote06
November 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I bet if someone did a study on it that this particular crew would have the most penalties on average of any crew in the MEAC and maybe all of FCS. Every game I've seen this crew work has been riddled with penalties. Hope they are not at Morgan State on Saturday.

Yeah they are beyond horrible.

Humble Steward
November 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM
It's a shame that some of the calls made by these refs has cost teams more than a few games. I don't care if the calls are even on both sides of the ball. If the penalties are incorrectly called, it still hurts the team, the flow of the game, and makes it hard to watch. Brian Jenkins has to literally control himself with some of the penalties that are seen week in and week out. I feel Broadway's pain!!! Something has to give.