PDA

View Full Version : Will the top 4 seeds be regionalizaed?

GSU Eagle
November 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Right now I guess the top 4 would be in some order:
North Dakota St, Sam Houston St., Montana St. and Georgia Southern

Regionalized NDSU and Montana St. should be together and SHSU and GSU should be together. So I guess that would be #1 NDSU #2 GSU OR SHSU #3 GSU or SHSU and #4 Montana St.

So would the committee set it up so the top 4 were roughly regionalized?

Twentysix
November 7th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Unless montana state or SHSU lose no way GSU deserves any higher than 4 imo.

Hammerhead
November 7th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Is there a web site the lists the criteria used for seeding?

Ideally, it would be nice to have the top 4 seeds in separate brackets with #1 and #2 on opposite sides with a chance to meet in Frisco. I would guess the NCAA tries to limit travel to some degree.

GSU Eagle
November 7th, 2011, 08:12 PM
We will see-- the committee makes some odd decisions. Remember the SportsNetwork poll or any other poll does not mirror the seedings many years.

I think NDSU really wants GSU at home at some point in the playoffs. It may play out that way, but mark my word, the seedings 1-5 in 2 weeks will surprise some.

GSU Eagle
November 7th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Supposedly the NCAA seeds the top 5 seeds in order that they feel is correct, but regionalization does play a part, and attendance plays a part also.

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Im sure the East Coast bias of the committee will screw over NDSU somehow, just watch.

X-Factor
November 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
NDSU and GSU have the advantage in that they can draw a big gate for the NCAA. Montana St as well to a certain degree, especially if they are hosting NDSU or Montana. SHSU probably has the disadvantage because they don't draw quite as well as the other three(provided those are even the top 4 seeds, who knows what will happen in two weeks). Wofford may also play a role as well.

MTfan4life
November 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
They don't usually regionalize the top 4 seeds. For example, in 2009 Montana, Southern Ill, Richmond, and Villanova were the seeds, but they didn't put Villanova and Richmond as #2 and #3. They had them on separate sides and Montana and So. Ill. on separate sides. In 2006, Montana and Massachusetts were both seeds on the same side of the bracket. You can't get much more separation than that. In other years, close by teams have ended up on the same side, but they haven't followed that template every year. They usually do the most regionalizing in the four team pods.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2011, 10:21 PM
They don't usually regionalize the top 4 seeds. For example, in 2009 Montana, Southern Ill, Richmond, and Villanova were the seeds, but they didn't put Villanova and Richmond as #2 and #3. They had them on separate sides and Montana and So. Ill. on separate sides. In 2006, Montana and Massachusetts were both seeds on the same side of the bracket. You can't get much more separation than that. In other years, close by teams have ended up on the same side, but they haven't followed that template every year. They usually do the most regionalizing in the four team pods.

If they can do a bus trip they will but that only goes for teams within 300 miles of each other. If a team has to get on a plane then they don't care if it is to GSU, NDSU, or MSU from the E. Coast and vice versa. That's a big part of the reason we so much of what you describe in the post.

Fear the Bird
November 7th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Unless montana state or SHSU lose no way GSU deserves any higher than 4 imo.

You are kidding right? A 9-1 FCS GSU with a 7 point loss at the rock wouldnt warrant a higher seed than SHSU? You must be new to this