PDA

View Full Version : FCS has 8 good teams, thats it huh.

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
1. North Dakota State (26) 9-0 698 1
2. Montana State (2) 9-1 671 2
3. Georgia Southern 8-1 627 4
4. Sam Houston State 9-0 619 5
5. Northern Iowa 7-2 585 6
6. Lehigh 8-1 536 7
7. Montana 8-2 525 8
8. Appalachian State 6-3 497 3
9 Wofford
James Madison

Lets take the TOP 8 Programs in FCS and Move it to FBS.

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

Ill Call it CIVIL WAR CONFERENCE CWC- North v South.

Go Apps
November 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
6. Lehigh 8-1 536 7
7. Montana 8-2 525 8
9 Wofford
James Madison

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

WHY AND NEVER HAVE A CHANCE AT A TITLE AGAIN - NO THANKS!!!

Reign of Terrier
November 7th, 2011, 04:35 PM
what? no. why? Wofford isn't moving up and those "Northern" teams weren't even states or even territories during the Civil War

SumItUp
FCS teams cannot form a FBS conference. FCS teams need to receive an invite from an existing FBS conference. The days of a school declaring themselves FBS independent are also over.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this anyway. I figured you had your eyes on the NFC North. xlolx

BisonBacker
6. Lehigh 8-1 536 7
7. Montana 8-2 525 8
9 Wofford
James Madison

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

I'm just curious do you practice at being this stupid or does it just come naturally? xoopsx

Silenoz
November 7th, 2011, 04:42 PM
CAA, you just got got F'ed in the A

http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/a/aa/YouGotFdintheA01.jpg

Tod
November 7th, 2011, 04:47 PM
6. Lehigh 8-1 536 7
7. Montana 8-2 525 8
9 Wofford
James Madison

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

I once suggested on this board that the Big South and Great West form a Blue/Gray Conference. I was serious, too. But...can't happen now, the GW is dead next year.

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Well, Ill be commissioner. Ok. no civil war. we'll work on the name.

What you mean, FCS teams cant move up as a whole to FBS. I thought this was AMERICA!

Silenoz
November 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I'm no lawyer, but if someone tried to do it and sued the NCAA...

RabidRabbit
November 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Well, Ill be commissioner. Ok. no civil war. we'll work on the name.

What you mean, FCS teams cant move up as a whole to FBS. I thought this was AMERICA!

This may be AMERICA, but it's the NCAA that has the rules that all schools here are trying to follow.

BisonBacker
November 7th, 2011, 04:55 PM
This may be AMERICA, but it's the NCAA that has the rules that all schools here are trying to follow.

Well almost all schools xrolleyesx ;)

Pant8her
November 7th, 2011, 04:59 PM
what? no. why? Wofford isn't moving up and those "Northern" teams weren't even states or even territories during the Civil War

FYI, Iowa actually was a state during the war of Northern Aggression (aka US Civil War 1861-1865).

Personally if "Lakes" and his kin want to move to FBS GO FOR-IT .

I like to probablity of playing for a NC rather than gifting by the polls for the "theoretical NC" xsmhx

Dont Hate, Just Appreciate,
Good Football,
Peace

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
FYI, Iowa actually was a state during the war of Northern Aggression (aka US Civil War 1861-1865).

Personally if "Lakes" and his kin want to move to FBS GO FOR-IT .

I like to probablity of playing for a NC rather than gifting by the polls for the "theoretical NC" xsmhx

Dont Hate, Just Appreciate,
Good Football,
Peace

Lakes is on an island by himself, wishing NDSU was on NCAA Football 2012 for PS3.

darell1976
November 7th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Well almost all schools xrolleyesx ;)

xlolx

darell1976
November 7th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Lakes is on an island by himself, wishing NDSU was on NCAA Football 2012 for PS3.

They are on mine...teambuilder.easports.comxthumbsupx

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM

Haha, you know what I mean...there's quite a few built rosters out there.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Also, do you have them in the B1G replacing Minnesota? :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
There are entire memberships of nut huts across America that look at Lakes and say to themselves "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

MplsBison
November 7th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I'm no lawyer, but if someone tried to do it and sued the NCAA...

Yeah, Montana should sue the NCAA, a private association to which it voluntarily belongs, because the NCAA's rules, which Montana voluntarily abides by as part of its voluntary membership, do not allow such a move.

Open and shut case right there.

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Ok. 2 points here, there are only 8 good teams in the FCS, its such a small sample, Why not move to FBS and actually be talked about across the nation??

No_Skill
November 7th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Ok. 2 points here, there are only 8 good teams in the FCS, its such a small sample, Why not move to FBS and actually be talked about across the nation??

...so the goal is to be talked about?

I'm with you on moving up EVENTUALLY (many many years), but we have to do it for the right reasons.

...money.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Because they wouldn't be talked about across the nation. Why can't you get that through your thick head? There isn't a single school in the top of the FCS that is big enough to get into a power conference, look how long Boise State took to be legitimate. I live less than a mile from Ohio Stadium which seats 5 times the amount of the Fargodome. Within 2-3 hrs from here are Ohio University, Toledo, and Akron. Nobody gives a crap about those schools, only Ohio State. You look all over the country, smaller FBS schools are only cared about regionally, just like FCS. I'm proud to have grown up in Fargo and have NDSU as my alma mater but nobody else cares.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM

There it is! That need so many fans have to be recognized! Of course you won't be any more recognized than the other also rans that can not compete financially but you'll feel better about yourself through your universities perceived recognition.

I'm just gonna be happy being a fan of my team that competes at the level which doesn't strain it's resources financially along with a lot of other people that like the University and the team because they have an actual connection to it.

The beauty of it is if you go you will be far less respected by many, many more people. I can't wait to see the reaction you would have to that.xlolx

cbarrier90
November 7th, 2011, 07:13 PM

If that's the case, for Citdog's sake, The Citadel must be included...

boonegoon
November 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM

That's a good point. F the NCAA, call up Trump and that guy who owns the mavericks and let's start our own thing. Like the WWE to the NWA!

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2011, 07:20 PM
That's a good point. F the NCAA, call up Trump and that guy who owns the mavericks and let's start our own thing. Like the WWE to the NWA!

Bring back the XFL and Chattown can be renamed "He Hate Me".

MTfan4life
November 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM

How many people across the nation talk about Idaho? Florida Atlantic? Eastern Michigan? did you even know Akron had a football program? Sure there are opportunities to become like Boise State, but that's only one outcome out of many. I'd rather my team be competing annually with similar schools than be some obscure MAC or WAC or Sun Belt program.

Twentysix
November 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Dakota territory was formed before the civil war started... where is citdog when you need him..., What are they teaching you at that confederate school? Is it like how germans learn about WWII?

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
this conference would be much better than the lower tier'ed FBS teams like Mac, Sunbelt. This CWC would be ranked ahead of those 2 right away.

Some good basketball with those teams as well!

NDSU has no competition in FBS except for Minnesota which we already can beat. NDSU could be the Boise State/Gonzaga of the North!

DJOM
November 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Speaking of North v South---You are aware that most football fields are traditionally laid out North to South--or South to North depending on your point of view. Historically this was done to honor those who lost their lives in the Civil War.

BisonBacker
November 7th, 2011, 09:01 PM
this conference would be much better than the lower tier'ed FBS teams like Mac, Sunbelt. This CWC would be ranked ahead of those 2 right away.

Some good basketball with those teams as well!

NDSU has no competition in FBS except for Minnesota which we already can beat. NDSU could be the Boise State/Gonzaga of the North!
Ok so you never answered my question so I can only assume you are practicing this and have honed your stupidity to levels not seen before.

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 09:12 PM
you are NOT a bisonbacker if you think NDSU cant compete at the FBS level, or your a stick in the mud from the 80's. Get over it, PEOPLE ACROSS AMERICA DONT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT FCS TEAMS>

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM
you are NOT a bisonbacker if you think NDSU cant compete at the FBS level, or your a stick in the mud from the 80's. Get over it, PEOPLE ACROSS AMERICA DONT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT FCS TEAMS>

You clearly don't know squat if you think that NDSU could compete at FBS. They would have to add at least 15 million dollars to their budget (a 100% increase) to compete on the low end of FBS schools. I don't know why I keep feeding the troll but he just keeps giving me those puppy dog eyes.

F350KINGRANCH
November 7th, 2011, 09:30 PM
sam lighten up enjoy the success, ndsu sucked in the mid 90s when we were actually in school. you have no dog in this fight. do what i and everyone else our age does, go to the game, enjoy the show for as long as the show is good, and quit making an *** out of yourself on message boards. leave that to the students that are 20 years younger than you. you may read these forums and think you are funny, but no one is laughing with you they are laughing at you!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2011, 09:34 PM
You clearly don't know squat if you think that NDSU could compete at FBS. They would have to add at least 15 million dollars to their budget (a 100% increase) to compete on the low end of FBS schools. I don't know why I keep feeding the troll but he just keeps giving me those puppy dog eyes.

Oh, no doubt about it. It must be like having a child and you keep trying to teach him that pooping his pants in public will always end up an embarrassing predicament but he just gets so excited he forgets the details of the talks you've had.

Of course he's 18 now and we've done all we could so all that is left to do now is just point and laugh with the rest of the crowd.

If you look at it like that this a deep, deep, deep well of humor.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM
sam lighten up enjoy the success, ndsu sucked in the mid 90s when we were actually in school. you have no dog in this fight. do what i and everyone else our age does, go to the game, enjoy the show for as long as the show is good, and quit making an *** out of yourself on message boards. leave that to the students that are 20 years younger than you. you may read these forums and think you are funny, but no one is laughing with you they are laughing at you!!!!

Well heck you snuck that one in on me but it is exactly what I was referring to so quite timely on your part.

F350KINGRANCH
November 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
well than boost my rep i am up to a whopping 16 posts in five years

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 09:50 PM
yea. real tough guy using my name on here, he must be proud. he made zero sense whatsoever. this is 2012, not the 90's.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Hey, this is about having some fun so let's not be outing anyone over some silly discussions that shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone when we're just screwing around.

Someone wants to put their own name out there that is up to them but let's leave it as far as it has gone so far which is really nowhere yet. Leave it there.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2011, 09:56 PM
well than boost my rep i am up to a whopping 16 posts in five years

Are you sure you are not confusing the rep with the post count? If not then that is an odd coincidence.

F350KINGRANCH
November 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM
wasnt trying to come off as tough just sensible. re read my post it makes perfect sense LAKESBISON

LakesBison
November 7th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Ranch dude, ive never seen you before, no use prodding lakes the legend.
Im from minnetonka, it would be nice to be fbs guess we need to win this title first

BisonBacker
November 8th, 2011, 08:52 AM

I prefer to live in Reality, you may want to join us sometime. You might actually enjoy it. Otherwise continue on living in your own little world xoopsx where you "get all the *****es" xlolx and "travel all over" xbowxor "enjoy your tickets to every professional sporting event"xthumbsupx known to mankind as you clearly live the life of the rich and famous xcoffeex over all us "old sticks in the mud from the 80's"

Now back to reality... I never knew they gave the inmates to the looney bin internet priviliges xlolx

LakesBison
November 9th, 2011, 11:59 PM
still only 8-10 good teams in the FCS.

Unbison
November 10th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I prefer to live in Reality, you may want to join us sometime. You might actually enjoy it. Otherwise continue on living in your own little world xoopsx where you "get all the *****es" xlolx and "travel all over" xbowxor "enjoy your tickets to every professional sporting event"xthumbsupx known to mankind as you clearly live the life of the rich and famous xcoffeex over all us "old sticks in the mud from the 80's"

Now back to reality... I never knew they gave the inmates to the looney bin internet priviliges xlolx
now reality.............hmm backer i am not sure you are allowed to challenge anyone elses reality.........you are a stick in the mud period end of story.........get over yourself you are no better then him.........you are also all over the internet yelling your opinion as though it were fact

darell1976
November 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
now reality.............hmm backer i am not sure you are allowed to challenge anyone elses reality.........you are a stick in the mud period end of story.........get over yourself you are no better then him.........you are also all over the internet yelling your opinion as though it were fact

BisonBacker's reality is one of the best coming from NDSU fans the rest are about to jump on Lakes' FBS wagon..or should I say the BS Wagon.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
BisonBacker's reality is one of the best coming from NDSU fans the rest are about to jump on Lakes' FBS wagon..or should I say the BS Wagon.

That's just stupid. Lakes is clearly an outlier and you know it.

GoBlue06
November 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
No UD? Really? One of the best teams in all of FCS but there not in there? yet Montana St is?! REALLY!

BisonBacker
November 10th, 2011, 08:41 AM

Hey you want to defend that lunatic? Knock yourself out but he's an embarassment to NDSU, it's fans and anyone who supports NDSU. Carry on.

Bison06
November 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Why is nobody stating the obvious here? I am as big an NDSU fan as anyone, but can we really consider ourselves one of the best 8 teams in the nation at this point?

This year, of course, but over the long haul we haven't proven that...YET. Knowing what I know about NDSU, the alumni and fan support, our tradition and everything else that makes NDSU great within 5-10 it will be unanimous that we are among the elite in FCS. But for now let's take it easy on that kind of talk, we are the new guy and haven't really proven anything in the playoffs yet.

This year we are going to change that.

NHwildEcat
November 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
6. Lehigh 8-1 536 7
7. Montana 8-2 525 8
9 Wofford
James Madison

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

Where is UD and UNH? Pretty sure they are constants in the FCS landscape...I think you need to broaden your knowledge before you begin to leave out teams. Especially the program with the longest playoff streak in the nation...just saying.

UD77
November 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
still only 8-10 good teams in the FCS.

This year, maybe. But mostly a different list last year.

Walkon79
November 10th, 2011, 10:05 AM
No UD? Really? One of the best teams in all of FCS but there not in there? yet Montana St is?! REALLY!

We are talking THIS year, Right?

NHwildEcat
November 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
We are talking THIS year, Right?

That isn't how he labeled it...in fact he wasn't specific regarding when these teams are or would be considered the best.

Walkon79
November 10th, 2011, 10:29 AM
My bad. I just assumed we were talking 2011. Historically leaving these two out would be assinine. And you're right MSU hasn't proved anything...yet. Definitely a team on the rise though. We need to make a few playoff runs to be considered upper echelon, I agree.

BisonBacker
November 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Why is nobody stating the obvious here? I am as big an NDSU fan as anyone, but can we really consider ourselves one of the best 8 teams in the nation at this point?

This year, of course, but over the long haul we haven't proven that...YET. Knowing what I know about NDSU, the alumni and fan support, our tradition and everything else that makes NDSU great within 5-10 it will be unanimous that we are among the elite in FCS. But for now let's take it easy on that kind of talk, we are the new guy and haven't really proven anything in the playoffs yet.

Thank You Bison06 for a voice of reason.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM

I was gonna point that out early on but thought that it would steer the conversation right back to the old arguments that have been kicking Lakes in the nuts for a few years now. NDSU is strong right now, has done some real good things, but Lakes likes to cherry pick certain elements and put them forth as if NDSU is the only team that has ever done these things.

He quickly finds out that it is not nearly as special as he thinks and that other good teams have done it before NDSU came along.

He is an absolute master of overstating positives while minimizing negatives...or even flat out ignoring them.

LakesBison
November 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I agree with Delaware being included perhaps, maybe newhampshire, but who do you remove? or do you want 10 good teams?

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

Im going to IGNORE bisonbacker & ursus they both wrong in their assessment of lakesbison.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I agree with Delaware being included perhaps, maybe newhampshire, but who do you remove? or do you want 10 good teams?

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

Im going to IGNORE bisonbacker & ursus they both wrong in their assessment of lakesbison.

I understand that. In the bizarrow world I am often wrong. You are one crazy SOB and I truly do apprecite that.

NDSU_grad
November 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM

You mean like Penn State?

BisonBacker
November 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM
You mean like Penn State?

You mean State Penn?

Wildcat80
November 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
6. Lehigh 8-1 536 7
7. Montana 8-2 525 8
9 Wofford
James Madison

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

Not sure I understand this post??? If you include Lehigh...you HAVE to include UNH!! UNH fans are not real sure we have a NC quality defense BUT as long as we keep WINNING we do not care! Beat Towson!!

Appaholic
November 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM

North:
NDSU
UNI
MONTANA
MONTANA STATE

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
APPALACHIAN STATE
WOFFORD
JAMES MADISON.

The one with the least amount of playoff appearances....

darell1976
November 11th, 2011, 08:48 AM
The one with the least amount of playoff appearances....

xlolxxlolx