PDA

View Full Version : College Sports Journal: Incredible EKU Comeback Turns OVC Championship On Its Head

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/83-incredible-eastern-kentucky-comeback-turns-ovc-championship-on-its-head

By Chuck Burton
Publisher/Managing Editor
College Sports Journal

Up by 24 points with 7:25 to go, Jacksonville State head coach Jack Crowe thought he had the win in hand.

Who wouldn't?

But down by 24 with 7:25 to go, and a realistic chance at the OVC title and FCS playoff autobid on the line, Eastern Kentucky never stopped believing.

The Colonels worked hard and battled back, and the end result was a thrilling, improbable, 52-48 road win by the Colonels that changed the whole OVC title race in just over seven minutes of game time.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2011, 04:47 PM
If you have ESPN3, it's really worth catching the replay.

http://www.espn3.com

Bam
November 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
What a game!!!! TTU next.

bjtheflamesfan
November 6th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Here are the scenarios for the autobid as I see it in the OVC:

Jacksonville State wins the autobid:
Wins last two games (@ SE Missouri State, @ Tennessee State)
Eastern Kentucky loses its last two games (vs. Tennesse Tech, vs. Tennessee-Martin)
Tennessee Tech loses its season finale vs. Austin Peay

Eastern Kentucky wins the autobid:
Wins last two games (vs. Tennessee Tech, vs. Tennessee-Martin)
OR
Wins either of its last two games AND Jacksonville State loses either of its last two games

Tennessee Tech wins the autobid:
Wins its last two games (@ Eastern Kentucky, vs. Austin Peay)

Tennessee-Martin wins the autobid:
Wins its last two games (@ Tennessee State, @ Eastern Kentucky)
Eastern Kentucky beats Tennessee Tech

Redhawk2010
November 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
As much as I hate EKU, I definitely hate Jacksonville State more. So glad the 'cocks can't beat EKU!

TTUEagles
November 6th, 2011, 08:06 PM
If Jacksonville State and UT-Martin win out, wouldn't Jacksonville State get the autobid (if TTU doesn't) since it defeated UTM?

bjtheflamesfan
November 6th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Only if TTU does not win out. If they win out and TTU wins out TTU would get the auto due to wins over both Jacksonville State and Tennessee-Martin. Any three way combination of TTU, JSU, EKU and UTM finishing 6-2 I believe would favor the Golden Eagles except a three way tie between EKU, JSU and UTM (which likely means TTU is 5-3)

Reign of Terrier
November 6th, 2011, 08:20 PM
What does the conference look like in terms of teams' potential to get to 7 D1 wins?

bjtheflamesfan
November 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
EKU needs 1 (all D1 schedule)
TTU needs 2 (Maryville is D2 I think)
JSU needs 2 (All D1 schedule)
UTM needs 2 (Union College non D1)
MSU *not in contention* needs 2 (all D1 schedule)

ekufbfan
November 6th, 2011, 09:42 PM
RedhawK: Hate EKU? Why? Did not know there was any hated rivalry there other than being conference opponents and natural rivals on game day.

colonelblitz
November 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM
What a game to see in person.. replay was even better.. Go Colonels beat TTU..xnodx