PDA

View Full Version : The Doughnut Bracket Projections! 11/6

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Teams with an inauspicious zero in their records battle it out to avoid relegation to Division II!

Charleston Southern (0-4, 0-9) at Columbia (0-5, 0-8)
Northern Colorado (0-7, 0-10) at Valparaiso (0-6, 0-9)

Consolation:

Nicholls St. (0-5, 1-8) at Fordham (0-4, 1-8)

The winners are eliminated from the bracket.

Bogus Megapardus
November 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I'm now informed by the Committee that the 0-fer grand champion is GUARANTEED to be rejected for a date by none other than the lovely Kate Upton, the fabulous Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model. As an added bonus for achieving the height of futility, this year the Committee, for the first time ever, can assure the eventual Champion that Kate won't even call back.

JSUBison
November 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I think Valpo has lost something like 30 in a row. They are my pick to win?/lose? it all.

BisonFan02
November 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Talk about the pillow fight of the century, would either Northern Colorado or Valpo want to win that one? Final score, 2-0 Northern Colorado.

MTfan4life
November 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I think that's a little harsh that Valpo gets a home game. They still lose by 40.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Valpo went 0-11 last year. They were 1-10 in 2009 with their only victory against NAIA Concordia. You have to go all the way back to 11/15 2008 for Valpo's last D1 win, which was against the mighty Campbell Camels. Valpo's last win over a scholarship D1 team was in 1999 vs. Robert Morris.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I think we know why the Big Sky wanted Northern Colorado and not NDSU.

UAalum72
November 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Valpo went 0-11 last year. They were 1-10 in 2009 with their only victory against NAIA Concordia. You have to go all the way back to 11/15 2008 for Valpo's last D1 win, which was against the mighty Campbell Camels. Valpo's last win over a scholarship D1 team was in 1999 vs. Robert Morris.Robert Morris would have been non-scholarship in 1999. Valpo beat St. Francis in 2003 when the NEC MAY have just begun need-based aid ( don't remember the exact year). Otherwise I don't see a win against a Division I scholarship team since Ball State in 1964 - which was 'NCAA College Division' then, so maybe not even then.
http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/valpo.htm

BlueHenSinfonian
November 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Robert Morris would have been non-scholarship in 1999. Valpo beat St. Francis in 2003 when the NEC MAY have just begun need-based aid ( don't remember the exact year). Otherwise I don't see a win against a Division I scholarship team since Ball State in 1964 - which was 'NCAA College Division' then, so maybe not even then.
http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/valpo.htm

Thanks for the update. I must have missed the SFPA game, and I assumed the NEC had always been limited scholarship.

Looking at the Valpo site their football team has pretty much always been a basement dweller in the modern era, but their basketball team, while not dominant, is at least average for the conference (not sure how strong the Horizon league is). They have a long football history, and even if they don't want to invest much into it and prefer to play in the PFL it's surprising they haven't had any success against similar schools.

darell1976
November 6th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I hope these teams know that Suck for Luck is only for the NFL...not the FCS.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the update. I must have missed the SFPA game, and I assumed the NEC had always been limited scholarship.

Looking at the Valpo site their football team has pretty much always been a basement dweller in the modern era, but their basketball team, while not dominant, is at least average for the conference (not sure how strong the Horizon league is). They have a long football history, and even if they don't want to invest much into it and prefer to play in the PFL it's surprising they haven't had any success against similar schools.

The NEC went limited scholly around 2007, so it has been much longer than 1999!