PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan/AnyGivenSaturday.com Game of the Week: Week12

bjtheflamesfan
November 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
This is it fans...the final week...if you have any hopes of making the playoffs, this is your last stand. You know the rules by now...but we're going to start things off a little differently:

I nominate Liberty vs. Stony Brook

Nominated:

Seconded:
Harvard vs. Yale
Montana-Montana State-5
Liberty vs. Stony Brook
Illinois State vs. Northern Iowa
North Dakota vs. South Dakota
Maine vs. New Hampshire

Bogus Megapardus
November 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I nominate Harvard vs. Yale

Twentysix
November 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Second Harvard vs yale.

Nominate Illinois State vs UNI.

FargoBison
November 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I nominate Montana-Montana State

Twentysix
November 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Second

FargoBison
Nominate Illinois State vs UNI.

Second

Bogus Megapardus
I second Liberty vs Stony Brook

MSUBobcat
November 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I second Montana @ Montana State. 111th Brawl of the Wild between two Top 10 teams for the Big Sky AQ. So you have rivalry, 2 top ranked teams and a conference title in the balance. What could be bigger than that trifecta?

BisonFan02
November 6th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Second "The Brawl" Montana @ Montana State

darell1976
November 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I nominate: South Dakota at North Dakota. Old rivals play each other for the last time in the same conference, and possible GWFC title on the line. If UND beats UC Davis both UND and USD will be fighting to share the title with Cal Poly.

MTfan4life
November 6th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I nominate: South Dakota at North Dakota. Old rivals play each other for the last time in the same conference, and possible GWFC title on the line. If UND beats UC Davis both UND and USD will be fighting to share the title with Cal Poly.

Haha, every week with this stuff! I nominate Maine vs. New Hampshire. It could be for the conference title and also with two playoff teams. Not as legit as SD/ND, but it'll be pretty big.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM

another second on this.

bjtheflamesfan
November 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
now MT, he has just as much right to nominate his game as you do yours...

Twentysix
November 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Second UND USD

darell1976
November 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Second UND USD

Thanks 26!xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I nominate Sam Houston vs. Northwestern State.

FargoBison
November 6th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Haha, every week with this stuff! I nominate Maine vs. New Hampshire. It could be for the conference title and also with two playoff teams. Not as legit as SD/ND, but it'll be pretty big.

second UNH-Maine

bjtheflamesfan
November 6th, 2011, 08:45 PM
alright guys...if Im not mistaken now comes the fun part...the most unique seconds for any of the games (except Montana-Montana State unless every game gets 5 "seconds") will make the poll (nominations/seconds close at 12 noon Tuesday)

Bearkat-Backer
November 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I nominate Sam Houston vs. Northwestern State.

I second SHSU vs. Northwestern State.

bjtheflamesfan
November 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
We've now got 7 games for consideration for this week's poll. Remember nominations/seconds close tomorrow at noon...now UAH refresh my memory, would we just include all seven or are we gonna need this mass tie broken somehow?

344Johnson
November 8th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I "sixth" Montana-Montana State. Big rivalry game...a Montana Win could unseed Montana State and maybe seed Montana. A Montana State win could make Montana have a first round game.

Sorry Darrell, I can't give any love to the UND-USD game because it is not overly important to anyone outside of Grand Forks or Vermillion because neither squad is having a good year and neither can make the playoffs.

darell1976
November 8th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I "sixth" Montana-Montana State. Big rivalry game...a Montana Win could unseed Montana State and maybe seed Montana. A Montana State win could make Montana have a first round game.

Sorry Darrell, I can't give any love to the UND-USD game because it is not overly important to anyone outside of Grand Forks or Vermillion because neither squad is having a good year and neither can make the playoffs.

No problem, I can see Montana-Montana State bigger with more on the line than just a conference title.

Bearkat-Backer
November 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I second SHSU vs. Northwestern State.

Oops! this is a week 11 game.

bjtheflamesfan
November 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
That has been thusly fixed...Just to make things easier Im gonna include all 6 remaining games so we can get the maximum voting time (and since nobody made an additional second on any other game).

bjtheflamesfan
November 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Poll is now up...closes at 3:34 on Saturday afternoon

putter
November 8th, 2011, 05:13 PM
UM/MSU is on the 19th so this weekend I would say Stoney Brook and Liberty. We will see if Liberty is for real

bjtheflamesfan
November 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM
All these games are on the 19th putter...Montana-Montana State and Liberty Stony Brook are the only games for autobids on the schedule among the poll options

putter
November 9th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Ah, gotcha. my bad I got the dates incorrect on the other games!

GATA_Eagles
November 9th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hope to see Montana upset Montana State.

footballer23
November 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Gotta go with Montana-Montana State... it's gonna be a helluva game. Montana wants revenge and the Bobcats want to be seeded. This game is going to be a rivalry on steroids.

Griz4ever
November 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hope to see Montana upset Montana State.

Montana beating Montana State is not considered an upset..Overall record 69-36-5...

MSUBobcat
November 13th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Montana beating Montana State is not considered an upset..Overall record 69-36-5...

Right, cuz overall record gets you bonus points that will factor in the final score. How does that formula go again? Is it 1/10 pt times the W-L differential? xrolleyesx Nice 1st comment on AGS.

I'd say the fact that the Bobcats will be ranked in the top 2, possibly #1 after NDSU's loss, and that the game is in Bozeman is why pretty much everyone considers the Bobcats the favorites. Even if you want to use the past, I seem to remember the last time a Bobcat freshman QB won in Missoula, he also beat the Griz in Bozeman both years. xnodx

putter
November 13th, 2011, 09:02 PM
No doubt the Griz will be the underdog. Playing #1 on the road in this huge rivalry game. Will be a great, and cold, few hours in Bozo.....