vs. CAA 0-5
vs. FBS Independents 0-1
vs. Ivy 9-7
vs. MEAC 1-0
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. NEC 5-0
vs. PFL 3-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)
(These are not the “official” standings because Fordham is included.)

Lehigh 4-0, 8-1
Georgetown 4-1, 8-2
Bucknell 2-2, 5-4
Holy Cross 2-2, 4-5
Lafayette 2-2, 4-5
Colgate 1-4, 4-6
Fordham* 0-4, 1-8

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

Bogus Megapardus
November 5th, 2011, 11:43 PM
As always, predictions only, please. No unnecessary, superfluous commentary.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Is it really going to be Biddle's last season?

Why did Eachus not make the trip?

So many questions.

Ivytalk
November 6th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Bucknell

Pards Rule
November 6th, 2011, 06:17 AM

So many questions.

How many years for Dick? Wow, I recall as a senior in Oct 1983 looking at the game program at Fisher and seing Dunlap was coach at Gate in his 15th season (at that point, 70% of my life!) and thinking "wow, thats a long time!" Would he take over the AD post - does Dunlap still have that slot?

RichH2
November 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Superfluous is a concept foreign to PL threads. Shame on you Bogie for trying to stifle PL intellectual expansiveness.

That said price of gas going up again and wife signed us up for another damn cruise.

Oh, Cross -Pards , Well which Pard team will show up? Think Cross deflated Pards win easy
Bison over clueless Rams

LU in a nailbiter over Hoyas'

carney2
November 6th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Answers to oh so many questions:

Eachus is still suffering concussion symptoms from a few weeks ago. Given this "fact," one has to ask how he was cleared to play last week against Lehigh.

Fred Dunlap is deceased.

There is nothing but the wildest speculation to indicate that this will be Biddle's last season. In fact, given that he is an honors graduate of the Dick Cheney School of Communications, he will be gone for five years before anyone knows about it. Could he actually be retired an living in Arizona as we speak? Hmmmmmm...

RichH2
November 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Close Carney,Biddle actually left 2 years ago

LehighGuy
November 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Answers to oh so many questions:

Fred Dunlap is deceased.

If Fred Dunlap is dead....I must have imagined seeing him at Goodman earlier this season.

ColgateTD
November 6th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Biddle's contract is through 2013.

Scuttlebutt is that Eachus will be back next season; redshirted this season. With McCarney at QB, Biddle could be back in the saddle again..:)

Franks Tanks
November 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Scuttlebutt is that Eachus will be back next season; redshirted this season. With McCarney at QB, Biddle could be back in the saddle again..:)

Eachus can't redshirt. He plaed too many game, and too far into the season.

crusader11
November 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Eachus won't redshirt.

I was surprised when he played after missing a few games early in the year...assumed that Colgate would shut him down for the year and bring him back for a 5th year.

colorless raider
November 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM

Sader87
November 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM
It's basketball season....did you know that we were invited to be a member of the Big East Conference in 1978?

RichH2
November 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM
87,you're a few days early but what the heck. You guys have an excellent D , not surprising with gilmore as HC. O - No deep threat to open field,no speed in rbs, inconsistent OL, wrs average at best ,Qb sevicable but not up to carrying a team to a win.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Had HC had a more consistent QB, I think you guys could have been making plans for after Thanksgiving.

van
November 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Had HC had a more consistent QB, I think you guys could have been making plans for after Thanksgiving.

I did not see Taggert missing many open receivers, receivers did not get open.

Sader87
November 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Taggart has been "off' for whatever reason the last month or so...I couldn't tell from my laptop how open guys were getting but the WR's adjusted a few times to make great grabs. The WR corps is by far HC's greatest offensive asset. We couldn't run the ball though...whether this is a problem with the OL or our backs or both I'm not 100% certain. Funny team this year (and a victim of a tough schedule) at times they looked like world-beaters...relatively easy wins over Harvard and a then healthy Eachus/Colgate, tied at UNH with under 2 minutes etc. etc. and then there were many Saturdays like yesterday where the offense couldn't get out of its own way.

crusader11
November 6th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Agree. Too many passes were off the mark.

Also, although that spot of the 4th down scamper was terrible, Taggart has to lower the shoulder and dive for that first down. Under NO circumstances can you run out of bounds and come up short of the first down; that was inexcusable. Don't leave it to the spot.

Southsider
November 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM
How many years for Dick? Wow, I recall as a senior in Oct 1983 looking at the game program at Fisher and seing Dunlap was coach at Gate in his 15th season (at that point, 70% of my life!) and thinking "wow, thats a long time!" Would he take over the AD post - does Dunlap still have that slot?

Dunlap's last season at Lehigh was 1975. So, check your math. Anyway, years have a way of making us all dumber!

van
November 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Taggart has been "off' for whatever reason the last month or so...I couldn't tell from my laptop how open guys were getting but the WR's adjusted a few times to make great grabs. The WR corps is by far HC's greatest offensive asset. We couldn't run the ball though...whether this is a problem with the OL or our backs or both I'm not 100% certain. Funny team this year (and a victim of a tough schedule) at times they looked like world-beaters...relatively easy wins over Harvard and a then healthy Eachus/Colgate, tied at UNH with under 2 minutes etc. etc. and then there were many Saturdays like yesterday where the offense couldn't get out of its own way.

HC ran as well against Lehigh as anyone. Lehigh D is just stout against the run.

ngineer
November 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM

So many questions.

No, and Nate wanted to get a jump on early Christmas shopping.

ngineer
November 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM

Fred's been retired a few years already.

Pards Rule
November 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Dunlap's last season at Lehigh was 1975. So, check your math. Anyway, years have a way of making us all dumber!

I meant with Colgate - at that point I had no idea he used to be at Lehigh. Russo was in only his 3rd season in Easton in 1983. Coaches didnt usually last that long at any one college - except Paterno (and this Sandusky thing may finish that up this year).

ngineer
November 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM

Eachus can't redshirt "this season". He's played too many games and too far into the season.

ngineer
November 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I think Holy Cross will win at home. If it were in Easton I'd give the edge to LC. Close game regardless. Holy Cross 20-17.
Bison get another 'W' in the notch for the year as Fordham begins it's final swirl around the bowl. Bucknell 28-14.
Lehigh will come out much better focused than last week with all the weather related distractions. I'm sensing a solid win as they see the finish line. Lehigh 31-13.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Where is this Biddle talk coming from? He is going nowhere.

carney2
November 6th, 2011, 08:46 PM
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS – Hoping the underdog shows up.

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH – Hoping the underdog has a chance.

BUCKNELL @ FORDHAM - Hoping the underdog has a team.

Bogus Megapardus
November 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
How can we think about football when there's field hockey to be played?

RichH2
November 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
How can we think about football when there's field hockey to be played?

Congrats on Pard fieldhockey win.guess itproves whatmany have always thought Pard girls are tougher than the Pard boys

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Please please Georgetown win. But it's not happening so why wish?

Maybe it's better to have LU win because they might get soft in the last game.

TheValleyRaider
November 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM
2-1. Tough week with little margin of error left. Up to 37-12 on the season

Lafayette at Holy Cross Holy Cross Crusaders stumbling towards the end of the season, Leopards seem to be gaining some steam. On the other hand, neither team has anything to look forward to after next weekend. As I get the impression the Cross doesn't quite register in Lafayette's consciousness the way Colgate and/or Lehigh does, and its in Worcester, we'll take the Crusaders

Georgetown at Lehigh Lehigh The Patriot League title comes down to the Hoyas and Hawks. Georgetown is enjoying a revitalized season, while the Hawks have been steadily maintaining expectations throughout the year. It would be too easy to just pick Lehigh on the fact that I think they've been the better team all year long (though I believe that to be the case), or because the game is in Bethlehem, but really that's what I have to go on. Personally, I would prefer to see the Hoyas grab the autobid, as I'm guessing a 9-2 Lehigh gets an at-large, but this is about being right, so I'll take the Hawks

Bucknell at Fordham Bucknell Not too much to say with this one. The Bison have been generating turnovers, but can't seem to score. At least that's something though, as the Rams have been unable to generate pretty much anything. With attention in Lewisburg turning to basketball (if it hasn't already), Bucknell takes advantage of the league's bottom-feeder, and grabs another victory

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Raider, Cross registers in our concious very well. Our last five meetings have been duels and the last we dropped in bizarre fashion; two were by missed XPs. We will not overlook them like maybe Bucknell. And we really proved something to ourselves last week. Lehigh is a bowl game so we are focused for the last two.

Go...gate
November 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Holy Cross 26, Lafayette 21

Lehigh 30, Georgetown 20

Fordham 20, Bucknell 16

Idle @ Colgate - pick 'em.

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Nominations are open. Here's a starter kit:

Team of the Year: Lehigh

Flop of the Year: Fordham

Offensive Player of the Year: Chris Lum, Lehigh

Defensive Player of the Year: ?

Coach of the Year: Kevin Kelly, Georgetown

Coach on the Hot Seat: Tom Masella, Fordham

Worst Football Related Administrative Decision: Georgetown's decision to ban visiting team telecasts so that they could live up to their Verizon FIOS contract to never televise tape delays.

Your turn.

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM
For those of you who are unaware, Lafayette's Frank Tavani has suspended sophomore running back Patrick Mputu for the second time this season, this time for cutting classes. Mputu was originally suspended for the first 4 games of the season for being involved in a marijuana use incident. That suspension also included two other players. Class attendance is a "must" for Lafayette football players, and Mputu has again been suspended "indefinitely." Most are expecting that, this being the running back's second brush with the Law of Tavani this year, he will not play again in 2011.

It is interesting to note that Mputu was suspended on the eve of the Colgate game. His brother, Jonathon, is a wide receiver for the Red raiders and the parents were planning to make the trip from Florida for the game. Tavani allegedly told Patrick to sit in the stands with his family. The parents ultimately decided not to make the trip, but are reportedly supporting Tavani in this.

Mputu missed all of this year's spring practice to deal with academic issues, and the Allentown Morning Call's Lafayette beat writer, Paul Reinhard, is asking if this might not be some sort of a strike three for the young man.

CFBfan
November 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Nominations are open. Here's a starter kit:

Team of the Year: Lehigh

Flop of the Year: Fordham

Offensive Player of the Year: Chris Lum, Lehigh

Defensive Player of the Year: ?

Coach of the Year: Kevin Kelly, Georgetown

Coach on the Hot Seat: Tom Masella, Fordham

Worst Football Related Administrative Decision: Georgetown's decision to ban visiting team telecasts so that they could live up to their Verizon FIOS contract to never televise tape delays.

Your turn.

I think that GU DE Andrew Schatzke deserves consideration

Franks Tanks
November 8th, 2011, 08:35 AM
For those of you who are unaware, Lafayette's Frank Tavani has suspended sophomore running back Patrick Mputu for the second time this season, this time for cutting classes. Mputu was originally suspended for the first 4 games of the season for being involved in a marijuana use incident. That suspension also included two other players. Class attendance is a "must" for Lafayette football players, and Mputu has again been suspended "indefinitely." Most are expecting that, this being the running back's second brush with the Law of Tavani this year, he will not play again in 2011.

It is interesting to note that Mputu was suspended on the eve of the Colgate game. His brother, Jonathon, is a wide receiver for the Red raiders and the parents were planning to make the trip from Florida for the game. Tavani allegedly told Patrick to sit in the stands with his family. The parents ultimately decided not to make the trip, but are reportedly supporting Tavani in this.

Mputu missed all of this year's spring practice to deal with academic issues, and the Allentown Morning Call's Lafayette beat writer, Paul Reinhard, is asking if this might not be some sort of a strike three for the young man.

He is on super thin ice with Frank. He was eligible for spring practice grade wise, but Frank made him sit out anyway. I suspect it may have been a class attendance issue as well. The young man needs to right the ship immediately if he wants to play for the Leopards again.

RichH2
November 8th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Schatzke definitely a possibility. Groome also. Kelly coach of the year deservedly so. Chris POY for sure. Fordham needs a new coach. They have been bedeiled this year with injuries and youth. Scholarships do not endow 1st year players with magical powers. A new voice at HC will be effective.

CFBfan
November 8th, 2011, 08:42 AM
He is on super thin ice with Frank. He was eligible for spring practice grade wise, but Frank made him sit out anyway. I suspect it may have been a class attendance issue as well. The young man needs to right the ship immediately if he wants to play for the Leopards again.

always a shame when kids/young men piss away great opportinities

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Adding to the nominations:

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette

Defensive Rookie of the Year: ?

C'mon guys, we're not just looking for new nominees in existing categories. How about some new and even outlandish categories. Something like

Worst Game Day Decision by a Patriot League Coach: ?

van
November 8th, 2011, 09:23 AM
How about a nominee for best chalkboard?

Best avatar?

RichH2
November 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Pundit of the year.
"The Fan" of the year

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 09:41 AM
All of the above are open for nominations.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2011, 09:42 AM

Sorry to hear that Frank has to deal with this. It seems like he's doing all the right things here, though, as evidenced by his tough-love decision to have him not even dress while his brother was on the field. Can't imagine Miles or Saban doing the same, to put it mildly.

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear that Frank has to deal with this. It seems like he's doing all the right things here, though, as evidenced by his tough-love decision to have him not even dress while his brother was on the field. Can't imagine Miles or Saban doing the same, to put it mildly.

Or Biddle, as long as you're naming names.

RichH2
November 8th, 2011, 10:21 AM
True Biddle did not blink even at a felony

ColgateTD
November 8th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Holy Cross - After seeing the Pards last week, my heart says Lafayette; my head says HC gets back their passing O.

Lehigh - "Battle of the Century 2.0" - kudos to G'town for all they accomplished this season, but think the EngineHawks just squeek this one out. Should be a heck of a game.

Bucknell - The Rams are the "Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" - Bison resurgent.

Bye - Almost certain 'Gate can't win this game.......almost.

November 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Can someone advise the correct GPS address for Goodman Stadium; is there handicapped parking? Thanks

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Can someone advise the correct GPS address for Goodman Stadium; is there handicapped parking? Thanks

Try 124 Goodman Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015. That's actually Stabler Arena, which is right next door. Don't know about handicapped parking, but this is the 21st century and I would think they have to provide it.

LBPop
November 8th, 2011, 12:44 PM
2-1.

Georgetown at Lehigh Lehigh The Patriot League title comes down to the Hoyas and Hawks. Georgetown is enjoying a revitalized season, while the Hawks have been steadily maintaining expectations throughout the year. It would be too easy to just pick Lehigh on the fact that I think they've been the better team all year long (though I believe that to be the case), or because the game is in Bethlehem, but really that's what I have to go on.

Expect a nice contingent of Georgetown fans. I know of several coming up from DC, over from Philadelphia, down from NYC. This could be one of those games where the favorite allows the "dog" to hang around for a while and suddenly take the lead. Then the small, but vocal visiting crowd goes nuts and anything can happen.

The best part about this game is that it truly is the PL Championship game. Not too often that it works out that way in a small league. So for Georgetown and Lehigh the playoffs start on Saturday. Wish I could make it.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM

GPS: 40.58622,-75.35270

There's isn't really a parking lot; it's all just parking in the practice fields. I'm sure you could drive up to the entrance to drop someone off. If you call the university, someone will be able to help, I'm sure.

DFW HOYA
November 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM
There's isn't really a parking lot; it's all just parking in the practice fields.

Practice fields? Now there's a foreign concept at Georgetown.

LU73
November 8th, 2011, 01:42 PM
If you are coming from "the back way" from Route 412, just don't let your GPS take by way of High Street or Seidersville Road. I have closed two bridges there within the last year.:D

Engineer86
November 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
If you are coming from "the back way" from Route 412, just don't let your GPS take by way of High Street or Seidersville Road. I have closed two bridges there within the last year.:D

Either they fixed Siedersville or overruled you cause I have gone that way in the past month.

LU73
November 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
You need to avoid only the section between Rt 412 and Creek Road. If either of those bridges are open, someone is in trouble.

ColgateTD
November 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Lehigh - With all due respect to DFW and LBPop I have to go with the EngineHawks due to their overall consistency. Kudos to G'town on their resurgence. The Hoyas will stick around till the end. Should be a heck of a game.

Holy Cross - Despite Carney2 putting the hex on McCarney2.0, - and despite the Pards "Giants-like" comeback in dismantling the 'Gate last week - I have a feeling the Saders' air game will come back to save them.

Bucknell - Fordham is "The Gang That Coudn't Shoot Straight." I see the Bison moving up the charts in the PL the next few years, ergo their play this season means they should handle the Rams.

26-14 so far

The Last Engineer
November 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM
GPS: 40.58622,-75.35270

There's isn't really a parking lot; it's all just parking in the practice fields. I'm sure you could drive up to the entrance to drop someone off. If you call the university, someone will be able to help, I'm sure.

Here's a link to a map of where to find handicapped parking for the Goodman Campus. There is a shuttle bus with wheelchair access that runs continuously between the handicapped parking area and the stadium both before and after the game. Despite what that Leper Bogie said, there are hundreds of paved parking spaces in the area.
http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/AssetManager/traffic%20pattern%20map.pdf

It would be fantastic to have a strong and vocal Georgetown contingent show up. The weather looks favorable and hopefully everyone has recovered from the snowstorm by now. Might be the first time since Colgate in 2008 that we break 10,000 for a non-"that school in Easton" game.

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Practice fields? Now there's a foreign concept at Georgetown.

Which makes sense, because Georgetown has a great foreign service program!xnodx:D

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Which makes sense, because Georgetown has a great foreign service program!xnodx:D

Students at Lehigh require a foreign entry visa when booking travel to their distant playing fields.

van
November 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=The Last Engineer;1718197]Here's a link to a map of where to find handicapped parking for the Goodman Campus. There is a shuttle bus with wheelchair access that runs continuously between the handicapped parking area and the stadium both before and after the game. Despite what that Leper Bogie said, there are hundreds of paved parking spaces in the area.

That handicap parking is for the field house, relatively far from the stadium. They do run a shuttle from the parking lot to the gate, not sure if it can handle a wheelchair though. Best to call the athletic office.

van
November 8th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Students at Lehigh require a foreign entry visa when booking travel to their distant playing fields.

Students at Lafayette require a foreign entry vise when visiting their fraternity.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Students at Lafayette require a foreign entry vise when visiting their fraternity.

You forgot to add extended security check for contraband and filling out customs claim forms.

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 06:49 PM

It's late in the season, IT, and you're beginning to really stretch for these.

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM

So is that football still comfortably atop Bourger?xcoolx

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM

He has nothing better to look forward to since the season ends November 19th in the Ivy, no matter if you have one loss or ten.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Oh no, the team was forced to scale Bourger to get it down as punishment for lack of effort during the following bye week. It worked since we beat Yale.

Pards Rule
November 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM

It slipped down in the snow

carney2
November 8th, 2011, 08:58 PM

Still the unrivaled highlight of the 2011 season.

LUHawker
November 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Expect a nice contingent of Georgetown fans. I know of several coming up from DC, over from Philadelphia, down from NYC. This could be one of those games where the favorite allows the "dog" to hang around for a while and suddenly take the lead. Then the small, but vocal visiting crowd goes nuts and anything can happen.

The best part about this game is that it truly is the PL Championship game. Not too often that it works out that way in a small league. So for Georgetown and Lehigh the playoffs start on Saturday. Wish I could make it.

Many folks are predicting a close game between the Hoyas and the Mtn Hawks. Call it homerism, call it rose-colored glasses, call it whatever you want, but I think Lehigh wins this one going away. I don't think Gtown can score many on Lehigh and I believe that Lehigh's offense will re-emerge after a hiatus against Holy Cross. Both teams have progressed since early in the season - the Hoyas maybe more, but I struggle to see the Hoyas keeping up with the Hawks. Lehigh now has a proven running game to go with the passing game and I expect a heavy dose of Barkett to open up the passing lanes.

Separately, when is Lehigh going to break out the brown on brown unis this year? Is Andy holding out for the Leopards or is he using them early for the PL championship game?

dcf
November 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
My picks for all PL team, as of now. Could obviously change. Thoughts?

Offense
QB – Chris Lum, Lehigh
RB – Nate Eachus, Colgate
RB – Zach Barket, Lehigh
WR – Ryan Spadola, Lehigh
WR – Jake Drwal, Lehigh
TE – Jamel Haggins, Lehigh
OL – Vittorio Ottanelli, Colgate
OL – Jim Liebler, Lehigh
OL – Matt Lippincott, Lehigh
OL – Ian dal Bello, Bucknell
OL – Scott Biel, Lafayette
K – Brett Weiss, Georgetown

Defense
DL – Josh Eden, Bucknell
DL– Robert de la Rosa, Bucknell
DL – Ben Flizack, Lehigh
DL – Andrew Schaetzke, Georgetown
LB – Mike Groome, Lehigh
LB – Robert McCabe, Georgetown
LB – Leroy Butler, Lafayette
DB – Jeremy Moore, Georgetown
DB – Tom Mannix, Holy Cross
DB – Chandler Fenner, Holy Cross
DB – Bryce Robertson, Bucknell
P – Patrick Murray, Fordham

ngineer
November 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM

If you have a handicap placard, you can park right next to the Stadium. Go past Stabler Arena on your right on Goodman Drive. Continue halfway around traffic circle and continue straight. Stadium will be on your left. Make left into driveway to Stadium. Safety personnel will direct where to park.

ngineer
November 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Here's a link to a map of where to find handicapped parking for the Goodman Campus. There is a shuttle bus with wheelchair access that runs continuously between the handicapped parking area and the stadium both before and after the game. Despite what that Leper Bogie said, there are hundreds of paved parking spaces in the area.

It would be fantastic to have a strong and vocal Georgetown contingent show up. The weather looks favorable and hopefully everyone has recovered from the snowstorm by now. Might be the first time since Colgate in 2008 that we break 10,000 for a non-"that school in Easton" game.

We broke it last week. The 9217 attendance report was bogus or they had a bunch of people in the stadium on freebies that 'don't count' but there were about 12,000-13,000 bodies in the stands and horseshoe.

ngineer
November 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM

No, but they do have to take a breathalyzer to take the 'Brown Cows' to the games...which is why the students don't use them. Unbelieveable dunceheads in academia...smh

hawkineer
November 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM

Offense
QB – Chris Lum, Lehigh
RB – Zach Barket, Lehigh
WR – Jake Drwal, Lehigh
OL – Jim Liebler, Lehigh

Defense
DL – Josh Eden, Bucknell
DL – Ben Flizack, Lehigh
LB – Mike Groome, Lehigh
Just a point of contention regarding Eachus. He has had a terrific career, but I'm not sure that he has even played half a season. Given this, I question whether he deserves all league consideration this year. This feels more like a career award than a season award.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2011, 10:57 PM
[/B]

We broke it last week. The 9217 attendance report was bogus or they had a bunch of people in the stadium on freebies that 'don't count' but there were about 12,000-13,000 bodies in the stands and horseshoe.

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/thebrownandwhite/photo/2011/11/10226871-standard.jpg

dcf
November 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Eachus has done well in games against PL competition. If not him, then Tyler Smith of Bucknell

RichH2
November 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Tough call on Eachus, but forthis season Tyler kid seems a fairer choice as of today.

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/thebrownandwhite/photo/2011/11/10226871-standard.jpg

What did the other side look like?

carney2
November 9th, 2011, 09:50 AM

Offense
QB – Chris Lum, Lehigh
RB – Zach Barket, Lehigh
WR – Jake Drwal, Lehigh
OL – Jim Liebler, Lehigh

Defense
DL – Josh Eden, Bucknell
DL – Ben Flizack, Lehigh
LB – Mike Groome, Lehigh

It's probably just me because Scott Biel is a decent player, but I have trouble naming any Lafayette offensive lineman to an all-star team. As a group they just haven't gotten it done.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Will the Hoyas game be televised?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM

Offense
QB – Chris Lum, Lehigh
RB – Tyler Smith, Bucknell
RB – Zach Barket, Lehigh
WR – Jake Drwal, Lehigh
TE – Max Weizenegger, Georgetown
OL – Jim Liebler, Lehigh
OL – Troy McKenna, Lehigh
OL – Keith Schauder, Lehigh

These are the changes I would make on offense.

dcf
November 9th, 2011, 10:46 AM

Waizenegger has had a nice year, but is not a TE (the primary GU TEs are Stafford and Sprotte). TE was a tough spot to pick. Keith Doty from Lafayette would be another candidate, as would Alex Schneider of Holy Cross.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hey LFN, any news on Lehigh's 2012 schedule? Any possibility of Rutgers? You already have two wins: Princeton and Columbia.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Eachus has done well in games against PL competition. If not him, then Tyler Smith of Bucknell

Tough call on Eachus, but for this season Tyler kid seems a fairer choice as of today.

Lafayette's Ross Scheuerman deserves consideration.

carney2
November 9th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Gonna need a lot of TVs and a crash course in multi-tasking for this one.

Noon - Nebraska @ Penn State. Will the 110,000 faithful give JoePa a triumph in his final home game fit for a conquering Roman emperor, or will there be some resistance to his presence in the stadium? A drama that cannot be ignored.

12:30 - Lafayette @ Holy Cross. One that I care about. Can't help it.

12:30 - Georgetown @ Lehigh. For the champeenship. I care about this one too.

What's a boy to do?

PAllen
November 9th, 2011, 12:14 PM

Is it me, or does that pic look photoshopped? Not an accusation, just sayin. Did they hand out the same brown sweatshirt to all of the parents? Or are those chairbacks I'm looking at in the upper sections?

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2011, 12:17 PM

Yes, but the tape will be placed in a hermetically-sealed time capsule somewhere beneath 37th and O, under 24/7 armed guard. It will not be broadcast until the expiration of the Fifth World under the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, or until Historic Multi-Sport Field is given a permanent hot dog stand, whichever comes first.

carney2
November 9th, 2011, 12:20 PM

C'mon, Bogie, take off your homer hat. The kid has a rosy future, but in the present he has 399 net yards in 9 games, a 44.3 avg., and no 100 yard games. Granted, he is running behind a putrid offensive line, but serious consideration as Offensive Rookie of the Year is as good as it gets for him.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Is it me, or does that pic look photoshopped? Not an accusation, just sayin. Did they hand out the same brown sweatshirt to all of the parents? Or are those chairbacks I'm looking at in the upper sections?

It's not your fault. All Saucon Swine eventually fade to a similar, indistinguishable shade of ugly. Years of exposure to the radioisotopes unearthed in the soil when they built the place will do that to you.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
JoePa

Should return to his alma mater, Brown University, and build a dynasty there. Or at least talk them into post-season play.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Gonna need a lot of TVs and a crash course in multi-tasking for this one.

Noon - Nebraska @ Penn State. Will the 110,000 faithful give JoePa a triumph in his final home game fit for a conquering Roman emperor, or will there be some resistance to his presence in the stadium? A drama that cannot be ignored.

12:30 - Lafayette @ Holy Cross. One that I care about. Can't help it.

12:30 - Georgetown @ Lehigh. For the champeenship. I care about this one too.

What's a boy to do?

We must be thinking on the same wave length. I wish the PSU game was later in any event because it's a big game but wow... what a terrible set of events.

TheValleyRaider
November 9th, 2011, 12:56 PM

Tough call on Eachus, but forthis season Tyler kid seems a fairer choice as of today.

Their stats in League games are very comparable

RUSHING Cl G Att. Yds Avg. TD Lg Avg/G
1. Smith, Tyler-BUCKNELL Jr 4 97 470 4.8 4 33 117.5
2. Nate Eachus-COLGATE Sr 4 99 459 4.6 4 40 114.8

Eachus also has a receiving TD, and leads the League in scoring (Kickers excluded, though included he would be 2nd to G'town's Weiss)

Just some numbers for thought

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2011, 01:01 PM
It's not your fault. All Saucon Swine eventually fade to a similar, indistinguishable shade of ugly. Years of exposure to the radioisotopes unearthed in the soil when they built the place will do that to you.

Those seats were empty... I was at the game... circa 9500 is about right. A little more than the usual Lehigh game but the parking lot was not packed like it would be for 12k.

RichH2
November 9th, 2011, 01:12 PM

For a Rookie team certainly but not yet for PL team. He did very well but he does not distance himself from Eachus or Smith

November 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks to all re directions to Goodman

carney2
November 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Nothing to say (as if that's new). Just wanted to be certain that we got to 100 posts in this thread again. Keep the streak alive.

carney2
November 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
For a Rookie team certainly but not yet for PL team. He did very well but he does not distance himself from Eachus or Smith

Really, Rich, you need to stay informed. Check post #91.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Waizenegger has had a nice year, but is not a TE (the primary GU TEs are Stafford and Sprotte). TE was a tough spot to pick. Keith Doty from Lafayette would be another candidate, as would Alex Schneider of Holy Cross.

If Waizenegger isn't a TE, then I'd give it to Schneider. What would he be considered, a receiver?

Engineer86
November 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Those seats were empty... I was at the game... circa 9500 is about right. A little more than the usual Lehigh game but the parking lot was not packed like it would be for 12k.

I really must have had too many beers, cause it sure seemed like they just kept sending cars past me in to the back field. That field was over half full compared to a normal game of only a few rows in that area. The Lehigh side was full. It was parents weekend. HC side was light though.

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM
If Waizenegger isn't a TE, then I'd give it to Schneider. What would he be considered, a receiver?

Waizenegger and Ryan are the WR's. Stafford is the TE, Kayal a slot receiver.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Obviously Lehigh should fill all positions on the PL all-world team. Outsiders might wonder why Georgetown, with its 6-2 record and wins over Colgate, Lafayette, Holy Cross and Fordham, has so many fewer candidates, from a Lehigh perspective. But those people just don't appreciate Lehigh's perpetual entitlement to the perception of dominance, do they? Such a shame.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Obviously Lehigh should fill all positions on the PL all-world team. Outsiders might wonder why Georgetown, with its 6-2 record and wins over Colgate, Lafayette, Holy Cross and Fordham, has so many fewer candidates, from a Lehigh perspective. But those people just don't appreciate Lehigh's perpetual entitlement to the perception of dominance, do they? Such a shame.

It must be tough to accept xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
For those interested, Lafayette at Holy Cross will be on ESPN3 (in addition to the regular LSN outlets).

ColgateTD
November 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Anyone know if pizzatv is carrying the LU-G'town game? I can't seem to access their schedule on my hamster-run computer :)

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Anyone know if pizzatv is carrying the LU-G'town game? I can't seem to access their schedule on my hamster-run computer :)

It all depends on whether somebody who has access decides to upstream. The principal outlet (from which all others, including "pizzatv" grab their links) presently shows "possible link near gametime" for Lehigh/Georgetown. There are confirmed links for Bucknell/Fordham and Lafayette/Holy Cross.

I'd blame the Hoyas, but that's up to you.

Bogus Megapardus
November 10th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Uh-oh. Now it looks as if the Patriot League is complicit in the whole Penn State affair. Centre County, PA District Attorney Ray Gricar never prosecuted Jerry Sandusky on child-rape charges 13 years ago, despite his tough stance on crime and “a bitter taste in his mouth for the [Penn State] program, and its coach."

Then, all of a sudden, "Gricar’s car was found . . . in a Lewisburg parking lot and his laptop, sans hard drive, was found in the Susquehanna River, according to the Patriot-News." Gricar has not been seen since.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/DA-Who-Never-Charged-Sandusky-Has-Been-Missing-Since-2005-133615093.html

Might some evidence still be found amongst the Fine Shrubberies at Christy Matthewson stadium? xlolx:)xrolleyesx

RichH2
November 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Really, Rich, you need to stay informed. Check post #91.

Ok, we must have posted pretty close together did not see yours,

ngineer
November 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Agree on Schauder. He is the leader of the OL and has played every position. The guy's role has been huge in the development of the OL this year.

ngineer
November 10th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I really must have had too many beers, cause it sure seemed like they just kept sending cars past me in to the back field. That field was over half full compared to a normal game of only a few rows in that area. The Lehigh side was full. It was parents weekend. HC side was light though.

Depends at what point in the game the photo was taken. Midway through the second quarter, there were approx. 3,000 on the HC side--just under half full. Lehigh side was full--packed like sardines? No, but it was full. People are always moving around.

Leopard Loyalist
November 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Back to predictions:

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ FORDHAM

I've decided that picking against the Leopards is the best way to give them a chance to win.

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Lafayette at Holy Cross - How often do two places named "College" actually play "college football" in Division I? Could this be the biggest "college football" game this weekend? Let's hope these two Patriot also-rans show up and make a game of it. Flashes of brilliance displayed by each this season were extinguished altogether once each lost to . . . Georgetown. Nonetheless, the league's two best QBs not named Lum could decide to give us a shoot-out, which would be fun. Holy Cross 35-27

Georgetown at Lehigh - I blame Global Warming. Or George Bush. Blame it on Rio, whatever. This should never have been, but it is. What Rocks meets Phut Squawks for the right to say, "I told you so." We all know Lehigh's strengths - an accurate, quick-release QB with his receivers in sync; a capable OL; speedy, sure-tackling LBs. Georgetown? I couldn't tell you. Never saw them play. What makes these Friars of Foggy Bottom so special that they might go on to get destroyed by, say, Georgia Southern or North Dakota State? It could well be a passion and motivation to play that exceeds all the other let's-just-show-up teams around here. Still, talent + size beats gallant + wise on Saturday afternoons. Lehigh 28-17

Bucknell at Fordham - Unlike Georgetown, I've seen plenty of Fordham. The Rams have size, skill and speed; but when you combine the three together, you still end up with a different "S-Word" in the case of these meek ewes. The Arthur Avenue 0-fers look to remain that way after the Buffalo Jumpers come to call. The Bison have had trouble against tough, physical teams (Harvard, Lehigh) but not against the finessers (Georgetown, Lafayette). This could be a game of "who wants it more." In that case, the Bison win because, well, it's nice to get a PL win. The Rams don't want to be here and it continues to show. Bucknell 21-16

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2011, 09:05 AM
What makes these Friars of Foggy Bottom

If you're going to use alliteration, do some homework. There are no Friars at Georgetown, nor are they at Foggy Bottom, which is the home of George Washington University. This makes about as much sense as calling Lafayette "the Panthers of Phillipsburg."

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
If you're going to use alliteration, do some homework. There are no Friars at Georgetown, nor are they at Foggy Bottom, which is the home of George Washington University. This makes about as much sense as calling Lafayette "the Panthers of Phillipsburg."

I claim literary license. Besides, it's far more palatable than the one I was going to use. I'll try "Burleith" next time. Or maybe "The Three Sisters" - presumed home of the new Hoya practice fields.

Phillipsburg Panthers has a nice ring to it. Regrettably, they're known already as "The Stateliners." The folks at Easton High call them "Flatliners."

And DFW - I expected some credit for the "what rocks" reference, at least from you.

carney2
November 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM
This makes about as much sense as calling Lafayette "the Panthers of Phillipsburg."

The Pards have been called much worse - and will again many times in the next nine days.

van
November 11th, 2011, 09:37 AM

That should be the pussies of Phillipsburg. Hmmm, half of that makes sense!

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Hey Bogie, I thought you were going to do the purple purse wearing teletubby for HC this week?

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Hey Bogie, I thought you were going to do the purple purse wearing teletubby for HC this week?

I already used that one . . . and I actually felt kinda bad about doing it, becasue I like HC. Besides, Lehigh is next week, and you never know if a brown teletubby might just show up.

Didn't you catch this little tidbit?

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4259/lehighshield160.png

RichH2
November 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I already used that one . . . and I actually felt kinda bad about doing it, becasue I like HC. Besides, Lehigh is next week, and you never know if a brown teletubby might just show up.

Didn't you catch this little tidbit?

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4259/lehighshield160.png
Cute ,but a bit esoteric for the pre GAME banter

Good luck on Saturday.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
are spreads available for tomorrow's games??

RichH2
November 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Bogie wears many hats among the PL fans. As our resident bookie , he usually posts the lines when he gets them.Now if we could only find a resident pimp

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
As of 1:00PM Friday, I cannot find any FCS lines in any of the three places that normally post them.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
OK, thanks Bogie

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM
This season the FCS lines seems to be coming out following the Thursday evening games. There is a somewhat irregular Friday evening game - South Florida at Syracuse - and I'm guessing that the FCS lines won't come out until the conclusion of that one. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

ngineer
November 11th, 2011, 04:32 PM
are spreads available for tomorrow's games??
Check Spring Garden Street in Easton.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM
They stopped posting lines after a mob accused them of cheating them in the Georgetown/Lafayette game. I believe they're still taking bets on that game, too, as there's no evidence that the game was actually played.

PS. Take Georgetown straight up.

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I now have most (but not all) of the lines. I'll post them in about 20 minutes. Lehigh by 10, btw. Still waiting on the northeast CAA games.

Bogus Megapardus
November 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM
This week's sportsbook:

Yale (-10½) at Princeton o/u 49½

Harvard (-14) vs Penn o/u 50½

Holy Cross (-9½) vs Lafayette o/u 40½

Cornell (-14) vs Columbia o/u 47

Brown (-17) vs Dartmouth o/u 38

Lehigh (-10) vs Georgetown o/u 48

Bucknell (-14) at Fordham o/u NL

Other games of interest:

Maine (-7½) vs UMass o/u 56

Delaware (-11) vs Richmond o/u 44½

James Madison (-9) vs Rhode Island o/u 40½

Hew Hampshire (pk) at Towson o/u 68

ngineer
November 11th, 2011, 10:19 PM
No way Lafayette that much of an underdog. Pards could well win this, though I think HC wins in a tight one.

ngineer
November 11th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I now have most (but not all) of the lines. I'll post them in about 20 minutes. Lehigh by 10, btw. Still waiting on the northeast CAA games.

About right for Lehigh game, though I think we win by more.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Bucknell 27 Fordham 17
Holy Cross 24 Lafayette 20
Lehigh 31 Georgetown 16

CrusaderBob
November 12th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Gotta be quick ...

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH

BUCKNELL @ FORDHAM

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Lafayette 24, Holy Cross 21... Pards win another bizarre game. Things are starting to come together nicely but we have lots of injuries and depth concerns.

Lehigh 34, Georgetown 17... Lehigh blows Hoyas away in a consolation game. Let's go Hoyas.

Bucknell 28, Fordham 14... the end can't come soon enough on Rose Hill.

Bogus Megapardus
November 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Just ba reminder that the Holy Cross/Lafayette game will be on ESPN3. The is a link up at the "usual sites" for Bucknell/Fordham that should work well. There's a possibility that Lehigh/Georgetown will get a feed, but that's still listed as "possible."

Sader87
November 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM
HC 38 Lafayette 17 HC finally wakes up from its offensive slumber, alas, far too late.

Fordham 24 Bucknell 21 The Rams also arise but again, much too late in the season.

Lehigh 35 GTown 13 Nice season for GU, but their luck and pluck runs out here.

carney2
November 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
HC 38 Lafayette 17 HC finally wakes up from its offensive slumber, alas, far too late.

Fordham 24 Bucknell 21 The Rams also arise but again, much too late in the season.

Lehigh 35 GTown 13 Nice season for GU, but their luck and pluck runs out here.

He's mellowing. Not even a hint that the 'saders continue to sully themselves by participating in game such as this.

Sader87
November 12th, 2011, 10:37 AM
He's mellowing. Not even a hint that the 'saders continue to sully themselves by participating in game such as this.

Less than 3,000 people, not including myself. will sully themselves in attending this tilt at Fitton this afternoon.

Engineer86
November 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Doesn't look like much of a crowd at Lehigh today either unless the student section on the other side of the stadium is full. I know two expensive students that are not coming

ngineer
November 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I heard that they were having classes today to make up for the lost days last week due to the power outage from the snow storm. STill, most classes should be over by kickoff. Pathetic showing by all the PL schools anymore with lack of student interest.