PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewal...

putter
May 8th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I got my season ticket forms for Montana this year. 6 home games for $180/ticket! :bawling: They always charge more for the Griz/Cat game but this is some change. Yes, I am going to renew them ;) . How is this comparing to others season prices?

89Hen
May 8th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I use a family plan at UD that is the steal of the century. It is four seats, two of which are stamped 'child' (Mrs89 would tell you that I qualify to use one of those), and the whole season is $175 for all four seats. To boot, if you remember we had a home game moved to Richmond last year because of field conditions so we get a $25 credit for last year, so this years tix only cost me $150. :hurray:

89rabbit
May 8th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Two tickets at the 45 yrd line 12 rows up for 4 games $120.

aggie6thman
I got my season ticket forms for Montana this year. 6 home games for $180/ticket! :bawling: They always charge more for the Griz/Cat game but this is some change. Yes, I am going to renew them ;) . How is this comparing to others season prices?

Season tickets at UC Davis games are $70. I don't know what the jump will be when the new stadium is completed.

rokamortis
$150 - $255 per seat for 6 games depending on where you sit.

slostang
May 8th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I book my tickets in a package called the "Stampede Club" that include a barbecue with beer, wine or soda before each game for $150 per ticket. This is up from last year where the same package sold for $100. Regular season tickets last year went for around $75 per season ticket.

Pard4Life
May 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Um, wow.. Lafayette's season tickets are about $60. And you can sit anywhere.

Saint3333
May 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM
http://goasu.com/autoimage/p1j8rP9.pdf

$120 for 6 games at The Rock, pretty good deal.

I'm surprised that Coastal's is so high.

AppGuy04
May 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
http://goasu.com/autoimage/p1j8rP9.pdf

$120 for 6 games at The Rock, pretty good deal.

I'm surprised that Coastal's is so high.

same price as the gate though, $20/each, only advantage is that you are guaranteed a seat. Wish they would give some kind of discount.

Ronbo
May 8th, 2006, 12:36 PM
$150 - $255 per seat for 6 games depending on where you sit.

Does that include the required donation? At Montana it's $180 for your season ticket but if you sit between the 30's it's requires a large donation to the Grizzly Scholarship Fund. That donation makes it $72 a game to watch the Griz games or almost $900 for two season tickets.

rokamortis
May 8th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Does that include the required donation? At Montana it's $180 for your season ticket but if you sit between the 30's it's requires a large donation to the Grizzly Scholarship Fund. That donation makes it $72 a game to watch the Griz games or almost $900 for two season tickets.

Yes - that's why the prices are so high.

Umass74
May 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Whoa! At UMass it's $60 for a season ticket. No donation required. Mine is right on the 50 yard line. 'Course, I've had my season tickets since 1976...

P2TheB
May 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
UNI's ticket prices are based on seating location. Also, if you are under 30 yrs of age and are a member of the Panther Scholarship Club, ou get tickets half price. Anyway, the ticket prices are $120 for adult premium and $60 for youth premium. For non-premium, ticket prices are $90 (adult) and $48 (child). There is also a new deal this year for red zone seating...$60 for adults and $30 for kids. The info below is for football, but if you scroll down, you will see all sport season tix prices. They even send a little shout out to 1-aa.org! :)

http://unipanthers.collegesports.com/tickets/moreinfo.html#fbtix

ButlerGSU
May 8th, 2006, 01:53 PM
2006 Football Season Ticket Prices

Type Price Description
Eagle Club $150.00

Requires $1,200 donation to Southern Boosters - (max. 4 seats per $1,200)
Bleachers w/ Backs $100.00

Sections C & E require $300 Southern Boosters donation. Sections B & F do not require additional contribution
Bleachers w/o Backs $90.00

Section D requires $600 Southern Boosters donation.
Lower portion of sections C & E require $120 Southern Boosters donation. Sections B, F, J & K do not require additional contribution.

GSU Faculty/Staff & GSU Parents*
Bleachers w/ Backs
$90.00

Sections C & E require $300 Southern Boosters donation. Sections B & F do not require additional contribution

Bleachers w/o Backs
$80.00

Section D requires $600 Southern Boosters donation.
Lower portion of sections C & E require $120 Southern Boosters donation. Sections B, F, J & K do not require additional contribution.

Family Plan
(min. 3 tickets)
$60.00
Sections A & G

rcny46
May 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Season tickets at UNH this year for 5 home games are:

$100 for reserved chairback

$85 for reserved non-chairback

$70 for general admssion

$150 for the family plan (general admission only) which includes 2 adult and 2 youth (under18) tickets.

There is also a charge for parking in designated lots,and a minimum donation of $500 to the Wildcat Athletic Council will get you a 10% discount on ticket prices.I believe that if tickets are purchased on individual game days,there is an additional charge of $3 per.

catbob
May 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Indoor Club Seating $ 450.00* (Minimal Availability)
Stadium Club Access $ 145.00**
Sideline - Chair Back $ 120.00*
Sideline - Bench Back $ 115.00**
Sideline - Bleacher $ 109.00
Pepsi Zone $ 52.00
Pepsi Zone Family $ 37.00***

* Grand Booster membership applies
** Gold Booster membership applies. Indoor Club access only, actual seat purchased separately.
*** Families of 3-5 people, combination of adults and children. Price is per person.

blur2005
May 8th, 2006, 05:33 PM
JMU's tickets

Season Tickets
*Chairbacks (Section M)
-$120
Annual Duke Club Donation Required ($1,500 to buy 4, $5,000 to buy 6)

*Priority Season (Sections 11-14)
-$85
-$50 JMU Faculty/Staff
-$50 Seniors
Annual Duke Club Donation Required ($50 - $499 to buy 4, $500 - $2,999 to buy 6, $3,000 - $9,999 to buy 8, > $10,000 to buy 10)

*General Season (Sections 7-9, 15-16)
-$50
No Donation Required.

*Family Plan Game
(Sections 7-9, 15-16)
-$150 (2 Adult, 2 Youth) Includes concessions voucher for each

*Family Extra (Sections 7-9, 15-16) Package
-$20 Additional Family Plan Ticket, Requires the purchase of family plan season

Single Game
Regular Season: Sideline $17 / Endzone $12

Parent’s Weekend & Homecoming: All tickets $23

McTailGator
May 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM

McNeese season tickets cost $15 per game ea. Or $90 each for the season. Plus, you must purchase season tickets to get a reserved parking space ($60) or tailgate spot ($250). Plus there is about a $3.00 admin fee attached to that as well.

So for me it's:

$90 x 4 = $360
$60 for Reserved Parking Spot = $60
$250 Tailgate Spot = $250
Athletic Foundation Donation = $250
Total = $920

ngineer
May 8th, 2006, 08:33 PM
My season tix are three seats just to the north of the 50 yard line. Six games at $15 each/chairbacks=$270. Season tickets for adult General Admission are $10 each.

TexasTerror
May 8th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Not sure if 2006 plans have been announced or at the very least, the information below changed to reflect '2006' though the prices may not have changed...

$75 Reserved Chairback at Football (Season Ticket)

2005 FOOTBALL INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS
$18.00 Reserved Chairback
$10.00 West Side Bench
$5.00 East Side Bench

ALL SHSU STUDENTS ARE ADMITTED FREE WITH OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY ID
Students must pick up "Couch Potato" or "West Side" tickets by Noon the day prior to the game
East Side student admission at Gate One on game day with University ID

golionsgo
May 8th, 2006, 09:22 PM

We play 5 home games this year and our prices are $335 per seat to sit in the Gold section, $185 per seat to sit in the Green, $140 in Blue, $135 in Red and $65 in Reserved Bleachers. Take away the required donation, the seats average out to $13 per game to $17 per game. With the donation, it ranges from $13 up to $67.

TxSt02
May 8th, 2006, 11:04 PM
$87 for the most expensive reserved... throw in an extra $30 and you get a padded chair back installed...

carney2
May 9th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Um, wow.. Lafayette's season tickets are about $60. And you can sit anywhere.

Pretty much on target except for the "sit anywhere" bit. I haven't received the 2006 application, but in the past it was $8.00 per game, except for Lehigh, which was $15.00. This year there are 5 home games, including Lehigh. That would come to $47.00 plus a $2.00 handling charge. Personally, I am expecting a price increase this year because of the stadium renovations. In addition, I seem to recall that a premium was tacked on in the past for certain Ivy teams. That included Penn. In any event, we could get to Pard4Life's $60.00 estimate. Would this be classified as price gouging?

As for the "sit anywhere," theoretically there are assigned seats with row and seat numbers printed on the tickets. You are free to move around, however.

Pard4Life
May 9th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Pretty much on target except for the "sit anywhere" bit. I haven't received the 2006 application, but in the past it was $8.00 per game, except for Lehigh, which was $15.00. This year there are 5 home games, including Lehigh. That would come to $47.00 plus a $2.00 handling charge. Personally, I am expecting a price increase this year because of the stadium renovations. In addition, I seem to recall that a premium was tacked on in the past for certain Ivy teams. That included Penn. In any event, we could get to Pard4Life's $60.00 estimate. Would this be classified as price gouging?

As for the "sit anywhere," theoretically there are assigned seats with row and seat numbers printed on the tickets. You are free to move around, however.

I am also banking on the price increase this year carney. Those chariback-ballpark seats in the upper-middle will likely fetch a few more dollars. If Lafayette charges $10 for those and still $8 for the rest... then man, what a deal. This might have been brought up before but I don't think the Ivy games are extra money... I believe it works for basketball that way. I'm not sure if it'd be considered gouging since there are plenty of empty extra seats for the Ivy games, which are usually around break/exam time.

Funny story about those assigned seats. My Dad and I were at a game sitting in our usual spot. Then, this older guy with his wife comes along and more or less demands that he sit in that spot, even though there was nobody on either side of us or below us. He claimed he always sat there and it was labeled so on the ticket, but he was not there for any other game that season since we were there. My Dad argued you can sit anywhere you want. Anyhow my dad caved in and moved over a few spots. If I weren't on the concourse, I woulda told him to buzz off. Of course he was probably a Kirby or big wig and that would have been real good. :rolleyes: But, at least the old man could have been much more cordial about sitting in his old perch like times of old instead of just 'move please'.

Thanks to that incident, I grabed a souviner from old Fisher. I took a discarded 'Reserved Tickets' sign from the construction rubble, cleaned it, and proudly hung it in the basement.

McTailGator
May 9th, 2006, 06:00 PM
$87 for the most expensive reserved... throw in an extra $30 and you get a padded chair back installed...

Yea, you can buy those chairbacks at McNeese too, I forgot what they run, but I hate them. And I hate sitting behind someone who owns one too. I believe everyone should stand up and not worry about a soft seat during a game.

I also didn't mention the cost of seating in the Sky Ranch (Pressbox) club house at Cowboy Stadium. Seats their go for about $1,500 a year for 2 seats, and you have to give a mulit-year commitment. There are about 175 of those. And we have 13, ten seat Suites that go for $15,000 a year with a 5 year commitment (or $75,000).

http://www.geauxcowboys.com/images/pressbox.jpg
Plus, the new 420 seat EndZone Clubhouse will soon begin selling seats as well. It won't be quite as much as the Sky Ranch (probably closer to $1,000 for two seats), but I think there will still be a mulit-year commitment to get it paid off with a 10 year bond.

http://www.geauxcowboys.com/images/fieldhousestands.jpg

Eaglegus2
May 9th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Diagram of Paulson Stadium

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/lib/uploads/docs/stadium1.pdf

Eagle Club $150.00 Requires $1,200 donation to Southern Boosters - (max. 4 seats per $1,200)

Bleachers w/ Backs $100.00 Sections C & E require $300 Southern Boosters donation.
Sections B & F do not require additional contribution

Bleachers w/o Backs $90.00 Section D requires $600 Southern Boosters donation.

Bleachers w/ Backs
$90.00 Sections C & E require $300 Southern Boosters donation.
Sections B & F do not require additional contribution

Bleachers w/o Backs
$80.00 Section D requires $600 Southern Boosters donation.

Family Plan
(min. 3 tickets)
$60.00 Sections A & G

They have failed to tell you is there are 7 home games this year.

Pard4Life
May 10th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I also didn't mention the cost of seating in the Sky Ranch (Pressbox) club house at Cowboy Stadium. Seats their go for about $1,500 a year for 2 seats, and you have to give a mulit-year commitment. There are about 175 of those. And we have 13, ten seat Suites that go for $15,000 a year with a 5 year commitment (or $75,000).

Not to be rude but how does McNeese find people to pay those prices? Do corporations and businesses go for I-AA football down there like it's big time I-A? I've heard of awesome tailgating and gameday atmosphere for IAA down south.. but I don't know if that means an interest and base to pay those prices though.

Very nice facilities I might add.

Granite
May 10th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Season tickets at UNH this year for 5 home games are:

$100 for reserved chairback

$85 for reserved non-chairback

$70 for general admssion

$150 for the family plan (general admission only) which includes 2 adult and 2 youth (under18) tickets.

There is also a charge for parking in designated lots,and a minimum donation of $500 to the Wildcat Athletic Council will get you a 10% discount on ticket prices.I believe that if tickets are purchased on individual game days,there is an additional charge of $3 per.

UNH really used last year's success to increase ticket prices. I've been a season ticket holder since the 2001 season, and I believe that ticket prices doubled this year. If I remember right, I paid $10 per seat (maybe it was $12) for the regular season last year - this year, its $20 - so my two seats cost $200 for 2006-07. The AD is trying to find ways to increase revenue, and they must feel that ticket prices are inelastic at these new prices. I don't mind paying the increase (and gave my usual donation to the Wildcat Athletic Council this year), and from what I hear, season ticket sales are strong, so it looks like the price increases were a good move.

carney2
May 10th, 2006, 12:21 PM
I am also banking on the price increase this year carney. Those chariback-ballpark seats in the upper-middle will likely fetch a few more dollars. If Lafayette charges $10 for those and still $8 for the rest... then man, what a deal.

I'm a bit hazy (I guess because I wasn't interested), but I seem to remember receiving something (email?) that indicated that the chairback seats would be going to folks who pony up a special contribution (my term) to the football program, the Friends of Lafayette Football, and/or the Maroon Club. It was never actually stated, but I took it to mean that those seats would not be available to the average ticket buyer. In any event, it looks like yours truly will continue to rent those canvas seat backs from the baseball team.

Pard4Life
May 10th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I'm a bit hazy (I guess because I wasn't interested), but I seem to remember receiving something (email?) that indicated that the chairback seats would be going to folks who pony up a special contribution (my term) to the football program, the Friends of Lafayette Football, and/or the Maroon Club. It was never actually stated, but I took it to mean that those seats would not be available to the average ticket buyer. In any event, it looks like yours truly will continue to rent those canvas seat backs from the baseball team.

Interesting.. you might be right... I'll go sleuthing when I get a chance. I don't know if they would all be reserved if they are putting in alot, like 300-500. I don't think the school can find the people to reserve that many and plus it'd be good to put out a lot of those seats because they would be added revenue.

And ugh, I hate those canvas chairbacks. It was either that or the brown stain. I was, and still will be, bringing my dinner chair cushion from home. You could get around not buying a chairback and still have your back supported if you sat on the top tier in front of the booths and leaned back against the wall. Sitting in front of the DC box was fun... you get to hear them shout the plays and call formations and yell at who is out of position.

ButlerGSU
May 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM
www.georgiasoutherneagles.com does not say anything about the skyboxes at Paulson, do any of you Eagles out there know what they go for? I'm sure it's mainly corps or sponsors that buy them.

McTailGator
May 11th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Not to be rude but how does McNeese find people to pay those prices? Do corporations and businesses go for I-AA football down there like it's big time I-A? I've heard of awesome tailgating and gameday atmosphere for IAA down south.. but I don't know if that means an interest and base to pay those prices though.

Very nice facilities I might add.

Yes,

Like in Montana, McNeese gets a lot of Corporate donors, and we have a LONG prowd tradition. Lake Charles is far enough from Baton Rouge, and near the Texas Boarder so Football is absolute KING down here.

We are Division I, and our fans and supporters LOVE the Playoffs, and absolutely laugh at the I-a (small "a" on purpose) BCS wannabe's like UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, and Louisiana Tech, who we routinly beat while they were in the SLC.

Southwest Louisiana takes pride in McNeese State University, which is a natural feeder school for the Petro-Chemical Industry in our area. We provide industry with a lot of outstanding Engineers, who in turn never forget their roots and traditions associated with McNeese Football.

Hell, I work for BP in Chicago, and I plan to be at EVERY game this year no matter where they play.

There are a lot of local home grown auto dealerships, banks, and other businesses that are willing to fork out big bucks to entertain clients, and be seen among the folks with cash. Makes it easy to sell club seats. College football is very much a social event in Lake Charles. If your not a Cowboy fan down there, then something is wrong with you.

We're adding another 420 club seats over our field house in the north endzone in the next two years, because we have a waiting list for club seats. We also have a waiting list for tailgate spots, but we're out of Real Estate so 120 is where it stays.

And we take our tailgating more seriously then we do our football. The two go together, BUT down in Louisiana, people don't need much of a reason to get together, cook dead animals, and drink a hell of a lot of beer.

That is an event in itself.:hurray:

One other note, I work in the New Jersey/New York area quite a bit now, and I noticed, that folks from the North East, and even here in the Mid-West are HUGE NFL football fans. I can't say that it is quite the same way in Louisiana. Or really anywhere in the Southeast US.

Down south, those folks are COLLEGE FOOTBALL fans first, and the pro games are just something to watch while you recover from the Saturday games. In fact, I'm usually cleaning up my tailgate area around the same time pro football is on the tube.

blukeys
May 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM
And we take our tailgating more seriously then we do our football. The two go together, BUT down in Louisiana, people don't need much of a reason to get together, cook dead animals, and drink a hell of a lot of beer.

That is an event in itself.:hurray:

One other note, I work in the New Jersey/New York area quite a bit now, and I noticed, that folks from the North East, and even here in the Mid-West are HUGE NFL football fans. I can't say that it is quite the same way in Louisiana. Or really anywhere in the Southeast US.

Down south, those folks are COLLEGE FOOTBALL fans first, and the pro games are just something to watch while you recover from the Saturday games. In fact, I'm usually cleaning up my tailgate area around the same time pro football is on the tube.

Yes the Northeast is huge into the NFL. Within a 3 hour drive of Newark you could see 5 different Pro teams. I have friends who are Eagles season ticket holders who also attend Hen games!!!

The legend at Delaware has it that the McNeese tailgate tradition began after McNeese fans in 1974 saw the Delaware tailgates and thought that it was an idea worth replicating back home in Cowboy country. (I don't know if this is true but it is mentioned in a publication about Delaware football)

Delaware tailgates are also a tradition in themselves and for you to travel to such great BP locations as NJ, NY, suggests to me that you are not being creative enough in your opposition research. Obviously you need to see the Sunoco operations in Marcus Hook Pa. and the Valero operations in Delaware City De. Motel Rooms in Newark De. could get you to both operations easily. Weekend rates for corporate accounts are discounted provided you leave by Sunday afternoon!!!!!!:nod: :nod:

DFW HOYA
May 11th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I think another element to "football first" fans is proximity to the school. Most McNeese fans either grew up in the area or live within a couple hours of the school, so going to games is second nature. It's not uncommon for Texas A&M fans to drive from Dallas to College Station (210 miles) five times a year as a matter of course. They grew up Aggies and that stays with them for life.

By contrast, many Eastern schools reach a nationwide student body, most of whom never grew up with the team. (All of 3% of the Georgetown student body are from Washington DC, and chances are pretty good they didn't grow up climbing the stairs to the rooftop view of Kehoe Field in their youth.)

As these students move into adulthood and move around the country, the interest in three and four hour road trips back to their various alma maters was never there to start with.

McTailGator
May 12th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Yes the Northeast is huge into the NFL. Within a 3 hour drive of Newark you could see 5 different Pro teams. I have friends who are Eagles season ticket holders who also attend Hen games!!!

The legend at Delaware has it that the McNeese tailgate tradition began after McNeese fans in 1974 saw the Delaware tailgates and thought that it was an idea worth replicating back home in Cowboy country. (I don't know if this is true but it is mentioned in a publication about Delaware football)

Delaware tailgates are also a tradition in themselves and for you to travel to such great BP locations as NJ, NY, suggests to me that you are not being creative enough in your opposition research. Obviously you need to see the Sunoco operations in Marcus Hook Pa. and the Valero operations in Delaware City De. Motel Rooms in Newark De. could get you to both operations easily. Weekend rates for corporate accounts are discounted provided you leave by Sunday afternoon!!!!!!:nod: :nod:

LOL...

I'm can be very creative in my abilities to mix work travel with "football oportunities". :smiley_wi

I work for BP's Remediation Management Group (RMG), and I have been to Marcus Hooks once since starting this new role March 1st. BP still owns some of the Historical Liabilities there so it's still in our portfolio.

Have not had the need as of yet to visit D.City properties, but I am the Health and Safety Coordinator for RMG's Eastern America's liabilities. So I'm accountable for Contractor Safety from everything East of the Rockies from Quebec to Argentina. My west coast counterpart takes Alaska, western Canada, Mexico and Central America, while I'm accountable for South America and the Caribean.

McTailGator
May 12th, 2006, 08:04 AM
I think another element to "football first" fans is proximity to the school. Most McNeese fans either grew up in the area or live within a couple hours of the school, so going to games is second nature. It's not uncommon for Texas A&M fans to drive from Dallas to College Station (210 miles) five times a year as a matter of course. They grew up Aggies and that stays with them for life.

By contrast, many Eastern schools reach a nationwide student body, most of whom never grew up with the team. (All of 3% of the Georgetown student body are from Washington DC, and chances are pretty good they didn't grow up climbing the stairs to the rooftop view of Kehoe Field in their youth.)

As these students move into adulthood and move around the country, the interest in three and four hour road trips back to their various alma maters was never there to start with.

I guess that makes me a MISPLACED COWPOKE being in Chicago then. :smiley_wi

Maybe I need to change my screen name. ;)