PDA

View Full Version : THE BRAWL

Pages : [1] 2

CopperCat
November 5th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Forget about NDSU and the Socon, or the GPI and why who should get what seed and why the brackets should be this that or the other. This game will be HUGE, in front of another record crowd in Bozeman with snow on the ground, and the stakes could not be bigger for both sides. The Cats are playing for the outright conference championship and potentially a top 2 seed, while the griz will be playing for a share of the title and a potential seed as well. Both teams have proven themselves in tight spots on several occassions, and both have the capability to make some noise at any given time. Without a doubt, this Brawl will be one for the books. Thank God I will be there to witness it. This is the Bama/LSU of the FCS this year. Let the smack/analysis/prognosticating commence.

Grizo406
November 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
The only question I have about this particular "Brawl" is...how many points are the Cats gonna' beat the Griz by?xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

CopperCat
November 5th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Anything is possible grizo, and I would say that both teams have shown they are mortal this year at one point or another. Jordy is playing well as of late, and McGhee showed today that he can still execute even after committing four turnovers. Both teams bring a solid D to the fight. This one will be good. You coming over the hill for the game?

DJKyR0
November 5th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Disagree that this is the Bama-LSU of FCS. NDSU-UNI were #1 and #2 defenses going into that game and were ranked #2 and #3. I'd also put GSU-ASU over this game if we want to talk big-time implications across the rest of the season.

Still a big game, might try to catch a bit of it if our game in Fargo doesn't interfere.

Squealofthepig
November 5th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Agree, this isn't LSU/Alabama - this should actually be an enjoyable game to watch. (Seriously, I appreciate the LSU/Alabama game, but it was like watching a perfect game in baseball - impressive but boring as hell).

Additionally, this game has been played approximately 25 more times than LSU/Alabama, although the first LSU/Alabama game was one year before the first Cat/Griz game.

CopperCat
November 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Disagree that this is the Bama-LSU of FCS. NDSU-UNI were #1 and #2 defenses going into that game and were ranked #2 and #3. I'd also put GSU-ASU over this game if we want to talk big-time implications across the rest of the season.

Still a big game, might try to catch a bit of it if our game in Fargo doesn't interfere.

Re-read the first line of my post above.

DJKyR0
November 6th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Re-read the first line of my post above.

If you're not taking those games into consideration then sure, I guess this might be considered the marquee matchup of the FCS season. But you can't exactly say "biggest game of the regular season" a la Bama-LSU without taking into account everybody.

Like I said, big game. But no Bama-LSU.

CopperCat
November 6th, 2011, 12:59 AM
If you're not taking those games into consideration then sure, I guess this might be considered the marquee matchup of the FCS season. But you can't exactly say "biggest game of the regular season" a la Bama-LSU without taking into account everybody.

Fair enough. I'll take NDSU/UNI/ASU/GSU into account when everybody else starts acknowledging MSU and UM.

FargoBison
November 6th, 2011, 01:02 AM

It's like Oklahoma-Oklahoma State

SumItUp
November 6th, 2011, 01:12 AM
It's like Oklahoma-Oklahoma State

That's Bedlam! xnodx

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 6th, 2011, 01:13 AM
No its like Michigan-Michigan St........................

Tod
November 6th, 2011, 01:38 AM
The only question I have about this particular "Brawl" is...how many points are the Cats gonna' beat the Griz by?xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

WTF is the matter with you?

CopperCat
November 6th, 2011, 01:39 AM

He's a realist. Maybe you should listen to him. xlolx

Tod
November 6th, 2011, 01:57 AM
He's a realist. Maybe you should listen to him. xlolx

Funny stuff from a guy who names himself after his hatred of the Griz rather than love for his own team.

Pathetic. xsmhxxsmhx

The Griz will kick your asses on the 19th of November. xnodxxnodx

veinup
November 6th, 2011, 03:07 AM
i think we'll be ready. coming into this game, it doesn't usually matter who has so many wins or so many losses, both teams want to win more than anything. cats have the advantage being at home, obviously. but several griz players have played there before, and have no cushy feelings for the fans or the surroundings there. hope jordan johnson is healthy. hope trumaine and jabin step **** up to the next level. as the OP said, this is the college football game of the year.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2011, 03:10 AM
No its like Michigan-Michigan St........................

No its like Cornell College vs Coe College. :D

veinup
November 6th, 2011, 03:12 AM
No its like Cornell College vs Coe College. :D

uhhh... who? joke post?

Twentysix
November 6th, 2011, 03:18 AM
uhhh... who? joke post?

One of the longest rivalrys in college football that no one has ever heard of...

(116 games - Coe v Cornell College (1891)

That stat is from 07.)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2011, 05:30 AM
This one would be a good one to see.

It would be like our UND/NDSU games.

KNUTS
November 6th, 2011, 05:47 AM
This is gonna be a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG 2 weeks!

Grizo406
November 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Nothing that a few beers and a nap won't fix!

Grizalltheway
November 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Nothing that a few beers and a nap won't fix!

xlolxxlolx

I would hate for us to lose this game, but there would be no shame in losing to a team as good as MSU, especially in Bozeman. Here's hoping (maybe even praying xprayx) for a Griz W. xthumbsupx

Silenoz
November 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM

I think the only person who picks us to lose more games than 2506 is you xlolx

Silenoz
November 6th, 2011, 08:24 PM
...there's a better way to say that but I'm too lazy to figure it out xlolx

Grizalltheway
November 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I think the only person who picks us to lose more games than 2506 is you xlolx

I think it's just a new shtick he's come up with to try to combat his ever-increasing irrelevancy on this, and maybe a few other boards.

apaladin
November 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM
For those that will brave the cold, let's hope it's not as boring as LSU/'Bama. xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 6th, 2011, 08:57 PM
cats are just benefiting from a slightly down year in the BSC and the fact they havent played us yet. Its hard to go undefeated in conference and this year it wont happen as well. Griz win if we win the turnover battle.

DJKyR0
November 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I'm too lazy to look, but can anyone tell me when the game is and if there's a place to watch it online (preferably for free, like ESPN3 or something)? Kind of hoping to catch it and scope out a possible playoff opponent. :)

CopperCat
November 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I'm too lazy to look, but can anyone tell me when the game is and if there's a place to watch it online (preferably for free, like ESPN3 or something)? Kind of hoping to catch it and scope out a possible playoff opponent. :)

It will be on big sky tv (just put it in google, first link that comes up). It will most likely be on directv as well, not sure what channel but I know it was a couple years ago when I still had satelite.

Don't really know why you need to scout. Everybody knows that the Big Fluffy Sky is just a pushover anyway. xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 6th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Don't really know why you need to scout. Everybody knows that the Big Fluffy Sky is just a pushover anyway. xcoffeex

You dont need to tell NDSU that.....................they found out last year.

CopperCat
November 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM
You dont need to tell NDSU that.....................they found out last year.

Last I checked, MSU was the reason the dark pinkers were left at home last year, after they got beat IN WA-GRIZ.

And you're in the same conference idiot. Next time the reporter comes and asks you a question, just tell them you'll go find your dad. And we all know who that is.

Grizalltheway
November 6th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Last I checked, MSU was the reason the dark pinkers were left at home last year, after they got beat IN WA-GRIZ.

And you're in the same conference idiot. Next time the reporter comes and asks you a question, just tell them you'll go find your dad. And we all know who that is.

The piss yellows were very far from the only reason we weren't in the playoffs. I seem to remember three other losses that had something to do with it.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 6th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Way to deflect from the subject of you guys losing in the playoffs................at least you made it though......what is that now, 2 times in the last 27 years?

CopperCat
November 6th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I love this time of year.

Hammerhead
November 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
There's nothing on the DirecTV guide yet. My guess is that it will be on one of the Altitude or Root Sports channels.

Walkon79
November 7th, 2011, 02:42 PM
From the Big Sky Conference Website

"THE SHOWDOWN: Montana won a non-conference game over Western Oregon 32-7 on Saturday to move to 8-2 overall. The Grizzlies are 6-1 in conference and could clinch a share of the Big Sky Conference title and the league’s automatic bid to the playoffs with a win over rival Montana State on Nov. 19. Both Montana and Montana State have byes this week. Montana won or shared 12 straight Big Sky Conference titles from 1998-2009, before the streak ended last season. The 111th Montana-Montana State game will begin at 12:05 p.m. Mountain in Missoula, and will be televised throughout Montana on Montana’s News Stations. The game will also be available on DirecTV and Dish Network viewers who get Altitude Sports & Entertainment, or who subscribe to the regional sports packages. The game will air on DirecTV on channel 680 and 680HD, and on Dish Network on channel 446 and 9516. Montana has won the last two meetings against the Bobcats in Bozeman. Montana State beat Montana 21-16 in Missoula last season."

How lame is THAT??

MSUBobcat
November 7th, 2011, 03:23 PM
cats are just benefiting from a slightly down year in the BSC and the fact they havent played us yet. Its hard to go undefeated in conference and this year it wont happen as well. Griz win if we win the turnover battle.

So the Cats are benefitting from a slightly down year in the BSC?? The Griz have played the same conference schedule as the Bobcats, and have one extra loss to show for it, to the 7th place BSC team no less. Usually when someone brings up a team having a good record only because of a weak SoS, they don't have essentially the same schedule, especially if their record against said schedule is worse than the other team. xconfusedx xlolx

Strommer10
November 7th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Should be another great battle, I really wish I could make the trip to see this one. I will one of these times.

Silenoz
November 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I don't get this dark pink thing

MSU is..... light..... poop and.... dark baby blue. Snap.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I love this time of year.

Me too.

MSUBobcat
November 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I think there's plenty of hostility to go around that we don't have to resort making fun of team colors. Anyway, Griz fans are doody-faced, butt-lickers :D

Tod
November 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I think there's plenty of hatred to go around that we don't have to resort making fun of team colors. Anyway, Griz fans are doody-faced, butt-lickers :D

Personally, I don't hate MSU. If the Griz don't win it all, I'll be rooting for you guys. Other Griz fans might want to beat my azz for even suggesting that, but last I checked "Montana" is part of your name, too.

MSUBobcat
November 7th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Personally, I don't hate MSU. If the Griz don't win it all, I'll be rooting for you guys. Other Griz fans might want to beat my azz for even suggesting that, but last I checked "Montana" is part of your name, too.

I've said the same before in a thread where UND and NDSU fans were bickering (I know, it doesn't happen often but I know there was one thread somewhere) that I don't understand why you'd have such animosity for your fellow residents when the states are so sparsely populated. I root for the Griz, except for 1 game each year, and in the lead up to that game then I strongly dislike them (hate is probably a little much).

bobcathpdevil56
November 7th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Let's do some reminiscing. I was just watching the end of the 1997 game again, remembering how bad I cried after the end. I was born in 1986 and had never been alive when the cats beat the gizz. Then i watched the opening kick from 2003 and that made me very happy. So this game has been some pretty good times for me.

bobcathpdevil56
November 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Oh and FTG

Grizalltheway
November 7th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I don't get this dark pink thing

MSU is..... light..... poop and.... dark baby blue. Snap.

Losing to a rival 16 years in a row leaves people pretty desperate for smack, apparently...

wapiti
November 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Word is out MSU is putting up lights. What are the chances the game time will be changed to be later in the day and have some playing time under the lights?
I would guess the game time stays put.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I think regardless of who wins this game there's a chance we could see a rematch in the playoffs. Has there ever been a "Brawl: Part Deux" take place in the playoffs in the history of this rivalry?

SeattleGriz
November 8th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Ran into a lady wearing a Bobcats sweatshirt at Costco yesterday out here in Woodinville, WA. I told her it was going to be sad when the Bobcats lose the Brawl in two weeks. She got all pissy and flew off the handle making a complete azz out of herself. Typical Cat fan.

Well okay, maybe I embellished a little, for we had a great discussion and traded notes on which was the best local bar to watch the game. But you could tell she had it in her.

Go Griz!

Catbooster
November 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Word is out MSU is putting up lights. What are the chances the game time will be changed to be later in the day and have some playing time under the lights?
I would guess the game time stays put.

There was speculation about that, but msusportsinfo posted on bobcatnation that the time will stay the same. It would have probably screwed up a lot of peoples' plans to change it a week or two before the game since so many people plan around this one. Also, the light being added in this phase are not up to tv standards. Another phase will get us up to those standards (and lighting of exits, parking lots, etc. for public safety). This lighting will aloow the team to practice for the playoffs since it gets dark so early and practice starts interfering with classes.

Catbooster
November 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I think regardless of who wins this game there's a chance we could see a rematch in the playoffs. Has there ever been a "Brawl: Part Deux" take place in the playoffs in the history of this rivalry?

No. I would love to see it (especially for a national championship). Things would be crazy around the state.

The other team I would like to meet in the playoffs is NDSU. This year's Bobcats are much improved over last year's. While I'm sure the Bison have also improved, I'd like to see that game (partly due to Lakes and his incessant whining/bragging/blowing smoke about the Bison games last year and how they somehow prove something about this year). Assuming we take care of business against the Griz, it seems likely that we will be on opposite sides of the bracket, so this would only happen in the national championship game.

Walkon79
November 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM
No way this should drop to page 2 between now and the 19th. Let's make it a personal challenge to all Cats and Griz that it doesn't happen again.

Come-on guys. We can't be outdone by NDSU/UND!!!

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Ran into a lady wearing a Bobcats sweatshirt at Costco yesterday out here in Woodinville, WA. I told her it was going to be sad when the Bobcats lose the Brawl in two weeks. She got all pissy and flew off the handle making a complete azz out of herself. Typical Cat fan.

Well okay, maybe I embellished a little, for we had a great discussion and traded notes on which was the best local bar to watch the game. But you could tell she had it in her.

Go Griz!

I was rocking a Griz shirt while in Portland this summer, and got heckled from across the street by some c v n t of a bobcat fan. Hope she enjoys her bragging rights for another week and a half.

frozennorth
November 9th, 2011, 04:51 PM
No way this should drop to page 2 between now and the 19th. Let's make it a personal challenge to all Cats and Griz that it doesn't happen again.

Montanans must have better things to do this time of year than take a collective dump on an internet message board.

Squealofthepig
November 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Montanans must have better things to do this time of year than take a collective dump on an internet message board.

At last, an admission that the NDSU/UND talk is, in fact, a collective dump. +1

Hammerhead
November 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM
We live in Oregon and stayed in Missoula the nights before and after the NDSU playoff game at MSU. We had our Bison gear on and everyone who made comments to us about the game said they were rooting for us because they hate the cats.

Lakes Bison
November 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
i am so disapointed. i thought this was about bra's.

Tod
November 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM
We live in Oregon and stayed in Missoula the nights before and after the NDSU playoff game at MSU. We had our Bison gear on and everyone who made comments to us about the game said they were rooting for us because they hate the cats.

I was only speaking for myself.

frozennorth
November 10th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Davek, please go hide back on siouxsports.

344Johnson
November 10th, 2011, 08:00 AM

Feel free to be outdone by the Bison! Just make sure when you start playing UND that you seriously.....make them feel embarassed to have a football program.

I'm rooting for the Cats this weekend. From what I heard, the NDSU fans who made the trip out to Bozeman last year were treated really well and apparently the Cats fans were just classy people all around. Heck, I don't even think Lakes complained about anything and I'm sure for any Cats fans in his general area at the game(I think he went), it'd be hard not to get mad at him.

No ill feelings towards Montana either for the most part, they might talk a big game but for about 20 years, they have backed up said game with a lot of wins and a couple of championships. Montana, after NDSU knocks you from the playoffs, feel free to cheer for us the rest of the way ;)

griz5700
November 10th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Dude.. Come on. Why would you ever root for msu? It doesn't benefit the Griz in anyway for the cats to win or make a playoff run - especially in terms of recruiting. I want them to lose in embarrassing fashion every time they take the field. I don't like Bozeman, msu, and I hate bobcat athletics - Just the way I was raised. They hate us, we hate them. That's how it should be and that's what makes this rivalry one of the best in the country.

bobcathpdevil56
November 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Suppose i better reply to keep it on the first page.

I do not like anything about Missoula, worse town in Montana.

Grizalltheway
November 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM

What's not to like about Missoula? Best town in the country!.

Agree 100%, devil! xnodx

Squealofthepig
November 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
worse town in Montana.

Bobcat spelling KANT BEE BEET!

bobcathpdevil56
November 10th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Oops. Educator here gonna have to eat that misspelling

Montanan
November 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
... Anyway, Griz fans are doody-faced, butt-lickers :D

dyslexic basstards, http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/Decorated%20images/Cat-tailgate.gif xthumbsupx!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 10th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Oops. Educator here gonna have to eat that misspelling

I think we've honed in on the problem.

Tod
November 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Dude.. Come on. Why would you ever root for msu? It doesn't benefit the Griz in anyway for the cats to win or make a playoff run - especially in terms of recruiting. I want them to lose in embarrassing fashion every time they take the field. I don't like Bozeman, msu, and I hate bobcat athletics - Just the way I was raised. They hate us, we hate them. That's how it should be and that's what makes this rivalry one of the best in the country.

I understand where you're coming from, and agree to an extent. I just have a hard time rooting for a team from, say, Texas, or Georgia or South Carolina or the Northeast...to beat a team from Montana! I wrestle with it quite often, actually. No hatred, though.

I'll be rooting for the Griz as hard as any other Griz fan during the Brawl!!!!

Tod
November 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM

When I retired from the Air Force we moved to Missoula (my wife, kids, etc.) even though we had nothing here. We're from Montana, but not from Missoula. We moved here because of the Griz, the university, and how cool Missoula is. That was nearly five years ago and I can honestly say it's one of the best decisions we've ever made. I LOVE Missoula!!!

If you're looking for the worst bigger town in Montana, you need look no further than Great Falls. I spent 13 of my 22 years in the AF there, and it absolutely blows (pun intended, but equally true without it).

Squealofthepig
November 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM
look no further than Great Falls.

Insert Montana joke about wind here.

(Why does Kalispell always get a free pass? To me it always seems like a bunch of Californians catering to Canadians...)

Tod
November 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Insert Montana joke about wind here.

(Why does Kalispell always get a free pass? To me it always seems like a bunch of Californians catering to Canadians...)

Californians? Kalispell is one of the most conservative parts of Montana! I don't really want to delve into politics here, but I don't know what you mean by your statement. Also, I have very little experience/knowledge of Kalispell, so you probably know what you're talking about, I just don't understand the reference.

Edit: I already made the wind joke. But wind is only one of the reasons Great Falls blows.

CopperCat
November 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Californians? Kalispell is one of the most conservative parts of Montana! I don't really want to delve into politics here, but I don't know what you mean by your statement. Also, I have very little experience/knowledge of Kalispell, so you probably know what you're talking about, I just don't understand the reference.

Edit: I already made the wind joke. But wind is only one of the reasons Great Falls blows.

Kalispell used to be one of the last quiet towns in the state, but anymore it has become a bunch of rich jackasses from (insert east coast state/california/colorado here) that are slowing eroding the fabric of a small Montana town one big box store at a time. Sad to see, because I would probably consider moving back to Kalispell once I'm done working for the man. But Kalispell seems to throw its lot in with a certain team about 100 miles down highway 93, so maybe I won't move there after all.

Montanan
November 11th, 2011, 12:00 AM
just saw on the news that some sort of spontaneous celebration has just broken out in NW MT????????

;)

Tod
November 11th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Kalispell used to be one of the last quiet towns in the state, but anymore it has become a bunch of rich jackasses from (insert east coast state/california/colorado here) that are slowing eroding the fabric of a small Montana town one big box store at a time. Sad to see, because I would probably consider moving back to Kalispell once I'm done working for the man. But Kalispell seems to throw its lot in with a certain team about 100 miles down highway 93, so maybe I won't move there after all.

So, rich out-of-staters taking it over AND a conservative area. Hmmm...wonder how that happened. Wonder, also, why that would bother you. It must be hard to reconcile your two world views sometimes, huh?

THE HERD
November 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM

Thats NDSU-UND right there baby!..........pure hatred and disgust for the other team, but damn its fun! I don't ever cheer for UND, I cheer against them other than hockey I don't care whether they win or lose, cuz I have no interest in the sport. I'd just as soon they lose at that too though.

MTfan4life
November 11th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Thats NDSU-UND right there baby!..........pure hatred and disgust for the other team, but damn its fun! I don't ever cheer for UND, I cheer against them other than hockey I don't care whether they win or lose, cuz I have no interest in the sport. I'd just as soon they lose at that too though.

That's like comparing Ohio State and Ohio with the Griz/Cat rivalry. Maybe once you guys start playing each other in sports again. NDSU doesn't even play UND's major sport. I bet most UND students/fans hate U of Minn more than NDSU. UM-MSU is an insane rivalry that gets tested at all times and is at at least a strong hatred level in all of those sports. Some much more than others. (football) Then it's seen on Monday's in the office after a matchup, at school among the students, or even on Sunday at church. Even in the club sports, this is an insane hatred.

wapiti
November 11th, 2011, 12:29 PM
This thread has been hijacked by politics and about towns in Montana. Lets get it back to the football game and the rivalry. If it is smack, put it in the brawl thread in the smack forum, politics belong in the politics forum.

The Cats being the higher ranked team and being home are the favorite to win this game. But the Griz are good enough to win it too. I expect a hard fought game with the O'Lines making a big impact, and that McGhee does not throw any interceptions (for the season he is averaging one a game) and the Bobcat special teams plays well.

Grizalltheway
November 11th, 2011, 01:12 PM
This thread has been hijacked by politics and about towns in Montana. Lets get it back to the football game and the rivalry. If it is smack, put it in the brawl thread in the smack forum, politics belong in the politics forum.

The Cats being the higher ranked team and being home are the favorite to win this game. But the Griz are good enough to win it too. I expect a hard fought game with the O'Lines making a big impact, and that McGhee does not throw any interceptions (for the season he is averaging one a game) and the Bobcat special teams plays well.

I think we need to play as well, or better, as we did against Weber to pull it off. We've seen flashes of brilliance from the Griz, and flashes of, well, not so much brilliance. Really need to put together 4 solid quarters in this one.

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM
So, rich out-of-staters taking it over AND a conservative area. Hmmm...wonder how that happened. Wonder, also, why that would bother you. It must be hard to reconcile your two world views sometimes, huh?

May have gone a bit overboard with this, and I apologize. Let's see what happens tomorrow, which will certainly clear up a lot of questions!

Phrebert
November 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM

yup you spel lik a bebkat

Walkon79
November 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM
How in the world this this drop to page 5!!!

GtFllsGriz
November 14th, 2011, 10:41 AM
It is going to be a great game. The Griz are FCS sleepers this year and are capable of beating anyone on any give Saturday. The Cats are solid and certainly the favorite.

I, to, only dislike the Cats for one game a year. I have way too many relatives and friends that are Cat alumi and fans to relegate the game to "hate" situation. Heck, even my son went to MSU for awhile. He wears Cat colors and i wear Griz colors....as it should be. I have already taken his son to a Griz game and shouting "go Griz" all the time. But for this one game it is all Griz all day!

Tod, too bad you dislike Great Falls so bad. I know of others who let their time at MAFB reflect on the community. It has been our home forever and wouldn't have it any other way. However, I love Missoula as well and travel there for every home game.

THE HERD
November 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The Griz are gonna get a shot at the number one team in the country, thanks to the Bison pi$$ing it down their leg on Saturday.

Hammerhead
November 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Any word if this is going to be on TV outside of Montana? The game isn't listed on any of the DirecTV channels yet.

Bobcat in NC
November 14th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Any word if this is going to be on TV outside of Montana? The game isn't listed on any of the DirecTV channels yet.

Fargo
The Side Street Grill and Pub at the Howard Johnson Inn Downtown
301 3rd Ave. N.

Bismarck
Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar
212 South 3rd Street

Bobcat
November 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM

I called DirecTV. They said it is on Channel 680. This channel is available with the Sports package.

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2011, 01:41 PM
It is going to be a great game. The Griz are FCS sleepers this year and are capable of beating anyone on any give Saturday. The Cats are solid and certainly the favorite.

I, to, only dislike the Cats for one game a year. I have way too many relatives and friends that are Cat alumi and fans to relegate the game to "hate" situation. Heck, even my son went to MSU for awhile. He wears Cat colors and i wear Griz colors....as it should be. I have already taken his son to a Griz game and shouting "go Griz" all the time. But for this one game it is all Griz all day!

Tod, too bad you dislike Great Falls so bad. I know of others who let their time at MAFB reflect on the community. It has been our home forever and wouldn't have it any other way. However, I love Missoula as well and travel there for every home game.

I agree, and I think the Griz will find a way to pull this one out.

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Has anyone else seen this? I was at KPAX.com and noticed that they are not calling the game the 'Brawl of the Wild' but instead the 'DA Davidson Big Sky Classic.' Has the name been changed or is this just the usual KPAX lameness?

http://www.kpax.com/news/gearing-up-for-the-big-sky-classic/

Hammerhead
November 14th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Cool. I'll have the brawl on the real TV while watching NDSU@WIU on the Web.

I called DirecTV. They said it is on Channel 680. This channel is available with the Sports package.

catbob
November 14th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Has anyone else seen this? I was at KPAX.com and noticed that they are not calling the game the 'Brawl of the Wild' but instead the 'DA Davidson Big Sky Classic.' Has the name been changed or is this just the usual KPAX lameness?

http://www.kpax.com/news/gearing-up-for-the-big-sky-classic/

It's been called that for several years now.

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 14th, 2011, 02:18 PM
It's been called that for several years now.

Really??? This is the first time I have seen that. The Brawl of the Wild sounds quite a bit better.

THE HERD
November 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Cool. I'll have the brawl on the real TV while watching NDSU@WIU on the Web.

Bison game is also on local TV, so you can watch both on real tv assuming you have more than one tv.

THE HERD
November 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
How are both teams looking in the injury department? Both teams pretty healthy or is someone missing some key players? NDSU has definitely been bitten by the injury bug these last few weeks.

Rekdiver
November 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I resent the comparison to a FBS game. Do you think we are smart enought to recognize a big game?

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I agree, and I think the Griz will find a way to pull this one out.

Sheeit, what do you know about Great Falls and/or Missoula.xrolleyesx

Thanks for the support, BTW. xthumbsupx:D

Ginsbach
November 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I've got a feeling the Griz take this one in a close game. No matter what happens, I think both teams are poised to make a deep run in the playoffs and represent the Big Sky quite well. It will be an exciting game - I'll be following it from my phone at Holt Arena on Saturday.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I've got a feeling the Griz take this one in a close game. No matter what happens, I think both teams are poised to make a deep run in the playoffs and represent the Big Sky quite well. It will be an exciting game - I'll be following it from my phone at Holt Arena on Saturday.

Go Eagles! xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Sheeit, what do you know about Great Falls and/or Missoula.xrolleyesx

Thanks for the support, BTW. xthumbsupx:D

My wife's uncle was from Helena, and his son went to law school at UM. So I guess my family has a Montana connection. One of my best friends at Harvard actually hailed from Missoula.

Tod
November 14th, 2011, 04:48 PM
My wife's uncle was from Helena, and his son went to law school at UM. So I guess my family has a Montana connection. One of my best friends at Harvard actually hailed from Missoula.

Cleets?

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM

UM has been called the "Harvard of the West", so there's another connection. xnodx

Twentysix
November 14th, 2011, 05:27 PM
UM has been called the "Harvard of the West", so there's another connection. xnodx

xlolx

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM
xlolx

Okay, it was by Ski Magazine, but still...

Catbooster
November 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
If you can't find the channel, there are viewing parties around the country: http://alumni.montana.edu/events/catgriz/

SeattleGriz
November 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
If you can't find the channel, there are viewing parties around the country: http://alumni.montana.edu/events/catgriz/

For those who prefer to sit with the winning team, here are the Montana satellite parties:

http://www.grizalum.org/events/grizcat/satellites.aspx

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Okay, it was by Ski Magazine, but still...

xrotatehxxlolx I was wondering who said that, but now that I found out its a credible source, I guess I can't argue. Just wondering, does US News and World Report call Blue Hills Ski Area the Montana Snowbowl of the East?? :p

bobcathpdevil56
November 14th, 2011, 06:36 PM
So what does every one think the key matchup in the game is?

I believe it is Bobcat O-line v. Griz front 7. I think if the Bobcats can dominate up front and run like they have been the griz are gonna have a tough time scoring enough to keep up. But, if Waldo and the boys can shut down the run and force Magee to throw (he has proven to mistake prone sometimes) then I think the griz stand a good chance.

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2011, 06:50 PM
So what does every one think the key matchup in the game is?

I believe it is Bobcat O-line v. Griz front 7. I think if the Bobcats can dominate up front and run like they have been the griz are gonna have a tough time scoring enough to keep up. But, if Waldo and the boys can shut down the run and force Magee to throw (he has proven to mistake prone sometimes) then I think the griz stand a good chance.

I think the Griz D will be the best the Cats have faced (other than Utah), and they seem to have enough depth to really shut down teams in the second half.

Our O-line has also been pretty rock solid, and if they can open up some holes for Nguyen and Canada I think we can control the clock and hopefully keep the Cat offense off the field.

All that being said, the Cats are just really solid on both sides of the ball, so the Griz will have to get off to a really good start and play mistake-free (or close to it) to have a good shot at winning. xtwocentsx

CopperCat
November 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM
MSU O-line vs. griz D-line for sure. MSU has had great success giving Kirk and Robinson the push to open up a hole for them to punch through. Last I saw, Kirk was averaging something like 6.1 ypg, which is pretty incredible. Once MSU establishes a running game tempo (notice how I didn't say IF) that will open up the pass. This game will be determined by big plays, and given that McGhee to Akpla is one of the best and most consistent QB-WR hookups MSU has had in quite some time, I think that will be the other place to look.

MSU by 10.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2011, 09:21 PM
MSU O-line vs. griz D-line for sure. MSU has had great success giving Kirk and Robinson the push to open up a hole for them to punch through. Last I saw, Kirk was averaging something like 6.1 ypg, which is pretty incredible. Once MSU establishes a running game tempo (notice how I didn't say IF) that will open up the pass. This game will be determined by big plays, and given that McGhee to Akpla is one of the best and most consistent QB-WR hookups MSU has had in quite some time, I think that will be the other place to look.

MSU by 10.

Agree that the key to the game will be MSU getting Kirk and Robinson going (btw, Kirk is averaging only 5.9 ypc; it's Robinson who is averaging 6.1 ypc). If they get going, the Griz will soon find out why the 'Cats are 5th in the nation in total offense (459.4 ypg) and scoring offense (36.6 ppg). Cal Poly had little trouble running the ball even though they have a one-dimensional offense (top 10 nationally in rushing, bottom 10 in passing), so hopefully MSU is finding areas in the Griz D to attack.

Being at home, where the Bobcats average 41ppg can't hurt either. Not that I expect that kind of score, but I can definitely see the Bobcats getting 30 or more and the Griz have only scored more than 30 on the road once, against ISU.

GrizBowl
November 14th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Forget about NDSU and the Socon, or the GPI and why who should get what seed and why the brackets should be this that or the other. This game will be HUGE, in front of another record crowd in Bozeman with snow on the ground, and the stakes could not be bigger for both sides. The Cats are playing for the outright conference championship and potentially a top 2 seed, while the griz will be playing for a share of the title and a potential seed as well. Both teams have proven themselves in tight spots on several occassions, and both have the capability to make some noise at any given time. Without a doubt, this Brawl will be one for the books. Thank God I will be there to witness it. This is the Bama/LSU of the FCS this year. Let the smack/analysis/prognosticating commence.

While the cats have secured their #1 regular season ranking for the 1st time since 1978, lets be realistic here... The cats only have one legitimate championship to their name (1984), though they tell themselves they have three. This organization has shown promise time & time again only to choke and amuse Griz fans to no end.

Your University's inferiority complex is obvious to everyone but you, and your team simply just does not have what it takes to win when the season is on the line.

I'll be there for Griz-cat, and I'll see the kitties choke as they always do because they simply do not have what it takes to win, and they never will.

When faced with a difficult situation, the cats always find a way to fail.....

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2011, 10:24 PM
While the cats have secured their #1 regular season ranking for the 1st time since 1978, lets be realistic here... The cats only have one legitimate championship to their name (1984), though they tell themselves they have three. This organization has shown promise time & time again only to choke and amuse Griz fans to no end.

Your University's inferiority complex is obvious to everyone but you, and your team simply just does not have what it takes to win when the season is on the line.

I'll be there for Griz-cat, and I'll see the kitties choke as they always do because they simply do not have what it takes to win, and they never will.

Ummm, the Griz have only 2 I-AA championships after a string of 17 straight playoff appearances so the argument could be made that they also "simply just [do] not have what it takes to win when the season is on the line." Pot, meet kettle. xcoolx

CopperCat
November 14th, 2011, 10:40 PM

Don't know why everyone from dUMb seems to think that Cat fans have an "inferiority" complex. MSU is RAPIDLY improving every aspect of its program (first of the two MT teams to get lights on the field, so who has envy now?) and that train won't be stopping any time soon. If you think about how much adversity MSU has had to overcome to get to this point, it is almost staggering. In spite of that, this team is on the verge of something big, and that starts this Saturday. I too will be in my hometown to witness this game for the first time in six years, and there is now way that this team lets anybody win in that stadium except them. With the exception of Utah, MSU has found a way to win every single week, whether it was a good outing or not. I would expect a griz fan to know what that is like because they've done it for years now, but sometimes the blinders get in the way.

And this is coming from two close family members who both went to dUMb: it never was and NEVER will be "griz-Cat," it is and always will be "CAT-griz."

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2011, 10:51 PM
And this is coming from two close family members who both went to dUMb: it never was and NEVER will be "griz-Cat," it is and always will be "CAT-griz."

The fact that you, and most other scat fans, obsess so much over this only goes to show that you really DO have an inferiority complex. Not really surprising, considering you'd have to win 33 in a row just to even the all-time series.

GrizBowl
November 14th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Don't know why everyone from dUMb seems to think that Cat fans have an "inferiority" complex. MSU is RAPIDLY improving every aspect of its program (first of the two MT teams to get lights on the field, so who has envy now?) and that train won't be stopping any time soon. If you think about how much adversity MSU has had to overcome to get to this point, it is almost staggering. In spite of that, this team is on the verge of something big, and that starts this Saturday. I too will be in my hometown to witness this game for the first time in six years, and there is now way that this team lets anybody win in that stadium except them. With the exception of Utah, MSU has found a way to win every single week, whether it was a good outing or not. I would expect a griz fan to know what that is like because they've done it for years now, but sometimes the blinders get in the way.

Because your boys can never close the deal. While your rivals are perennial contenders, you have yet to put forth anything anyone would consider a contending team. Every year you kitties pretend to have a legit team and yet never get past the 1st round.... At least the Eagles can win one; otherwise the reputation of the whole Big Sky Conference would still sit on our backs.

CopperCat
November 14th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Because your boys can never close the deal. While your rivals are perennial contenders, you have yet to put forth anything anyone would consider a contending team. Every year you kitties pretend to have a legit team and yet never get past the 1st round.... At least the Eagles can win one; otherwise the reputation of the whole Big Sky Conference would still sit on our backs.

Typical griz fan living in the past. That's why this team will go the distance, because they don't give a **** what happened last year, or five years, or 20 years ago.

GrizBowl
November 14th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Ya, ok xlolx

Cleets
November 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Here's hoping for a close game (either way) and that nobody gets hurt... ZERO Injuries
Both playoff teams - both strong - both need to come away from this healthy

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Because your boys can never close the deal.

By close the deal, I assume you mean win the championship. How many have the Griz won? TWO!?!?! Wow, you are right! We Cat fans should take our 1* championship and bow down to the mighty Griz. Cuz 2 is MUUUUCCCCHHHHH greater than 1*.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Here's hoping for a close game (either way) and that nobody gets hurt... ZERO Injuries
Both playoff teams - both strong - both need to come away from this healthy

Agreed. I think both MT teams can make a run in the playoffs, provided no key players get injured This should be an entertaining and, most likely close, game. Can't wait til Saturday!

Grizo406
November 14th, 2011, 11:32 PM

Understand your point, but I have a small request...go easy on that "never close the deal" thing, PHULEEEZE?!!?

If you're missin' my point, take a look at what happened to the Griz in Chattanooga at the end of the 2008 & 2009 season...

IMO, that's the zenith of "never close the deal"!xcoffeex

SeattleGriz
November 14th, 2011, 11:35 PM

If you guys step up and stay there, get ready for the fun that is being a stepping stone to bigger and better. Since 1995, Montana has had four new coaches. That's a new coach every four years. Had Hauck won the NC, you can bet he would have been gone long before he did. Try that for adversity.

CopperCat
November 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
If you guys step up and stay there, get ready for the fun that is being a stepping stone to bigger and better. Since 1995, Montana has had four new coaches. That's a new coach every four years. Had Hauck won the NC, you can bet he would have been gone long before he did. Try that for adversity.

Hauck was an insufferable horse's ***, I can't believe you used him as an example of "adversity."

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Understand your point, but I have a small request...go easy on that "never close the deal" thing, PHULEEEZE?!!?

If you're missin' my point, take a look at what happened to the Griz in Chattanooga at the end of the 2008 & 2009 season...

IMO, that's the zenith of "never close the deal"!xcoffeex

Thank you Grizo. That was the point of my 2 previous posts to GrizBowl.

SeattleGriz
November 14th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hauck was an insufferable horse's ***, I can't believe you used him as an example of "adversity."

My point was the adversity that has to be overcome with a new coach every four years on average. To stay at the top like Montana has speaks volumes. Look at what one bad coach did to GSU. Took them five years to recover?

Grizzlies82
November 15th, 2011, 12:10 AM
An honest assessment is the cats should be a 14 point favorite in this one. Looking at how the two teams have played this year, and the fact the game is in Bozeman, it should not be in question. xsmhx

This year's cat team is by far the best MSU has ever fielded. The past champions in 1976 and 1984 did not have this much talent, nor the Lulay led teams. The cats should win another championship this year. This is a chance to shed your Griz envy and show you're back. I don't want to hear about "overcoming adversity". You have the players and the system in place. Now step up and do it, or stop yapping.

All that said, the Grizzlies are going to win this weekend. So suck it up and take it like a man when it happens (no more crying kitties).

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2011, 12:16 AM
An honest assessment is the cats should be a 14 point favorite in this one. Looking at how the two teams have played this year, and the fact the game is in Bozeman, it should not be in question. xsmhx

This year's cat team is by far the best MSU has ever fielded. The past champions in 1976 and 1984 did not have this much talent, nor the Lulay led teams. The cats should win another championship this year. This is a chance to shed your Griz envy and show you're back. I don't want to hear about "overcoming adversity". You have the players and the system in place. Now step up and do it, or stop yapping.

All that said, the Grizzlies are going to win this weekend. So suck it up and take it like a man when it happens (no more crying kitties).

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I'd guess the Bobcats are more likely a 7, possibly 10, point favorite. It will be a game that will be within 1 possession around the 7 min mark of the 4th quarter, if not the final possession.

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
My point was the adversity that has to be overcome with a new coach every four years on average. To stay at the top like Montana has speaks volumes. Look at what one bad coach did to GSU. Took them five years to recover?

How does this thread keep falling off Page 1???

I get what you are saying about using a successful program as a stepping stone to the FBS and that it creates a challenge to continuously remain at the top. However, the opposite argument could also be made that it is easier to attract top tier coaches to a perennial playoff contender. They must do their due diligence when selecting the new coach to ensure that he is the right fit for the program. GSU made a bad selection, but the Griz have been pretty fortunate in that regard (1st year struggles with Pflugrad notwithstanding).

Bobcat in NC
November 15th, 2011, 09:45 AM
xthumbsupx
For those who prefer to sit with the winning team, here are the Montana satellite parties:

http://www.grizalum.org/events/grizcat/satellites.aspx

And by "the winning team", you obviously mean the Cats...

http://alumni.montana.edu/events/catgriz/

The satellite locations are the same, regardless of which team you pull for.

xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cleets?

xlolx Cleets is a LOT younger than I am! He went to Harvard at least 10 years after I did.

By the way, how are you doing, Tod? LTNS! Hope all is well with you.xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
November 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM
xthumbsupx

And by "the winning team", you obviously mean the Cats...

http://alumni.montana.edu/events/catgriz/

The satellite locations are the same, regardless of which team you pull for.

xthumbsupx

I only looked at the Washington sites, but the lists are different. The Cat site lists only one place to view the game in the Seattle Metro area as being in Renton (S Seattle). The Griz list has two places - downtown Seattle and Kirkland (N Seattle). We have all bases covered with the two lists. xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
November 15th, 2011, 09:59 AM
How does this thread keep falling off Page 1???

I get what you are saying about using a successful program as a stepping stone to the FBS and that it creates a challenge to continuously remain at the top. However, the opposite argument could also be made that it is easier to attract top tier coaches to a perennial playoff contender. They must do their due diligence when selecting the new coach to ensure that he is the right fit for the program. GSU made a bad selection, but the Griz have been pretty fortunate in that regard (1st year struggles with Pflugrad notwithstanding).

Not with what the Montana schools pay the coaches. There are plenty of FCS schools that pay double and triple what the Montana schools pay head coaches and don't have the same expectations. Add to the fact both Bozeman and Missoula are small enough that every armchair QB on the street bugs the crap out of the coaches when they see them.

Neither of the last two coaches Montana has hired had any head coach experience. We just don't pay enough. Hope you can keep Ash for awhile.

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Someone care to explain all this "bobcat adversity" that has been overcome?

SeattleGriz
November 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Someone care to explain all this "bobcat adversity" that has been overcome?

Losing

THE DANIMAL
November 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Losing

+1

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Losing

It sucks to admit, but this did make me chuckle a little.

GtFllsGriz
November 15th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Whoa there cowboy, not every Griz fan feels that way. I remember when the Griz went from being losers to one of the best programs in the nation. It started with the addition of a great facility and a coach that garnered the support of the university and community. He looked for players to run his system and thrive. Does that sound familiar. The Cats very well may have turned the corner and be onto something great. As of today they are the class of the Big Sky.

HOWEVER, the Griz have not gone away. They are learning a new system and have some young players in key skill positions. At this point the Cats are ahead in that area because they have been in the system longer and they have recruited some great players. Ash has done it the right way. But the the young Griz "O" (new system & young key players) has shown they have the ability to be pretty darn good at times. And the veteran "D" isn't bad either.

I think you have to look at the veteran Cats and home field and believe they have a distinct advantage. But if I am a Cat fan I am a little worried that the Griz go Weber State on me and light it up. This Griz team is going to continue to improve and gain confidence. The longer they remain in the playoffs the better they will get. This may be the first of two times they play each other. The second matchup could be even more important.

In summary, these players from both institutions were not around during the streak. I doubt they feel anything but confident in the teamates they have standing next to them.

Good luck Cats and GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!

bobcathpdevil56
November 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
We didn't get to watch as much film, that is no fair. Pflugrad is whining.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/article_7cced192-0f4a-11e1-a34c-001cc4c002e0.html

So the gizzlies are already making excuses for why they will lose. This is kind of ridiculous.

SeattleGriz
November 15th, 2011, 12:16 PM

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/article_7cced192-0f4a-11e1-a34c-001cc4c002e0.html

So the gizzlies are already making excuses for why they will lose. This is kind of ridiculous.

This is a strategy employed by Joe Glenn back against Northern Iowa in 2001. The Griz won that game 38-0 enroute to their second FCS title. The infamous tapegate game. The Cats will be crushed.

Silenoz
November 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM

Only in Bozeman would the sports page's front story be about a quote from a Griz coach

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I think you have to look at the veteran Cats and home field and believe they have a distinct advantage. But if I am a Cat fan I am a little worried that the Griz go Weber State on me and light it up. This Griz team is going to continue to improve and gain confidence. The longer they remain in the playoffs the better they will get. This may be the first of two times they play each other. The second matchup could be even more important.

In summary, these players from both institutions were not around during the streak. I doubt they feel anything but confident in the teamates they have standing next to them.

Though I think this will be a competitive game between two good programs, I have very little fear of the Griz going "Weber State" on us. The Bobcat defense is a completely different animal than Weber's or even ISU's, UM's highest scoring road game (apologies for the formatting):

MSU WSU ISU
Rush Def 114.8 (16th) / 172.0 (85th) / 256.1 (118th)
Pass Def 192.1 (39th) / 261.7 (115th) / 182.4 (26th)
Total Def 306.9 (16th) / 433.7 (108th) / 438.5 (111th)
Scoring Def 20.8 (26th) / 32.1 (94th) / 35.9 (110th)

I would be quite surprised if the Griz managed to score more than 24 pts on the Bobcats. The question IMO is whether or not the Griz hold the 'Cats to less than 24 pts.

Grizalltheway
November 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Though I think this will be a competitive game between two good programs, I have very little fear of the Griz going "Weber State" on us. The Bobcat defense is a completely different animal than Weber's or even ISU's, UM's highest scoring road game (apologies for the formatting):

MSU WSU ISU
Rush Def 114.8 (16th) / 172.0 (85th) / 256.1 (118th)
Pass Def 192.1 (39th) / 261.7 (115th) / 182.4 (26th)
Total Def 306.9 (16th) / 433.7 (108th) / 438.5 (111th)
Scoring Def 20.8 (26th) / 32.1 (94th) / 35.9 (110th)

I would be quite surprised if the Griz managed to score more than 24 pts on the Bobcats. The question IMO is whether or not the Griz hold the 'Cats to less than 24 pts.

At the same time, WSU, NAU, and PSU all managed to score at least 24 on MSU, so we shall see.

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2011, 01:46 PM
At the same time, WSU, NAU, and PSU all managed to score at least 24 on MSU, so we shall see.

Yes, Weber and NAU both scored 24, but Weber was on the road. MSU has not given up more than 24 pts at home yet this year. The 36 pts PSU scored, also on the road, included a TD run by McCaffrey in the 2nd half in which he obviously stepped out around the 40 or so (not sure how the official right in front of him missed it). If that play was called correctly, there is a good chance the Bobcats may not have given up 30 pts in a game all year. IMO, there is no way the Griz "light it up". Not saying they can't score more than 24. I also think the Griz D holds the Cats to well under our season average of 36.6 ppg. xtwocentsx

Cats' #5 scoring offense v Griz's #29 (21.4 ppg) scoring defense. Griz's #26 (32.1 ppg) scoring offense v. Cats' #26 (20.8 ppg) scoring defense. 2 high scoring offenses going up against 2 stout defenses. I'm thinking 28-24 Bobcats, but one thing is for sure. It will be a hell of a game!!xtroublex

bobcathpdevil56
November 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Only in Bozeman would the sports page's front story be about a quote from a Griz coach

Positive griz spin master

Silenoz
November 15th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Positive griz spin master
That or I have to witness the continuing obsession first-hand every day

SeattleGriz
November 15th, 2011, 03:51 PM
How exactly did this fall to page 2?

LakesBison
November 15th, 2011, 04:03 PM
can this end in a tie?

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 15th, 2011, 04:11 PM
can this end in a tie?

If it did, the Cats would count it as a win.

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM
If it did, the Cats would count it as a win.

Being that we are the favorites to win the game, we wouldn't consider the game a win. However, we will consider it winning the conference championship. xthumbsupxxnodx

Grizalltheway
November 15th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Yes, Weber and NAU both scored 24, but Weber was on the road. MSU has not given up more than 24 pts at home yet this year. The 36 pts PSU scored, also on the road, included a TD run by McCaffrey in the 2nd half in which he obviously stepped out around the 40 or so (not sure how the official right in front of him missed it). If that play was called correctly, there is a good chance the Bobcats may not have given up 30 pts in a game all year. IMO, there is no way the Griz "light it up". Not saying they can't score more than 24. I also think the Griz D holds the Cats to well under our season average of 36.6 ppg. xtwocentsx

Cats' #5 scoring offense v Griz's #29 (21.4 ppg) scoring defense. Griz's #26 (32.1 ppg) scoring offense v. Cats' #26 (20.8 ppg) scoring defense. 2 high scoring offenses going up against 2 stout defenses. I'm thinking 28-24 Bobcats, but one thing is for sure. It will be a hell of a game!!xtroublex

That much we agree on. All I know for sure is that Saturday can't come soon enough. xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
November 15th, 2011, 05:51 PM
That much we agree on. All I know for sure is that Saturday can't come soon enough. xthumbsupx

That may be true for the us fans and the 'Cats, but apparently Coach Pflugrad would like more time to review Bobcat game film. xsmiley_wix

Tod
November 15th, 2011, 09:07 PM
xlolx Cleets is a LOT younger than I am! He went to Harvard at least 10 years after I did.

By the way, how are you doing, Tod? LTNS! Hope all is well with you.xthumbsupx

Well, sorry 'bout that! You mentioned a Harvard guy from Missoula, I don't know a lot of them. I'm doing great, thanks for asking, hope you are too! Been lurking most recently, mostly since I became a student at UM at the ripe old age of 44 (46 now!), and since the political board went away. Been getting back into it, and I will start voting in the poll again once I'm no longer a student. :)

Grizzaholic
November 15th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Well, sorry 'bout that! You mentioned a Harvard guy from Missoula, I don't know a lot of them. I'm doing great, thanks for asking, hope you are too! Been lurking most recently, mostly since I became a student at UM at the ripe old age of 44 (46 now!), and since the political board went away. Been getting back into it, and I will start voting in the poll again once I'm no longer a student. :)

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10

There is one here.

LehighU11
November 15th, 2011, 09:48 PM
One of the longest rivalrys in college football that no one has ever heard of...

(116 games - Coe v Cornell College (1891)

That stat is from 07.)

Cats/Griz should be an awesome game! Sure isn't Lehigh-Lafayette though :D

147th is on Saturday. To put things in perspective: it's been running since 1884, before Montana was even a state (1889) or either of your schools were in existence (1893 for both).

Grizalltheway
November 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Cats/Griz should be an awesome game! Sure isn't Lehigh-Lafayette though :D

147th is on Saturday. To put things in perspective: it's been running since 1884, before Montana was even a state (1889) or either of your schools were in existence (1893 for both).

That is pretty impressive, especially considering they haven't missed a year, including through two world wars. Griz/Cat is obviously my personal favorite, but L/L and Harvard/Yale are obviously firmly in the top 3 in FCS. xnodx

Grizzaholic
November 15th, 2011, 10:40 PM
750 tickets were released today in Bozeman. Gone in 10 seconds. Praise the internet.

Montanan
November 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
750 tickets were released today in Bozeman. Gone in 10 seconds. Praise the internet.

especially when you consider they were "standing room only" tickets.xsmileyclapx

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM
especially when you consider they were "standing room only" tickets.xsmileyclapx

Lots of excitement for this game. SRO tickets on craigslist going for $150/ea. xeekx With the stadium expansion bowling in the SE endzone, I wonder how good a view most with SRO tickets will have. Not much room other than the NW corner from what I can see, and no way 750 people can fit there. Am I missing anywhere else?

Grizzaholic
November 16th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Lots of excitement for this game. SRO tickets on craigslist going for $150/ea. xeekx With the stadium expansion bowling in the SE endzone, I wonder how good a view most with SRO tickets will have. Not much room other than the NW corner from what I can see, and no way 750 people can fit there. Am I missing anywhere else?

I spoke to a friend in Bozo and he didn't know where in the hell they would be standing...but it should be awesome.

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I spoke to a friend in Bozo and he didn't know where in the hell they would be standing...but it should be awesome.

Yeah, can't see paying that kind of money to stand and prolly still not see the field very well. If I buy a ticket on craigslist I'm gonna pony up the extra $50-100 and get an actual seat.

wapiti
November 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
So if the Cat's win they will most likely get a one or two seed and the Griz will not be seeded, but will get to host a first round game a possibly a second.
If the Griz win, they will probably get a seed and the Cats still may get a seed, and for sure host the first two rounds.
Am I unreasonable in this assumption?

Not that there is any question who is going to win. The Bobcat's will win.

Grizzlies82
November 16th, 2011, 02:48 PM

There will be plenty of room for those 750. The school has calculated in the anticipated number of MSU fans who had passed out in the parking lot prior to kickoff.

Grizzlies82
November 16th, 2011, 02:54 PM
So if the Cat's win they will most likely get a one or two seed and the Griz will not be seeded, but will get to host a first round game a possibly a second.
If the Griz win, they will probably get a seed and the Cats still may get a seed, and for sure host the first two rounds.
Am I unreasonable in this assumption?

Yes, you are unreasonable in that assumption.

If the cats lose (bank on it), MSU will likely host a "second" round game based upon the size of the stadium and good fan support. Then if MSU wins that first game (in second round) they'll likely go on the road for the quarterfinals (can you spell NDSU?).

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2011, 04:11 PM
There will be plenty of room for those 750. The school has calculated in the anticipated number of MSU fans who had passed out in the parking lot prior to kickoff.

I'm sure there will be plenty of MSU fans in the tailgating area w/o tickets that would be more than willing to swipe the tickets off any Griz fans who smoked a little to much cheeba. xlolxxnodx

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty of MSU fans in the tailgating area w/o tickets that would be more than willing to swipe the tickets off any Griz fans who smoked a little to much cheeba. xlolxxnodx

Thieving bastards. xsmhx

CorrosionDoc
November 16th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Then if MSU wins that first game (in second round) they'll likely go on the road for the quarterfinals (can you spell NDSU?).

Provided he didn't graduate from Missoula, he probably can spell NDSU.

MSUBobcat
November 16th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Thieving bastards. xsmhx

Hell, we may not even wait for the dirty hippies to even pass out. Everyone knows they are pacifists and won't put up a fight. xsmiley_wix

catbob
November 16th, 2011, 07:35 PM
One of my favorite things from a Cat/Griz in Missoula a few years ago was a big cowboy MSU fan getting into it with this just skinny as a bean pole, hippy guy with long hair and just a white t-shirt on. haha

Montanan
November 16th, 2011, 08:07 PM
One of my favorite things from a Cat/Griz in Missoula a few years ago was a big cowboy MSU fan getting into it with this just skinny as a bean pole, hippy guy with long hair and just a white t-shirt on. haha

'07, remember as well. had nothing to do with the game! the cowboy just wouldn't take NO for an answer! xlolx

X-Factor
November 16th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, you are unreasonable in that assumption.

If the cats lose (bank on it), MSU will likely host a "second" round game based upon the size of the stadium and good fan support. Then if MSU wins that first game (in second round) they'll likely go on the road for the quarterfinals (can you spell NDSU?).

If the Griz win, that would be an interesting shake up for the "west of the mississippi" bracket. Maybe griz get a 3/4/5?

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM
If the Griz win, that would be an interesting shake up for the "west of the mississippi" bracket. Maybe griz get a 3/4/5?

My completely unbiased opinion (assuming a Griz win): GSU #1, NDSU #2, UM #3, SHSU #4, Maine #5.

SeattleGriz
November 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM

I got in my playoff bracket:
1) GSU
2) SHSU
3)The Montana Grizzlies *****es!
4) NDSU
5) Pete Townsend

MTfan4life
November 16th, 2011, 10:52 PM
What is the over/under for how many times Mony Mony will be played at the game? I don't know if I ever saw a Griz game where they played any song more than once during that game, but when I went to The Brawl in Bozeman, they played Mony Mony at least a dozen times. It's of course the song where the eat **** cheer is most common. I guess that's all the further the creativity goes at games in Bozo. After every touchdown, field goal, kickoff, punt, first down, incomplete pass, holding call, during timeouts, and whatever else: "Here she comes now sayin Mony Mony." Does that get old for anyone else? haha

Grizzlies82
November 16th, 2011, 11:09 PM

As it stands now, and with a Griz win I see the following Seeds;

1. Sam Houston St
2. North Dakota St
3. Georgia Southern
4. Montana
5. Towson (Pete Townsend ? I always appreciated The Who bassist more)

SeattleGriz
November 16th, 2011, 11:22 PM
As it stands now, and with a Griz win I see the following Seeds;

1. Sam Houston St
2. North Dakota St
3. Georgia Southern
4. Montana
5. Towson (Pete Townsend ? I always appreciated The Who bassist more)

Inside joke with a Twosome fan! ooh, I think I might move both of them higher.

ngineer
November 17th, 2011, 12:03 AM

But to paraphrase former Lehigh and Cincinnati Bengal WR Steve Kreider when interviewed by Howard Cosell at the 1986 Super Bowl and asked what he thought of all the hoopla, "It's neat, but it's not Lehigh-Lafayette!" (;-)

Seriously, you guys should have one heck of a game. Worth DVRing if it were on TV back East. My money is on 'State' this time, but I don't see the spread being more than 3 pts. Good luck to both teams!

SeattleGriz
November 17th, 2011, 12:07 AM
But to paraphrase former Lehigh and Cincinnati Bengal WR Steve Kreider when interviewed by Howard Cosell at the 1986 Super Bowl and asked what he thought of all the hoopla, "It's neat, but it's not Lehigh-Lafayette!" (;-)

Seriously, you guys should have one heck of a game. Worth DVRing if it were on TV back East. My money is on 'State' this time, but I don't see the spread being more than 3 pts. Good luck to both teams!

You got DISH or DirecTV? The game will be broadcast nationwide in HD. Of course, I haven't been able to find it on my DISH programming schedule, but it will happen.

I hope to start a thread gameday on how to view if you can't get it via satellite.

Walkon79
November 17th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Whoa there cowboy, not every Griz fan feels that way. I remember when the Griz went from being losers to one of the best programs in the nation. It started with the addition of a great facility and a coach that garnered the support of the university and community. He looked for players to run his system and thrive. Does that sound familiar. The Cats very well may have turned the corner and be onto something great. As of today they are the class of the Big Sky.

HOWEVER, the Griz have not gone away. They are learning a new system and have some young players in key skill positions. At this point the Cats are ahead in that area because they have been in the system longer and they have recruited some great players. Ash has done it the right way. But the the young Griz "O" (new system & young key players) has shown they have the ability to be pretty darn good at times. And the veteran "D" isn't bad either.

Geez, a rational Griz Fan! Didn't know they existed!!

Walkon79
November 17th, 2011, 12:14 AM
While the cats have secured their #1 regular season ranking for the 1st time since 1978, lets be realistic here... The cats only have one legitimate championship to their name (1984), ....

So what division were you in in 1976? Oh that's right, you were'nt even born yet.

SeattleGriz
November 17th, 2011, 12:15 AM

Dude. You can't quote **** 5 pages ago. All you say is pops and buzzes to anyone.

Walkon79
November 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM
What is the over/under for how many times Mony Mony will be played at the game? I don't know if I ever saw a Griz game where they played any song more than once during that game, but when I went to The Brawl in Bozeman, they played Mony Mony at least a dozen times. It's of course the song where the eat **** cheer is most common. I guess that's all the further the creativity goes at games in Bozo. After every touchdown, field goal, kickoff, punt, first down, incomplete pass, holding call, during timeouts, and whatever else: "Here she comes now sayin Mony Mony." Does that get old for anyone else? haha

Haven't been to a game lately, huh. Haven't heard it once this year.

Walkon79
November 17th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Dude. You can't quote **** 5 pages ago. All you say is pops and buzzes to anyone.

Sorry bud, I've been on the road since Monday:o

SeattleGriz
November 17th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Sorry bud, I've been on he road since Monday:o

Fair enough. Glad you are on board, now get up to speed my Montana brother!

Walkon79
November 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM

I was referring to this :)

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM

Overall, it's been fairly civilized on this thread, with the exception of a few fans guaranteeing a victory. Perhaps this is why the thread KEEPS DROPPING TO PAGE 2!!! xmadxxmadx

catbob
November 17th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Yea I'm not sure I've really heard that much, if at all the last few years. We might bust it out for Cat/Griz because as you say, it's the song that goes best with the ESG chant (which I never participate in anymore, I dislike it on a couple different levels). But at least it unifies us for a chant I guess.

I'm definitely guilty of chanting it as loud as everyone else while being a drunk student, but even then I wasn't a fan. The whiskey was though. xawesomex

catbob
November 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM
In the simplest, laziest way to predict the game: if the Griz D can shut down or minimize the Cat running game, it'll be a close game and I might even like the Griz in that situation. If Kirk and Tray get going right away, it could be a long day for the Griz.

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2011, 11:25 AM
In the simplest, laziest way to predict the game: if the Griz D can shut down or minimize the Cat running game, it'll be a close game and I might even like the Griz in that situation. If Kirk and Tray get going right away, it could be a long day for the Griz.

That's probably my biggest fear. If those guys get on a roll early and keep our D on the field too long, I think we're toast. On the other hand, if our O-line can open up some holes for Nguyen, Canada and Johnson, combined with the deep threats we have, I like our chances. This one is just really tough to call, but that makes it interesting. xnodx

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM
That's probably my biggest fear. If those guys get on a roll early and keep our D on the field too long, I think we're toast. On the other hand, if our O-line can open up some holes for Nguyen, Canada and Johnson, combined with the deep threats we have, I like our chances. This one is just really tough to call, but that makes it interesting.xnodx

Couldn't agree more. I think the fact that its expected to be a close game may have something to do with the muted (read: weak sauce) smack on this thread. No one wants to go overboard and have to eat crow.

Found some tickets on craigslist today for $200/pair, not too bad. And they were off a Griz fan so 2 Griz fans out, 2 Cat fans in xlolx

Catbooster
November 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised to see a few more tickets become available. The weather forecast seems to be be getting worse and it's snowing hard in Bozeman right now.

Grizzlies82
November 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM

catbob, that is a fair assessment. Throw in the "Are there turnovers?" question and this should likely size up the game's outcome.

KNUTS
November 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM
In the simplest, laziest way to predict the game: if the Cat D can shut down or minimize the Griz running game, it'll be a close game and I might even like the Cats in that situation. If Jordan and Peter and Jordan get going right away, it could be a long day for the Cats.

Tod
November 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM
In the simplest, laziest way to predict the game: if the Cat D can shut down or minimize the Griz running game, it'll be a close game and I might even like the Cats in that situation. If Jordan and Peter and Jordan get going right away, it could be a long day for the Cats.

Whoever scores more points wins the game. Hah! Kicked your *** at simple, KNUTS!

Edit: Damn...just realized how wide open I left myself...<taps playing in background>

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM

If the Griz are counting on their running game to be the deciding factor, I would guarantee a Cat victory. Bobcat rush defense (#16 in FCS) allows 114.8 y/game. No Griz RB (or Jordan Johnson) average over 60 yards/game. Cody Kirk alone average more yards/game than both Griz running backs. I'm more worried about getting burned by the deep threat, I guess.

SeattleGriz
November 17th, 2011, 09:42 PM
If the Griz are counting on their running game to be the deciding factor, I would guarantee a Cat victory. Bobcat rush defense (#16 in FCS) allows 114.8 y/game. No Griz RB (or Jordan Johnson) average over 60 yards/game. Cody Kirk alone average more yards/game than both Griz running backs. I'm more worried about getting burned by the deep threat, I guess.

You do realize we had 259 rushing yards against you last year, while MSU had 140. While I am sure your defense has gotten better, so has our rushing game.

ngineer
November 17th, 2011, 09:46 PM
You got DISH or DirecTV? The game will be broadcast nationwide in HD. Of course, I haven't been able to find it on my DISH programming schedule, but it will happen.

I hope to start a thread gameday on how to view if you can't get it via satellite.

Nah, only on cable. So if not on one of the lesser sports stations (i.e. ESPNU, etc.) we won't get it.

SeattleGriz
November 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Nah, only on cable. So if not on one of the lesser sports stations (i.e. ESPNU, etc.) we won't get it.

There will be a couple of free internet options (no registration either) if you care to watch online. I will make sure the gameday thread has the links for the online options.

Grizzlies82
November 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm more worried about getting burned by the deep threat, I guess.

"Worried".
Yes you should be very, very, very worried. The Griz are coming.

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
You do realize we had 259 rushing yards against you last year, while MSU had 140. While I am sure your defense has gotten better, so has our rushing game.

xlolx Oh I'm sorry. Is Chase Reynolds still playing for the Griz??? Cuz Nguyen and Canada are a far cry from that man. Are you really claiming your rushing game this year is BETTER than with Chase, who was a stud and racked up 180 of the 259? Actually Cody Kirk reminds me alot of Reynolds - runs angry, not much dancing around, more like to run over you than around you...

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2011, 11:02 PM
"Worried".
Yes you should be very, very, very worried. The Griz are coming.

Don't take my words out of context. I've already predicted a 28-24 Bobcat victory. I'm just saying I'm more worried about a deep pass to Moutra or Sambrano than I am about the Griz rushing attack.

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2011, 11:09 PM
xlolx Oh I'm sorry. Is Chase Reynolds still playing for the Griz??? Cuz Nguyen and Canada are a far cry from that man. Are you really claiming your rushing game this year is BETTER than with Chase, who was a stud and racked up 180 of the 259? Actually Cody Kirk reminds me alot of Reynolds - runs angry, not much dancing around, more like to run over you than around you...

We averaged 140 ypg game in 2010, and 204 this year. You tell me which is better...

SeattleGriz
November 17th, 2011, 11:22 PM

I wasn't comparing the RB's of this year to last year, I was comparing the offensive lines grasp of the new offensive scheme as being much more solid. While we don't have one back that is going to rack up yardage, we do have 2 or 3 backs and a much more mobile QB at the helm. Our overall rushing ability is much better than it was last year.

You will see. I bet we have over 200 yards team rushing this weekend. The only way we don't, is if we torch you through the air, but the way we beat you will be of our offense's choosing, not what your D dictates.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I wasn't comparing the RB's of this year to last year, I was comparing the offensive lines grasp of the new offensive scheme as being much more solid. While we don't have one back that is going to rack up yardage, we do have 2 or 3 backs and a much more mobile QB at the helm. Our overall rushing ability is much better than it was last year.

You will see. I bet we have over 200 yards team rushing this weekend. The only way we don't, is if we torch you through the air, but the way we beat you will be of our offense's choosing, not what your D dictates.

OOF! I jsut got here and saw this kick in the pills!xlolx

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2011, 12:20 AM

That's a bold statement considering MSU has only given up over 200 once all year (213 to PSU, who rushed for 200 on UM before McCaffrey went down). The Cats have held 1/2 their opponents to under 100 yards and 20% to under 50 yards. Obviously we will know soon, but that doesn't seem like a bet I would take (and I've watched most games for both teams this year).

KNUTS
November 18th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Hey Billy Bean stick this in your saber metric pipe... MSU rushed for 173 yards on Portland St while the Griz rushed for 255.

My point is we can break down stats all damn day it really doesn’t do much more than tell you what kind of scheme your team had and how they executed it that day.

MSU has obviously executed very well losing only 1 game this year congrats! I hope it's 2 losses of course.

wapiti
November 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
How much will the weather factor in this game? Single digit tempatures in the morning and fair chance of snow. Bozeman already has 6 inches and another 2 to 8 inches predicted.
I think this would favor a running game and I see MSU with the better running game with two backs that would start on any other FCS team and a third that would also start on most other FCS teams.

So all fans please dress warm.

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM
How much will the weather factor in this game? Single digit tempatures in the morning and fair chance of snow. Bozeman already has 6 inches and another 2 to 8 inches predicted.
I think this would favor a running game and I see MSU with the better running game with two backs that would start on any other FCS team and a third that would also start on most other FCS teams.

So all fans please dress warm.

If the snow has already cleared up, which I think it's supposed to be by game time, I don't see it being much of a factor. Strong winds would be another story.

Grizzlies82
November 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
How much will the weather factor in this game? Single digit tempatures in the morning and fair chance of snow. Bozeman already has 6 inches and another 2 to 8 inches predicted. So all fans please dress warm.

Wapiti, want to bet there are some students going shirtless with "bobcats" painted on their chests?

Vitojr130
November 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM

^Bump to the kyle-man in the yellow suit at the Bison games. He knows his football

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2011, 04:53 PM
If the snow has already cleared up, which I think it's supposed to be by game time, I don't see it being much of a factor. Strong winds would be another story.

Weather.com is showing 2-4 inches of snow tonight and less than an inch tomorrow, so the field should be clear by gametime I'd imagine. And they only show a 7 mph wind, so other than being cold, weather should have little impact on the game. This is, of course, subject to (and likely) to change.

wapiti
November 18th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Wapiti, want to bet there are some students going shirtless with "bobcats" painted on their chests?

I am not a betting man, but I would guess you are right on that.

Walkon79
November 18th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Good luck tomorrow. No matter the outcome I hope it's highly competitive and both teams get some love in the final selections and bracketing... Opposite each other I hope!

Here's to no serious injuries. We want the Cats AND Griz to be at full strength for the run to FRISCO!!

Go Blue!

Catbooster
November 18th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Good luck tomorrow. No matter the outcome I hope it's highly competitive and both teams get some love in the final selections and bracketing... Opposite each other I hope!

Here's to no serious injuries. We want the Cats AND Griz to be at full strength for the run to FRISCO!!

Go Blue!

All of this, and watch the roads if you're driving over here. Looks like more snow before tomorrow.

veinup
November 18th, 2011, 09:30 PM
i'm not gonna talk any smack, just say best of luck to both teams.. hope for a good one. and go griz.

Grizzlies82
November 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM

Go Blue!

Nice sentiment. I agree, here is hoping for a game which lives up to its potential, is injury free, and gains each team some love with the bracketing committee.

All that said, bring tissues Walkon you and the other Bobcat fans are going to need them. Go Griz!

Hammerhead
November 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
There was several inches of snow on the ground and temps in the teens last December and the Bobcats got beat by NDSU, a team that plays most of its games indoors. :)

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2011, 10:34 PM
There was several inches of snow on the ground and temps in the teens last December and the Bobcats got beat by NDSU, a team that plays most of its games indoors. :)

That is what you get when you play the Montana Sister team. We all expected it. Next.

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
this will be on bigskytv right?

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 10:15 AM
this will be on bigskytv right?

Here are all your viewing options.

Audio

Bobcat radio feed
http://xlcountry.com/listen-live/ (This will take you to all of their media links)

Possible Montana radio feeds (WILL ONLY WORK IF SOMEONE AT THE RADIO STATION MAKES A MISTAKE!)
http://www.kxlo-klcm.com/kxlo-online.htm (press listen live in the upper, left-hand corner)
http://www.105thexonline.com/listen-live/
http://www.kltz.com/php/stream.php (try both streams in the middle of the page)
http://kgvo1290.com/ (mouse over listen, click listen live DID NOT WORK LAST WEEK)

Here is the list with links for the Grizzly Radio Network
http://sportsaffiliates.learfieldspo...iates/montana3

VIDEO - four different streams
Based on last weeks results.

Satellite: Direct TV = 680. Dish = 446 and 9516

http://www.gogriz.com/allaccess/ Positives: High quality video Negatives: Maybe no sound, Maybe pay-per-view
http://b2tv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=bigsky Positives: HQ video Negatives: Maybe no sound, doesn't stretch to fit wide screen
http://www.kpax.com/home/ Positives: Stretches to fit screen, Audio Negatives: low quality video
http://www.grizcentral.com/ same as KPAX
http://www.ktvq.com/home/ Positives: HQ video, Sound Negatives: does not stretch to fit wide screen [Stream is video as seen on TV (MTN sports = KPAX)]

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM
thanks seattlegriz. out in seattle at the moment myself, wish i was back home for this one.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
thanks seattlegriz. out in seattle at the moment myself, wish i was back home for this one.

You're welcome. In my opinion, the KTVQ feed is the best one on the list. It is the actual game feed. Secondly, the gogriz feed is the same as BigSkyTV, but better quality. BigSkyTV is my backup if one of the feeds stalls out during the game.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 02:19 PM
12-0 Montana, 2:15 to go in the second quarter. Montana gets a field goal, a safety, then gambles on fourth and goal from the two for a touchdown.

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
griz lookin tough. one more half, boys.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM
12-0 at the half. Both defenses are looking solid, taking away a lot of each other's bread & butter offensive plays. MSU had a pretty good drive going right before the half that stalled, but they will get the ball to start the second half.

This is a good old-fashioned ball-control game, and the Griz have done a great job of continually pinning the cats deep.

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 04:03 PM
36-10 Montana. cat fans leaving the building.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Down 26, the Cats are punting (!) with 3:10 to go. Montana ball with 3:00 to go, on their 20 after a touchback.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Nguyen and Moore both with over a hundred yards rushing - how good is it to get Dan Moore back now?

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM
That's a bold statement considering MSU has only given up over 200 once all year (213 to PSU, who rushed for 200 on UM before McCaffrey went down). The Cats have held 1/2 their opponents to under 100 yards and 20% to under 50 yards. Obviously we will know soon, but that doesn't seem like a bet I would take (and I've watched most games for both teams this year).

...and? 309 yards rushing.

By the way, I would like to say how effing lame the MSU crowd was for leaving the game after they knew it was out of reach. You have a team that is 9-2 and the fans can't bother to stay for the whole game and root their team on. MSU will always be tier 2 until the fans step up and quite being such pussies.

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM

zing.

Cleets
November 19th, 2011, 04:26 PM
How does a 325 pound fullback (or is he heavier than that..?) run untouched up the middle the entire game..?

Wow... just wow xeyebrowx I'm looking at you MSU coaching staff

However: great game plan by the Griz

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 04:27 PM

By the way, I would like to say how effing lame the MSU crowd was for leaving the game after they knew it was out of reach.

Almost as lame as punting with three minutes to go.

The home team is now 4-5 in the last nine Brawls. How's that for an odd stat?

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 04:29 PM
How does a 325 pound fullback (or is he heavier than that..?) run untouched up the middle the entire game..?

Wow... just wow

xeyebrowx

Well, the fact that Moore decided he was a hurdler all of a sudden didn't hurt. It's good to have him back.

Loved seeing all the Griz/Cats players in short sleeves in fourteen degree weather. True brawl style, that.

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Heart

TonkaBison
November 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
That trophy you have is huge what does it weigh?

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 05:18 PM

I have no idea, but you see it takes a slew of 6'5 315 guys carry it.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 05:35 PM

By the way, I would like to say how effing lame the MSU crowd was for leaving the game after they knew it was out of reach. You have a team that is 9-2 and the fans can't bother to stay for the whole game and root their team on. MSU will always be tier 2 until the fans step up and quite being such pussies.

I might add 473 total yards of offense to 250. OUCH.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Still waiting, but I do expect the Cat fans to be drowning their sorrows.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Still waiting, but I do expect the Cat fans to be drowning their sorrows.

bump. still crickets!

Cleets
November 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Double Bump...
Hey who's creating a 10 minute highlights clip (seattlGriz..?)
I had to watch that game on Teh Internets - and it was sketchy at best - I need quality Highlights

Tod
November 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM

The same thing would happen in Missoula. If you don't know that, then you don't have the ability to attend (being in Seattle, I understand).

Tod
November 19th, 2011, 07:55 PM

I don't know, but it's very nice up close. From a (very) short distance, it looks like crap, literally. Got to be honest. Trophies are supposed to look like the BCS (bull****) trophy, or the World Series trophy. Just my opinion.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Double Bump...
Hey who's creating a 10 minute highlights clip (seattlGriz..?)
I had to watch that game on Teh Internets - and it was sketchy at best - I need quality Highlights

The U of M won't allow highlights longer than 2:30. If you are lucky,gogriz will have extended highlights, but I doubt it.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM
The same thing would happen in Missoula. If you don't know that, then you don't have the ability to attend (being in Seattle, I understand).

Oh, I saw it vs Cal Poly and disparaged numerous fans for folding like pussies.

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
bump for the MSU crowd.

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
where ARE they..?

Twentysix
November 19th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Good job griz. You helped a brother out.

Typically I'd root for the cats.

Grizzlies82
November 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I loved the TV shot about mid 4th quarter showing the exodus of MSU fans into the snowy cold.
It was a perfect bookend to the similar shot from Bozeman in 2009.

veinup
November 19th, 2011, 11:46 PM
i liked the shot of TJ and akpla (sp?) slappin a five and chatting after the game. made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. i like that level of respect.

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 12:51 AM
One thing is for certain...
That game has rid this board of the small (but loud) Cat infestation we were experiencing during the week - they are just GONE... *poof

Catbooster
November 20th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Congrats to the Griz. Great plan by the coaches and execution by the players.

That was a beatdown. And I agree, it always bugs me when people leave before the clock hits 0:00

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I loved the TV shot about mid 4th quarter showing the exodus of MSU fans into the snowy cold.
It was a perfect bookend to the similar shot from Bozeman in 2009.

+1. It's becoming a bona fide tradition at this point. xnodxxlolx