PDA

View Full Version : UNH vs Towson Game Thread

NHwildEcat
November 5th, 2011, 08:20 PM
While this week of games is not quite over yet...I thought it couldn't be too early to begin to chat about the biggest game in the CAA this year!

UNH needs to win this to keep the hopes for an auto-bid alive...Towson needs to win to prevent any ties with UNH. Head to head is going to be very important of the course of the final two weekends...

Everyone's thoughts....

UIWWildthing
November 5th, 2011, 08:26 PM
While this week of games is not quite over yet...I thought it couldn't be too early to begin to chat about the biggest game in the CAA this year!

UNH needs to win this to keep the hopes for an auto-bid alive...Towson needs to win to prevent any ties with UNH. Head to head is going to be very important of the course of the final two weekends...

Everyone's thoughts....
I said this earlier, it's the biggest game ever at Towson I would say. A win and the Tigers I would say have a playoff spot clinched, and possibly wrapped up the CAA title. It's going to be a long week waiting for this game, shame I can't make it, as family duties come first. I'll be listening on WNST though.

Mattymc727
November 6th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Huge game. I think these teams are equal in talent. The winner will have a huge step up in the seeding talks. Ill give Towson the advantage at home. I was impressed with UNH today but Im still a skeptic. A win at Towson will have me dreaming NC again.

Wildcat80
November 6th, 2011, 03:52 AM
With nice weather this will be another 48 to 44 affair........with UNH's new defense being the edge!

UNHWILDCATS05
November 6th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Does Towson offer single game subscriptions to their video streaming or do you have to sign up for the month?

Tribe4SF
November 6th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Give the edge to Towson based on their ground game, and home field. UNH defense has shown better lately, but not against a balanced attack like the Tigers. They can throw if they need to, and yesterday they didn't need to. If they could control Maine with that rushing attack, I like their chances to do the same against UNH. I think the Delaware game was an emotional hiccup for the Tigers, which they recovered from nicely.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Phil Steele picked Towson as dead last I believe. Its interesting to go through and see how blatantly wrong most of his conference picks were.

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Bump

UNHFan
November 9th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Shoot out UNH 45 Towson 38 If its a well played Defensive game low scoring Towson 24 UNH 17

Go Cats!

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I expect something similar to the Maine Towson game last week. Not sure of the winner yet

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I'll go with UNH for a couple of reasons:

- I think TU will have trouble with UNH's offense - teams have been able to both run & throw effectively on Towson's D - they're like the slut we all knew in high school - everyone scores on them.
- I saw where UNH had big KOR success against JMU. Expect nothing but squibs & sky kicks this week - good field position.
- UNH did pretty well against JMU's run game (10 points). I expect TU to have better success simply because their OL is better & West is better than Scott but I see TU as one-dimensional, Enders chucking the ball doesn't impress me.
- Experience has to count for something and UNH has a lot of it & TU has none of it

andy7171
November 9th, 2011, 01:04 PM

- I think TU will have trouble with UNH's offense - teams have been able to both run & throw effectively on Towson's D - they're like the slut we all knew in high school - everyone scores on them.- I saw where UNH had big KOR success against JMU. Expect nothing but squibs & sky kicks this week - good field position.
- UNH did pretty well against JMU's run game (10 points). I expect TU to have better success simply because their OL is better & West is better than Scott but I see TU as one-dimensional, Enders chucking the ball doesn't impress me.
- Experience has to count for something and UNH has a lot of it & TU has none of it

You just can't help youself can you. xlolx

Biggest game ever at Towson. If our KO coverage shows up, I like our chances.

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I apologize Andy - I knew that if I talked football, pure X's & O's it would go right over your head. I'll try to dumb it down and goto a smack level next time to include you in the conversation :) How many days a week do you wonder what the hell that Towson diploma got you?

Is that better?

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I think it all boils down to Decker in this one. I can see the UNH defense struggling against the Towson run game. Hopefully Decker and his O can put more points up on the board. Im really excited for this one, I feel like the playoffs for UNH have already started. I wish this was on TV.

UNH72Plus
November 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
UNH's defense has been steadily improving and has only given up an average of 19.2 point per game over the last five weeks. During the same timeframe, Towson has given up an average of 31 points, albeit to different teams except W&M. UNH held W&M to 24 points, Towson 27. Against UMass, UNH held Hernandez to 89 yards on 29 carries, and last week they held JMU to 136 rushing yards. Decker is likely to be the deciding factor. He leads the CAA in most of the passing stats and has run for 363 yards and 7 TDs. This is shaping up to be a great game (Who've thunk it last August?).

andy7171
November 9th, 2011, 06:05 PM
UNH's defense has been steadily improving and has only given up an average of 19.2 point per game over the last five weeks. During the same timeframe, Towson has given up an average of 31 points, albeit to different teams except W&M. UNH held W&M to 24 points, Towson 27. Against UMass, UNH held Hernandez to 89 yards on 29 carries, and last week they held JMU to 136 rushing yards. Decker is likely to be the deciding factor. He leads the CAA in most of the passing stats and has run for 363 yards and 7 TDs. This is shaping up to be a great game (Who've thunk it last August?).
The game will be decided on how poorly Towson's KO coverage allows UNH's offense to start at. Bottom line. The moon ball and squib have been horrible alternatives to KO deep and giving up starting field posisiton. It's not so much the defense is bad, its playing on a 50-60 yard field after every score. Against UNH, that outlook isn't pretty.

Wildcat80
November 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I think it all boils down to Decker in this one. I can see the UNH defense struggling against the Towson run game. Hopefully Decker and his O can put more points up on the board. Im really excited for this one, I feel like the playoffs for UNH have already started. I wish this was on TV.

Amen! Decker IS THE KEY! If Defense gets stops like last week---we win. Just do it!

UNHFootballAlum
November 9th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Amen! Decker IS THE KEY! If Defense gets stops like last week---we win. Just do it!

Guys don't discount Enders. on film he looks like he plays a similar game to Decker. Pretty accurate, can use his legs to run or get out of trouble and can throw on the move. We better pay attention to him as well. I think the key to the game is UNH turnovers. we are Minus 2 and Towson is +5. If UNH plays a clean game, they win, if they give it away I do not think we get a "W"

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I have not seen Enders play this year. But I am sure he is a good QB, you would have to be if your team is is 7-2 in the CAA. I dont think he is as critical to the Towson offense in this game as Decker is for the UNH offense. I think Towson should be able to run the ball very effectively.

Skeeter
November 10th, 2011, 12:08 AM
If the KO coverage for Towson shows up, the defense will play more aggressive then I like Towson...great weather and a large expected crowd can only help!

Mr. C
November 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM

- I think TU will have trouble with UNH's offense - teams have been able to both run & throw effectively on Towson's D - they're like the slut we all knew in high school - everyone scores on them.
- I saw where UNH had big KOR success against JMU. Expect nothing but squibs & sky kicks this week - good field position.

Towson is actually one of the most balanced teams in the country, though they have been chewing teams up lately with the offensive line play and the running game. Lack of experience didn't hurt the Tigers last week up in Maine, either. On Enders, he is probably one of the top three QBs in the conference, along with Decker (my personal pick) and Smith. I'm picking Towson to win this one in a high-scoring game.

VBR_Productions
November 10th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Below is a preview of the game.

http://www.caazone.com/2011/11/09/caazone-game-of-the-week-preview-towson-new-hampshire-battle-for-caa-supremacy/

caribbeanhen
November 10th, 2011, 06:42 AM
as Delaware put up 35 on Towson UNH should be near 50

andy7171
November 10th, 2011, 07:52 AM
as Delaware put up 35 on Towson UNH should be near 50

Take away two kick returns and Towson wins by 10.

GoCats60
November 10th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Does Towson offer single game subscriptions to their video streaming or do you have to sign up for the month?

Email I got back from Towson Athletics...

Peter Schlehr forwarded me your e-mail regarding the video streaming on TowsonTigers.com.

Right now, the only options are for a year or month subscription. There is currently no option for a single event.

Thanks.

Eric Rhew
Towson Athletics

UIWWildthing
November 10th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I wish I didn't have to go out of town for a family get-together. I'd be taking me and the family up to see this one in person.

UIWWildthing
November 10th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Email I got back from Towson Athletics...

Peter Schlehr forwarded me your e-mail regarding the video streaming on TowsonTigers.com.

Right now, the only options are for a year or month subscription. There is currently no option for a single event.

Thanks.

Eric Rhew
Towson Athletics

It's not the same as watching obviously, but all of the Tigers games radio broadcasts are streamed on wnst.net for free.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 10th, 2011, 08:09 AM
How is the quality of the Towson feed? Is it worth picking up?

andy7171
November 10th, 2011, 08:12 AM
How is the quality of the Towson feed? Is it worth picking up?

I have been told it is very good. They use the radio broadcast and have good camera work and sideline reporting. I was told it is just like watching a Comcast broadcast.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I have been told it is very good. They use the radio broadcast and have good camera work and sideline reporting. I was told it is just like watching a Comcast broadcast.

Thanks for the info Andy.
Should be a good one Saturday...wish I could be there

bluehenbillk
November 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Take away two kick returns and Towson wins by 10.

Are you forgetting the rear view of AP's jersey Towson looked at all night?