For those of you who counted out the Colonels...xsmhx
So happy tonight!!!
GO BIG E!

Bam
November 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I just ***** myself.

bjtheflamesfan
November 5th, 2011, 06:49 PM
It pretty much comes down to three teams: Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee Tech

Jacksonville State wins the autobid:
Wins last two games (@ SE Missouri State, @ Tennessee State
Eastern Kentucky loses its last two games (vs. Tennesse Tech, vs. Tennessee-martin
Tennessee Tech loses its season finale vs. Austin Peay

Eastern Kentucky wins the autobid:
Wins last two games (vs. Tennessee Tech, vs. Tennessee-Martin)
OR
Wins either of its last two games AND Jacksonville State loses either of its last two games

Tennessee Tech wins the autobid:
Wins its last two games (@ Eastern Kentucky, vs. Austin Peay)

I think that's about right

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 06:52 PM
EKU in the driver's seat... this weekend's results have altered the OVC's ability to get two teams in the playoffs, I think. If EKU wins next week, I'd probably eliminate that opportunity...

Eastern Kentucky 5-1 6-3
Tennessee Tech 4-2 5-3
Jacksonville State 4-2 5-4
Tennessee-Martin 4-2 5-3
Murray State 3-3 5-4
Tennessee State 3-3 4-5
Southeast Missouri State 2-4 3-6
Austin Peay 2-4 3-6
Eastern Illinois 1-7 2-8

bjtheflamesfan
November 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
That makes the TTU-Eastern Kentucky game all that more important because in all likelihood the winner of that game will get the autobid

ekufbfan
November 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM
okay, just MHO. EKU is at the top of the conference or near the top EVERY year. We BEAT both JSU and Murray State last year at the end of the season. Yet, no one gave EKU any credit (see pre season ratings). We lost at home to UTC (could have won that one) and lost to APSU (that was a total melt down). We lost to Kansas State when they scored aTD at the very end of the game. Our team seems to be somewhat inconsistent, but we are finding a way to win NOW. EKU has more OVC titles than anyone in the OVC and anyone who was ever been a part of the OVC. (Not to mention 2 National Championships, 2 runner ups and a host of playoff appearances). So here we are back in the driver's seat with a chance to add a title again.
GO BIG E!!!!!

Mybe we just need better pr from the spots information department....

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
It pretty much comes down to three teams: Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee Tech

Jacksonville State wins the autobid:
Wins last two games (@ SE Missouri State, @ Tennessee State
Eastern Kentucky loses its last two games (vs. Tennesse Tech, vs. Tennessee-martin
Tennessee Tech loses its season finale vs. Austin Peay

Eastern Kentucky wins the autobid:
Wins last two games (vs. Tennessee Tech, vs. Tennessee-Martin)
OR
Wins either of its last two games AND Jacksonville State loses either of its last two games

Tennessee Tech wins the autobid:
Wins its last two games (@ Eastern Kentucky, vs. Austin Peay)

I think that's about right

I'm pretty sure Tennessee Martin needs to be included in here. They still have a chance to get in.

bjtheflamesfan
November 5th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Tennessee-Martin is a longshot. They need to beat TSU and have EKU to beat TTU and have JSU lose one of their remaining two games to set up a winner-take all game with EKU the last week of the season

chattanoogamocs
November 5th, 2011, 08:40 PM
When will the OVC office be sending the Mocs their OVC championship trophy? ;)

BTW, if anyone missed it, you can watch the replay of EKU/JSU on ESPN3

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/293870/

Congrats to EKU, helluva game.

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Tennessee-Martin is a longshot. They need to beat TSU and have EKU to beat TTU and have JSU lose one of their remaining two games to set up a winner-take all game with EKU the last week of the season

That's all three home teams winning next week. I don't think that's too long of a shot. If JSU doesn't lose, it would set up the possibility that EKU, UTM, and JSU would be in a three way tie.

ekufbfan
November 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Maybe I HAVE MISSED something here. However, If EKU wins the next two (home) games against TTU nd UTM we are the outright OVC champs. We would have beat all the teams having a chance for the title and would have only lost one game (APSU xoopsx). Everyone else has 2 loses as of today.
Go EKU!

bjtheflamesfan
November 5th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I noted that on page 1 ekufbfan. Three teams can win the OVC outright (and the autobid) by winning out: Tennessee-Martin, Tennessee Tech and Eastern Kentucky. Jacksonville State can win it but needs a LOT to fall just right the last two weeks