November 5th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Didn't see this.

18 yards rushing for GSU xrotatehx

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
oh snap. What is the Socon?

biggie
November 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Just heard GSU got the lead back, 14-12. Still much closer than expected. Let downs from both teams of the big game last week so far.

GSU loses to El Cid and GSU beats Woof. An App fan can dream I guess.

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM
2 blocked extra points are the difference...El Cit has one last gasp late 4th

Milktruck74
November 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
What's up with Russell? They really missed him today.

asknoquarter21
November 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
el Cid 1st and 10 on the GSU 25

not much time left

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Does El Cit have a FG kicker????

tingly
November 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
This could about knock GSU out of the playoffs on a loss. They are at Wofford and Alabama the rest of the way and may be an underdog, then a massive underdog. That. or they could be the first 6-win at-large team.

Scratch that, missed a 37 yard field goal. victory formation for GSU

asknoquarter21
November 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM
missed FG

game over

GSU sneaks by

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Missed FG by Citadel from 37 yards.... 2 missed XPs and a missed FG...have to fire special teams after today... 14-12 Georgia Southern win...definitely going to be knocked down in the rankings...

asknoquarter21
November 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM
At first I though GSU might have missed out on a playoff seed, but after looking at it I think they can still get a seed with a win against Wofford.

youwouldno
November 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Wow. I don't know what to make of this, though in fairness Citadel is a tough team.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Ugly ugly ugly game. GSU and The Citadel's B-backs were the only offensive players that showed up to play today.

Got a bad feeling about next week.

asknoquarter21
November 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
a GSU loss next week and a Wofford loss to UTC gives a 4 way tie for the socon championship

make it happen guys

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2011, 04:09 PM
a GSU loss next week and a Wofford loss to UTC gives a 4 way tie for the socon championship

make it happen guys

and a Furman autobid :(

asknoquarter21
November 5th, 2011, 04:17 PM
and a Furman autobid :(

Autobid doesn't matter

all 4 are getting in

Drblankstare
November 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Man, I've heard the SoCon is tight, but this is getting crazy. Last 2 weeks should be interesting. If I was a betting man, I'd say they get 4

CID1990
November 5th, 2011, 07:16 PM
With a FG kicker we beat Elon and GSU. We are so close this season.

Hopefully with some improvement in the young-uns next year, we won't need a kicker to win games.

CID1990
November 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
BTW, where's "GSU will score 60 points" Seantaylor?

GSU Eagle
November 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Several things stood out today: 1. Citadel has a poor kicking game 2. Turnovers killed GSU today. We lost fumbles at Citadel's 11 yard line and 1 yard line today. That took a minimum of 6 points off the board and possibly 14. 3. Citadel's option game is immensely improved over last year. 4. Citadel would be well served to get some semblance of a passing game. I know it is not a big part of the offense, but you need some threat to throw the ball.

GaSouthern
November 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
BTW, where's "GSU will score 60 points" Seantaylor?

That guy is not a real fan.

The Citadel has a great team and I did not expect it to be this close i'm happy we survived. I'm making my first trip to Charleston next year and i'm looking forward to it!

ngineer
November 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
With a FG kicker we beat Elon and GSU. We are so close this season.

Hopefully with some improvement in the young-uns next year, we won't need a kicker to win games.

Nice to see Kevin Higgins has them fighting at El Cid. He's a great coach but in a tough situation.

GaSouthern
November 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Citadel will turn the corner soon

The Eagle's Cliff
November 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
THE Citadel deserved to win today. Our O-Line has stunk it up the last two weeks and I'm not sure it'll be much different next week. It's unfortunate that the job Coach Monken and these kids have done coming so far since Spring 2010 may well be overshadowed by not living up to unreasonable expectations. It didn't take long for many in Eagle Nation (and the rest of the nation, for that matter) to forget about how excited we were a year ago just to have the chance to get in the playoffs and start acting like it's 1999.

We're still capable of being pretty good, but it'll be a couple of years before we have all the pieces back to be dominant again.

GSU Eagle
November 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I don't know about that. Remember we lost fumbles at the Citadel 11 and 1 today. That is possibly 14 points lost.

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Good game Bulldogs. I'm not sure how we managed not to lose, and I sure was relieved when the clock ran out!

Millwoch
November 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
We are a much improved team...but we already knew that. It is time for some wins. Samford is a must win for us even though we have little to play for this year. We have to prove we are creping up on the upper half of the conference.

In other words....No More Moral Victories...We are playing for the W.

straightshooter
November 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Tough sledding for GSU without it's best defensive player in Brent Russell (did not play) and it's best offensive player in JJ Wilcox (injured very early). Lots and lots of shuffling on the OL and two other defensive starters did not play (CB Riyad Jones and OLB Carlos Cave - injured and replaced by a true freshman). Fumbles lost at the Citadel 11 and 1 didn't help, but the GSU O seemed a bit out of sync all day. Losing Wilcox really hurt. Defense played well, but missed Russell in the middle.

straightshooter
November 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Missed FG by Citadel from 37 yards.... 2 missed XPs and a missed FG...have to fire special teams after today... 14-12 Georgia Southern win...definitely going to be knocked down in the rankings...

All about winning...style points with big victories shouldn't matter, just as close wins shouldn't. A win is a win. No matter where you are 14 is more than 12.

seantaylor
November 6th, 2011, 01:32 AM
We need to eliminate the shotgun and pistol formations. I have no idea why you f with the Mona Lisa. Back to basics.