PDA

View Full Version : Best in the CAA

UNHFan
November 5th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hands down its Maine & Towson watching this game I don't see how UNH has a prayer playing them each in the next 2 weeks

Mattymc727
November 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Is it really that much of a spread? Im not sure UNH wins those games, but to say UNH doesnt have a chance is a stretch

UNHFan
November 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
True.. good point not a stretch. UNH Tends to confuse teams and through them off there game.

mainejeff
November 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
What a B.S. thread! Maine will be lucky to make the playoffs at this point. They can't beat UMass even when the Minutemen are bad......and we never beat UNH in Durham.

UIWWildthing
November 5th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Looking forward to playing UNH next week for the CAA championship (for all intents and purposes)

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Nothing worse than when a team's fan goes on an internet fan message board to sandbag his/her team.

Do you win some award for "staying objective"?

NHwildEcat
November 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I don't follow you UNH Fan. As far as I am concerned if UNH wants it they will get it. The next two weeks will be tough, but I can see them winning. The defense stepped up and played huge today. I was rather satisfied with them. They struggled against the run at first, but they made the adjustments they needed to and ended up stopping them when they needed it most!

The offense was off to a great start but struggled the remainder of the game...but I was pleased with the rushing attack again, and that they actually milked the clock down when they were trying to wrap up the game. I always hate when they snap the ball with 15 seconds left on the clock...let it get to under 5 fellas.

At any rate, I am really looking forward to the next two weeks. I wish I could actually watch the game at Towson, but whatever. Two wins and we are CAA Champs! I can taste it!

dwtime
November 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Nothing worse than when a team's fan goes on an internet fan message board to sandbag his/her team.

Agreed MplsBison all the rest of us UNH fans are scratching our heads at UNHFan. We took it pretty well to JMU offensively and defensively although will some offensive line issues UNH clearly wasn't as effective in the 2nd half. JMU is a very good team, it was a nice win today. Tough game next week and records get thrown out the door whenever UNH and Maine play, it will all be fun to watch.

UNH72Plus
November 5th, 2011, 07:08 PM
UNH D gave up 56 yards rushing on the first play, then held JMU to 80 yards on the ground for the rest of the day. This is a team that came in averaging 225 yards rushing per game. Matt Evans stepped it up a notch today - 17 tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery!!

Mr. C
November 6th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Towson is light years better on offense than JMU and probably has the best offensive line in the league. This will be a tough game for the Wildcats and one I'm looking forward to seeing.

GATA
November 6th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Well I don't have a dog in this fight and I'll agree with him....UNH doesn't have a ****ing chance. They're not in the same league as Towson or Maine. Not even close.

UNH Fanboi
November 6th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Well I don't have a dog in this fight and I'll agree with him....UNH doesn't have a ****ing chance. They're not in the same league as Towson or Maine. Not even close.

Not in the same league based on what?

Look at their common opponents:
Richmond - UNH W 45-43; Maine W 23-22; Towson W 31-28 - EVEN
Villanova - UNH W 47-17; Maine W 41-25; Towson W 31-10 - Slight advantage UNH
W&M - UNH L 10-24; Towson W 38-27 - TOWSON
URI - UNH W 31-24; Maine W 27-21; - EVEN
JMU - UNH W 28-10; Maine W 25-24 - UNH

Aside from the W&M loss, these teams have performed nearly identically.

andy7171
November 6th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Have we ever even beaten UNH? I'm considering us underdogs until we actually win this game this Saturday. Our defense gives up alot of points and our kick off team basically give the other team a 50-60 short field. Not a good combo for UNH's passing attack.

Mattymc727
November 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Maine and Towson may be better, but to say UNH is not even in the same league is ridiculous.

MplsBison
November 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
We can probably chock this thread up to another case of a fan thinking that he has to fall over himself to make sure everyone knows the appropriate amount of credit has been given to the other team, like reverse smack talking. I guess the reason is to build up enough internet message board karma so as to please the football gods in the hope that they might allow a victory after all.

A lot of NDSU fans on here suffer from the same mental disorder.

Wildcat80
November 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Course you don't need to prove you are a fan to get to post on here............

Wildcat80
November 6th, 2011, 01:53 PM
If UNH's offense plays BOTH halves and our defense continues to get DIVINE INTERVENTION....UNH will win!