PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh: Mythical Schedule ... How many wins?

alvinkayak6
November 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Self-explanatory.

Week 1 HOME -- The Citadel
Week 2 AWAY -- Old Dominion
Week 3 AWAY -- Montana State
Week 4 HOME -- Weber State
Week 5 HOME -- Northern Arizona
Week 6 AWAY -- Youngstown State
Week 7 HOME -- Harvard
Week 8 HOME -- Georgia Southern
Week 9 BYE
Week 10 AWAY -- Furman
Week 11 AWAY -- Wofford
Week 12 HOME -- McNeese State

I am greatly anticipating "The Fan" 's answer

alvinkayak6
November 5th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Here's my guess...

Week 1 WIN 30-21 (1-0)
Week 2 LOSS 28-31 (1-1)
Week 3 LOSS 17-27 (1-2)
Week 4 WIN 38-14 (2-2)
Week 5 WIN 34-31 (3-2)
Week 6 WIN 42-31 (4-2)
Week 7 LOSS 31-34 (4-3)
Week 8 LOSS 14-20 (4-4)
Week 10 LOSS 21-24 (4-5)
Week 11 LOSS 20-35 (4-6)
Week 12 WIN 28-14 (5-6)

Squealofthepig
November 5th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Oh heck, I'll play along:

Week 1 HOME -- The Citadel - win. The Citadel's D has been pretty porous, and I think Lum picks 'em apart. (1-0)
Week 2 AWAY -- Old Dominion. This one is a coin flip. I like the Monarchs at home, so will say this is a loss. (1-1)
Week 3 AWAY -- Montana State. How the heck does Lehigh even afford to fly out to Bozeman? McGhee and crew pass and take advantage of Lum's propensity to throw pics and win easily (1-2)
Week 4 HOME -- Weber State. Weber is Jeckyll and Hyde; the Wildcats blink at a sun that is up WAY too early, and lose fairly big (2-2).
Week 5 HOME -- Northern Arizona. The 'Jacks outside of their home stadium can be pushed down easier than Bea Arthur. (3-2)
Week 6 AWAY -- Youngstown State. This is another tough call. YSU has been pretty inconsistent, and while the Penguins have a good shot, I think Lum does enough for the road win here (4-2)
Week 7 HOME -- Harvard Many are sold on Harvard. I'm not. I'll take Lehigh here again, and by a convincing margin (5-2)
Week 8 HOME -- Georgia Southern. The Eagles have a tough time in the first half, but make adjustments and shut out Lehigh in the second half. (5-3)
Week 9 BYE - I see Lehigh losing handily here, like NDSU did in the coaches' poll and drop nine points. (Just another dig at my Bison friends)
Week 10 AWAY -- Furman. The Paladins have a bad first half, giving up too many points to Lehigh; they keep it close in the second half, but lose to Lehigh (6-3)
Week 11 AWAY -- Wofford Terriers shut down Lehigh and ride their D to a gritty win (6-4)
Week 12 HOME -- McNeese State - a true shootout, probably a hundred points scored. If this had been SHSU, I'd say Lehigh loses, but in this scenario, I think Lum and crew win by about ten, like 53-43 or some similarly nutty score. (7-4)

This would be one amazingly tough schedule, and Lehigh would easily make the playoffs in this scenario, hosting a second round game.

(Lehigh this year makes the playoffs easily; I don't see them winning the whole thing, but I see them being competitive against most teams that should make the playoffs).

Squealofthepig
November 5th, 2011, 12:34 AM
^^^^^ squeal, well done and not unreasonable...

congrats

Thanks. I like Lehigh, and I respect the hell out of what Lum has done and the direction the program is heading in. I'd just ask that you not go chattownmocs on every discussion. ;) Hopefully Lehigh will get opportunities to prove people wrong in the playoffs.

Engineer86
November 5th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I see it as 7-4 or 8-3, losses to either MT St or Idaho and then loose 2 of 3 to GSU @home and Wofford/Furman away. I would love to see this schedule, and then add scholarships. I would even drive to Newark every year with my former Blue Hen father to see them play Delaware.

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
7-4 or 6-5 for me. That is a TOUGH schedule with a great deal of travel. Kind of like the Notre Dame schedule of the FCS...

alvinkayak6
November 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM
What is with TheFan's love affair with Lehigh? Shouldn't you be singing the praises of Bob Surace and Chuck Dibilio?

Princeton would clearly beat Lehigh.

LOL