PDA

View Full Version : CSJ: North Dakota State Looking for a Real FCS Title

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 10:03 AM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/80-north-dakota-state-looking-for-a-real-fcs-titlte

There was a time when North Dakota State coach Craig Bohl ruffled a few feathers around the Football Championship Subdivision by proclaiming that his Bison team could win a "poll" championship by finishing undefeated in the regular season and ending up on top of the various FCS polls.

Bohl's squad was ineligible for the playoffs at that time as NDSU made its transition from Division II to Division I.

After playing at Nebraska and spending several years as a Cornhusker assistant coach, you could see where Bohl could get confused at that time about the interworkings of FCS.

It turned out that Bohl's idea was moot when South Dakota State ended the Bison's hopes of an undefeated season and a Great West Conference championship with a crushing victory over North Dakota State.

xthumbsupx

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
And speaking of tough defense, NDSU held UNI to just 53 yards rushing when the Panthers came into the contest averaging 202 per game.

Defensive end Kyle Emmanuel recovered a fumble, forced by linebacker Travis Beck, and took it three yards for a touchdown to turn a 17-13 halftime lead into a 24-13 third-quarter advantage.

IMO the reason NDSU is undefeated and #1.....Defense!!

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
IMO the reason NDSU is undefeated and #1.....Defense!!

Defense wins championships.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Defense scores points.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
My favorite line from the story:

It turned out that Bohl's idea was moot when South Dakota State ended the Bison's hopes of an undefeated season and a Great West Conference championship with a crushing victory over North Dakota State.

xlolx

NDB
November 4th, 2011, 10:22 AM
In the words of Julius Ceasar: That SUckeD!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
It's #BisonFriday at CSJ!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/College-Sports-Journal/234435853282713

http://twitter.com/#!/CollegeSportsJ

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
6:11

That's how long NDSU trailed the ENTIRE GAME. 3 offensive touchdowns and an 8 pt win against #2 sounds like a solid reason to be #1

StorminASU
November 4th, 2011, 10:36 AM
6:11

That's how long NDSU trailed the ENTIRE GAME. 3 offensive touchdowns and an 8 pt win against #2 sounds like a solid reason to be #1

OK, but what about not trailing at all, 3 offensive touchedowns, with a 7 point win against #1?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
OK, but what about not trailing at all, 3 offensive touchedowns, with a 7 point win against #1?

When you start at #5, you don't get to be #1 As for the NDSU performance.....

Mostly a couple of special teams hiccups. Opening kickoff was returned way too far and a monster goal line stand gave UNI a 3 pt lead, which is the only one they had. Long methodical drives are the bread and butter of this Bison offense. With an efficient passer like Jensen and hard, up the middle runs by McNorton and Ojuri, the Bison can put the points up and eat the clock better than anyone.

Speed and flash only get you so far. This isn't the SEC. I'm disappointed they softened up so much they gave up that last touchdown, especially with the RS Freshman in, but I'm very satisfied with the Bison performance. No worries there.

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM
NDSU is in its rightful place amongst the FCS. its mere shananigan's, time for a real challenge like the FBS!

StorminASU
November 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM
When you start at #5, you don't get to be #1 As for the NDSU performance.....

Mostly a couple of special teams hiccups. Opening kickoff was returned way too far and a monster goal line stand gave UNI a 3 pt lead, which is the only one they had. Long methodical drives are the bread and butter of this Bison offense. With an efficient passer like Jensen and hard, up the middle runs by McNorton and Ojuri, the Bison can put the points up and eat the clock better than anyone.

Speed and flash only get you so far. This isn't the SEC. I'm disappointed they softened up so much they gave up that last touchdown, especially with the RS Freshman in, but I'm very satisfied with the Bison performance. No worries there.

Yeah that was a firm tongue in cheek statement, haha. Congrats on the #1

BisonBacker
November 4th, 2011, 11:10 AM
NDSU is in its rightful place amongst the FCS. its mere shananigan's, time for a real challenge like the FBS!
Please go crawl back under a rock!

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
bisonbacker. who are you ? seriously, you always talking smack.

Im sorry that I as a NDSU fan want to be the next Boise State, and not just "king of the 10 actual FCS teams"

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
We Leopard fans feel honored to have opened the season by being annihilated by the very best.

StorminASU
November 4th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Im sorry that I as a NDSU fan want to be the next Boise State, and not just "king of the 10 actual FCS teams"

I don't think you're king yet.

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM

Tell that to EWU, Villanova, App State, etc...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM

I must agree with BB. Boise State has an athletic budget twice that of NDSU. Even if NDSU went FBS, they would be lucky to be on par with a middle of the road MAC team. Nobody but you wants this.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Boise State won 6 Big Sky championships, Idaho has won 8 BSC championships, Nevada won 2 BSC titles. Don't you think you should win the MVFC a couple times before talking about the FBS?

FargoBison
November 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM
If NDSU went FBS we'd be a lot like Idaho...sorry to crush your dreams lakes. But Boise is the exception not the rule.

MTfan4life
November 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM

When exactly was the last time NDSU actually was the official king of football at any level? The Minnesota Twins have a more recent championship than the Bison football team.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM
When exactly was the last time NDSU actually was the official king of football at any level? The Minnesota Twins have a more recent championship than the Bison football team.

1990 they were DII Champions

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 11:57 AM

I mean really, it's been 8 years since NDSU beat Montana as a DII school.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 11:58 AM
1990 they were DII Champions

When DII was a real division.

MTfan4life
November 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I mean really, it's been 8 years since NDSU beat Montana as a DII school.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't asking when they last beat Montana. He said king, and they haven't been a champion since the first H W. Bush Administration. Beating Montana once doesn't make you a king of anything.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty sure I wasn't asking when they last beat Montana. He said king, and they haven't been a champion since the first H W. Bush Administration. Beating Montana once doesn't make you a king of anything.

If it did then we were king in 2006 when DII North Dakota beat Northern Iowa.

katstrapper
November 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Probably a pretty good reason why Sam Houston is 8-0 right now.

stevdock
November 4th, 2011, 12:14 PM

OUCH!! Sad but true. It's time to get that taken care of.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Probably a pretty good reason why Sam Houston is 8-0 right now.

Doesn't hurt to be in the Southland either.

BisonBacker
November 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM

You are an embarassment to all NDSU fans when you post **** like this. Slamming other FCS fans and schools in the process when you post is pretty much an automatic.

344Johnson
November 4th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Really wish Lakes would tone down the NDSU to FBS talk. It is unnecessary at this moment in time, we have yet to win a conference championship yet and he is spouting off on how we are the next Boise St.....yeah, that'd be cool, but it is probably just not going to happen.

I

TheBisonator
November 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I just wish that whenever Lakes posts a crap post that every other poster didn't quote him and respond to it one-by-one, while ignoring the fact that other Bison posters in the thread want him to shut the hell up.

BisonBacker
November 4th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Is it a wonder NDSU fans get **** on any schools message board? Any team we play that has a fan message board that troll lakes is over there a year in advance registering and stirring the pot, pissing off people and generally giving NDSU its teams and fans a black eye. The guy needs to get a life and get off the message boards.

TheBisonator
November 4th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Is it a wonder NDSU fans get **** on any schools message board? Any team we play that has a fan message board that troll lakes is over there a year in advance registering and stirring the pot, pissing off people and generally giving NDSU its teams and fans a black eye. The guy needs to get a life and get off the message boards.

We unfortunately have what amounts to Cerberus in our fan base: Lakes, JBB and MplsBison.

katstrapper
November 4th, 2011, 02:06 PM

AAhh, another comment to slight why SHSU is 8-0. I guess your next comment would be that SHSU couldnt compete in the MVFC? I have already read comments that SHSU couldnt compete in the Southern Conference.

I commented to the "defense wins championships" comment and why that is the reason SHSU is 8-0. Doesnt have ***** to do with SLC.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
AAhh, another comment to slight why SHSU is 8-0. I guess your next comment would be that SHSU couldnt compete in the MVFC? I have already read comments that SHSU couldnt compete in the Southern Conference.

I commented to the "defense wins championships" comment and why that is the reason SHSU is 8-0. Doesnt have ***** to do with SLC.

SHSU is the worst 8-0 team in the country. :D

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM
are you guys kidding me? what a bunch of wimps, no wonder NDSU and FARGO wont ever be bigtime, too many people like you thinking like lil 7th grade girls.

its a MESSaGE BOARD, OPINION, ENTERTAINMENT. get that through your heads, and if anyone really gets bent outta shape over it, then your life must be quite dull, seriously.. get over it.

You're telling me that people across the country care about F C S ? really? get a clue. and if people are mad at me for talking about the future and fbs and getting mad over it, then you got issue's. FBS IS WHERE A UNIVERSITY BECOMES A NATIONWIDE U, you get on ESPN, you get in newspapers with your standings, you get on video games.

Im not bad for NDSU, I pimp NDSU all over the place, big cities, big places, get on KFAN, other radio stations, heck Montana St fans wrote an editorial for me, I organized watch parties, tailgates in other cities. I never bad mouth coaches or players, I never say hateful things (EXCEPT TO DARREL, HE IS A LOSER).

take a deep breath girls and NDSU is #1 for a reason and anything less than a title is gonna hurt hard.

BISONBACKER I need a life?? are you living under a rock. Ive done more in my life than most of you wet dream about. I got season tickets for NDSU, Gophers fball, VIKINGS, TWINS, I travel and watch these teams on the roads and get adventure across the USA. I party in Vegas, Florida, hang with beautiful ladies, heading to puerto rico next month, spring break each march, I live on a lake and HUNT AND FISH AND BOAT every day. You need to slow your ROLL kid.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
SHSU is the worst 8-0 team in the country. :D

Hey, it does say in his signature that second place is the first place loser....just sayin' (just good natured smack...I wouldn't want to catch SHSU on the road any time soon).

TheBisonator
November 4th, 2011, 02:24 PM
BISONBACKER I need a life?? are you living under a rock. Ive done more in my life than most of you wet dream about. I got season tickets for NDSU, Gophers fball, VIKINGS, TWINS, I travel and watch these teams on the roads and get adventure across the USA. I party in Vegas, Florida, hang with beautiful ladies, heading to puerto rico next month, spring break each march, I live on a lake and HUNT AND FISH AND BOAT every day. You need to slow your ROLL kid.

Government checks paying off, I guess...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM
are you guys kidding me? what a bunch of wimps, no wonder NDSU and FARGO wont ever be bigtime, too many people like you thinking like lil 7th grade girls.

its a MESSaGE BOARD, OPINION, ENTERTAINMENT. get that through your heads, and if anyone really gets bent outta shape over it, then your life must be quite dull, seriously.. get over it.

You're telling me that people across the country care about F C S ? really? get a clue. and if people are mad at me for talking about the future and fbs and getting mad over it, then you got issue's. FBS IS WHERE A UNIVERSITY BECOMES A NATIONWIDE U, you get on ESPN, you get in newspapers with your standings, you get on video games.

Im not bad for NDSU, I pimp NDSU all over the place, big cities, big places, get on KFAN, other radio stations, heck Montana St fans wrote an editorial for me, I organized watch parties, tailgates in other cities. I never bad mouth coaches or players, I never say hateful things (EXCEPT TO DARREL, HE IS A LOSER).

take a deep breath girls and NDSU is #1 for a reason and anything less than a title is gonna hurt hard.

Get over yourself. Really.

Who cares if anyone else around the country cares about FCS? It is exciting to us, has provided NDSU with national exposure. I was born in raised in Fargo, graduated from NDSU and wouldn't trade it for a minute for anything. I live in Columbus now and couldn't care less about Ohio State. I have a family so I guess I don't give a crap about partying any more although I have done it in all those fun places too.

Bottom line, NDSU will never come up with the cash to be big time, Ohio state's budget is 120 million dollars and their stadium seats 100,000. You know what they think of Central Michigan? Same as they do NDSU. Maybe they've heard of it because it's in the MAC.

As for the kid crack. Temperance is a sign of maturity.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Am I a loser by correcting all the BS you spout about on different message boards even though 99.9% of fans know its crap. You have major issues. Is that all you care about is video games and ESPN? Eastern Michigan one of the worst teams in college football who averages about 5000 fans a game, they are on the video game, and their standings are in the paper, but are their games on ESPN? Do they have games on ABC? Do they have their own sports network? NDSU could be the next Eastern Michigan. It takes $$$ to move up another division. I know at NDSU football is king but why sacrifice basketball, wrestling, and volleyball to have your school be in NCAA 14 for PS3.

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM
you're a LOSER. because you bring nothing to the table, Your team hasnt won 1 solid D1 game in 5 years. Your school oppresses indians, take's nazi-sympathizer's money and your fans punch walls at XCEL center and flip off michigan players on ESPN, oh, your coach flips off refs on tv too.

All of our "other NCAA sports" already make the NCAA's tournaments, unlike Your school that has made zero. SO YES NDSU WOULD DO BETTER THAN
ANY MAC or WAC TEAM RIGHT NOW AS A COMPLETE D1 UNIVERSITY.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM
you're a LOSER. because you bring nothing to the table, Your team hasnt won 1 solid D1 game in 5 years. Your school oppresses indians, take's nazi-sympathizer's money and your fans punch walls at XCEL center and flip off michigan players on ESPN, oh, your coach flips off refs on tv too.

All of our "other NCAA sports" already make the NCAA's tournaments, unlike Your school that has made zero. SO YES NDSU WOULD DO BETTER THAN
ANY MAC or WAC TEAM RIGHT NOW AS A COMPLETE D1 UNIVERSITY.

UND although still in transition...made the CIT basketball tournament this spring. And NDSU players don't do wrong..does Best Buy ring a bell and the numerous DUI's. Yep your players are saints.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I'd be interesting to get all of you NDSU fans, along with Darell, in a room together (preferably a bar, so I could have a cocktail while watching) to continue this conversation. I wonder how much things would change if this discussion were going on face-to-face? It's pretty easy for things to turn into smack when everyone, including myself, can hide behind an Avatar.

You all need to meet up at BWW's across the street from the Dome and grab some beers together. Lakes probably isn't near as big of a douche in person, and Darell is probably an alright guy too (for a Sioux fan, that is). Who knows, maybe you guys were sitting infront/behind of one another at the UNI game high-fiving after big plays last weekend?!

Can't we all just get along, or does every NDSU-based topic have to turn into something like this... xrotatehx

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
the best buy guys DIDNT EVEN PLAY A SNAP. Dui's? 1 in 7 in minnesota have one.

if you wanna play that game DANNY KRISTO *****.

Listen.. Ive proven my point, You have proven your a douche.

JACKED. he is a the ONLY FAN for them, thats why. It only gets stirred up becuz he has to post in every thread, has to be the last word in every thread and he is never right. he has nothing to show to back up his team or university. they havent done a thing.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'd be interesting to get all of you NDSU fans, along with Darell, in a room together (preferably a bar, so I could have a cocktail while watching) to continue this conversation. I wonder how much things would change if this discussion were going on face-to-face? It's pretty easy for things to turn into smack when everyone, including myself, can hide behind an Avatar.

You all need to meet up at BWW's across the street from the Dome and grab some beers together. Lakes probably isn't near as big of a douche in person, and Darell is probably an alright guy too (for a Sioux fan, that is). Who knows, maybe you guys were sitting infront/behind of one another at the UNI game high-fiving after big plays last weekend?!

Can't we all just get along, or does every NDSU-based topic have to turn into something like this... xrotatehx

Forget BWW's This is a conversation for Chubs

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Forget BWW's This is a conversation for Chubs

Forget Chubs, this convo is better served at the Nestor... :D

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Forget Chubs, this convo is better served at the Nestor... :D

Lakes and his buddy JBB prefer the I-Beam.xlolx

DJKyR0
November 4th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I think we're going to beat Indiana State on Saturday.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 03:21 PM

JACKED. he is a the ONLY FAN for them, thats why. It only gets stirred up becuz he has to post in every thread, has to be the last word in every thread and he is never right. he has nothing to show to back up his team or university. they havent done a thing.

Wrong again!!!
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/32259/

Johnson, a 6-foot-4, 260-pound sophomore from Chaska, Minn., started all but one game last season. Reid, a 6-foot-1, 273-pound redshirt freshman from Milwaukee, Wis., played in five games.
Johnson and Reid are among 12 people charged with taking as much as $150,000 in merchandise from a Best Buy store in Fargo between September and February

DJKyR0
November 4th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Wrong again!!!
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/32259/

Maybe he meant after the offense? Not being sarcastic, honest appraisal. Garrett Johnson was expected to be a big part of our pass rush in 2009 and his removal is a reason why Scott Stoczynski was starting that year and in 2010. Scott has killer hair, as an aside.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 4th, 2011, 03:41 PM

I hear you man, but you know what I'm saying... Like you said earlier, "this is a message board/opinion/entertainment". We are all obviously big fans of our team, bored, and have nothing better to do than post on here. That's all there is to it.

DJKyR0
November 4th, 2011, 03:59 PM
We are all obviously big fans of our team, bored, and have nothing better to do than post on here. That's all there is to it.

Speak for yourself! I have better things to do than post on here, I simply choose the option that requires the least effort. You should all thank me for choosing lethargy over action.

:)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Get over yourself. Really.

Who cares if anyone else around the country cares about FCS? It is exciting to us, has provided NDSU with national exposure. I was born in raised in Fargo, graduated from NDSU and wouldn't trade it for a minute for anything. I live in Columbus now and couldn't care less about Ohio State. I have a family so I guess I don't give a crap about partying any more although I have done it in all those fun places too.

Bottom line, NDSU will never come up with the cash to be big time, Ohio state's budget is 120 million dollars and their stadium seats 100,000. You know what they think of Central Michigan? Same as they do NDSU. Maybe they've heard of it because it's in the MAC.

As for the kid crack. Temperance is a sign of maturity.

That's quite beautiful and the exact mantra I've stated to the people that need outside affirmation from others. I found another real well adjusted NDSU fan and truth be told there is quite a growing list of you guys now

DJKyR0
November 4th, 2011, 06:36 PM
you guys
http://lobshots.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/robertdjr.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2011, 06:48 PM
http://lobshots.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/robertdjr.jpgxlolx
See, there's a lot of you, like I said.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2011, 06:50 PM
xlolx
See, there's a lot of you, like I said.

xbawlingx

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM
http://lobshots.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/robertdjr.jpg

Hahaha! That almost made me piss myself...well, not really, but funny either way!.....Whaddya mean, YOU PEOPLE?

frozennorth
November 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM
made the CIT basketball tournament lol

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2011, 07:05 PM
xbawlingx

No crying 26, I meant there's a lot of you GOOD ONES making the list expand. You're in there li'l buddy!

TheBisonator
November 4th, 2011, 07:05 PM
lol

Yeah, I kind of laughed at that too.

But back to the digressed topic, Lakes needs to get a job.

frozennorth
November 4th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Am I a loser by correcting all the BS you spout about on different message boards even though 99.9% of fans know its crap. You have major issues. Is that all you care about is video games and ESPN? Eastern Michigan one of the worst teams in college football who averages about 5000 fans a game, they are on the video game, and their standings are in the paper, but are their games on ESPN? Do they have games on ABC? Do they have their own sports network? NDSU could be the next Eastern Michigan. It takes $$$ to move up another division. I know at NDSU football is king but why sacrifice basketball, wrestling, and volleyball to have your school be in NCAA 14 for PS3.
Eastern michigan is 5-3, with their losses to mac leader toledo, 7-1 michigan and 8-1 penn state. They will win more games than fresno state and idaho combined.

Eastern michigan is a random directional school in a poor state dominiated by um and msu. Ndsu is the big fish in the upper midwest, and fargo is secretly a very wealthy city. The situtions are very different.

TheBisonator
November 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
It's easy to have a good defense when you face the bottom 1/4 of offensive scoring teams in the FCS....

Oh Jesus... And the HE drops in....

sgt smash
November 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
It's easy to have a good defense when you face the bottom 1/4 of offensive scoring teams in the FCS....

Here we go again. Why else does NDSU suck?

frozennorth
November 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Here we go again. Why else does NDSU suck?

I hear their green field and green jerseys give them an unfair advantage!

TheBisonator
November 4th, 2011, 07:22 PM
wow, good for you

you travel to see football games and fish on a boat

nice life there

Better life than playing StarFox 64 in your mom's basement 17 hours per day and sleeping the other 7

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Better life than playing StarFox 64 in your mom's basement 17 hours per day and sleeping the other 7

Hey! Leave StarFox 64 out of this.... :D

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hey! Leave StarFox 64 out of this.... :D

PEPPY SAYS: never give up! Trust your insticts

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2011, 07:53 PM
PEPPY SAYS: never give up! Trust your insticts

Ojuri: DO A BARREL ROLL!

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
NDSU is looking for a win against Indiana St, without that they will not remain #1.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM
lol

Why is the CIT tourny funny. Gee Frozennorth for a guy who attends UND you should know UND is NOT eligible until 2012 to participate in the postseason. So for winning the Great West UND got an autobid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_CollegeInsider.com_Tournament

23 of the participants were selected from teams that were not invited to the 2011 NCAA Tournament or the 2011 National Invitation Tournament.[1] The winner of the 2011 Great West Conference Men's Basketball Tournament, North Dakota, received an automatic bid to the CIT.

Sorry NDSU didn't make it but Oral Roberts did, Northern Iowa did. So again what is so funny about it??

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 10:40 PM
why are you posting in a NDSU title thread. GTFO loser.

frozennorth
November 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Why is the CIT tourny funny. Gee Frozennorth for a guy who attends UND you should know UND is NOT eligible until 2012 to participate in the postseason. So for winning the Great West UND got an autobid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_CollegeInsider.com_Tournament

Sorry NDSU didn't make it but Oral Roberts did, Northern Iowa did. So again what is so funny about it??
I work at a bar in GF. There was a group of tall lanky, awkward guys who came in every Wednesday. I later found out they were the basketball team and laughed.

Seriously und won the worst conference in D1. Good for them. They still lost to ndsu by 30. They got the equivilent of a PL autobid to a 3rd rate tournament.

344Johnson
November 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM

Easy for Lehigh to get wins when they don't play anyone at all.

I'm guessing Michigan State has a bad defense now because they play in a conference that doesn't have very many prolific offenses.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM

Wait you do realize the Valley has 5 teams in the Top 50 nationally scoring. One of which is Youngstown who is 2nd.

The Patriot League on the other hand has 2 teams in the Top 50 nationally scoring led by Lehigh who is 5th.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2011, 11:58 PM
well, ok, thanks -- good to know

by the way, did you know that NDSU's opponents ranked, on average, 79th in offensive scoring in the FCS so far this year?

I hope this helps

What about Lehigh's?

I am legitimately curious. And yes NDSU had a weak OOC schedule that is bringing that average down, but if you would have ever watched them you would see how good that defense is.

frozennorth
November 5th, 2011, 12:21 AM
well, ok, thanks -- good to know

by the way, did you know that NDSU's opponents ranked, on average, 79th in offensive scoring in the FCS so far this year?

I hope this helps

Minnesota plays in the big10, which boasts maybe as many as 5 of the top10 defenses in the bcs division.

St francis is bad, lafayette kinda bad. The rest of the mvfc teams play pretty good mvfc defenses and good big10 d's in the bcs money games (yes, minnesotas d sucks). When you play lots of good d's, your offensive stats aren't going to look as good.

Hope this helps.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2011, 12:25 AM

Shut the **** up lakes. If your life is so great get out there and enjoy it instead of posting on a "smalltime" message board like this.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
sorry, but isn't this a thread for NDSU?

NDSU's opponents ranked, on average, 79th in offensive scoring in the FCS so far this year

I hope this helps

Small minds are easily amused...right.

Get out of this NDSU thread.

Ya, we all know your Lehigh team is all world and would probably beat the Packers. Lehigh plays in a "weak" conference and would be a middle of the pack team in the MV....period.

Hope that helps......oops!

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 09:16 AM
NDSU is just looking for a win today xthumbsupx
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0901/topcovers.70s/images/771128.jpg

Hammerhead
November 5th, 2011, 10:51 AM
NDSU had been in postseason action an average of 2 out of every 3 years from the late 60s up to the turn of the century. That's why us fans are so excited to be back in contention again.

FWIW, NDSU won 3 poll championships in the College division that preceded Division I-AA after winning the following games:

1965 Pecan Bowl: NDSU 20, Grambling 7
1968 Pecan Bowl: NDSU 23, Arkansas State 14
1969 Camellia Bowl: NDSU 30, Montana 3

LakesBison
November 5th, 2011, 11:17 AM
choas. haha. WOO youre COOL Im shooting bambi right now! GO NDSU 27-10 win today

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 12:22 PM
NDSU had been in postseason action an average of 2 out of every 3 years from the late 60s up to the turn of the century. That's why us fans are so excited to be back in contention again.

FWIW, NDSU won 3 poll championships in the College division that preceded Division I-AA after winning the following games:

1965 Pecan Bowl: NDSU 20, Grambling 7
1968 Pecan Bowl: NDSU 23, Arkansas State 14
1969 Camellia Bowl: NDSU 30, Montana 3

1970 Camellia Bowl: NDSU 31, Montana 16 - College Division West Region Champions 9-0-1

LakesBison
November 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM
10-3 ndsu over Larry bird

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
10-3 ndsu over Larry bird

10 10

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
17-10 at the half, NDSU leads

LakesBison
November 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Still rolling 9-0 #1 NEXTTTTTTTTTTT!

Bearkats94
November 5th, 2011, 10:00 PM

We will see when we met in the play-offs.

steelbison
November 5th, 2011, 11:47 PM

Lakes, don't you get tired of spewing the same old garbage. You and mplsbison give Bison fans a bad name. In fact lakes NDSU doesn't want anything to do with you. From what I was told you've been banned from attending games or tailgating.

Apparently even that hasn't detoured you from making an *** of yourself on all message boards. N