PDA

View Full Version : Appy State fails at attempted GSU presidential assassination!

gasoutherneagle
November 2nd, 2011, 04:40 AM
http://www.gadaily.com/index.php/sports/39-local-sports/3179-keel-injured-at-app-state

Notice he didn't stick around and get any of that "mountain doctoring." xlolxxthumbsupx

Twentysix
November 2nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Clearly your strength training at GSU is sub par.

An NDSU president would never be injured so easily. :p

Our last interm president (he wasnt so good as a president) was an NFL player.

gasoutherneagle
November 2nd, 2011, 05:12 AM
He's a lover, not a fighter... but he's a fighter too so watch yourself. He's the Most Interesting Man In The World!

Redhawk2010
November 2nd, 2011, 06:11 AM
I'll bet those athletic training staffs never expected to have to treat the university president ;)

It's nice to see the president down on the field and sporting team apparel. Not something you'll see at a lot of schools..

Go Apps
November 2nd, 2011, 07:00 AM
We should have been more focused on the punt returner!!!! Not your President!

Go Apps
November 2nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Hey not too much grief for the Doctors and hospitality in Boone - I believe it was two years ago when GSU came to town and in the first half there was a very scary incident where a GSU player was hit and was not having any feeling in his lower body, the ambulance was brought and he went to Watauga Medical - thank goodness he regained feeling throughout after a few hours - but if you did not know - Jerry Moore's wife left the game and immediately went to the hospital and stayed with the player the entire time as he had no family present at the game - I understand she did not leave his side until he was released - just one more reason you gotta respect Moore and his family....

AppAlum2003
November 2nd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Hey not too much grief for the Doctors and hospitality in Boone - I believe it was two years ago when GSU came to town and in the first half there was a very scary incident where a GSU player was hit and was not having any feeling in his lower body, the ambulance was brought and he went to Watauga Medical - thank goodness he regained feeling throughout after a few hours - but if you did not know - Jerry Moore's wife left the game and immediately went to the hospital and stayed with the player the entire time as he had no family present at the game - I understand she did not leave his side until he was released - just one more reason you gotta respect Moore and his family....

Someone had to keep feeding him moonshine until he recovered...

BisonBacker
November 2nd, 2011, 07:46 AM

That is awesome!

OL FU
November 2nd, 2011, 08:27 AM
Taking one for the teamxthumbsupx

straightshooter
November 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM

And that player was a starting DB in the game for GSU Saturday

soaring eagle
November 2nd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Yep that would be correct and the player in question was Hudson Presume an eagle d-back in the 2009 game in Boone. He suffered a mild concussion in a collision with an App receiver at mid field. Coach Moore's wife left the game and followed the ambulance to the hospital and stayed with Hudson until he was released. If you were around when the eagles arrived for the game you would have seen coach Moore's wife give Hudson a hug and talk to him for a few minutes. Yep App. is our biggest rival at this point in time; however i have complete respect for Coach Moore and his family, as Coach Moore also placed a call to Coach Hatcher the following Monday to check on Hudson. Fans can go back and forth on a message board at each other all day long it means nothing. As far as the internal workings of the GSU ASU rivalry there is nothing but total respect between the players and coaching staffs.

Eaglesrus
November 2nd, 2011, 08:46 AM

That was CB Hudson Presume and we all appreciated the care and concern that he received. I'm sure Mrs. Moore had no thought of being commended, but she deserves great respect for doing what she did, and certainly has mine.

Putting all of that aside for a moment, there needs to be an investigation into this plot against Dr. Keel. Can't for the life of me figure out why he was targeted, seems like they'd have gone after Brent Russell instead, but it was certainly clever to work it out such that our own players were used as tools in the actual attack. Who was the mastermind? Should we give Coach Moore credit for that, as well?

biggie
November 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Believe someone on your sideline yelled to the Defense to "Sweep the leg" and instinct took over.

AppAlum2003
November 2nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
That was CB Hudson Presume and we all appreciated the care and concern that he received. I'm sure Mrs. Moore had no thought of being commended, but she deserves great respect for doing what she did, and certainly has mine.

Putting all of that aside for a moment, there needs to be an investigation into this plot against Dr. Keel. Can't for the life of me figure out why he was targeted, seems like they'd have gone after Brent Russell instead, but it was certainly clever to work it out such that our own players were used as tools in the actual attack. Who was the mastermind? Should we give Coach Moore credit for that, as well?

Actually, if you rewind the video tape, you can see Yosef directly behind the GSU President making a sweeping motion and pointing in his general direction. Back and to the left... back and to the left.

SideLine Shooter
November 2nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Actually, if you rewind the video tape, you can see Yosef directly behind the GSU President making a sweeping motion and pointing in his general direction. Back and to the left... back and to the left.

I was about 5' away and if you look at the video it looks like a late hit out of bounds by a GSU player. The GSU player hit his on pres.

Go Apps
November 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
I was about 5' away and if you look at the video it looks like a late hit out of bounds by a GSU player. The GSU player hit his on pres.

Oh no sounds like an inside job! The truth comes out!!

AppinATL
November 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM

Ummm, if he was targeted, it was by your own player so you better start an internal investigation. Cadet was well out of bounds when your guy launched himself low and hard at him. Cadet was too quick however and vacated the scene just in time for the defender to miss him and nail the Prez. That's one late hit that cost ya'.

Baldy
November 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Ummm, if he was targeted, it was by your own player so you better start an internal investigation. Cadet was well out of bounds when your guy launched himself low and hard at him. Cadet was too quick however and vacated the scene just in time for the defender to miss him and nail the Prez. That's one late hit that cost ya'.
He wasn't quick enough to get out of Brent Russell's way, though.

BTW, hope Cadet is OK now. He looked pretty squirrely coming off the field.

Eaglesrus
November 2nd, 2011, 10:40 AM

Sorry my attempt at humor (poor as it may have been) escaped you.

Skjellyfetti
November 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Who was the mastermind?

http://oi39.tinypic.com/20pboch.jpg

james_lawfirm
November 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Yep that would be correct and the player in question was Hudson Presume an eagle d-back in the 2009 game in Boone. He suffered a mild concussion in a collision with an App receiver at mid field. Coach Moore's wife left the game and followed the ambulance to the hospital and stayed with Hudson until he was released. If you were around when the eagles arrived for the game you would have seen coach Moore's wife give Hudson a hug and talk to him for a few minutes. Yep App. is our biggest rival at this point in time; however i have complete respect for Coach Moore and his family, as Coach Moore also placed a call to Coach Hatcher the following Monday to check on Hudson. Fans can go back and forth on a message board at each other all day long it means nothing. As far as the internal workings of the GSU ASU rivalry there is nothing but total respect between the players and coaching staffs.

Thanks for the info. I was at the '09 game & remember that mishap. And, I remember the story about Mrs. Moore. Last Saturday, I thought I remembered the name Presume from somewhere, but could not put all the pieces together. Thanks for sharing. I am glad Presume is back & healthy. Sorry about your Pres. If nothing else, this shows that viewing a game from the sidelines can be dangerous.

james_lawfirm
November 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
He wasn't quick enough to get out of Brent Russell's way, though.

BTW, hope Cadet is OK now. He looked pretty squirrely coming off the field.

Yep, I think Cadet is in the "day to day" category. Whatever that really means.

appfan2008
November 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Yep, I think Cadet is in the "day to day" category. Whatever that really means.

means nothing to me...

Eaglesrus
November 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
http://oi39.tinypic.com/20pboch.jpg

Hmmm, those guys are wearing black..........black Saturday............hmmmmm...........

james_lawfirm
November 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
means nothing to me...

Me neither.