PDA

View Full Version : THE PLAYMAKER - Jordan Johnson

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 2nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnyyQn3iHGc

The original thread can be read at this location:
http://www.maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=487

This is just the beginning of the highlight reel this kid is going to leave behind when hes done.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:31 AM
Jordy was incredible the first half of the Weber game - and he definitely deserved the BSC POTW award he shared with the UNC receiver this week.

But - where was this sort of brilliance, especially early, against NAU? Against PSU?

I love my Griz, and Jordy's performance leaves me feeling pretty darned good about the rest of the season; but this is the same guy that went 9/19 with three picks against Sac State. I enthusiastically applaud him, but I still remain cautiously optimistic as we look forward to Cat/Griz.

And: Trumaine Johnson's one-handed catch around a Weber safety is still probably the best play by a Griz this season - that is just an outstanding effort by TJ.

Cleets
November 2nd, 2011, 12:32 AM
When he's done...?
He might be "done" by the second quarter of the Bobcat Griz game if the O-line doesn't get a little tighter
He is entertaining - I'll give him that - and he's a tough little bastard

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 2nd, 2011, 12:36 AM
Jabin Sambrano made the one handed catch.

I also *****ed up this video by including the run against EWU twice................its not a mistake its a "creative decision"..................

veinup
November 2nd, 2011, 12:37 AM
i didn't have the pleasure of watching the whole game, just the highlights. but jordan was on fire that day. throwing absolutely accurate lasers on the run, in every which direction, off either foot. absolutely crazy.

i think "when he's done" was referring to the fact that he's only a soph. and will have plenty of more games to play, and hopefully plenty more highlight reels like the last.

@ squeal: i know TJ played, but his "one handed catch around a weber safety" ? sure you're not thinking of jabin sambrano?

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:38 AM
When he's done...?
He might be "done" by the second quarter of the Bobcat Griz game if the O-line doesn't get a little tighter
He is entertaining - I'll give him that - and he's a tough little bastard

Absolutely, in that regards. I like Nate Montana as we mature, but for now Johnson is our bread and butter, and while I love our O-line, I think the Cats line up well against us, and could be a problem. (I also like how we line up defensively against the Cats' offense, especially in the secondary).

And - again - his first half against Weber was appropriately likened to Dickenson-type outings. It was great to see as a Griz!

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:39 AM
Jabin Sambrano made the one handed catch.

I also *****ed up this video by including the run against EWU twice................its not a mistake its a "creative decision"..................

D'oh, absolutely correct - that was Jabin's, my bad. Thanks for the correction, Jabin deserves immense credit for that. (Just trying to give TJ credit with certain, err, other things this year!)

veinup
November 2nd, 2011, 12:44 AM
agree that that was one of the best catches in football this year. and ESPN didn't give it a second of airtime. oh well.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
agree that that was one of the best catches in football this year. and ESPN didn't give it a second of airtime. oh well.

That does suck, but I think the people that matter at the next level (i.e., nfl scouts) will take notice; UM has a pretty decent track record there, and I have to think that Jabin will warrant a good hard look from someone.

(It is weird when being a Montana fan has actually made me care about things like Titan and Dolphin football! Previously, I hadn't cared one iota).

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 2nd, 2011, 12:48 AM
Vein if you want to watch most of the Griz games, we have most of the games on maroonblood.com all of the actual plays are edited together so you can watch the entire game with no interruptions and do it in about 25-30 mins. Check out the video vault and the Montana vs ________ Video threads.

veinup
November 2nd, 2011, 01:30 AM
Vein if you want to watch most of the Griz games, we have most of the games on maroonblood.com all of the actual plays are edited together so you can watch the entire game with no interruptions and do it in about 25-30 mins. Check out the video vault and the Montana vs ________ Video threads.

it's been rough being out of missoula for the first time ever this fall. living in seattle, and always scheduled to work on saturdays when most of the games are going on. i can still follow the "live" blog on the internet while working, if i've got the time to do so.. so i always know the outcome of the games by the time i can actually get home and turn on the internet. but thanks for the info, i'll definitely be checking that site out as the year goes on (hopefully deep into the playoffs). :)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
it's been rough being out of missoula for the first time ever this fall. living in seattle, and always scheduled to work on saturdays when most of the games are going on. i can still follow the "live" blog on the internet while working, if i've got the time to do so.. so i always know the outcome of the games by the time i can actually get home and turn on the internet. but thanks for the info, i'll definitely be checking that site out as the year goes on (hopefully deep into the playoffs). :)

You definitely check out Alpha's site. It's a very nice job he's done there and it's full of great content.

http://maroonblood.com/index.php?sid=8a4f056973588a621ef186798fe95a86

TTUEagles
November 2nd, 2011, 02:40 PM
Well, he's been good for some games and disappeared in others. Despite his small size (5'11" 285) he's probably been our best D-lineman of an otherwise, underachieving group this year. Still, he's had some great run-stuffing moments on short yardage situations. We are talking about TTU's sophomore DL Jordon Johnson, right?

THE HERD
November 2nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
How tall is he? He looks about 5'10ish? Looks like a gamer though.....did I see someone else post that they believe that Nate Montana will be your qb of the future, in spite of Johnson starting now?

Silenoz
November 2nd, 2011, 03:29 PM
How tall is he? He looks about 5'10ish? Looks like a gamer though.....did I see someone else post that they believe that Nate Montana will be your qb of the future, in spite of Johnson starting now?

Whoever said that is an idiot

...unless that person is referring to Wolfman/Growler/Az/Dill Pickle's claims that Nick Montana is transferring xlolx

CrunchGriz
November 2nd, 2011, 03:31 PM

Jordy's more like 6'0". He will be the starting quarterback of the Griz until he graduates. I have no idea where anyone gets the idea that Nate Montana is going to take his place. Jordy is perfect for this offense; Nate, not so much.

JJ has been fighting a gimpy ankle all season, and it was finally back to around 90% for the Weber State game (per Coach Pflugrad in his coach's show this week). The ankle took away his running threat for several games in the middle of the season. When he's able to run, he's hard to defend.

Silenoz
November 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Indeed, he is a slippery mother. Basically impossible to take down 1-on-1 in the open field

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Well, he's been good for some games and disappeared in others. Despite his small size (5'11" 285) he's probably been our best D-lineman of an otherwise, underachieving group this year. Still, he's had some great run-stuffing moments on short yardage situations. We are talking about TTU's sophomore DL Jordon Johnson, right?

Yes, the guy is a true talent because as a Soph he also starts for us at QB. We'll try and have him back to you in time to start this Saturday...sorry about that scheduling glitch last week.

THE HERD
November 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Whoever said that is an idiot

...unless that person is referring to Wolfman/Growler/Az/Dill Pickle's claims that Nick Montana is transferring xlolx

Squealofthepig seemed to say that on the first page of this forum, unless I am reading it wrong. I was surprised because, hadn't really heard anything good about Nate Montana.

THE HERD
November 2nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
Absolutely, in that regards. I like Nate Montana as we mature, but for now Johnson is our bread and butter, and while I love our O-line, I think the Cats line up well against us, and could be a problem. (I also like how we line up defensively against the Cats' offense, especially in the secondary).

And - again - his first half against Weber was appropriately likened to Dickenson-type outings. It was great to see as a Griz!

This quote here.

Silenoz
November 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
This quote here.

Hmm, well if squeal comes in here I will respectfully (is it too late for that?) disagree. Nate Montana isn't the runner that Jordan is, and will probably never be the decision maker he is. If we were to lose JJ this year or next, Montana would still have to split time with Kemp as starter

THE HERD
November 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Anyway it sounds like the Bison and Griz have something in common.......a stud sophmore at QB. Jensen is having a great year so far with over 70% completions and somewhere between 10-12 tds to only one int, thats not counting his rushing td's. We need a Jensen vs Johnson game in Fargo, would be a fun match up.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
This quote here.

I rarely see squel step on his dick like that. He is a poster that is very sharp but I don't see it like he does on this one at all.

Sorry squel, no offense.:D

griz5700
November 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Montana hasn't shown me anything to even warrant the #2 spot. Everything I saw in fall camp and the scrimmages Shay Smithwich-Hann outperformed Montana. Really wish the coaches would get Smithwich-Hann some snaps - ideally the second half against Western Oregon.

The starting spot is Johnson's, no doubt.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
I rarely see squel step on his dick like that. He is a poster that is very sharp but I don't see it like he does on this one at all.

Sorry squel, no offense.:D

*heh* No worries. A fellow Griz called me out on it by email, saying, "You do remember that Nate is a junior, right?" This was all the more humbling since she literally bleeds Maroon. :) Sorry folks, I take full blame for being a moron on this one!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Montana hasn't shown me anything to even warrant the #2 spot. Everything I saw in fall camp and the scrimmages Shay Smithwich-Hann outperformed Montana. Really wish the coaches would get Smithwich-Hann some snaps - ideally the second half against Western Oregon.

The starting spot is Johnson's, no doubt.

I'd like to see that myself. S-H looked pretty promising in the scrimmage I went to as well. Hope he does get some reps but it's a lot more likely they'll try and get some more reps in for Montana...at least that's what I would be doing if I were in the head seat I think. Need to try and have as much continuity at that backup spot as possible just in case. But then, tell the youngin' to go in and let it fly for a few series.

BTW, glad to see a Big Sky guy and in particular a Montana fan showing up here. We been a little short on BSC supporters lately so good to have ya.

Grizo406
November 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
You definitely check out Alpha's site. It's a very nice job he's done there and it's full of great content.

http://maroonblood.com/index.php?sid=8a4f056973588a621ef186798fe95a86

Absolutely agree!xthumbsupx

It's a terrific, and well done site for those looking for good football info!

Another benefit that maroonblood.com offers is that it's another site that folks can visit to read more of Grizo's razor sharp, funny, and compelling posts!xnodxxnodx

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
I just hope Grizo doesnt have a "gut feeling maroonblood is gonna roll" thats always bad.