PDA

View Full Version : Barkets Breakout Day Lifts Lehigh

Mr. C
November 1st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Here is the latest column from Chuck Burton of College Sports Journal. Look for more on last week's play and players of the week in today's CSJ.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/77-barkets-breakout-day-lifts-lehigh-35-25-over-colgate

ngineer
November 1st, 2011, 10:05 PM
Chuck captured the game quite well. Two hard-nosed "coal country kids" from PA facing off. This was a great 'breakout' day for Barket. It will make upcoming defenses have to take Lehigh's ground game seriously. What is missing, however, is the fact that Barket also had some great holes. The OL was supposed to be one of Lehigh's biggest question marks going into this season. They have really answered the bell.

van
November 2nd, 2011, 07:20 AM
Chuck captured the game quite well. Two hard-nosed "coal country kids" from PA facing off. This was a great 'breakout' day for Barket. It will make upcoming defenses have to take Lehigh's ground game seriously. What is missing, however, is the fact that Barket also had some great holes. The OL was supposed to be one of Lehigh's biggest question marks going into this season. They have really answered the bell.

D backfield was clearly the biggest question mark, by far. Still is in my opinion.

RichH2
November 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Agree Van, 2ndary has gotten a bit better Andrews, Obrien and ward are very good. Still have not meshed well enuf. Gabe solid but not really a cover corner. Littlejohn Ok at S good on run support. Unit with Coach K's B don't B defense will always give up too many short passes LU has not covered medium range well at all. Look for Taggert to hit that 15-20 area often.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Oddly enough, I think the secondary isn't as bad as folks are saying here. I think the question might be about overall consistency of the defense. At times, they've played exceedingly well, and at others, they've made the boneheaded penalties, let up a few big plays, etc. I don't think any unit should be singled out.

RichH2
November 2nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Oddly enough, I think the secondary isn't as bad as folks are saying here. I think the question might be about overall consistency of the defense. At times, they've played exceedingly well, and at others, they've made the boneheaded penalties, let up a few big plays, etc. I don't think any unit should be singled out.

In a perfect world you're right. D s/b considered as a unit,which has performed well at times and screwed up at other points. But, ofthe 3 parts of D line.lbs and 2ndary, the last has been most inconsistent. They have improved since start of season but that does not mean that they are above average yet