PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with Tanyi and Gainey???

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 11:41 AM
??

biggie
November 1st, 2011, 11:47 AM
Off the team for now. Last comment was Moore saying he didn't know if they'd be back. So most assume they are done, but still nothing heard of any charges/etc.

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Coach Moore referred to it as a "University Issue" so he can't speak about it. Regardless of what happened, we don't be seeing either of them again this year. Time to move on.

biggie
November 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Coach Moore referred to it as a "University Issue" so he can't speak about it. Regardless of what happened, we don't be seeing either of them again this year. Time to move on.
Well yeah, guess the only question would be if Tanyi is cleared for next year.

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Well yeah, guess the only question would be if Tanyi is cleared for next year.

It appears that both have been charged with something in Student court of note - but not enough to get them suspended from the university. So they will have to go to Student Court or it would be a police matter that does not involve ASU. The reason I ask is that for two years I was the Student Public Defender for ASU - I also had several football players come through with issues I got to know Sparky Woods pretty well - most of them caught with alcohol but on occassion some more severe but nothing would occur until the case was actually heard and it usually took about 6 weeks - so that is why I was wondering - if this were something major with a female - the school would immediately suspend them and bar them from setting foot on campus and that has clearly not happened - so since I know the system I am very curious as to what is going on - it is not adding up - if they are still in school.

SoCon48
November 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
I don't think this board is the venue for airing dirty laundry.

SoCon48
November 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
It appears that both have been charged with something in Student court of note - but not enough to get them suspended from the university. So they will have to go to Student Court or it would be a police matter that does not involve ASU. The reason I ask is that for two years I was the Student Public Defender for ASU - I also had several football players come through with issues I got to know Sparky Woods pretty well - most of them caught with alcohol but on occassion some more severe but nothing would occur until the case was actually heard and it usually took about 6 weeks - so that is why I was wondering - if this were something major with a female - the school would immediately suspend them and bar them from setting foot on campus and that has clearly not happened - so since I know the system I am very curious as to what is going on - it is not adding up - if they are still in school.

I don't see them being expelled until they are found guilty of something.

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM
I don't think this board is the venue for airing dirty laundry.

Where is the dirty laundry - just no real news about the situation...

appfan2008
November 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
I dont think I want them back (especially not Gainey)... the defense has been playing better than ever recently and the no personal foul type penalties has been really nice...

Woof
November 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM
Aren't these the same two upstanding citizens who were cleared to play against Wofford on the Friday before the game?

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Aren't these the same two upstanding citizens who were cleared to play against Wofford on the Friday before the game?

Don't know the stage of events for everything. There have been no formal charges filed with the Boone Police or Wautaga Sheriff's Dept. If they were cleared to play against Wofford, it's because they were cleared by the University, not Jerry Moore. I said it before in another thread, Jerry Moore does not play guys that should be suspended. CoCo Hillary sat two games for a DUI and a starting CB was suspended for a National Championship game due to violation of team rules.

Let's just end all of this... no one knows more than anyone else. It's a university issue... leave it at that.

The Moody1
November 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM

We don't have upstanding citizens like Wofford. I am sure our guys would have been dismissed if they were actually arrested for something.

Warrants issued for two Wofford football players

By Todd Shanesy
[email protected]
Published: Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 2:50 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 2:50 p.m.
Wofford College dismissed quarterback Willie Favors and defensive back Andrew Gehring from the football team on Thursday and warrants were issued for their arrests on charges of first-degree burglary and grand larceny after an on-campus incident last month.

Both have left school. Master Deputy Tony Ivey with the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office said late Thursday afternoon that attorneys for Favors and Gehring told investigators the two would surrender to authorities on Monday.

Favors and Gehring were both freshmen who took redshirt seasons in 2010 and did not play in any games.

Favors, from Lithonia, Ga., was being groomed as a quarterback of the future and played extensively in scrimmages. Gehring, from Elm City, N.C., also was a highly regarded player who has held back and had four years of eligibility remaining.

“We had two members of the football team who have been dismissed from the football team and they are no longer in school,” said Wofford Athletic Director Richard Johnson. “I don't know that a lot of people are aware of it yet. It just happened. The arrest warrants we just found out about.”

Terriers head coach Mike Ayers was out sick and unavailable for comment.

According to a sheriff's office incident report, two Wofford students entered their dorm room on Jan. 31 and discovered that several computers, game consoles, games and other electronic equipment were missing. Randy Hall, chief of Wofford's Campus Safety Department, told deputies on Wednesday that everything had been recovered except an Ipod, and that his office had “received information that lead them” to Favors and Gehring.

Spartanburg County Magistrate Rob Chumley signed warrants Thursday morning charging Favors and Gehring each with one count of first degree burglary and grand larceny, value more than $2,000 but less than $10,000.

In addition to being removed from the team, Favors and Gehring were expelled from school, according to the incident report.

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
I dont think I want them back (especially not Gainey)... the defense has been playing better than ever recently and the no personal foul type penalties has been really nice...

Yes but I miss Tanyi

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Yes but I miss Tanyi

Yes but they never played