PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever heard of this?

Freightliner
May 5th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Anybody ever heard of the I-AA Athletic Director of the Year award?

a poster on Bobcatfans.com said our AD, Dr. Larry Teis won it...but I can not find any information on the award.

So I thought I would come to the "I-AA detective agency" to find this out for myself! ;) :nod: :bow: :bow:

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Just made this post on your board...

Just an FYI, if this is the award that I think it is...they are having this convention in New Orleans in June in which the honorees would be awarded. I'm not sure what other body would've given LT the award, but this is the organization that athletic directors are all part of...

Didn't see anything on their web site about any award winners. Perhaps it was another organization? I know that the All-American Football Foundation honors Athletic Directors (as they honored SHSU's in 2005) and I'm sure there's more organizations that honor ADs, but anyhow...this is what I found on the NACDA web site...

NACDA Athletics Director of the Year Award
The NACDA Athletics Director of the Year program was created to honor intercollegiate directors of athletics for their commitment and administrative excellence within a campus and/or college community environment. The award spans six divisions (NCAA Division I-A, I-AA/I-AAA, II, III, NAIA/Other Four-Year, JC/CC) and annually honors 24 athletics directors (four from each division) as regional winners, and six overall awards winners (one from each division). NACDA Athletics Directors of the Year Award recipients will receive their awards at the annual NACDA Convention.

GannonFan
May 5th, 2006, 12:20 PM
We at Delaware would know absolutely nothing about an award such as this as there is no way whatsoever that our AD could ever even be considered for this award. I've never been an AD before and I'm sure I'm higher on the nomination list than our AD is.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Interestingly enough, my post with information about AD awards was met by roars from some of the Bobcat faithful that I just needed to stop and leave their board...

I guess that's what happens when you lending a helping hand to the uninformed...talk about some of the most classless fans! Not all of them, that's just pretty ridiculous...

Freightliner
May 5th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Interestingly enough, my post with information about AD awards was met by roars from some of the Bobcat faithful that I just needed to stop and leave their board...

I guess that's what happens when you lending a helping hand to the uninformed...talk about some of the most classless fans! Not all of them, that's just pretty ridiculous...

Terror,

Yeah, I noticed that too upon your posting. Oh well...bunch of bad apples spoiling the barrel. I just ignore em. Most of em probably couldnt find out what award a janitor would win if it fell out of the sky, landed on their face and start to wiggle.

Thanks for the explanation on this award BTW.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Terror,

Yeah, I noticed that too upon your posting. Oh well...bunch of bad apples spoiling the barrel. I just ignore em. Most of em probably couldnt find out what award a janitor would win if it fell out of the sky, landed on their face and start to wiggle.

Thanks for the explanation on this award BTW.

Same few bad apples each time...

CatManDo, Malleus and SSClassof88. Seem to definitely have fallen far from the tree...

No problem on the explanation. My intent was to help you guys out, but apparently, there's still nothing out there and your university has yet to release anything. A lots of congratulations on something that has gone 24 hours without confirmation. Atleast I made an attempt to try to point you in the right direction...

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 5th, 2006, 06:21 PM

then why do you relate all of TxSt.'s success to SHSU's success? if you didn't do that, then MAYBE you wouldn't get hounded as much...

come on man! you can claim total naivety to what you are doing. even your individuals from your own school realize what you do.

just my:twocents: