PDA

View Full Version : Enough about UNI! How about NDSU vs. Indiana St?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Ok so NDSU won and UNI lost, that thread is getting TIRED! Next up, the Sycamores of Indiana St. I'm driving out to Terra Haute, who's coming with me? Let's get this started.

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 12:19 PM
O no please keep rehashing that game cause I know one team that will be ready.

TheBisonator
October 31st, 2011, 12:25 PM
The larger the crowd that ISUB has at their stadium, the more advantage to the Bison.

Our sports teams historically do very weak on the road at venues that are dead and almost empty.

I hope that 10,000 goal you guys have for Saturday is reached. Also a good thing for the MVFC in general if our lowest teams in attendance are still capable of getting 10,000+ to some games. (ISUR, ISUB, SIU, etc.)

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 12:32 PM
The larger the crowd that ISUB has at their stadium, the more advantage to the Bison.

Our sports teams historically do very weak on the road at venues that are dead and almost empty.

I hope that 10,000 goal you guys have for Saturday is reached. Also a good thing for the MVFC in general if our lowest teams in attendance are still capable of getting 10,000+ to some games. (ISUR, ISUB, SIU, etc.)

Haha it won't be a raucous crowd still but putting butts in the seats historically means Indiana state plays out of their heads: please see Illinois state last year

TheBisonator
October 31st, 2011, 12:34 PM
Haha it won't be a raucous crowd still but putting butts in the seats historically means Indiana state plays out of their heads: please see Illinois state last year

And a lot of the crowd might be Bison fans, according to what I'm reading on Bisonville...

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2011, 12:35 PM
O no please keep rehashing that game cause I know one team that will be ready.
I'm sure we'll be "rehashing" with the UNI fans all week but believe me when I say our team will be ready for the Sycs on Saturday.

However, I'm worried about a letdown this game becuase I can't see any way that it won't happen after such an emotionally charged victory. The coaches can try to drill in the importance of this game all week but it's going to be human nature to have a letdown. The question is how big of a letdown will it be? My hope is that it's just a punch in the mouth early, maybe a opening drive TD for ISU blue to put them up 7-0 and that's it.

NDSU's DEs need to do a better job holding the edge in this game IMO. Sometimes they have a tendency to get too far upfield on running plays and open up lanes for RBs to go off tackle. Keeping Bell hemmed inside should be a top priority.

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm sure we'll be "rehashing" with the UNI fans all week but believe me when I say our team will be ready for the Sycs on Saturday.

However, I'm worried about a letdown this game becuase I can't see any way that it won't happen after such an emotionally charged victory. The coaches can try to drill in the importance of this game all week but it's going to be human nature to have a letdown. The question is how big of a letdown will it be? My hope is that it's just a punch in the mouth early, maybe a opening drive TD for ISU blue to put them up 7-0 and that's it.

NDSU's DEs need to do a better job holding the edge in this game IMO. Sometimes they have a tendency to get too far upfield on running plays and open up lanes for RBs off the gaurds. Keeping Bell hemmed inside should be a top priority.

Bell will get his the real worry is letting Ronnie Fouch get his. When he and bell are going; tough to beat the trees just ask western Kentucky

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2011, 12:39 PM
I think this is the game that Craig Bohl will get the most coaching credit. Keeping the team laser focused on the task coming off an emotional win will be of the utmost concern. Brock Jensen has just taken a huge step forward this year and with John Pike having such a huge game it only bolsters the defensive secondary that already had teams afraid to throw it towards Marcus Williams.

This is a much different team than before. This is feeling a lot like 2007. They had a huge letdown at SDSU that year and I think Bohl learned a lot from that.

I am looking forward to seeing a new stadium. I think this will be a lot of fun.

MplsBison
October 31st, 2011, 12:58 PM

Speaking of Illinois St - what the heck happened?!

I thought Indiana St wanted to make a clear statement that they were the 3rd best team in the MVFC this year and earn an at-large spot in the FCS playoffs? Now you have Youngstown, IL St and IN St that have all beat each other and will have all lost to NDSU and UNI at the end of the season.

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 01:07 PM
Speaking of Illinois St - what the heck happened?!

I thought Indiana St wanted to make a clear statement that they were the 3rd best team in the MVFC this year and earn an at-large spot in the FCS playoffs? Now you have Youngstown, IL St and IN St that have all beat each other and will have all lost to NDSU and UNI at the end of the season.

We lost our kicker and it came back to bite us because our back up had a groin problem. He is healed up.
Secondly, if you really think this is a walk through game for ndsu you are sorely mistaken. This is going to be a great game and I am looking forward to it.

MplsBison
October 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Of course this isn't a walk through game for NDSU. Neither is the week after when Youngstown comes to the Fargodome, as both IN St and IL St can attest.

But IN St did lose to UNI by double digits. I know each week is a separate entity, but my gut feel is based on the UNI-IN St score NDSU will win the game if it comes down to talent alone (no weird bounces, calls, bad luck, etc.)

AppAlum2003
October 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM
All 382 people that live in North Dakota are paying attention.

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 01:14 PM
Of course this isn't a walk through game for NDSU. Neither is the week after when Youngstown comes to the Fargodome, as both IN St and IL St can attest.

But IN St did lose to UNI by double digits. I know each week is a separate entity, but my gut feel is based on the UNI-IN St score NDSU will win the game if it comes down to talent alone (no weird bounces, calls, bad luck, etc.)

You haven't done any research on that game did you? Indiana state lost one of the best players in the country to a concussion in the second quarter

BISON Thunder
October 31st, 2011, 01:17 PM

Hey...not everyone has taken off for Arizona yet!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2011, 01:23 PM

Oh, a North Dakota population joke. How clever.

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2011, 01:53 PM
You haven't done any research on that game did you? Indiana state lost one of the best players in the country to a concussion in the second quarter

Yeah. Bell had 145 yards in the first half and then left with a concussion. The game would have been quite different if he was playing the whole time. Even though he had 145 I still don't think you guys were giving him the ball enough.

For the entire game the Bison only got 145 yards rushing against us. The score alone does not dictate how good of a game Indiana State gave us. Heck if their kicker hadn't sucked it might have been completely different.

I give ISU a chance to win this game. I actually give them a very good chance as it is tough to get back up after a huge victory (Just ask Texas Tech). I still think NDSU wins this game, but I think they get all they can handle from Bell and the Sycamores.

AppAlum2003
October 31st, 2011, 01:56 PM
Oh, a North Dakota population joke. How clever.

Lighten up... it's all in good fun.

Besides, I have a lot of respect for people that live in a place where ice is currency.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Lighten up... it's all in good fun.

Besides, I have a lot of respect for people that live in a place where ice is currency.

How do you pick the homecoming king in Western Carolina? The one with the most teeth?

AppAlum2003
October 31st, 2011, 02:06 PM
How do you pick the homecoming king in Western Carolina? The one with the most teeth?

Western Carolina students have teeth? Lucky!

TheBisonator
October 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM
All 672,591 people that live in North Dakota are paying attention.

FIFY

(2010 Census)

unigriff
October 31st, 2011, 02:58 PM
go SYCS!!!!

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 03:07 PM
This is going to feel like homecoming week...bring out the "POUND THE ROCK" signs...

BISON Thunder
October 31st, 2011, 03:09 PM
This is going to feel like homecoming week...bring out the "POUND THE ROCK" signs...

Okay...I hope this means the football....

TheBisonator
October 31st, 2011, 03:14 PM

I think he was talking about kidney stones....

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 03:15 PM

Haha yeah....two years ago the team put out signs that said "POUND THE ROCK" before we played wiu on homecoming thus ending the nations longest losing streak. The phrase is a little near and dear to my heart since then as i did steal one and still have it in my front yard.

THE HERD
October 31st, 2011, 04:46 PM
go SYCS!!!!

Why won't you love us unigriff?

THE HERD
October 31st, 2011, 04:47 PM
Western Carolina students have teeth? Lucky!

Thats funny right there I don't care who ya are.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Most of Southern Appalachia gives me a "dueling banjos" vibe.

RabidRabbit
October 31st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Classic trap game for the Bison. last 2 weeks for the Marker, then Panthers for MVFC title? Now, Bison on the road, to a good team, with a very reasonable QB, and a really great RB. Solid defenses each way. Hope Bison play better the NO Saints did at Rams. Flat and sad.

If anyone can get the Bison it'll be the Sycs. I doubt that it'll happen, but not horribly surprised if it does.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2011, 07:26 PM
Why won't you love us unigriff?

Really?

We could beat UNI by 50 and he would never give NDSU any credit.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2011, 07:29 PM
Classic trap game for the Bison. last 2 weeks for the Marker, then Panthers for MVFC title? Now, Bison on the road, to a good team, with a very reasonable QB, and a really great RB. Solid defenses each way. Hope Bison play better the NO Saints did at Rams. Flat and sad.

If anyone can get the Bison it'll be the Sycs. I doubt that it'll happen, but not horribly surprised if it does.

Ya, the Sycs could beat us. I don't believe it will happen though. Bell will probably get some yards but we have the best defense in the FCS. Sycs defense is not as good....period. If Jensen has another game like he did saturday, Bison should win this.

Bison 31-17

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2011, 07:32 PM

This is also a game that ISU Blue needs if they expect to get into the playoffs. The best they can do is 7-4 should they lose this one and with the only real quality wins being Western Kentucky and Youngstown St. It could happen for them if they don't win but a lot of chips would have to fall the right way for them.

Trap game no matter how you look at it. I'd take an ugly win for NDSU in this one in a heartbeat and run.

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2011, 08:04 PM
This is also a game that ISU Blue needs if they expect to get into the playoffs. The best they can do is 7-4 should they lose this one and with the only real quality wins being Western Kentucky and Youngstown St. It could happen for them if they don't win but a lot of chips would have to fall the right way for them.

Trap game no matter how you look at it. I'd take an ugly win for NDSU in this one in a heartbeat and run.

Don't look now, but Western Kentucky has a really good shot a winning the Sun Belt.

X-Factor
October 31st, 2011, 08:05 PM
Really?

We could beat UNI by 50 and he would never give NDSU any credit.

see my sig. In his world, it's all about this elusive thing called "real score"

Dgreenwell3
October 31st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Don't look now, but Western Kentucky has a really good shot a winning the Sun Belt.

And that aren't just the better of two terribles. They look good.

MplsBison
November 1st, 2011, 08:10 AM

You can't seriously be suggesting that on a purely talent basis IN St is equal with NDSU? Can you?

Not 2 years removed from being the worst program in FCS and a year removed from being handled in Fargo with the same QB you have now.

Can't be...

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 09:47 AM
You can't seriously be suggesting that on a purely talent basis IN St is equal with NDSU? Can you?

Not 2 years removed from being the worst program in FCS and a year removed from being handled in Fargo with the same QB you have now.

Can't be...

I don't think it's as big as you would think. And that wasn't a handling last year... You mentioned the UNI game without any research. One of the best (if not the best) running backs in the country went down with a concussion after having 150 yards rushing in the first half.

MplsBison
November 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
IN St does not have equal talent to NDSU or UNI on a team basis. I'm sure they have a talented individuals. I won't get into an argument about which team has the best individual player because that's an argument losers make. Games are won by teams, not individuals. Losers care about who the best player is.

One player getting injured never makes a that significant of a difference in the outcome. UNI had superior talent and that's why they won by double digits, not because IN St lost some player to injury. To suggest otherwise is 1) dishonest and 2) very disrespectful to the team that beat you.

There are always factors outside of pure talent in every game, every week, every year. That's why the game is interesting to watch and that's why the games are played. Those extraneous factors are the reason that IN St could beat NDSU on Sat. But on a purely talent basis, IN St has already lost the game. They don't have enough talent.

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
IN St does not have equal talent to NDSU or UNI on a team basis. I'm sure they have a talented individuals. I won't get into an argument about which team has the best individual player because that's an argument losers make. Games are won by teams, not individuals. Losers care about who the best player is.

One player getting injured never makes a that significant of a difference in the outcome. UNI had superior talent and that's why they won by double digits, not because IN St lost some player to injury. To suggest otherwise is 1) dishonest and 2) very disrespectful to the team that beat you.
SO by your argument the Colts wouldn't have won a game if Peyton Manning was completely healthy? This argument is flawed because it's only made by teams trying to talk about how amazing their depth was.

MplsBison
November 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
SO by your argument the Colts wouldn't have won a game if Peyton Manning was completely healthy? This argument is flawed because it's only made by teams trying to talk about how amazing their depth was.

Let's say QB was the exception -- you have the same QB as last year. You lost to NDSU last year.

What's your point?

I'm not talking about depth. I'm talking about the combined talent of the starting 22. NDSU has more than IN St does, even if a couple of IN St's players have more individual talent than their NDSU counterparts.

Losers try to argue that individual talent matters. (I'm not saying you personally are a loser, I mean losing teams use that excuse)

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Lets say QB was the exception -- you have the same QB as last year. You lost to NDSU last year.

What's your point?

I'm not talking about depth. I'm talking about the combined talent of the starting 22. NDSU has more than IN St does, even if a couple of IN St's players have more individual talent than their NDSU counterparts.

Losers try to argue that individual talent matters. (I'm not saying you personally are a loser, I mean losing teams use that excuse)
What??????? Your argument is flawed. Are the Colts a winless team with Peyton manning at Quarterback? Are the Cavs the same team without Lebron James?
It's an idiotic argument and factually just isn't right. It's just a trollish attempt to start an argument. These are two really good teams and it should be a helluva ballgame.
Bison fans are welcome to tailgate saturday morning (As long as you don't get douchey ;)...

MplsBison
November 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
The argument is absolutely correct.

I gave you the option to amend it excluding QB's, which is reasonable. You'd still lose that argument because IN St has the same QB the lost to NDSU last year.

RabidRabbit
November 1st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Games at Terre Haute, and yes a star running back can make a huge difference. Bell is a star running back. In St. will make certain that IF NDSU escapes with a W, that the BISON earn the W.

Very important game for the Sycs, much more so than for the Bison.

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM
You can't exclude a position purely because it flaws your argument.
I am done speaking to you, you make 0 points and then just repeat your argument constantly.
Good luck this week against the Trees.

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Games at Terre Haute, and yes a star running back can make a huge difference. Bell is a star running back. In St. will make certain that IF NDSU escapes with a W, that the BISON earn the W.

Kind of was my point. Thanks Rabid.

MplsBison
November 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM

No one player makes a huge difference. That's why it's a team game with 22 starters. QB would be the closest and they have the same QB that already lost to NDSU last year.

I guarantee their RB will neither win nor lose the game for them. If they lose the game and their RB got hurt, they would've lost by nearly the same margin anyway.

As I already said, there are extraneous factors in every game - home field advantage is one of those.

BisonBabe
November 1st, 2011, 01:09 PM
Every week is/should be the most important game. I am hoping that Coach Bohl is working his magic and keeping the boys focused on this weeks game. I don't believe it will be a cake walk. In fact I believe that it will be a battle from start to finish. In the end all I can hope for is a well played game, a win for the Bison and no serious injuries for either team.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
No one player makes a huge difference. That's why it's a team game with 22 starters. QB would be the closest and they have the same QB that already lost to NDSU last year.

I guarantee their RB will neither win nor lose the game for them. If they lose the game and their RB got hurt, they would've lost by nearly the same margin anyway.

As I already said, there are extraneous factors in every game - home field advantage is one of those.

You are saying one player doesn't make a difference? Okay I can buy that a little bit. You are saying they have the same quarterback as last year and they lost last year huh? Did they have the exact same surrounding cast last year? The answer is no. A quarterback is quite a bit better when he has good receivers and especially if he has a game breaking running back to take some of the load off him.

NDSU fans keep saying they aren't all like Lakes and JBB, but more and more of you are discrediting other teams even before you play them based on what happened in completely different situations. I mean bringing up last year is asinine. First, you played them in Fargo last year. Second, last year was just that last year. It has no bearing on what happens this year. They have different players, no team ever has the exact same team as the year before that is just the way it works.

NDSU will in all likelyhood win this game. They may even win by a huge margin, but it will not be because of last year.

LakesBison
November 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
why would ANYONE compare ANYONE to me, I am myself, no one else. (MPLS & JBB arent even real people, no one has met them)

NDSU will pound Indiana State, they havent been relevant since larry bird and this will continue. carry on.

NDSU 34
Tree's 10

ISU B can still lose to NDSU and make playoffs, that is their goal 7-4 good luck tree's !

344Johnson
November 1st, 2011, 01:35 PM
I say NDSU 31
ISU-B 21

Bell busts a big run or two and puts around 150 yards up rushing. But this game is really big for both teams, 7-4 doesn't for sure get anyone into the playoffs. NDSU is playing for a very high seed. Having the #1 next to your name always makes you a target of complacency as well as the opponent circling you on the calendar.

Ivytalk
November 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
I predict a Sycs win, after an inspirational halftime speech by Larry Bird!xsmiley_wix

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
I predict a Sycs win, after an inspirational halftime speech by Larry Bird!xsmiley_wix

UFC fighter Chris Lytle has also been on campus to talk to the basketball team.

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
You are saying one player doesn't make a difference? Okay I can buy that a little bit. You are saying they have the same quarterback as last year and they lost last year huh? Did they have the exact same surrounding cast last year? The answer is no. A quarterback is quite a bit better when he has good receivers and especially if he has a game breaking running back to take some of the load off him.

NDSU fans keep saying they aren't all like Lakes and JBB, but more and more of you are discrediting other teams even before you play them based on what happened in completely different situations. I mean bringing up last year is asinine. First, you played them in Fargo last year. Second, last year was just that last year. It has no bearing on what happens this year. They have different players, no team ever has the exact same team as the year before that is just the way it works.

NDSU will in all likelyhood win this game. They may even win by a huge margin, but it will not be because of last year.

Please don't use MNPLS or LakesBison as barometers of NDSU fans. Thats like dragging the bottom of any schools fans barrel and picking up the sludge and saying see they are all like this!

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Please don't use MNPLS or LakesBison as barometers of NDSU fans. Thats like dragging the bottom of any schools fans barrel and picking up the sludge and saying see they are all like this!
This is true but you know what they say, "The idiots are always the loudest."

semobison
November 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
This is true but you know what they say, "The idiots are always the loudest."

How true!

LakesBison
November 2nd, 2011, 12:49 AM

bisonbacker. you can stop. Mplsbison and JBB arent even from NDSU, I am convinced they are a fan of another team and its a schtick.

as for me, lakesbison, what the HELL have I ever done except be entertaining on a message board, I mean give me a break, you act like I rape every message board, which is not true, I take them out to dinner, a few drinks....etc..

DJKyR0
November 2nd, 2011, 01:04 AM
Containing Bell will be a big challenge, and having to worry about Fouch as well will make that difficult. Watching NDSU stuff UNI's running game gives me some hope.

I like the score something about 34-24, NDSU. Not sure they can slow down Brock's passing attack and I think that sets up some good things on the ground. DJ might finally have a big game if our O-line can do to Obaseki what they did to Boothby.

LakesBison
November 2nd, 2011, 01:11 AM
NDSU should treat BELL like Mcquise Grey from UMINN. Rush the DE"s up and out to contain, force bell up the middle to our 3 linebackers and colton heagle! wouldnt you think that would help DJkyro?

Strommer10
November 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
NDSU should treat BELL like Mcquise Grey from UMINN. Rush the DE"s up and out to contain, force bell up the middle to our 3 linebackers and colton heagle! wouldnt you think that would help DJkyro?
We need Heagle to play and be key run support. We can't let Bell go Taiwan on us... xsmhx

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2011, 08:59 AM
We need Heagle to play and be key run support. We can't let Bell go Taiwan on us... xsmhx

Taiwan>Bell...just my opinion.

DJKyR0
November 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM

Heagle is active this week but is coming off a broken thumb. While he's the last guy I would think would be timid after an injury, who knows how that will affect his performance considering how much he's been on and off the field this season.

MplsBison
November 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM

It's absolutely correct in the context of my argument that the talent of individual players doesn't matter. QB is the one position where you can almost make the claim - and in that case their QB is no more talented this season that he was last season.

All the more reason why it's perfectly reasonable to say that NDSU has already won the game based on team talent as the only factor.

344Johnson
November 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
hey Mpls, whats your name on bisonville? Just curious....with 6,000 posts on here I can't imagine how many you have on bisonville.

344Johnson
November 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
Heagle is active this week but is coming off a broken thumb. While he's the last guy I would think would be timid after an injury, who knows how that will affect his performance considering how much he's been on and off the field this season.

Very nice to have heagle for run support. Though Pike played extremely well last week and always plays pretty solid I feel.

MplsBison
November 3rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
hey Mpls, whats your name on bisonville? Just curious....with 6,000 posts on here I can't imagine how many you have on bisonville.

MplsBison

The new board shows I only have 1 post, which is obviously a lie. You can go to this thread, for example: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?3681-2500-at-USD-Spring-Game/page2 where I have more than one.

bisonwest
November 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
This game scares me. The Sycs have had two weeks to prep for us, we are coming off an emotional and draining win, they have the best RB in the nation, our QB has turf toe, we are the newly dubbed #1 team which puts a big target on our backs, and they haven't lost at home since 2009. That is a lot of stuff to overcome. If any team can do it I believe the Bison are that team, but if we get knocked back to earth It wouldn't surprise me. This game will tell us more about what kind of team we have than any other this season. I'm still taking the Bison 24-21 but we are definitely gonna have to earn it against a very good team.

GO BISON!

MplsBison
November 3rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
This game scares me. The Sycs have had two weeks to prep for us, we are coming off an emotional and draining win, they have the best RB in the nation, our QB has turf toe, we are the newly dubbed #1 team which puts a big target on our backs, and they haven't lost at home since 2009. That is a lot of stuff to overcome. If any team can do it I believe the Bison are that team, but if we get knocked back to earth It wouldn't surprise me. This game will tell us more about what kind of team we have than any other this season. I'm still taking the Bison 24-21 but we are definitely gonna have to earn it against a very good team.

GO BISON!

You're obviously just saying that IN St has the best RB in the hope that it gives the Bison just enough internet fan message board karma to be allowed to win the game.

Utter nonsense. Even if their guy has better stats than either McNorton or Ojuri, it doesn't mean he's better than either of them.

And if he was really that good - why would he go to IN St in the first place? They're at best two years removed from being the worst program in the FCS.

I don't want to accuse Miles of paying players under the table, but...well?

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
You're obviously just saying that IN St has the best RB in the hope that it gives the Bison just enough internet fan message board karma to be allowed to win the game.

Utter nonsense. Even if their guy has better stats than either McNorton or Ojuri, it doesn't mean he's better than either of them.

And if he was really that good - why would he go to IN St in the first place? They're at best two years removed from being the worst program in the FCS.

To insinuate impropriety by Miles simply becaues InSU had a bad program and Bell is a good player is not only irresponsible, it's also naive. Bell is undersized and that is most likely the reason why the larger schools were scared away. In any case, judging who will turn into a great college football player by scouting them in high school is an inexact science to say the least. Ben Woodside had two D1 scholarship offers in basketball coming out of high school and he turned out to be the best basketball player in the history of NDSU. In another example, Tyrann Mathieu (a.k.a. the Honey Badger), was offered a scholarship by only one school, LSU. Now he may be the best defensive player in college football and a legimitate Heisman candidate.

It sickens me that when someone sees a feel-good story like the turnaround an Indiana St you have to resort to thinking that cheating was involved. I don't know if that's the state of college football today that causes this or your own personal prejudices against Indiana St but throwing speculation around like that and seeing what sticks is incredibly disrespectful to a coach and a program that, for all we know, has turned things around doing it the right way.

Read this article and draw what conclusions you will: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Indiana-State-Sycamores-college-football-from-worst-program-to-one-of-the-best-100711. Personally, I'll root for Indiana St in every game they play this year except for the one on Saturday because I respect the hell out of a team that has been able to turn an embarrassment of a program into a playoff contender in such a short amount of time.

DJKyR0
November 3rd, 2011, 09:27 PM

Wow, that got out of hand fast. Shakir Bell is a great RB, the numbers tell it all. Watching him on film he looks every bit the back DJ looked like last season. What's with the sudden ire toward the Sycamores?

JSUBison
November 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Wow, that got out of hand fast. Shakir Bell is a great RB, the numbers tell it all. Watching him on film he looks every bit the back DJ looked like last season. What's with the sudden ire toward the Sycamores?

MplsBison VS Indiana St has been going on a long time, well before you registered here. I'd suggest checking out some of the old threads, I think he wanted them booted from the MVFC. I can't remember why, either because they were not competitive or something like that.

FargoBison
November 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
MplsBison VS Indiana St has been going on a long time, well before you registered here. I'd suggest checking out some of the old threads, I think he wanted them booted from the MVFC. I can't remember why, either because they were not competitive or something like that.

He wanted them booted to make room for his precious UND Fighting Sioux.

Dgreenwell3
November 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM

Classic nonsense. So sense your supposed favorite team(still think he's a closet sioux fan) two years ago was 3-8 does that affect them this year?
If you really don't think shakir bell is the best running back in the nation...you really don't have much of an educated opinion.

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
mpls and jbb are both NOT ndsu fans, im convinced.

back to the game. Brock took 50-50 snaps today with esley thorton, but im sure that was just to keep brock's rep's down for his turf toe

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 12:27 AM
mpls and jbb are both NOT ndsu fans, im convinced.

back to the game. Brock took 50-50 snaps today with esley thorton, but im sure that was just to keep brock's rep's down for his turf toe
Which foot is the turf toe on? It matters because if it's his plant foot you are going to see the ball tail off a lot.

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 12:29 AM
plant foot. He throws the ball in a downward spiral to begin with so that helps, its not a flighty passing motion (if that makes sense) they 'll cortison shot it before game and he wont feel it until 5 hours after is what Im guessing.

Kyle Emmanuel isnt making the trip supposedly cuz of his knee.

Leevon Perry is banged up too, Colton Heagle has a broken thumb, Jemison has a bad hip, Turner been limping. its TOUGH GUY MVFC FBALL!!

stevdock
November 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM
According to this article Brock's left foot is the one banged up. As far as the other stuff I'll be interested to see if Lakes gets that right as I haven't heard of any of it outside of the things that happened weeks ago, Heagle and Jemison.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/339109/publisher_ID/1/

MplsBison
November 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM

I agree he's a great RB. That's not what was said. I refuted what was said. You can read for yourself.

Every MVFC team has a great RB or more than one. They're all great, power running teams.

This guy doesn't scare me: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/339386/group/Sports/

Every MVFC team has a guy like this.

Only reason anyone knows his name is because of the team was the worst in the FCS and because he has good stats.

Stats are for losers.

MplsBison
November 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM

In 2009, IN St made a deal with Western Kentucky so that they didn't have to play at WKU that year so that instead they could play an NAIA team from Indiana at home. They lost the game. They were winless that year save for beating the worst WIU team in history. Prior to that the last game they won was Oct 21, 2006!! They had sub-high school facilities in all aspects.

Your G-D right I wanted them booted out of the MVFC. They didn't deserve to be in the league when you compared their program to every other.

Of course their 2010 improvement and now 2011 success are incredible. Possibly too good to be true. There's only so much talent you can convince to come to a school based solely on the promise of "being apart of turning around a program". Yes, you can get some talent doing that - but you shouldn't necessarily be able to swing as much talent as Miles has got. We'll see.

The facilities are marginally better, but at least they're making an effort towards respectability in that regard. Because once kids start graduating and once Miles moves on to a bigger school - both of which *will* happen - a program only ever has its facilities and financial support to fall back on.

So, there you go.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I agree he's a great RB. That's not what was said. I refuted what was said. You can read for yourself.

Every MVFC team has a great RB or more than one. They're all great, power running teams.

This guy doesn't scare me: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/339386/group/Sports/

Only reason anyone knows his name is because of the team was the worst in the FCS and because he has good stats.

Stats are for losers.

Not every team has a Shakir Bell. I have seen NDSU's running backs, and I have seen Shakir Bell. He is head a shoulders above McNorton or Ojuri which says a lot considering how good I thought they both were. NDSU as a team had 145 yards for the entire game against our defense at home. Shakir Bell had 145 yards against the same defense (actually a healthier defense) on the road in a quarter and a half.

You can refuse to believe what you will, and he may not have a great game against NDSU but that will not change my opinion. Of course I am wasting my time by trying to convince you as you will obviously not change you opinion about a player or this team.

344Johnson
November 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Not every team has a Shakir Bell. I have seen NDSU's running backs, and I have seen Shakir Bell. He is head a shoulders above McNorton or Ojuri which says a lot considering how good I thought they both were. NDSU as a team had 145 yards for the entire game against our defense at home. Shakir Bell had 145 yards against the same defense (actually a healthier defense) on the road in a quarter and a half.

You can refuse to believe what you will, and he may not have a great game against NDSU but that will not change my opinion. Of course I am wasting my time by trying to convince you as you will obviously not change you opinion about a player or this team.

Just let Mpls drink his Kool-Aid and think that Bell isn't the best back in the conference and probably the nation. Next thing you know he will be saying how NDSU could take down 'Bama.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 01:29 PM
In 2009, IN St made a deal with Western Kentucky so that they didn't have to play at WKU that year so that instead they could play an NAIA team from Indiana at home. They lost the game. They were winless that year save for beating the worst WIU team in history. Prior to that the last game they won was Oct 21, 2006!! They had sub-high school facilities in all aspects.

Your G-D right I wanted them booted out of the MVFC. They didn't deserve to be in the league when you compared their program to every other.

Of course their 2010 improvement and now 2011 success are incredible. Possibly too good to be true. There's only so much talent you can convince to come to a school based solely on the promise of "being apart of turning around a program". Yes, you can get some talent doing that - but you shouldn't necessarily be able to swing as much talent as Miles has got. We'll see.

The facilities are marginally better, but at least they're making an effort towards respectability in that regard. Because once kids start graduating and once Miles moves on to a bigger school - both of which *will* happen - a program only ever has its facilities and financial support to fall back on.

So, there you go.

The classic "I was proven wrong so they must be cheating" theory. Wow, what a small matter of just looking at the number of football recruits coming from the area could solve. Lou west was brought in for one reason: so Andi Meyers could have a football program bad enough to cut. Once that happened talent went into the ****ter. Whether MPLs likes it or not, we are only going to get better.

TheBisonator
November 4th, 2011, 01:32 PM
The classic "I was proven wrong so they must be cheating" theory. Wow, what a small matter of just looking at the number of football recruits coming from the area could solve. Lou west was brought in for one reason: so Andi Meyers could have a football program bad enough to cut. Once that happened talent went into the ****ter. Whether MPLs likes it or not, we are only going to get better.

Indiana State football is good now because they actually decided to put some money and attention into it. ISU-B used to play in a 2-sided Memorial Stadium in front of crowds of 20,000 and won some Missouri Valley/Gateway championships. It's capable of being done in Terre Haute. Problem was a long period of semi-abandonment. U of Minnesota football suffered the same fate from the late 60's to a few years ago.

I think the next step would be a 10,000-seat on-campus stadium or something like that.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Just let Mpls drink his Kool-Aid and think that Bell isn't the best back in the conference and probably the nation. Next thing you know he will be saying how NDSU could take down 'Bama.

Johnson. Thank you for disciplining your own or at least supposedly your own (I still think technically he is darrells responsibiltu) I think bell will get his but the difference maker will be if Alex jones takes off...

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Indiana State football is good now because they actually decided to put some money and attention into it. ISU-B used to play in a 2-sided Memorial Stadium in front of crowds of 20,000 and won some Missouri Valley/Gateway championships. It's capable of being done in Terre Haute. Problem was a long period of semi-abandonment. U of Minnesota football suffered the same fate from the late 60's to a few years ago.

I think the next step would be a 10,000-seat on-campus stadium or something like that.

O no you are absolutely right.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 01:48 PM

Stadium u are completely correct on but those isu teams regularly had tightends playing tackle...

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM
dgreenwell you are right, mplsbison is darrell, check the IP addresses.

BACK to the game, Bell is good, I just think ndsu's defense is better, no smack, just truth.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 02:59 PM

BACK to the game, Bell is good, I just think ndsu's defense is better, no smack, just truth.

It's not that I think bell is unstoppable by any stretch of the imagination...I just think he is likely the most dangerous running back ndsu has seen all year.our o line is healthy now so this should be just as good if not better of a game than last weeks. After the season I will be at a conference that coach bohl will be at and hope to re connect with him.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM

Unlike you lakes I don't have a hundred alias's.

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
why are you posting in a NDSU/ISU thread. go away, seriously you need help.

BACK TO GAME AFTER RUDELY INTERRUPTED

Yes greenwell, bohl is a cool cat, enjoy the game, it should be a good one.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM

Take it easy on Darrel here...I don't think it's him considering his past wise ness on isu.
Bohl is a nice guy. I have known him for a few years...nice guy...smart mind on football.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 03:22 PM

If you don't want me to post on here don't make false accusations about me.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Another game thread for NDSU that turns into a flame war. Can we please stop this nonsense or at least take it to smack?

DJKyR0
November 4th, 2011, 03:30 PM
If anyone's interested, here's the game preview available on bisonillustrated.com: http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=739

Supplemental information and takes available on the Bison Sports Blog, the link for which is in my signature below.

Enjoy.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Another game thread for NDSU that turns into a flame war. Can we please stop this nonsense or at least take it to smack?

Yeah. Can we please all act our Age?

MplsBison
November 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM

You have no ability to rate talent. You're the same as any other accountant fan who didn't play football - look at the stats to see who's best.

Football games are not won on stats. Stats are for losers.

I'll take McNorton and Ojuri over Bell because they're winners.

MplsBison
November 4th, 2011, 05:27 PM

There's a reason Indiana and Purdue are bottom Big Ten teams. There's a reason Butler and Valpo play non-scholarship football. There's a reason Notre Dame has to recruit nationally to stay relevant in the BCS top 25.

The state of Indiana just doesn't play that good of high school football. It's a basketball state, through and through. What football talent is produces goes elsewhere. If IN St's recovery strategy is to pick off the IN kids that IU, PU, ND and other Big Ten schools don't want - it ain't gunna happen for ya. You'll get lucky with a guy like Bell now and then, too short and too slow to be recruited by the major schools.

semobison
November 4th, 2011, 05:28 PM
You have no ability to rate talent. You're the same as any other accountant fan who didn't play football - look at the stats to see who's best.

Are you saying Bell is a loser? Please explain!

MplsBison
November 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Are you saying Bell is a loser? Please explain!

What I said is self-explanatory and it does not say Bell is a loser. I can't help you with reading comprehension.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2011, 05:47 PM

I have played football all my life. Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension. I have SEEN all three play with my own eyes. It wasn't just the stats that showed me he was better. Did you ever play football? Did you ever play college football?

Give me a break. You will never admit you are wrong, but after this weekend you will know how good Shakir Bell is too. That is figuring you even watch the game.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 05:48 PM
There's a reason Indiana and Purdue are bottom Big Ten teams. There's a reason Butler and Valpo play non-scholarship football. There's a reason Notre Dame has to recruit nationally to stay relevant in the BCS top 25.

The state of Indiana just doesn't play that good of high school football. It's a basketball state, through and through. What football talent is produces goes elsewhere. If IN St's recovery strategy is to pick off the IN kids that IU, PU, ND and other Big Ten schools don't want - it ain't gunna happen for ya. You'll get lucky with a guy like Bell now and then, too short and too slow to be recruited by the major schools.

Ah I see with short running backs how unlikely it is they produce considering a large amount of them are currently in the NFL. Secondly, alot of Indianas talent doesn't stay in Indiana. That that does us just as you said before, good. It is amazing that MPLs wants to use numbers until they go against his argument. Watch the Carmel vs Warren central (bells alma mater) and tell me there is no talent in Indiana. Indiana schools recruit in Indiana but the obvious super talent states are Florida and Texas and California. Never stated otherwise but Indy isn't bad.
Btw butler and valpo can't afford to be above non scholly...valpo may get beat by my high school team honestly.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM

Wait I thought teams won not individuals. You sir are pure nonsense. You are a guy who watches the pre game show and listens to what espn spouts off and make yourself into an expert in your opinion.
Watch bell play and learn about football to my level and get back to me.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Elitist jerks. All around.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Elitist jerks. All around.

I really dont get where that comes from.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Wait I thought teams won not individuals. You sir are pure nonsense. You are a guy who watches the pre game show and listens to what espn spouts off and make yourself into an expert in your opinion.
Watch bell play and learn about football to my level and get back to me.

ValleyChamp
November 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM

Stats are for losers.

Its not about stats. Watch the kid play.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM

He was the one stating that others didn't know to his level. I was just returning the gesture.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM
By stooping to his level you become an elitist tard aswell. Very occasionally mpls says something that isnt completely bat****. It's best to just let it go.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
By stooping to his level you become an elitist tard aswell. Very occasionally mpls says something that isnt completely bat****. It's best to just let it go.

Touché I should have let his trollish nonsense go. It's just idiotic nonsense IMO to call anyone a football "expert", there isn't such a thing. Ask any coach that has a good team he learns something everyday about football or his team. Football is a constantly changing business, 10 years ago the Florida offense was non existent in the sport. Do you see a conference that doesn't have something similar to it these days?

FargoBison
November 4th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Just put a few certain Bison fans on ignore and your posting experience will be much more enjoyable.

Dgreenwell3
November 4th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Just put a few certain Bison fans on ignore and your posting experience will be much more enjoyable.

Good point.

frozennorth
November 4th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Unlike you lakes I don't have a hundred alias's.

I hear that I too am lakesbison.

darell1976
November 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I hear that I too am lakesbison.

For a guy who bashes the school he attends one would imagine.

LakesBison
November 4th, 2011, 10:38 PM
dude you have zero life to be able to repost to everything. and in a thread thats NOT about your team.

alvinkayak6
November 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Lakes, take a deep breath. Your team is #1 right now. You should be --> xrotatehx

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Let's get back to the game at hand

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 01:49 PM
10-10 tie after a Ronnie Fouch TD Pass

BTW Indiana State wearing those black pants is hideous with the white helmets.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
10-10 tie after a Ronnie Fouch TD Pass

BTW Indiana State wearing those black pants is hideous with the white helmets.

So odd looking.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I had a feeling shakir was going to be the distraction this half. He has dominated this year in the second half.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM
17-10 Bison after an Ojuri rushing TD.

That Bison offensive line is unbelievable. Jensen has all day to throw, and McNorton and Ojuri have just had huge holes to run through. The drive was set up by a big kick return by Marcus Williams too.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
ISU goes 3 and out.

NDSU takes over on the 23ish.

LakesBison
November 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
shakir is hurt and NDSU gets a 3 & out. 17-10 NDSU, hoping NDSU scores here, 24-10 , then get ball to start 3rd and score again 31-10 game over.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
NDSU player being taken off the field on a stretcher. Hope everything is okay for him.

ISU has the ball with just over a minute left in the first half with NDSU leading 17-10.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
shakir is hurt and NDSU gets a 3 & out. 17-10 NDSU, hoping NDSU scores here, 24-10 , then get ball to start 3rd and score again 31-10 game over.

Shakir isn't hurt...

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
He just ran for a nine yard gain.
Hope whomever the bison is down on the field is ok...

bisonguy
November 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, Shakir looks better now than he has the rest of the first half.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Shakir looks better now than he has the rest of the first half.

For some strange reason every first half this year some offensive player comes out playing like a lame duck.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 02:37 PM
17-10 lead for the Bison at the Half.

ISU misses a field goal on the last play. Of course they have a fullback handling the kicking duties so not terribly surprising.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Tuned into espn3 in the middle of the 2nd qtr. Not surprised to see IN St hanging in there, I knew this was in no way going to be an easy game for NDSU.

Their players look every bit as big and fast as all the MVFC. There is no possible way that Miles single handily brought that much new talent to a program with nothing, so there must've already been some talent at IN St. Don't understand why they lost so many games.

The uniform colors are wrong. They missed the "black can be a team color too!" trend by a couple years and that is dying off now (thankfully). Trying to be a blue Louisville? Get rid of the black pants and the black trims. Colts style worked well, go back to that. The "_ STATE" on the front with the _ being a little state of Indiana is very corny as well.

Their kicker is a fullback and I'm assuming his ankles are taped and he's not wearing kicking shoes. That is not a reasonable scenario that a full-scholarship FCS team should be in.

Bell is exactly what I thought: short little guy, not slow but not fast, very strong hence very hard to tackle if you can't get his legs. He is a great RB - just like every MVFC team has. He is not head and shoulders above any of them, figuratively or literally. Fouch is a good QB as well. Those are probably their best two guys.

I saw Drevlow hobble by the camera in the background when they were interviewing Bohl. He had one of those super-knee brace things that they put on people with suspected joint tears. No doubt he tore something to some degree, it's just a matter of if he'll need surgery or not. Hope to get him back by playoffs. It shouldn't be a huge concern because NDSU has 6 good tackles. Truthfully, I think Perry and Drevlow are the starters because they played so much last year. But guys like Juckem, LaVoy, etc. are very capable.

Good game, glad to see a decent amount of blue in the stands -- oops, I mean stand. Looks like maybe 8-10k total. Looking for something like 31-24 finish maybe, depending on what adjustments are made.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
No 3rd down conversions in 5 attempts for IN St. 2nd half starting.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
3 and out for NDSU offense. No momentum for the Bison, lets see how IN St does...

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Indiana state shuts down ndsu on a 4th down.
Isu driving in the redzone

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Bell is tearing up the field in the 2nd half

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Couple 3rd down conversions for IN St, some nice plays but ultimately stall out and turn over on downs when they decided to go for it on 4th. NDSU ball in their own territory.

No_Skill
November 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Bell looked hurt on that last drive.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Bell is tearing up the field in the 2nd half

I especially liked when he rushed for no gain, being tackled by Preston Evans.

Why does everyone love this guy so much? Even NDSU fans are falling over themselves to make sure everyone knows that they think he's a great player.

It's like after the EWU game last year they think if they don't give enough props to the opposing team on internet message boards then the football gods will smite the Bison. Gee whiz.

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Why does everyone love this guy so much? Even NDSU fans are falling over themselves to make sure everyone knows that they think he's a great player.

It's like after the EWU game last year they think if they don't give enough props to the opposing team on internet message boards then the football gods will smite the Bison. Gee whiz.

He had a good series, does that mean I love him? Get a grip.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM

He is a damn good football player, may be a pro. Why do you feel the need to slight bison opponents?

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM
He had a good series, does that mean I love him? Get a grip.

You're a fan of NDSU right? Why would you post about the good things their players do?

They have their own fans, leave that to them. Try posting about the good things our defense has been doing all game.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
He is a damn good football player, may be a pro. Why do you feel the need to slight bison opponents?

He is a great player, something I've never said otherwise.

Every MVFC team has a player like him - yet you do not see this level of fawning over any of the others. Makes no sense.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Wow - dirty, cheap hit on a defenseless receiver. First down NDSU on the personal foul - the correct call.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
He is a great player, something I've never said otherwise.

Every MVFC team has a player like him - yet you do not see this level of fawning over any of the others. Makes no sense.

Because none of the others lead the NCAA in rushing.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
You're a fan of NDSU right? Why would you post about the good things their players do?

They have their own fans, leave that to them. Try posting about the good things our defense has been doing all game.

Gil is a fan if ndsu, unlike you IMO

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Sportsmanship young souixfan, sportsmanship..............

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Because none of the others lead the NCAA in rushing.

Exactly.

So as I said (and was lambasted for) - it's a bunch accountants drooling over numbers on a piece of paper.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Wow - dirty, cheap hit on a defenseless receiver. First down NDSU on the personal foul - the correct call.

Wasn't my proudest moment of this team but it was "dirty"...I don't think there was any malicious intent.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Exactly.

So as I said (and was lambasted for) - it's a bunch accountants drooling over numbers on a piece of paper.

So then winning and losing doesn't matter? I mean it's just numbers.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Sportsmanship young souixfan, sportsmanship..............

Wrong.

Sportsmanship is not saying bad things about them, which is fine if not boring.

You're going over that line to congratulate their players.

Would you go up to their players and shake their hand right in front of our players after one of their guys made a great play on our guy?

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
(watch and learn Gil)

Awesome play by Brock Jensen. Throws a strike while being tackled and falling down. Great throw and NDSU is in the redzone.

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Wrong.

Sportsmanship is not saying bad things about them, which is fine if not boring.

You're going over that line to congratulate their players.

Would you go up to their players and shake their hand right in front of our players after one of their guys made a great play on our guy?

That was me down on the field with the laptop, patting Bell on the back after that drive :)

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Brock Jensen is a stud. Its official

MplsBison
Wasn't my proudest moment of this team but it was "dirty"...I don't think there was any malicious intent.

Nonsense. He wanted to slay him, which is what DB are taught these days.

Gil Dobie
(watch and learn Gil)

Awesome play by Brock Jensen. Throws a strike while being tackled and falling down. Great throw and NDSU is in the endzone.

Pretty good for a Sioux fan :)

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Nonsense. He wanted to slay him, which is what DB are taught these days.

Ah, so what coaching staff have you been a member of to know this?

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Darn, only a FG out of that after Smith can hang on to another great pass by Jensen.

NDSU up 20-10.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM
That was me down on the field with the laptop, patting Bell on the back after that drive :)

Ha! You must have 4G.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
So then winning and losing doesn't matter? I mean it's just numbers.

Stats don't matter. Wins are the only thing that matters.

Very simple concept.

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Alright a 10 point lead, time for a nice defensive stop, 3 and out

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Stats don't matter. Wins are the only thing that matters.

Very simple concept.

But winning is still a number, a statistic. Stats do matter because that's how wins are built. Do a little research. You will find I am correct.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
But winning is still a number, a statistic. Stats do matter because that's how wins are built. Do a little research. You will find I am correct.

Very obvious difference between stats and wins. You know that just like anyone knows that.

Of course you're wrong, you don't even have an argument. You're telling me you'd rather have Bell with the most rushing yards and let NDSU get the win? Don't lie.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Bell with a weird fumble trees punt. Hileman booms one down field.

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Nice strip by the Bison D :)

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Very obvious difference between stats and wins. You know that just like anyone knows that.

Of course you're wrong, you don't even have an argument. You're telling me you'd rather have Bell with the most rushing yards and let NDSU get the win? Don't lie.

Did I say that? You keep saying I don't have an argument but I do. The big difference has been the offensive line of ndsu which is clearly talented. It has nothing to do with statistics being "more important" but statistics do create wins because rarely do teams ranked last in every category win alot of football games. Your just a troll that looks for one thing; attention.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Gee whiz...two more great throws by Jensen and both dropped.

Dirty move by IN St player going for Jensen's knees when he planted. OL needs to cut him hard, knock that crap off.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Really impressed with Brock Jensen he prolly has a shot at the pros. He has that rare procket presence.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Sack by NDSU, Fouch fumbles, NDSU recovers in the redzone.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Dang fumble by fouch. Should be the game. Good game bison fans (the real ones).

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:50 PM
After a statistical 48 yard punt

sgt smash
November 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
K guys, my espn 3 just quit. Can we focus on the game a little more please?

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
TD NDSU. McNorton walks into the endzone.

27-10 including PAT.

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Breathing room :)

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Did I say that? You keep saying I don't have an argument but I do. The big difference has been the offensive line of ndsu which is clearly talented. It has nothing to do with statistics being "more important" but statistics do create wins because rarely do teams ranked last in every category win alot of football games. Your just a troll that looks for one thing; attention.

There is no argument in there. You're saying that stats matter and yet you just admitted that they do not matter.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM
7:44 left in the 4th. IN St fans leaving in droves.

Drblankstare
November 5th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm very impressed with the blues, they are alot more physical than I thought.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 03:59 PM
There is no argument in there. You're saying that stats matter and yet you just admitted that they do not matter.

That's not what I said. What I said is"how many teams do you see winning with low statistics" paraphrasing of course but your just a sioux troll. Once again, you don't gain yards without statistics and apparently bell is one of the best in the country at gaining yards and as you said "I am not saying indiana state doesn't have talent just that north Dakota state has more talent all around." of course you change your argument to whatever benefits you...bell is the best running back in the mvfc. Live with it Indiana state is here to stay, no room for the sioux in the valley.

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Both ISU's are good this year.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
To the real bison fans, damn is that a good ball club you guys have put together. Physicality upfront to that point unheard of at this level.
Most impressed with the secondary of the bison and Brock jensen is a good quarterback. Don't see any problems with his turf toe. He looks good.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM
IN St still has life here, games not over yet. Nice long throw and catch and two great runs by IN St -- NOT Bell. Bell is not in, it's #9 for IN St.

He's looked better than Bell though, maybe he's hurt?

IN St has goal to go. 3rd down coming.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM
To the real bison fans, damn is that a good ball club you guys have put together. Physicality upfront to that point unheard of at this level.
Most impressed with the secondary of the bison and Brock jensen is a good quarterback. Don't see any problems with his turf toe. He looks good.

Thanks man.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 04:06 PM
TD IN St.

Assuming they will go for the on-side.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 04:06 PM
2 pt conversion NO GOOD.

Apparently coaches didn't want Bell on the field. Maybe this #9 is better at pass protection.

So much for being the best RB in the Valley!! Gotta do it all, including pass pro.

Drblankstare
November 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Much appreciated, ISU is dangerous and only improving. The future looks bright

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
NDSU recovers the on-side kick and IN St was offsides anyway.

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 04:10 PM
That's not what I said. What I said is"how many teams do you see winning with low statistics" paraphrasing of course but your just a sioux troll. Once again, you don't gain yards without statistics and apparently bell is one of the best in the country at gaining yards and as you said "I am not saying indiana state doesn't have talent just that north Dakota state has more talent all around." of course you change your argument to whatever benefits you...bell is the best running back in the mvfc. Live with it Indiana state is here to stay, no room for the sioux in the valley.

Is it possible to win a game without gaining a single yard on offense? Yep, it is.

Stats do not matter. Wins matter.

Further showing you have no argument is your consistently taking personal shots at me. It shows a weak mind.

Bell is not the best RB in the Valley. That much is a certainty.

I'm glad that IN St is no longer the worst program in scholarship FCS, if for no other reason than it takes that blemish away from the MVFC.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 04:14 PM
2 pt conversion NO GOOD.

Apparently coaches didn't want Bell on the field. Maybe this #9 is better at pass protection.

So much for being the best RB in the Valley!! Gotta do it all, including pass pro.

Brock lough is a big part of our pass game. He is a good runner and likely all mvc guy. He is regularly used at the goal line. Do some research and get back to me once again.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Shakir bell ran for 79 yards.... he maybe isnt quite as good as advertised. Im sure he is a great back though. I was expecting 200 yds...

MplsBison
November 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM
NDSU wins 27-16.

Great effort by IN St. I did not watch the NDSU-IL St game this year, but no doubt IN St is right there with IL St and YSU for the 3rd best team in the conference after NDSU and UNI.

Gil Dobie
Coach Bohl goes over and shakes Bell's hand and Miles of course :)

MplsBison
Shakir bell ran for 79 yards.... he maybe isnt quite as good as advertised. Im sure he is a great back though. I was expecting 200 yds...

Exactly.

He is NOT the best RB in the nation. Stats are irrelevant.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Is it possible to win a game without gaining a single yard on offense? Yep, it is.

Stats do not matter. Wins matter.

Further showing you have no argument is your consistently taking personal shots at me. It shows a weak mind.

Bell is not the best RB in the Valley. That much is a certainty.

I'm glad that IN St is no longer the worst program in scholarship FCS, if for no other reason than it takes that blemish away from the MVFC.

I take shots at you because you clearly show a lack of understanding of my schools team but act like an expert. I take shots at you because just about everyone (including your supposed own school) don't like you. Plus you make this whole "stats don't matter"argument but while it can be true in some cases. It just isn't in this one, hence why you make the personal assault of saying I have a "weak mind".
Now to the real bison fans, congrats and as I have stated multiple times, i see no reason that you can't win the title.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM

I think the problem was play calling. Check out every game where bell led the team to a victory he was destructive in the 4th quarter.

CommishBigSmooth
November 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
To me, Bell is definitely the physically strongest back I've seen in the conference this season. In space, he's not the fastest or as elusive as McNorton or Ojiuri, but he's the toughest back to bring down by far. That 21-yard run on the drive that tied it up 10-10 was really impressive with him shedding tacklers multiple times. I think had he not been somewhat banged up later in the game and ISU was not down double digits, he may have been more of a factor. Certainly the NDSU defense had something to do with that as well.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I think the problem was play calling. Check out every game where bell led the team to a victory he was destructive in the 4th quarter.

Could be this is the only game ive seen him play in.

FargoBison
November 5th, 2011, 05:51 PM

To me it seemed like Bell was a bit gimpy late in the game.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 05:58 PM
To me it seemed like Bell was a bit gimpy late in the game.

I think he was fine but because we were forced to pass it didn't help.

Drblankstare
November 5th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Bell didn't have a great game, but anyone who avg's 150 in this league is damn good. Bison D did its job today credit to them.

344Johnson
November 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM
He looked like a really good running back. Extremely quick, and when you run so low to the ground you make it hard on defenders, especially when you are strong for your size. I don't think he would do great in the "Oklahoma Drill" but dang he is a tough quick bugger, Indiana St. could have used him better IMO.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
He looked like a really good running back. Extremely quick, and when you run so low to the ground you make it hard on defenders, especially when you are strong for your size. I don't think he would do great in the "Oklahoma Drill" but dang he is a tough quick bugger, Indiana St. could have used him better IMO.

You are probably correct, we are trying to use him more as an overall weapon. Not just running the ball.
Really impressed with beck the linebacker, he filled the holes bell broke out against basically every over team. Talented smart player.

AmsterBison
November 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I'm going to have to watch the game (had to listen to it) but it sounded like ISI-Blue has the best secondary NDSU has come across to far this year.

steelbison
November 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM

Thanks, please don't reply to a troll like MPLBISON.....he's a tool.....Bell is the best back in the Valley IMHO. He just didn't get enough carries today.

So glad ISU is really a up and coming program. Just makes the Valley that much tougher.

Best of luck to you guys the rest of the year!!

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Bison fans, pls don't be homers. Bell is small and a little dinged up late in the year. IF he had NDSU's line he'd have video game numbers. McNorton and Ojiuri would not have his numbers if they played for the Trees.

No_Skill
November 5th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Bison fans, pls don't be homers. Bell is small and a little dinged up late in the year. IF he had NDSU's line he'd have video game numbers. McNorton and Ojiuri would not have his numbers if they played for the Trees.

Not sure what that's all about...he's getting his props.

I think he's the quickest and shiftiest back we've seen this year.

Dgreenwell3
November 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Not sure what that's all about...he's getting his props.

I think he's the quickest and shiftiest back we've seen this year.

Yeah I think he just read MPLS's nonsense.
Tbh 98 percent of the bison fans have been great this week. And those that visited sycamorepride have been pretty respectful for the most part.

No_Skill
November 5th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah I think he just read MPLS's nonsense.
Tbh 98 percent of the bison fans have been great this week. And those that visited sycamorepride have been pretty respectful for the most part.

Ahh that makes sense. I don't have him on ignore, but I usually skip past his "posts".

FargoBison
November 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I thought Bell looked like a tough little back, maybe the best we've seen. I also didn't think he was 100% as he was limping a bit throughout the game.