PDA

View Full Version : SoCon predictions/ scores for 11-5-11

catamount man
October 30th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Wofford 80 WCU 14 (I am serious. Terriers will set NCAA single game rushing yard records, EB will set an individual game record and if it gets Grimmice the menace outta Cullowhee, I and others will be all for it, attendance by 4th quarter-1,000 if we're lucky) xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

App St 31 Furman 27 (THIS should be on tv next week and not our game with Wofford. Just gotta feeling ASU is in Furman's head again in 2011)

Samford 19 UTC 17 (could go either way but I feel UTC is too bummed out at this point)

GSU 48 The Citadel 21 (pissed off Eagles take it out on El Cid)

Elon - IDLE

Reign of Terrier
October 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Wofford 52 Western 21

App State 24 Furman 18 (I'll be pulling for those damn barneys either way)

Samford 27 Chattanooga 24 (should be a good game)

GSU 34 Citadel 21

Elon 0 Idle 1 (turnovers kill the flaming birds in this one)

catamount man
October 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM
YT,

are you & your dad gonna be there? I will come by and say hello. I sit near the visitors on what we call "the old side". Please take it easy on us.xbawlingx

Saint3333
October 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Wofford by as many as they want it to be.

NP.

UTC by 7.

GSU by as many as they want it to be.

Reign of Terrier
October 30th, 2011, 01:07 PM
we're probably not making it....honestly I don't want to go seeing as it's on TV, I've been to a bunch of away games this year and we'll win by a bunch anyway.

PaladinNation
October 30th, 2011, 01:38 PM
If Furman loses to APP in 2011… its because they beat us on the field. BF is no BL… no hissy fits on the sidelines, and this Furman team doesn't appear to mail it in when adversity strikes.

I watched APP/Wofford and APP/GSU man what a big difference. This game is going to be a big challenge for the Dins, but my gut tells me APP is walking into the fire.

Expect a big crowd, and vocal students, they where up and stayed for the Wofford game, and this one is bigger. If its close the fourth quarter is going to be loud.

I'll go out on a limb, I think Furman matches up better than GSU against the APP offense. I like our linebackers ability to cover, Steed will shut down one side of the field, and our safeties can lay the wood on receivers. Also our DE's are very mobile and it appears we finally have a physical DL. I except a very physical game. I have no idea if we can win… but I think we will lay it all on the line.

Reign of Terrier
October 30th, 2011, 01:40 PM
If Furman loses to APP in 2011… its because they beat us on the field. BF is no BL… no hissy fits on the sidelines, and this Furman doesn't appear to mail it in when adversity strikes.

I watched APP/Wofford and APP/GSU man what a big difference. This game is going to be a big challenge for the Dins, but my gut tells me APP is walking into the fire.

Expect a big crowd, and vocal the students where up and stayed for the Wofford game, and this one is bigger. If its close the fourth quarter is going to be loud.

I'll go out on a limb, I think Furman matches up better than GSU against the APP offense. I like our linebackers ability to cover, Steed will shut down one side of the field, and our safeties can lay the wood on receivers. Also our DE's are very mobile and it appears we finally have a physical DL. I except a very physical game. I have no idea if we can win… but I think we will lay it all on the line.

Actually I'm going to call you out on this one. A big portion of the students left after the homecoming ceremony, I remember commenting about it to my dad because y'all were still up at half.

PaladinNation
October 30th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Actually I'm going to call you out on this one. A big portion of the students left after the homecoming ceremony, I remember commenting about it to my dad because y'all were still up at half.

yes, we did have some but most stayed… and from the sidelines it was loud in the fourth. Led by the students.

FurmanWins!!
October 30th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Go Paladins, Beat App!

Saint3333
October 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
If Furman loses to APP in 2011… its because they beat us on the field. BF is no BL… no hissy fits on the sidelines, and this Furman team doesn't appear to mail it in when adversity strikes.

Expect a big crowd, and vocal students, they where up and stayed for the Wofford game, and this one is bigger. If its close the fourth quarter is going to be loud.

I know Steed is a stud. That said I hope Furman trys to cover Quick similar to what GSU did. I think GSU has the edge on the dline and overall speed on Furman. ASU needs to stay focused and win the turnover battle in this one.

PaladinFan
October 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I know Steed is a stud. That said I hope Furman trys to cover Quick similar to what GSU did. I think GSU has the edge on the dline and overall speed on Furman. ASU needs to stay focused and win the turnover battle in this one.

Comparatively, Furman has a better defensive backfield than Georgia Southern. The Paladins also have a guy that will likely be the conference DPOY at middle linebacker. GSU is better across the front seven generally, but after the last two weeks, I wouldn't put money against the Paladins. The defensive front has been absolutely unreal against UTC and Wofford.

The butt kicking in Statesboro might well have been the best thing for Furman. Sure seemed to ignite the defense.

walliver
October 30th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Wofford 49, WCU 35
Furman 31, App State 28 (I only saw the last half of the ASU-GSU game, but App appeared very rough around the edges). The Hillbillies would win by a landslide at the Rock, but I think the furples pull the upset at home).
UTC 35, Samford 31 - UTC is out of the hunt, but would relish knocking someone else out of playoff contention - The Mocs have a flawed, but dangerous, team.
GSU 56, Bellhops 28 - GSU lead 56-0 at the half.

Mountaineer#96
October 30th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Wofford 42 - 10 (Western.......ugh)

Samford 35 - 27 (UTC playing for pride, but there can't be much left at this point)

UPSET ALERT ! THE Citadel 31 - 28 (I don't know why everyone is thinking blowout in this game, look at how well the Cadets have played recently)

atlfcsfan
October 30th, 2011, 03:52 PM
WOFFORD 38 W CAROLINA 14
APP ST 34 FURMAN 24
CHATTY 27 SAMFORD 20
GA SO 31 CITADEL 7

GSU Eagle
October 30th, 2011, 03:59 PM
GSU 37 Citadel 20 (For a half this game will be fairly close, the Eagles wake up)
Furman 27 Appalachian 24 (Furman is long overdue for a win in this series)
Samford 28 Chattanooga 17 (Chatty may wilt away as playoff hopes are gone)
Wofford 45 Western Carolina 10 (It could be worse by Ayers will call off the dogs)

T-Dog
October 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
we're probably not making it....honestly I don't want to go seeing as it's on TV, I've been to a bunch of away games this year and we'll win by a bunch anyway.

Come to Greenville and watch me yell at OL FU for being old.

Appaholic
October 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Wofford 63 WCU 3

App St 28 Furman 27

Samford 24 UTC 3

GSU 42 citadel 21

Elon - IDLE

PaladinNation
October 30th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Quick is a stud… I would love to see Quick and Steed go head to head… but I'm afraid we won't see much of that matchup. BF will need to dial up some smart cover schemes. I think you will be surprised by the speed and size of our safeties and our outside backers.

Here's what I find interesting… Furman is a run first team but they will be far more diverse passing than any team APP has faced this season. Comparison stats:

APP Receiving 9 players
126 Catches 1633 yards 13 TD's
Opponents 112 catches 1413 yards 8 TD's

FU Receiving 13 players
116 Catches 1667 yards 18 TD's
Opponents 88 catches 1210 yards 6 TD's

Furman receivers against APP defense
APP LB’s 6-2, 5-11, 5-10 FU TE’s 6-5, 6-2
APP SS 6-0, FS 6-2 FU SE’s 6-4, 6-2 FU SLOT 6-1
APP CB 5-10, 6-0 FU FLK 5-11, 6-0

Colin Anderson 30 catches 495 yards 6 TD's not bad for a 6-5 TE

asumike83
October 30th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Wofford 49 @ Western Carolina 14
The Citadel 20 @ Georgia Southern 38
Chattanooga 21 @ Samford 24
Appalachian State 34 @ Furman 24

Boots
October 30th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Based on the season so far in the SOCON, I can only predict one game with confidence.

Wofford 102 WCU 3.

Ga Southern should beat Citadel
App State should handle Furman
Chatty vs Samford....who knows? I'm pulling for Samford. Their coach isn't nuts.

AppStsGr8
October 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Wofford - Way too much WCU - Not Nearly Enough
GaSo - more than Citadel

The other two? ... I'll tell you next Sunday.

Biff
October 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Wofford 42 - 10 (Western.......ugh)

Samford 35 - 27 (UTC playing for pride, but there can't be much left at this point)

UPSET ALERT ! THE Citadel 31 - 28 (I don't know why everyone is thinking blowout in this game, look at how well the Cadets have played recently)

I hope you're right

Wofford 55 WCU 14 (and could be worse, I just don't know how much Mike Ayers can hold the team off)
App St. 38 Furman 24
Samford 28 Chatty 24 (Coin flip game, edge to the home team)
GSU 30 Citadel 14

Woof
November 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
WOFFORD 56 W CAROLINA 17

FURMAN 14 APP ST 10 (may play some OT in this one)

SAMFORD 17 CHATTY 10

GA SO 41 CITADEL 7

ELON- RB Shuman has a break out game a/g IDLE and his tweeting privileges are restored

ElonPride
November 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Elon 0 Idle 1 (turnovers kill the flaming birds in this one)

Oh come on! That's a low blow.....leave us alone our week off xthumbsupx

OL FU
November 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Come to Greenville and watch me yell at OL FU for being old.

What, you got something against old people:p

Thefootballfan
November 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM
App only had five starters out when they mauled GSU. (Tanyi, Gainey, Jones, Lamb, Holt) It will take three more to make the Furman game competitive.
App wins big. The Furm D does not have the speed to cover ASU receivers.

ericsaid
November 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM
Wofford 56 WCU 3
GaSo-45 El Chit-10
Sammy-20 Chatty Choo Choo-13
App-41 FU-20

Saw FU play GaSo at Furman and the game got out of hand quite late. The 3-4 is starting to come together and Demetrius McCray is really coming into his own. Also, Troy Sanders hitting power is unlike anything i've seen at the FCS level and at safety I think he will lay the wood to some recievers over the middle possibly causing some interceptions.

The other games need no explanation. Chatty is out of the playoff picture again and I imagine that is quite disheartening. Sammy has a tough D and mediocre offense as does Chatty at this point in the season. It'll be a low scoring affair.

ericsaid
November 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM
BTW, Jamal Jackson can get the ball anywhere it needs to be on the field. If Furman can't cover Quick it'll be a long day. If Quick is covered, expect a lot of post routes and bubble screens to Walker and Peacock. If those are covered App may not score 41 points but I don't see Furman out-scoring the App defense the way they have been playing since the Wofford loss.

I-16Bandit
November 1st, 2011, 08:17 PM
BTW, Jamal Jackson can get the ball anywhere it needs to be on the field. If Furman can't cover Quick it'll be a long day. If Quick is covered, expect a lot of post routes and bubble screens to Walker and Peacock. If those are covered App may not score 41 points but I don't see Furman out-scoring the App defense the way they have been playing since the Wofford loss.

If one of your players have a break-out run down the field, watch out for the cheap horse collar just to stop the score.

But really, in the GSU/App game, almost every time Jamal threw to the flats, their receivers were WIDE open with room to run. Need to cover Quick and the flats (and no busted routes xbangx). If you do all of those well, you are in for a good game.

PaladinFan
November 1st, 2011, 08:22 PM
App only had five starters out when they mauled GSU. (Tanyi, Gainey, Jones, Lamb, Holt) It will take three more to make the Furman game competitive.
App wins big. The Furm D does not have the speed to cover ASU receivers.

Besides the top defensive player in the SoCon, the best defensive back in the FCS, and the guy that swept every national award they give a defensive player last week, Furman has no talent on defense.

seantaylor
November 2nd, 2011, 12:48 AM
Besides the top defensive player in the SoCon, the best defensive back in the FCS, and the guy that swept every national award they give a defensive player last week, Furman has no talent on defense.

Furman has nowhere near the top defensive player in the Socon. That would be Brent Russell.

Woof
November 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Furman has nowhere near the top defensive player in the Socon. That would be Brent Russell.

There might be some disagreement on this one, particularly because it is difficult to measure apples to apples. Russell is definitely a stud and his stats are no doubt skewed by the double-teams he regularly draws (same is true for Ameet Pall and others). However, statistically speaking, Wofford OLB Alvin Scioneaux is having a huge year and cannot be left out of any conversations about best defensive player in the SoCon. Scioneaux is leading the league in tackles for loss, sacks, and forced fumbles. He is also #16 in total tackles with 6.8 per game, 37 of which are solos.

http://http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2011/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2 (http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2011/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2")

PaladinFan
November 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
There might be some disagreement on this one, particularly because it is difficult to measure apples to apples. Russell is definitely a stud and his stats are no doubt skewed by the double-teams he regularly draws (same is true for Ameet Pall and others). However, statistically speaking, Wofford OLB Alvin Scioneaux is having a huge year and cannot be left out of any conversations about best defensive player in the SoCon. Scioneaux is leading the league in tackles for loss, sacks, and forced fumbles. He is also #16 in total tackles with 6.8 per game, 37 of which are solos.

http://http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2011/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2 (http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2011/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2")

There are a couple of players I would put ahead of Russell, who I have no problem calling the league's best defensive lineman. It's just hard to argue against Anderson's production out there.

catamount man
November 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
bump

apaladin
November 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM

Good as he is if Scioneaux is #16 in tackles, I don't think he can lay claim to best in the SoCon. Just sayin' xthumbsupx

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Good as he is if Scioneaux is #16 in tackles, I don't think he can lay claim to best in the SoCon. Just sayin' xthumbsupx
considering he leads in TFL, sacks, and forced fumbles...I would say he could

app15state
November 2nd, 2011, 09:46 PM
I seriously think its one of the dumbest things ever when people say "This team's long overdue for a win." Just because you haven't won in forever doesn't mean. "oh well they've done so bad for so long, they're now gonna win." xeyebrowx The game is decided on the players and which team is better not the fact that one teams been winning so much recently there's no way they'll win again.

With that said i really think the score will be 35-17 App wins.