PDA

View Full Version : Bucknell at Lafayette

van
October 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Been watching this game being played in the snow. Bucknell is taking it to the Pards right now, stuffing the run and moving the ball on the ground themselves quite well. Terrible conditions in the first half, but ground crew did a pretty good job on the field at half time.

Current score is Bison 19 - Snow leopards 6

ngineer
October 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Frankosaurus was livid at halftime in the interview. Bucknell beating the 'pards at the line of scrimmage and controlling the play. With the conditions, there have been a number of drops and missed opportunities for both teams.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM
It's hard to believe Bucknell's OL is controlling this game. They were one of the weakest units i've seen at this level in a long, long time.

hawkineer
October 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
39-13 BU. Wow!xsmhx

The Historian
October 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Lafayette turned the ball over seven times and Bucknell rushed for over 200 yards.

carney2
October 29th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Lafayette laid down. Have they packed it in for the year? It was embarrassing.

van
October 29th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Lafayette laid down. Have they packed it in for the year? It was embarrassing.

Tend to agree with Carney on this one. Bucknell just looked like they wanted it more.

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I actually sat through this horror show.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5006/bucknellsnowgame.png

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2011, 10:05 PM

These pix - and the other one you posted on the Laf board - make me very sad.

An intriguing comment on the Laf board implied that Tavani wanted to move the kickoff time up to 1PM, but the admin wouldn't allow it. Any truth to that?

Twentysix
October 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
7 TO's? Man that is rough...

BlueHenSinfonian
October 29th, 2011, 10:12 PM

There are more people on the field than in the stands.

ngineer
October 29th, 2011, 11:04 PM
There are more people on the field than in the stands.

The "official" attendance reported at TSN boxscore says 3,146 !! Must of been all ticket sold. Couldn't have been more than a couple hundred in the stands. Did I hear that Lafayette is also playing Colgate at night next week?

Regarding other comment above about 'wanting it more', that is exactly what Tavani said after the game. Bucknell came out with fire in their eyes.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2011, 11:14 PM
There were more like 200 there.

We didn't quit... we got beat. Weather hurt us too but we go blown off the line.

Nice pics Bogie... I should have just turned around said hello!

RichH2
October 30th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Where did bison get an OL? terrible conditions to play but no excuse same for both squads. W for Bison a small surprise but score a shocker.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2011, 11:01 AM
We gift wrapped some points... 28 came off of deep fumbles and one INT. Our starting and only senior DL Mike Grimaldi was injured late in the Fordham game and is done for the year. He was probably the only credible DL threat. We have not had a sack since the Yale game?

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2011, 06:48 PM

An intriguing comment on the Laf board implied that Tavani wanted to move the kickoff time up to 1PM, but the admin wouldn't allow it. Any truth to that?

I had a guy at the BU busses wearing a BU hat confirm that they wanted to move it up. Didnt say that the admin nixed it. At least I saw what will probably be the only snow game I will ever see at Fisher Field in my life. It was a classic - except for the drubbing. Congrats Bison - particularly impressed they stayed still and quiet and didnt leave the field until our traditional alma mater was played after the game ended. Classy performance during and after game.

ngineer
October 30th, 2011, 11:21 PM

Probably. They were fearful that a Greek colonization could occur during milder weather...(;-)

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Some of the photos from GoLeopards.com.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8414/snowcomposite480.png