PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Southern Conference Power Rankings and Predictions - Week 10.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 29th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I was 4-1 this past week, pushing my overall record to 41-6. Furman's effort against Chattanooga keeps their playoffs hopes alive for yet another week. Based on what I have seen, here's what I have to this point. The numbers in parenthesis indicate the number of wins they need against DI teams to be considered for the playoffs.

1) Wofford (2 of 3) - Takes out frustration on Elon
2) Appalachian State (1 of 3) - Can thank their lucky stars for that win.
3) Georgia Southern (1 of 3) - That was some effort in the 3rd quarter
4) Furman (2 of 3) - ended one team's playoff chances this week.
5) Samford (3 of 3) - Keeps their playoff hopes alive with a dominating victory of WCU.
6) The Citadel (3 of 3) - Dominates VMI in a convincing fashion.
7) Chattanooga (Eliminated) - Another tough loss eliminates them from the playoffs.
8) Elon (Eliminated) - Recipient of a beatdown by a motivated Wofford team.
9) Western Carolina (Eliminated) - At least the AD got his walking papers.

Predictions
Wofford @ Western Carolina (No-brainer of the week) - Terriers use this game as a tune-up for next week's epic matchup vs. Georgia Southern
The Citadel @ Georgia Southern - Eagles use this game as a tune-up for next week's epic matchup vs. Wofford
Chattanooga @ Samford - Bulldogs have the hot hand in this one.
Appalachian State @ Furman - Resurgent Paladins valiant effort not enough against ASU.

FurmanWins!!
October 29th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Go Paladins, Beat App!!!!

Reign of Terrier
October 29th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Weirdest game of the year for Wofford today IMO We played horribly, then we didn't. I guess it was because we were playing Elon.

Reign of Terrier
October 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
App State is my number one team in the Socon....the stat of the game today.....135 yards rushing for GSU. THAT. IS. CRAZY.

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2011, 07:01 PM
How about the paladins holing Utc to three yards passing? Pretty impressive stat right there

ASU_Fanatic
October 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM
1-App
2-Gaso
3-woff
4-furman
5-chattanooga
6-samford
7-citadel
8-elon
9-wcu

boonegoon
October 29th, 2011, 10:44 PM
How about the paladins holing Utc to three yards passing? Pretty impressive stat right there

I saw that too and was pretty amazed. 1 for 7 for 3 yards a some picks.

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I saw that too and was pretty amazed. 1 for 7 for 3 yards a some picks.

I think he fumbled twice as well. I realize he's a run first qb, but that was hard to believe