PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh at Colgate Thread

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Lehigh 14, Colgate 9, 3:45 left, 2nd

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
14-12 Lehigh with the ball at midfield with 2:30 left.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Barket with a beautiful TD run on a screen pass, carrying tacklers with him in the end zone! Lehigh 21, Colgate 12

danefan
October 29th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Lehigh is clearly the better team, but Colgate is sticking around!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Colgates first possession of the second half will be big. If lehigh can stop them the hawks should be in good shape.

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Lehigh has a very tight, efficient offense with excellent outside run blocking. Colgate appears to be up to the task., however. Halftime adjustments for both teams will be interesting.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2011, 01:24 PM
An acrobatic 8 yard TD grab by Eachus makes it Lehigh 28, Colgate 18. The 2-point conversion was no good, with Lehigh bringing the kitchen sink and forcing McCarney into a off-balance throw. An underrated defensive stop to keep this a two score game.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
A 10 yard Eachs run makes it Lehigh 31, Colgate 25, about 14 minutes left in the game...

Engineer86
October 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM
This blows. 5 inches of snow and a power outage, and now Lehigh's lead is slipping away and I can't see any of it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Lehigh pulls away in the 4th quarter to win 45-25. Barket and Lum were awesome!

The Historian
October 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Final score Lehigh 45-25. Colgate was able to shutdown Lehigh's wide receivers, but it opened up the running game and the tight end. Lehigh rushed for well over 200 yards and Zach Barket scored four TDs, two each on the ground and in the air.

RichH2
October 29th, 2011, 04:24 PM
They doubled wrs . Left everything else open. Only down side Lum broke his streak of 300 yd games

ColgateTD
October 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Congrats to Lehigh. Was at the game. Barket was great - stole the book from Eachus. Colgate was within striking distance at the beginning of ths second half, but then things went downhill. Lum is a talented QB with a nice touch on his passes and you have some very athletic receivers, in addition to Barket. Looked like the Hawks' lines dominated 'Gate for the most part. Good luck the rest of the way. I don't see any way you won't be representing the PL in the NCAAs.

ngineer
October 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I got lucky and was able to watch the game just before we lost our power for about two hours. Snow is still coming down here in the Lehigh Valley.
As for the game, Colgate was a very psyched and game team. Biddle had no great options and chose to focus on shutting down Spadola and Drwal, knowing it would open up other options for Lum and Cecchini to find, and they did. Despite not having his 'usual' 300+ yard game, Lum was quite efficient and didn't try to force "too" much (there were a couple of attempts that he should have thought better of), but overall a strong performance in a tough place for anyone to win, regardless of 'gate's record this year. I was impressed by the gutsyness of the Colgate QB. Definitely wasn't 100% but moved the team. Most bothersome matter of the game was the number of major penalties Lehigh was assessed--on one play 30 yards, though the facemask was questionable, the out of bounds hit was correctly called, but it basically resulted in most of Colgate's one 'drive'. A couple of questionable pass interference calls against both teams, as well.
Mountain Hawks have certainly set the table for the sprint home, literally, as the final three games are at Goodman. Just stay healthy and focused on each opponent. "Just win baby"!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Just got power back myself. We saw Lehigh get Barket's 4th TD of the afternoon, then, poof. I had to go "shovel the driveway" to listen to the end on the radio and get the final score.

As for the officiating, I thought it was even-handedly bad, not favoring one team or another. I noted Colgate had three critical first downs at one point overturned by penalties (including at least one absolute momentum-killer, as a McCarney run resulting in 1st and goal was instead overturned). I would have loved to have seen a sideline shot of Biddle at any of them - while he looks like a cool customer, he can be anything but at times!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM
Here's some good highlights from Lehigh's 45-25 win over Colgate (scroll down). What's missing is Groome's play on special teams when he literally took a Colgate player out and then make the tackle.

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/career_day_propels_barket_to_patriot_league_weekly _award.aspx